View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Why do people want BlackBerry to fail so bad?

Posted via CB10
    It wouldn't have anything to do with 1/3 of the float being short, would it?
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    12-17-13 10:21 AM
    It does if the market heard in advance that there was going to be a huge positive announcement, and anticipates something much larger then a single 10000 unit with BES install.

It is good news but the reaction makes it seem like the gains at the end of last week were because of rumors of it.

10,000 BES users and/or device sales just isn't enough to move the SP. String a few together and maybe.

My guess, the imminent ER release and options expiration are the main SP determinants this week. The open interest at the $6.00 price is pretty large so I suspect we dance around 6 for now, we got a little high so the market reigns them in....
    Superfly_FR, plasmid_boy and W Hoa like this.
    12-17-13 10:25 AM
    You're as stubborn as me
    Not exiting hardware.
    But agree for the rest : "Sensible strategy to burn off the inventory to build up BES"
    Don't be Mad SF. Some people have Jobe to do.

Sent from my Z30 using CB Forums mobile app
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    12-17-13 10:28 AM
    Important fact to note: BBRY does not sell phones direct to end businesses. Even big ones.

Pricing would have been negotiated via Peugeot-Citroen's carrier, just like any other company.
    12-17-13 10:35 AM
    Important fact to note: BBRY does not sell phones direct to end businesses. Even big ones.

Pricing would have been negotiated via Peugeot-Citroen's carrier, just like any other company.
    ... but can be subsidized by BlackBerry.
    Last time I checked ("they" tell me what they want: salt it), this subside cannot exceed 25-30%, for huge deals.
    12-17-13 10:40 AM
    This video was posted on the front page but worth another post after today's BES10 announcement:

BlackBerry Enterprise Services 10 (BES10) helping SNT work smarter - YouTube
    12-17-13 10:42 AM
    Does every companies stock drop when good news is released?

Posted via CB10
    Buy on the rumor sell on the news?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 12:22 PM
    Well you are paying for it because lets say you buy your Laptop of dell. Dell has to pay Microsoft for every laptop they sell with threre OS. In this case blackberry is giving away 10,000 z10 that where written off so that this company will choose bes

The way i see it is good news but they are just using those millions of written off z10's as a carrot at the end of as stick for companies to go with BES. "Here come and use BES and we will give you 10,000 free phones".

This Business model works until they run out of Written off z10's because it is costing BBRY nothing at this point on the books
    I would bet they are buying 10K units at $199 per unit and CALs at $19. Sure beats buying the alternative, an iPhone, for $600 per unit, and CALs at $99. These are work phones. BBRY probably demoed 10.2.1.1055+ and showed they can download plenty of 'personal' apps for employees to play with in their 'personal' workspace.
    morganplus8, Corbu, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    12-17-13 01:07 PM
    Isn't that what we all do here?

I hope BBRY takes much of the supposition out of all of the "discussions" with the ER and/or on the conf call. I do think having the actual numbers behind the 30,000 downloads/installs is a very important number to have as I think BES10 is BBRY's best chance for long term survival and knowing how many paid users they have to start would be great to know.
    I think they will say they are waiting until the free test period to end before releasing final numbers for paid / operational vs free test / pilot and will provide the specific BES server numbers and seats in the next ER.
    12-17-13 01:13 PM
    Anyone remember that 1mil bb10 phone order?

Would that be reflected in this quarter or last? And how do we still not know who that was???

Go Jets go!
    12-17-13 01:35 PM

Would that be reflected in this quarter or last? And how do we still not know who that was???

Go Jets go!
    That was last quarter and was a middle-man company, we do know the name but I forget it... someone will google it.
    12-17-13 03:04 PM

Go Jets go!
    I recall it being said that it was a national distributor along the lines of Ingram Micro but a different Company.

As far as what quarter I have NFI.
    morganplus8, sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    12-17-13 03:19 PM
    12-17-13 03:52 PM
    BlackBerry Names John Sims Pres Global Enterprise Services.

John Sims joins BlackBerry in January from SAP, where he served as President of SAP�s Mobile Services business. John has more than 20 years of experience with companies that supply mobile telecommunications products and services to wireless operators. Before joining SAP, John held leadership positions at 724 Solutions, TANTAU Software, Intrado and Tandem Computers. He serves on the Board of Directors and Executive Committee of CTIA
    12-17-13 04:34 PM
    12-17-13 04:46 PM
    I believe I can see a smile on Superfly's face! :-)
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-17-13 05:02 PM
    BlackBerry names Sims as enterprise services president

2013-12-17 17:46 ET - News Release

Mr. John Chen reports

BLACKBERRY APPOINTS LEADER FOR ENTERPRISE SERVICES BUSINESS

John Sims will join BlackBerry Ltd. as president, global enterprise services.

"I am pleased to welcome such a seasoned executive as John to BlackBerry to help lead our key business operations through our ongoing reorganization and transition," said John Chen, executive chair and chief executive officer of BlackBerry. "His extensive experience in transforming businesses, redefining brands and motivating teams will be a tremendous asset to BlackBerry as we reshape the company to be more nimble and focused. The changes we are making demonstrate our commitment to innovating for current customers who count on BlackBerry, and the new users who are just learning how powerful and compelling the BlackBerry 10 platform can be. John will be central to all of those efforts."

Mr. Sims joins BlackBerry in January from SAP, where he served as president of SAP's mobile services business. He has more than 20 years of experience with companies that supply mobile telecommunications products and services to wireless operators. Before joining SAP, Mr. Sims held leadership positions at 724 Solutions, TANTAU Software, Intrado and Tandem Computers. He serves on the board of directors and executive committee of CTIA.
    12-17-13 05:05 PM
    So it seems John Sims was president of Sybase 365.. why does the name sound so familiar

Sybase Appoints New President of Sybase 365 -- DUBLIN, Calif., June 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
    12-17-13 05:07 PM
    Sounds like a very good hire! I wonder if Sims will move, or are they setting up their SV HQ finally? I hope the latter.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    12-17-13 05:14 PM
    Blackberry 10 was mentioned in the press release. That is an encouraging sign. This must mean that hardware is going to be an essential part of the enterprise strategy.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 05:17 PM
    BlackBerry names Sims as enterprise services president

2013-12-17 17:46 ET - News Release

Mr. John Chen reports

BLACKBERRY APPOINTS LEADER FOR ENTERPRISE SERVICES BUSINESS

John Sims will join BlackBerry Ltd. as president, global enterprise services.

"I am pleased to welcome such a seasoned executive as John to BlackBerry to help lead our key business operations through our ongoing reorganization and transition," said John Chen, executive chair and chief executive officer of BlackBerry. "His extensive experience in transforming businesses, redefining brands and motivating teams will be a tremendous asset to BlackBerry as we reshape the company to be more nimble and focused. The changes we are making demonstrate our commitment to innovating for current customers who count on BlackBerry, and the new users who are just learning how powerful and compelling the BlackBerry 10 platform can be. John will be central to all of those efforts."

Mr. Sims joins BlackBerry in January from SAP, where he served as president of SAP's mobile services business. He has more than 20 years of experience with companies that supply mobile telecommunications products and services to wireless operators. Before joining SAP, Mr. Sims held leadership positions at 724 Solutions, TANTAU Software, Intrado and Tandem Computers. He serves on the board of directors and executive committee of CTIA.
    Chen even mentioned BlackBerry 10 just for Cgk!

BB
    12-17-13 05:19 PM
    No idea what the ER's outcome will be, but I am encouraged by the news of the last week or so. I see John Chen as starting to weave his web...
    12-17-13 05:53 PM
    Seems like a good hire. I am encouraged the new CEO seems to have a plan and is trying to execute. I hope he has enough time and cash to pull it off. I am looking forward to the conference call and I am guessing he will know the rights things to say to help and not hurt the cause. At least is now looks like BBRY has a plan and at least a little bit of urgency. Now let's see them execute.
    Corbu likes this.
    12-17-13 06:13 PM
    What's BB10?

Go Jets go!
    12-17-13 06:14 PM
    Looks like some of those phones were probably some of the $199 boxing day Z10's. No surprise though given BlackBerry's state in the US.

Go Jets go!
    12-17-13 06:26 PM
113,256 ... 22792280228122822283 ...