View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    hahahahahaha ... got Mockit app (from within the beta app). Couldn't resist
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbsy1fpiqaanrjg.png-large.png

edit: dammm ... missing "S" lol
    12-17-13 08:28 AM
    hahahahahaha ... got Mockit app (from within the beta app). Couldn't resist

edit: dammm ... missing "S" lol
    I am testing it out too, here goes....
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-mockup.png

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 08:31 AM
    Peugeot chose BES10 and bought 10,000 Z10.

PSA Peugeot Citroen go BES10 and roll out 10,000 BlackBerry 10 devices! | CrackBerry.com

Keep the good news coming!!

Posted via CB10
    I dont think it says anywhere in the article that they bought 10,000. My money is on that they gave them 10,000 for choosing BES
    12-17-13 08:39 AM
    I dont think it says anywhere in the article that they bought 10,000. My money is on that they gave them 10,000 for choosing BES
    Would that not still qualify as being bought?

When you buy a laptop that comes with an OS, don't you feel that you are paying for the OS as well or do you think that you are getting the OS for free?
    12-17-13 08:47 AM
    CALs fee is good enough, whatever the price of Zeds they bundled.
    BTW, fixed
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbsy1fpiqaanrjg.png-large.png
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-17-13 08:50 AM
    True or at what price. Perhaps these were some of the written down units. This is good news nonetheless, we just need to more details to know how good, and then BBRY has to wash, rinse and repeat many, many more times. 10,000 is good, but a drop in the bucket, they need millions. Also, they should state this Q how many of those 30,000 BES10's are installs are actually paid for and how many users it covers.
    Superfly_FR and jfguay2 like this.
    12-17-13 08:53 AM
    No apps? This is ridiculous. Nothing beats a legacy phone for e-mail and calendar, not even BB10. The reason US law firms jumped ship from legacy was in large part the lack of apps.

On another note, I thought there were the "seven sisters" in Canada. Is there an informal top 5 among them?

I'm annoyed at the fact that I'm going to get one and not be able to use my Android. Carrying two phones will not be ideal. Further, I should say that you can only do email, calendar, etc. No apps as far as I know.

Waste of money if you ask me.
    12-17-13 08:57 AM

When you buy a laptop that comes with an OS, don't you feel that you are paying for the OS as well or do you think that you are getting the OS for free?
    Agreed, but if they gave them 10,000 z10's or below BBRY's cost just to get the 19/unit or whatever price they negotiated, that is not a sustainable business model. Not many companies are successful doing that. Amazon and the Kindle is about the only one I can think of though I am sure there are others.

Agreed this is good news, we just need to know how good and the details (and magnitude of units) are lacking on that front.
    12-17-13 08:58 AM

Well you are paying for it because lets say you buy your Laptop of dell. Dell has to pay Microsoft for every laptop they sell with threre OS. In this case blackberry is giving away 10,000 z10 that where written off so that this company will choose bes

The way i see it is good news but they are just using those millions of written off z10's as a carrot at the end of as stick for companies to go with BES. "Here come and use BES and we will give you 10,000 free phones".

This Business model works until they run out of Written off z10's because it is costing BBRY nothing at this point on the books
    12-17-13 09:00 AM
    Agreed, but if they gave them 10,000 z10's or below BBRY's cost just to get the 19/unit or whatever price they negotiated, that is not a sustainable business model. Not many companies are successful doing that. Amazon and the Kindle is about the only one I can think of though I am sure there are others.

Agreed this is good news, we just need to know how good and the details (and magnitude of units) are lacking on that front.
    I would see it as good news even so. The object at this point is not really about making money, but more of gaining customers.
    12-17-13 09:17 AM
    Yes! It's been on my to buy list. Now I watch Bbry lose me money on my awesome Q10

Posted via CB10
    Just don't set up BBRY in your portfolio. I made the mistake of setting it up than I saw the eye-popping red number next to it...deleted from profile, back to a happy place...LOL
    sidhuk, bondary, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    12-17-13 09:27 AM
    Agreed, but if they
    are we going to argue about this supposition on a dozen pages while (most) don't have a clue and [deleted]?
    hint: see the if size and color.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-17-13 09:30 AM
    I would see it as good news even so. The object at this point is not really about making money, but more of gaining customers.
    Each new valuable (sized enough) BES implementation will bring I.T confidence back.
    That's what is needed right now. And it's priceless. Devices will follow with next upgrades.
    12-17-13 09:33 AM
    are we going to argue about this supposition on a dozen pages while (most) don't have a clue and [deleted]?
    hint: see the if size and color.
    Isn't that what we all do here?

I hope BBRY takes much of the supposition out of all of the "discussions" with the ER and/or on the conf call. I do think having the actual numbers behind the 30,000 downloads/installs is a very important number to have as I think BES10 is BBRY's best chance for long term survival and knowing how many paid users they have to start would be great to know.
    12-17-13 09:38 AM
    Isn't that what we all do here?

I hope BBRY takes much of the supposition out of all of the "discussions" with the ER and/or on the conf call. I do think having the actual numbers behind the 30,000 downloads/installs is a very important number to have as I think BES10 is BBRY's best chance for long term survival and knowing how many paid users they have to start would be great to know.
    Agree.
    P.S : I was specifically targeting the Z10 sale price for PSA.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    12-17-13 09:45 AM
    Just don't set up BBRY in your portfolio. I made the mistake of setting it up than I saw the eye-popping red number next to it...deleted from profile, back to a happy place...LOL
    Haha that's funny, I did the same thing

Posted via CB10
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    12-17-13 09:52 AM
    Sensible strategy to burn off the inventory to build up BES before exiting hardware.
    plasmid_boy and fedakd like this.
    12-17-13 10:02 AM
    Sensible strategy to burn off the inventory to build up BES before exiting hardware.
    You're as stubborn as me
    Not exiting hardware.
    But agree for the rest : "Sensible strategy to burn off the inventory to build up BES"
    bungaboy, OMGitworks and sidhuk like this.
    12-17-13 10:04 AM
    Does every companies stock drop when good news is released?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 10:06 AM
    Are we supposed to believe people who claim to have five hundred different phones, and can therefore make an informed judgement on...whatever?

Why on earth would you want more than one phone? I can understand having two, but really...i struggle to believe folks who claim to have bought all the top phones on the market. if it's true, what a complete waste of time and money.

Posted via CB10
    And opinions are like arseholes . . . . everybody has one!

How I spend my hard earned money is really none of your business is it?

I buy what I want, when I want. I am able to do that.

I always buy my phones outright.

If I though you were worth the effort I would post pictures of all of them.

The regulars here know my word is good. We don't know about you though.

Merry Christmas to you and yours. I hope you get help with your issues. Have a Safe, Healthy, Prosperous and Happy New Year.
    12-17-13 10:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    That what you would do if you want to kill a company. Counter the good news with bad ones or create bad news by pushing the stock down.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    12-17-13 10:09 AM
    LoL. Good choice!
    12-17-13 10:12 AM
    That what you would do if you want to kill a company. Counter the good news with bad ones or create bad news by pushing the stock down.
    Why do people want BlackBerry to fail so bad?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 10:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    It does if the market heard in advance that there was going to be a huge positive announcement, and anticipates something much larger then a single 10000 unit with BES install.

It is good news but the reaction makes it seem like the gains at the end of last week were because of rumors of it.
    12-17-13 10:14 AM
    Why do people want BlackBerry to fail so bad?

Posted via CB10
    Just a wild guess, but probably because of money.
    12-17-13 10:18 AM
113,250 ... 22782279228022812282 ...