View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    What I find kinda funny is why I am seeing this ad whenever I check this thread. It kinda sums up the mood of BBRY shareholders at the moment.
    Attachment 230534
    lol... i'm pretty sure that's linked to your browse history / cookies...
    bigbadben10, bungaboy and georg4BB like this.
    12-16-13 02:50 PM
    lol... i'm pretty sure that's linked to your browse history / cookies...
    And seeing how I own BBRY shares, I guess its working...
    12-16-13 02:58 PM
    A disappointing sign of the current enterprise state. My firm (top 5 Canadian law firm) is migrating all devices to the iPhone 5s 16GB. Those that have legacy BB devices can use them but there is no BB10 upgrade option. We also have BOYD but it's only supported for iPhone and BlackBerry, no Android.

I'm wanna find out if the devices are being managed through BES10.
    12-16-13 04:13 PM
    A disappointing sign of the current enterprise state. My firm (top 5 Canadian law firm) is migrating all devices to the iPhone 5s 16GB. Those that have legacy BB devices can use them but there is no BB10 upgrade option. We also have BOYD but it's only supported for iPhone and BlackBerry, no Android.

Sorry for your Law Firm. You guys just received the worst business phone on the market right now. Small screen, terrible typing, poor email organization and the worst radios on the planet!

BB
    kfh227 and anon(4086547) like this.
    12-16-13 04:25 PM
    Sorry for your Law Firm. You guys just received the worst business phone on the market right now. Small screen, terrible typing, poor email organization and the worst radios on the planet!

BB
    I'm annoyed at the fact that I'm going to get one and not be able to use my Android. Carrying two phones will not be ideal. Further, I should say that you can only do email, calendar, etc. No apps as far as I know.

Waste of money if you ask me.
    rarsen and anon(4086547) like this.
    12-16-13 04:27 PM
    I'm in business and I have my Z30 on the way. Who would have thought I'd be smarter than a bunch of lawyers? Amazing.

BB

No disrespect to you Leafs. I meant your decision makers.
    Greened, bungaboy, kfh227 and 4 others like this.
    12-16-13 04:29 PM
    I'm in business and I have my Z30 on the way. Who would have thought I'd be smarter than a bunch of lawyers? Amazing.

BB

No disrespect to you Leafs. I meant your decision makers.
    I'm not a lawyer so no offense taken! Lol
    12-16-13 04:42 PM
    Sry guys meetings all day.
    But oh... GREEN !
    Again!?!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00001268.png

Visit my BBM Channel !
    12-16-13 05:20 PM
    Well met men!

Been a while, but I have really had nothing to say with this stagnency; until now:

One thing that really chaps my behind is the negative connotations that some of these 'enlightened' writers use for their titles. One that got my goat lately hails from our own backyard (if yer Canadian, eh?). Here is the title:

"BlackBerry says more executives plan to leave Canadian smartphone maker
    By David Friend, The Canadian Press | The Canadian Press".

Really? They PLAN on leaving, or they are being canned like tuna???
    This is part and parcel of the same bunch of negative spinning that is holding our stock down!

My interpretation for anyone who cares:

Bearish Stance is that Chen is at least partially offsetting the slow uptake of BB10 by further fat trimming. This boosts the sell-ability to a suitor, and/or keeps losses down. Instead of making a buck, they are saving a buck (for now). Further, there may be some Mutanty on the Bounty, and high level positions that have inside knowledge are jumping ship, or perhaps complaining. Recall the UK head-of-what-ever guy that left for Samsung after his negative statement to the press?

Bullish Stance is that these are more redundant, unnecessary or now fulfilled job positions that require grooming. Chen has a definite plan, and the ER will prove it. We finally catch a bit of head-way in our sails and see a path through the storm.

Just some random thoughts.
    12-16-13 06:44 PM
    Encouraging response to todays upgrade:

Here's a real head-scratcher:

Canadian smartphone-maker BlackBerry is up nearly 2% on Monday after receiving a "cautious upgrade" from Bernstein Research. Here's where it gets curious: BlackBerry's now trading at over $6.20 per share on Bernstein's price target of $5.50.

The Bernstein Research team of Pierre Ferragu, Jasmeet Chadha, and Viral Gandhi say that while Fairfax Financial's attempt to takeover BlackBerry failed, there's still value in the company's assets (which they estimate at about $6 to $13 billion for a company worth about $3 billion) and if the company decides to build up its enterprise solutions business. And, Bernstein suggests that the company sells BlackBerry Messenger and get out of the handset device business. Meanwhile, Bernstein estimates the company will burn through $800 million this quarter alone.

With shares down 48% since the start of the year and off by 90% in the last three years, should investors give BlackBerry another look?

CNBC contributor Andrew Busch, editor and publisher of The Busch Update, says the company may have a motive behind extending its convertible debt offering. "The thinking is that Friday is going to bring some better-than-expected news," says Busch. "I don't know how because this is such a soap opera with BlackBerry. They've totally mismanaged this company forever. So, it probably won't be difficult to beat expectations but I think that's really what the gig is here."

Ryan Detrick Senior Technical Strategist of Schaeffer's Investment Research is optimistic on BlackBerry.

"I'm seeing some positives here," says Detrick. "We know this year's a terrible year � lots of people try to pick the bottom and they've been burned repeatedly. But, one thing I like: We think there could be something called a 'bear trap' happening right now."

To see more of Busch on the fundamentals and Detrick on the technicals and why he sees a "bear trap", watch the video above.

Here's why we could expect good news from BlackBerry on Friday | Talking Numbers
    12-16-13 06:48 PM
    Sorry if this is a repost, but I hadn't seen it here yet. It's a great article about how to potentially make some money with BlackBerry in 2014. With a decent earnings report, and good growth in xBBM adoption, maybe we can start attracting some institutional value investors. When that happens and leads to shorts covering their positions, the sky's the limit.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1896...ce=google_news

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    Thanks for the post. I am glad that you just said "shorts covering...", and did not go so far as to make a statement about how the shorts will be squeezed(!).
    Please fellas, do we agree not to mention that taboo word anymore since we have a 100% error rate so far! (lol).
    bungaboy, sidhuk, 3_M4N and 3 others like this.
    12-16-13 07:02 PM
    Encouraging response to todays upgrade:
    Ha, I like their genius estimate of $6-13.

Yeah, I figure my house is worth anywhere from 600,000 to 1.3M. Does that tight estimate make me worthy(!?)

Dude should work for the Gov't. In the accounting dept.
    12-16-13 07:06 PM

Same with my company. Now giving choice to staff between BB and iphone. Guess who is going to get BB. Only hard core fans. Almost all IT staff took iphone and now imagine the rest of non-IT what will they chose.
    12-16-13 08:05 PM
    Same with my company. Now giving choice to staff between BB and iphone. Guess who is going to get BB. Only hard core fans. Almost all IT staff took iphone and now imagine the rest of non-IT what will they chose.
    Yup...every second radio commercial here is "come get a new vehicle and get an iPad Air"..."sign up on a two year term and receive an iPad Air".

This is going to be a long row to hoe...but BlackBerry now has great devices a great functional OS and BES 10.2 is best in class and hopefully CHEN can put the lack of plan police to bed.
    Fingers crossed.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 12-16-13 at 08:27 PM.
    12-16-13 08:16 PM
    Bernstein Upgrade

http://www.streetinsider.com/Analyst+Comments/UPDATE%3A+Bernstein+Upgrades+BlackBerry+(BBRY)+to+ Market+Perform%3B+Assets+Worth+$6-$13B/8980141.html
    They will downgrade next week. I think I recall these guys did an upgrade followed by a downgrade the next week....before...
    12-16-13 10:24 PM
    Anyone got a channel going for ER/BBRY? My new Z30 is slick, but I'm wondering what / whose channels to join!
    sidhuk likes this.
    12-16-13 10:47 PM
    Anyone got a channel going for ER/BBRY? My new Z30 is slick, but I'm wondering what / whose channels to join!
    Confuses me too.
    Besides, I quite like hanging around in this thread in lieu of going anywhere else.
    Where else can you:
    ? Get latest stock updates.
    ? Get insight from seemingly near-genius people.
    ? Get comedy relief.
    ? Find brotherhood.

Oh yeah, and for our leader Morgan's sake, see pics of questionable Asian chick's c/o Kid Vibe.

Not to mention that there is a nice balance here between BlackBerry freaks and closet peekers.
    I must say, time has really smoothed this thread out.
    12-16-13 11:16 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is the best of out there but best does not sell well without other best things behind such as apps, apps, apps, marketing, reaching out to customers. Etc.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 12:38 AM
    Stocks for BB10 is today's Christmas give away app!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 05:04 AM
    Peugeot chose BES10 and bought 10,000 Z10.

http://crackberry.com/psa-peugeot-ci...rry-10-devices

Keep the good news coming!!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 05:43 AM
    Peugeot chose BES10 and bought 10,000 Z10.

PSA Peugeot Citroen go BES10 and roll out 10,000 BlackBerry 10 devices! | CrackBerry.com

Keep the good news coming!!

Posted via CB10
    Lol, I was at BlackBerry's headquarters in France for a BES press point when my elite contact whispered me the news 15 minutes before it goes public. She had to hold my finger for hitting my Twitter send button until it goes public. And she laughed at my "Putain !!! Yesssss !" , I was soooo excited

That's a fantastic move. Because BES was challenged by all the so-called competitors.
    But BES10.2 was just out of their sight, technically and on a ROI POV.
    Another user case to add to the marketing arsenal.

I'll be back very soon about BES10.2 and BES SAAS. Stay tuned !
    12-17-13 06:48 AM
    I agree. I have Z10, Samsung Galaxy III, iPhone 4S and had a Q10 until my daughter saw it and took it.

The Z30 is absolute class!!!
    Are we supposed to believe people who claim to have five hundred different phones, and can therefore make an informed judgement on...whatever?

Why on earth would you want more than one phone? I can understand having two, but really...i struggle to believe folks who claim to have bought all the top phones on the market. if it's true, what a complete waste of time and money.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 06:54 AM
    Why on earth would you want more than one phone? I can understand having two, but really...i struggle to believe folks who claim to have bought all the top phones on the market. if it's true, what a complete waste of time and money.
    Not everything you don't understand is a lie. Maybe it's his hobby to buy and try new phones. So what? Believe it or not.
    12-17-13 07:10 AM
    It's watches for me - cannot have enough watches...
    leafs123 likes this.
    12-17-13 07:23 AM
    Stocks for BB10 is today's Christmas give away app!

Posted via CB10
    Yes! It's been on my to buy list. Now I watch Bbry lose me money on my awesome Q10

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 08:21 AM
113,250 ... 22772278227922802281 ...