View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Why is it that the storm clouds leave during the week end? Amazing how the storm clouds pop up during the week days when the stock market is open. Could someone be paying for bad weather? I think the answer is obvious to anyone who has the capabilities of independent thought.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 04:11 PM
    Why is it that the storm clouds leave during the week end? Amazing how the storm clouds pop up during the week days when the stock market is open. Could someone be paying for bad weather? I think the answer is obvious to anyone who has the capabilities of independent thought.

Posted via CB10
    That sounds like something I would post. LoL
    sidhuk and BergerKing like this.
    12-14-13 04:21 PM
    Patience is a virtue...

Sent from my awesome Z30
    Don't let BlackBerry see your post.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 04:31 PM
    Let's hope our friend John Chen doesn't make the 2014 top five list...
    BBC - Capital - The worst CEOs of 2013
    12-14-13 04:50 PM
    The z30 is the best phone I've ever owned

My beauty Z30
    12-14-13 05:35 PM
    Let's hope our friend John Chen doesn't make the 2014 top five list...
    BBC - Capital - The worst CEOs of 2013
    3RD Worst.

"When Thorsten Heins was fired on 4 November, the value of BlackBerry’s stock had declined another 43% for the year and almost 60% under his 22-month tenure."

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-p01n8ds5.jpg
    Last edited by bungaboy; 12-14-13 at 06:16 PM.
    Corbu, sidhuk and Otech#CB like this.
    12-14-13 06:04 PM
    "When Thorsten Heins was fired on 4 November, the value of BlackBerry�s stock had declined another 43% for the year and almost 60% under his 22-month tenure."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p01n8ds5.jpg 
Views:	1293 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	229964
    Just because it's the weekend does not mean you stray as off topic as you wish to.
    Who the hell is TH?
    Please stay on topic!
    bungaboy, rarsen, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    12-14-13 06:07 PM
    OT: This is only the ish they "purportedly" know about. Quelle blague!

Merrill paying $131.8M to settle SEC charges

Associated Press
    December 12, 2013 10:46 PM GMT

WASHINGTON (AP) — Merrill Lynch has agreed to pay $131.8 million to settle U.S. civil charges that it misled investors about risky mortgage bonds it sold ahead of the 2008 financial crisis.

The Securities and Exchange Commission announced the settlement Thursday. Merrill Lynch was accused using misleading materials to market the investments in 2006 and 2007. The materials gave investors a false impression that the collateral for the securities was chosen by an independent firm, the SEC said.

Merrill neither admitted nor denied the allegations. But it did agree to refrain from future violations of the securities laws. The SEC also censured Merrill, bringing the possibility of a stiffer sanction if the alleged violation is repeated.

When the housing bubble burst in 2007, millions of home borrowers defaulted on their loans and bundles of mortgages sold by big banks left investors with billions in losses.

Bank of America acquired Merrill at the height of the crisis in September 2008.

The SEC allegations against Merrill involved its marketing of pooled securities known as collateralized debt obligations. Wall Street banks sold CDOs at the height of the housing boom. They combine slices of debt with varying levels of risk.

The settlement was the latest in a series of federal actions against Wall Street banks as the government continues to resolve claims over their conduct five years after the crisis.

Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup and other big banks have been accused of abuses in sales of securities linked to mortgages in the years leading up to the crisis. Together, they have paid hundreds of millions in penalties to settle civil charges brought by the SEC, which accused them of deceiving investors about the quality of the bonds they sold.

Last month JPMorgan, the biggest U.S. bank, agreed to pay $13 billion in a civil settlement with the Justice Department and state regulators over its sales of risky mortgage securities. It was the largest settlement ever between the Justice Department and a corporation.

Justice also has accused Bank of America of civil fraud in failing to inform investors of risks in its sale of $850 million in mortgage securities in 2008. The SEC filed a related lawsuit. Bank of America has disputed the allegations.
    cjcampbell, sidhuk, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    12-14-13 06:24 PM

My beauty Z30
    I feel the same way.
    The blackberry maps work just fine in Vegas. As long as one has gps on.

Posted using Z30. Best phone in the world.
    bungaboy, Superfly_FR and Otech#CB like this.
    12-14-13 06:41 PM

My beauty Z30
    I agree. I have Z10, Samsung Galaxy III, iPhone 4S and had a Q10 until my daughter saw it and took it.

The Z30 is absolute class!!!
    12-14-13 08:33 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000027.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000019.jpg

She is aged well. Lol
    Taken by Z30 while she was moving.

morganplus8, bungaboy and Otech#CB like this.
    12-14-13 11:48 PM
    Shania?

Sent from my awesome Z30
    12-15-13 01:38 AM
    I am in Vegas. I have an unlocked Telus z30 activated on rogers. All it is showing is at&t rogers with 3g. I do get rogers LTE in Canada.

Hey, Canadians, you can have it there : BlackBerry® Z30 Smartphone (Black) #PRD-52977-071 - EXPANSYS Canada
    Pretty sure it's not the cheapest you can have, but that's a 48H delivery unlocked ... warning: Check compatibility before.
    Note to others : available also for Europe and many other countries.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-15-13 04:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    Fans do come on their free time. Weekend and night (and often more).
    Those who come only in working days/hours are indeed really questionable.
    Either for being paid to bash or for diverting their working tools
    12-15-13 04:28 AM
    "When Thorsten Heins ...
    Ha ... the human nature ...
    I sincerely believe it's unfair (not claiming he did all good, obviously), but somehow it has to happen.
    This will help Chen and BlackBerry, at start ... novelty effect.
    12-15-13 04:38 AM
    Hey, Canadians, you can have it there : BlackBerry® Z30 Smartphone (Black) #PRD-52977-071 - EXPANSYS Canada
    Pretty sure it's not the cheapest you can have, but that's a 48H delivery unlocked ... warning: Check compatibility before.
    Note to others : available also for Europe and many other countries.
    Only $600 at Telus - No Term. Unlock for $20. Great Deal.

Select your region | Telus.com
    12-15-13 07:08 AM
    Here's something we need to keep in mind for next week's results or when discussing hardware support going forward.

C. Umiastowski stated after BlackBerry's Q2 results:

"I?d also like to point out that on the cashflow statement this company is still spending a lot of money on intangible asset purchases. The total was $268 �million in Q2 and $335 million in Q1. My understanding is that this spending reflects upfront patent licensing expenses. Obviously this is not sustainable. BlackBerry can?t be doing $771 million in quarterly hardware sales while paying a huge portion of this out for licensing. This would make it impossible to continue in the hardware business. So either these licensing fees will drop proportionately with shipments, or BlackBerry has an impossibly unprofitable hardware business that nobody will ever buy, and will get shut down. I think the former argument is more likely at this point."

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 08:19 AM
    Shania?

Sent from my awesome Z30
    Yep.

12-15-13 10:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    The NSA only works 9-5 monday to friday.
    12-15-13 12:20 PM
    Sorry if this is a repost, but I hadn't seen it here yet. It's a great article about how to potentially make some money with BlackBerry in 2014. With a decent earnings report, and good growth in xBBM adoption, maybe we can start attracting some institutional value investors. When that happens and leads to shorts covering their positions, the sky's the limit.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1896...ce=google_news

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-15-13 02:10 PM
    Goldman to BofA Offered Venezuela Deals to Drum Up Dollars (1) - Businessweek

Venezuela might still have an impact on this quarters results. I've tried to find more detailed info but it's very scarce as you can imagine
    12-15-13 02:40 PM
    12-15-13 03:49 PM
    Not this puppy!
    12-15-13 05:16 PM
    Some hard news from the WSJ:
    Two More Executives Leaving BlackBerry - WSJ.com

Two More Executives Leaving BlackBerry

EVP of Global Sales, Official in Charge of M&A Strategy to Depart in Weeks

TORONTO—The leadership upheaval at BlackBerry Ltd. BB.T +2.07% continues under interim Chief Executive John Chen, according to people familiar with the matter.

The smartphone maker's executive vice president in charge of global sales, Rick Costanzo, will be leaving the company by early next year, according to these people. Chris Wormald, who was in charge of BlackBerry's mergers and acquisitions strategy, will be gone by the end of this month, according to one of these people.

Both men, long-term employees, couldn't be reached for comment. The company declined to comment.

Their departures would come just weeks after BlackBerry's chief marketing officer, chief operation officer and chief financial officer left the Waterloo, Ontario, company, which scrapped a plan to sell itself last month when it named Mr. Chen interim chief executive.

When Mr. Chen took over, he told employees during a town-hall meeting, "Things are going to get worse before they get better," and that, "Not all of you will be here," according to a person in attendance that day.

Large-scale layoffs were already under way. Saddled with a large inventory of unsold phones and weak sales, BlackBerry said it September it would shed 4,500 employees, of about 40% of its workforce.

Mr. Chen was tasked with picking up the pieces from the failed effort to sell BlackBerry and with figuring out a way forward for a smartphone maker that no longer sells many smartphones. How he plans to do that remains unclear.

Mr. Chen's only public comment so far has been in an open letter to the company's business clients, in which he wrote that BlackBerry is "very much alive."

Analysts and investors will be looking for more specifics from Mr. Chen this Friday, when the company announces its fiscal third-quarter earnings. Most analysts expect almost every financial metric to have worsened.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-15-13 05:50 PM
    12-15-13 05:53 PM
113,256 ... 22752276227722782279 ...