View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Still holding..."blood in the streets" and all that.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 07:22 PM
    Can someone explain what this means? Are they raising additional money?

BlackBerry Extends Purchase Option Deadline for Additional Convertible Debentures - N4BB
    If true, It means Prem and co win again. He continues to abuse the BoD at the expense of the shareholders.

Did BBRY get anything in exchange for the extension or was it another free give away?
    12-12-13 07:46 PM
    And their choice or option is?????

Take a WAG at the costs and lost time to convert to . . . . (Your choice goes here).

If you're gonna do a drive by at least do a good one.

there are several choice for today PC OS. Mac , Linux, and now google chrome OS. but still windows have market share around 90% even if people and corporation knew it is full of malware, viruses, and trojan.

after several security issue happen in the last few months...if people care about their smartphone security they will pick BB but no it is not BB numbers are keep declining, while android, iOS, windows numbers are keep growing..

soon it will happen samething in PC . people already put their money on android, iOS ecosystem buying apps, movies, music, magazine, games etc..they are used to using android and iOS

eventually they will keep choosing android/ios because it is more cost and time effective
    12-12-13 08:03 PM
    Smart people will switch to BlackBerry. There is absolutely no logical reason to use any other brands (there are excuses of course).

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 08:42 PM
    I dont really know what the extension really means so i'll wait for someone more experienced to chime in.
    In other news, is this the same payment method that was being tested in asia? sounds cool
    Some Tim Hortons stores now accept payments by BlackBerry, iPhone, Android phone
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-12-13 10:28 PM
    Interesting...

Google Play, web version, already recognizes Z10 as Android device. It's a change we noticed in last few days - two weeks ago my Z10 was unrecognized by Google Play. Something is happening between Blackberry and Google

Posted via CB10
    jxnb likes this.
    12-12-13 11:01 PM
    Interesting...
    Google play would (not sure if it still does) recognize the HP touchpad so I wouldn't read anything into that.
    12-13-13 12:56 AM
    If true, It means Prem and co win again. He continues to abuse the BoD at the expense of the shareholders.

Did BBRY get anything in exchange for the extension or was it another free give away?
    You can also read it otherwise.
    This is nothing but a date extension.
    If you believe it's a Prem's trick, why didn't he used it at first ? $250 mil is a tiny amount for him and al.
    But they & board may have reserved this as a welcome "gift " for a newcomer, a partner or whatever with a "deal in progress".
    I do not pretend it is the truth. But as much possible as any other options.

Visit my BBM Channel !
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    12-13-13 02:05 AM
    Google play would (not sure if it still does) recognize the HP touchpad so I wouldn't read anything into that.
    Yup, nothing proven by this. The registration via snap has tricked it and that's the android runtime signature. Should be similar to Amazon's (where you read RIM as the brand).

Guys, let's stay OnT, we have the links to the rumor thread, let's ask and contribute there !
    BTW once your mind is set (or not) we can discuss about the implications for BBRY, of course !

Visit my BBM Channel !
    12-13-13 02:16 AM
    [...] eventually they will keep choosing android/ios because it is more cost and time effective
    AFAIK, only windows leads this *real* in deep transversal process with applications and OS portability from desk/laptop to tablet to smartphones. They even downgraded the user experience for W8 so that it can handle the touch based (and no hover) behaviors.

Visit my BBM Channel !
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-13-13 02:24 AM
    AFAIK, only windows leads this *real* in deep transversal process with applications and OS portability from desk/laptop to tablet to smartphones. They even downgraded the user experience for W8 so that it can handle the touch based (and no hover) behaviors.

Visit my BBM Channel !
    Interesting to note that they seem to be doing a 'reverse ferret' and 8.2 is rumoured to move even further back to the existing desktop paradigm.

I actually quite like W8... once I had disabled and uninstalled all the metro apps and installed Start8. Having said that, the main revelation to me is the difference a SSD boot drive makes to a machine - I'm up and working in seconds.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-13-13 02:39 AM
    At 8.50$ it seemed like PW was screwing over existing shareholders with the 1 billion dollar debenture. Now, at levels much lower (<6.00$), I'm caring less about the potential share dilution. If they wanted a higher stake in BlackBerry they would've been better off buying at these levels. Right now they've given BlackBerry the necessary funding. Sure, they might be first in line to get their money back should the worse scenario ever happen. But can you imagine the losses for PW in that case? I'm not talking about the 250 million he lend to BlackBerry, but the other +-50M shares at an avg price of 17 dollars.

Of course, one could wonder if we'd be at current levels if the "for sale" sign had never been up in the first place. My guess is we wouldn't be far off.

As long as Chen spends the money wisely, we shouldn't be worse off a year from now. And he has to prove this at the next ER if he wants the extra 250M.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 02:50 AM
    There is absolutely no chance of this - none - this is just a rehash of the same fantasy we saw last month.
    It's surprising, indeed. But why do you pretend there's zero chance ?
    bungaboy and notafanboy like this.
    12-13-13 03:03 AM
    Because it is a rhetorical flourish ?

Even If I was being hyper-precise, I'd say the chances of this being true are so low as to irrelevant to our conversations unless it actually happened - look at the Compatibility Definition Document (the stage *before* you can be licensed for google play) and the requirements, it would need BBRY to cede control over various areas including security. Even then it is not certain they would fulfil enough requirements to get play.

That is before you get into the politics of the OHA... (a big factor than the technical challenges IMHO).

Then from BBRY's side it leaves them awfully vulnerable, as the agreements you sign with google leave you at their mercy, they get to decide what apps you have, what versions and they get to threaten to pull the plug if they don't like what they are doing. A company like BBRY has no leverage at all - look for the some of the legal documentation that came out of the skyhook case to see how google digs its claws into a company upto and including telling them what devices they can ship.
    Last edited by cgk; 12-13-13 at 03:40 AM.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-13-13 03:20 AM

Visit my BBM Channel !
    problem with windows application on tablet and phone that it is taking to much memory, storage, battery hog need better processor (even phone today have quad core processor but i dont think it is on same level as dual core PC processor) and it is not touch friendly...

Windows could lead if they can port most of windows application to tablet / phone several years ago...people today already used to using lite application ios, and android offer. most people just need basic computing...that is why i think Tablet and smartphone sales are outselling PC

people who buying windows phone just to used Windows PC application most will come from professional segment who need device that can do microsoft office, photoshop, and other work related application ....taking BB market segment. the other average joe who is the largest market segment happy enough to use platfrom like android/ios to do basic computing.
    12-13-13 04:50 AM
    You can also read it otherwise.
    This is nothing but a date extension.
    If you believe it's a Prem's trick, why didn't he used it at first ? $250 mil is a tiny amount for him and al.
    But they & board may have reserved this as a welcome "gift " for a newcomer, a partner or whatever with a "deal in progress".
    I do not pretend it is the truth. But as much possible as any other options.

Visit my BBM Channel !
    Quite possible, but normally a company would get something in return and it looks like they didn't. FWIW - My guess - Either they can't yet raise the $250M or outside investors want to see the ER before they invest. It's a nice free peek and lessens their risk and the corp should get something for it - maybe a few basis points off the interest they will have to pay or a small conversion fee. If they got nothing, shame on them ... or they really need the 250M which I doubt right now. JMHO

EDIT: I find it very strange that the $250M option would have expired today, PRIOR to the release of the ER , yet BBRY extends it, apparently for free until after the ER? Convenient for PW don't you think? BTW Preserving the 250M as a "gift" for a newcomer arguably at the expense of the shareholders is likely very illegal and at least improper. Soon enough we shall see...........
    Last edited by OMGitworks; 12-13-13 at 07:38 AM. Reason: added EDIT
    Superfly_FR and fedakd like this.
    12-13-13 05:51 AM

That's exactly it they pretend. They are negative dark clouds raining all day and night

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-13-13 06:13 AM
    Who thinks we'll see a profit warning today?
    12-13-13 07:35 AM
    With the news last night i dont think so.
    12-13-13 08:06 AM
    Seems to me that every ER for the past 18 months they have done, reported or somehow deviated from the expected...I am truly curious to see what happens this time.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    12-13-13 08:24 AM
    Wouldn't a warning come today if it happened? 7 days before the ER?
    12-13-13 08:44 AM
    Seems to me that every ER for the past 18 months they have done, reported or somehow deviated from the expected...I am truly curious to see what happens this time.

Posted via CB10
    I see a small upside and beat this quarter due to previous write downs and tax refund, and Chen HAS to be better on the conf call than TH EVER was - then the stock will slide upon closer inspection of sales and cash burn and the rest. JHMO.........
    12-13-13 08:58 AM
    12-13-13 09:09 AM
    Wouldn't a warning come today if it happened? 7 days before the ER?
    They can't warn about something they have not projected for the quarter. At no time did BB talk about expectations for Q3, therefore they aren't going to warn about something that hasn't been established yet.

Seems everyone is so worried about another drop in the stock. With the announcement last night that they have extended the deadline to take up the "over allotment of bonds", it appears they want it to occur in 2014 and not 2013. If it goes through, they'll have $ 2.6 B cash plus $ 1.0 B bonds plus $ 250 MM (bonus bonds) plus the yearend goal of about $ 800 MM in tax benefits. With $ 9.00/shr in cash, $ 6.00/shr for the stock looks cheap here. Of course, Citi Bank will have you believe that $ 4.6 B in cash is worthless.
    12-13-13 09:16 AM
    They can't warn about something they have not projected for the quarter. At no time did BB talk about expectations for Q3, therefore they aren't going to warn about something that hasn't been established yet.

Seems everyone is so worried about another drop in the stock. With the announcement last night that they have extended the deadline to take up the "over allotment of bonds", it appears they want it to occur in 2014 and not 2013. If it goes through, they'll have $ 2.6 B cash plus $ 1.0 B bonds plus $ 250 MM (bonus bonds) plus the yearend goal of about $ 800 MM in tax benefits. With $ 9.00/shr in cash, $ 6.00/shr for the stock looks cheap here. Of course, Citi Bank will have you believe that $ 4.6 B in cash is worthless.
    Less any losses incurred from Q2 to Q3. I think it's fair to assume there should be some. There was a reason for doing all that they've done so far, including the original allotment.
    12-13-13 09:19 AM
113,256 ... 22722273227422752276 ...