View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    From the bbm beta channel:

"We?ve got some great new features coming up and you can get your hands on them first! (Sign up for the program to find out what they are )
    Click the link below to get started! Know any Android users that might be interested? Get them signed up for Beta Zone and pass this link along!
    https://www.blackberry.com/beta/AndroidBBMBetaSignUp
    BBM requires an Android device running Ice Cream Sandwich"

Could that mean they are about to test voice and video on android?

Posted via CB10
    Everytime I click to join the Android beta channel they say the program is full and to get on the waiting list which I do time and again. Would be nice if they would allow this long time Beta Zone member to join
    12-12-13 12:01 PM
    malware, virus, trojan already happen in windows ..but they are still the number one PC operating system..and keep being used by most people and corporation.
    Right.... like we have tons of options that we can all move away from Microsoft right? And the billions of dollars in corporate inergration. cheaper to deploy an IPS or some sort of Malware protection system rather than move everything off Microsoft to what? Apple? True that corporate is more security conscious but the consumer is becoming more and more aware.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 12:35 PM
    12-12-13 12:38 PM
    they had a great chance to do that when those celebrities phones got hacked and there private photos were posted all over the Internet. How could they do it now

Posted via CB10
    Not sure. But Norton makes mobile malware software for Android devises. Only Android devices. This isn't because they "get all the apps" it's because they have all the security holes!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-12-13 12:50 PM
    10.2.1.14XX to have FULL GOOGLE PLAY INTEGRATION?:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...2-14xx-883473/
    You know what ?
    I don't know if it is true.
    BUT if this comes PRELOADED on 10.2.1.xxxx carrier releases ...
    holly 5hi7. we could/may/eventually/perhaps (poos, get out of my moment of joy, thanks) ... dance !
    12-12-13 01:09 PM
    Three reasons to stick with BlackBerry - Pat Brans

John Chen got them out of that rut and turned Sybase into the market-leading vendor of platforms for developing and deploying mobile apps for the enterprise. Sybase was bought be SAP two years ago, and the original Sybase products are still successful.
    oh-oh ...
    Corbu, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    12-12-13 01:25 PM
    Remember, SF, he says he's already seen the movie...
    12-12-13 01:33 PM
    You know what ?
    I don't know if it is true.
    BUT if this comes PRELOADED on 10.2.1.xxxx carrier releases ...
    holly 5hi7. we could/may/eventually/perhaps (poos, get out of my moment of joy, thanks) ... dance !
    Absolutely. But what form of formal agreement with Google would that take?

Could it be that we would have to replace "Samsung" by "Google" in Morgan's earlier quote:
    Don't you get the feeling that BB and Samsung are going to partner up on something down the road?
    Call me crazy...
    12-12-13 01:37 PM
    Making a deal with Google to have Google Play on BlackBerry is something that, if done by Chen, is revolutionary. Apps could have a "Also compatible with BlackBerry" sticker or something like that to assure full compatibility( there are some apps that would clearly not work on BlackBerry - gestures apps for example, status bar apps).

For some time I am wondering if I should buy some BBRY again. My biggest worry was that at the next ER Chen would be Thorstein2 and do nothing: just announces numbers, some weak initiatives and gets off the stage. I hoped he would really do something proactive and very very different. If this rumor is true, I am starting to believe that the ER might actually be a good thing. Google Play integration + a clear plan for the hardware division + cost cutting( not really necessary) with real marketing(a nod from Google would be genius, but I don't think they are going to get that) would send the stock to $8 overnight and to $11 soon after.

If not and this is a fake rumor and Chen is not revolutionary at the ER, I see this going under $4.

Part of me really wants to play the ER long, but BBRY has a terrible record. Decisions decisions...
    Randeman likes this.
    12-12-13 01:41 PM
    There is absolutely no chance of this - none - this is just a rehash of the same fantasy we saw last month.
    chr1sny, techvisor and aniym like this.
    12-12-13 01:58 PM
    Why would Google agree to help save BBRY? Clearly Google doesn't need BBRY and would rather kill them off. Facebook added to the S&P 500 and Instagram to add PM service. Argue if you'd like but those are all positive developments for those companies and bad for BBRY.

Carry on, I am weaning myself from this thread......
    chr1sny and techvisor like this.
    12-12-13 02:09 PM
    Why would Google agree to help save BBRY? Clearly Google doesn't need BBRY and would rather kill them off. Facebook added to the S&P 500 and Instagram to add PM service. Argue if you'd like but those are all positive developments for those companies and bad for BBRY.

Carry on, I am weaning myself from this thread......
    It doesn't make sense from either side - the app store for google is just a way of driving adoption of their OS which in turn is designed to collect as much information about you as possible, so they actually give most of the revenue to partners to drive further integration - why would they want to increase the attractiveness of a competing OS? On the other side, to get Google play certification, BBRY would have to cede control over user information in a major way - in a negotiation where they have zero bargaining power.
    12-12-13 02:17 PM
    The black dark clouds come in to rain on any possible sunshine for BlackBerry. These negative dark black clouds love to waste away in negativity.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 02:56 PM
    It's raining negativity in here. Some people seem to enjoy it.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-12-13 02:58 PM
    I could have used some more negativity on this thread before made the decision to buy $8 BBRY shares instead of putting it in the S&P 500 index. That would have resulted in more positivity for my investment portfolio.
    anon(4086547), techvisor and CDM76 like this.
    12-12-13 03:02 PM
    Just ignore the miserable folks and enjoy this creation. Deep fried smelt's in a homemade Thai sauce sprinkled with chopped lime leaves!
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000121.jpg

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    fedakd, Corbu, cjcampbell and 4 others like this.
    12-12-13 03:12 PM
    I know this silence is killing me. I need to hear something, I really feel like selling my shares and just dealing with the losses I already been. I'm scared this silence means these analyst are right and the price is gonna drop to $4

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 04:21 PM
    I'm curious as to when public ridicule and mockery became acceptable in the CB community.
    Pot really needs to check in the mirror before criticizing kettle.
    chr1sny and techvisor like this.
    12-12-13 04:54 PM
    malware, virus, trojan already happen in windows ..but they are still the number one PC operating system..and keep being used by most people and corporation.
    And their choice or option is?????

Take a WAG at the costs and lost time to convert to . . . . (Your choice goes here).

If you're gonna do a drive by at least do a good one.
    12-12-13 05:07 PM
    Can someone explain what this means? Are they raising additional money?

BlackBerry Extends Purchase Option Deadline for Additional Convertible Debentures - N4BB
    12-12-13 05:27 PM
    Just ignore the miserable folks and enjoy this creation. Deep fried smelt's in a homemade Thai sauce sprinkled with chopped lime leaves!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000121.jpg 
Views:	817 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	229353

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    Love smelts. Would love to try them as you have presented them.
    bigbadben10 likes this.
    12-12-13 05:32 PM
    Can someone explain what this means? Are they raising additional money?

BlackBerry Extends Purchase Option Deadline for Additional Convertible Debentures - N4BB
    The article states that "that the previously-announced investor option to purchase up to an additional US$250 million principal amount of convertible debentures has been extended to January 13, 2014."

Sounds like $250 million is in addition to the $1 billion.
    12-12-13 05:32 PM
    Anyone have any insight as to why the amount of convertible debt being offered is just 250 mil? I'm no finance wizard, but the amount seems small. Granted, it is in addition to what already was offered, I just wonder if there any rhyme or reason behind the amount being offered here.

To quote detective Dolly from the Boondocks Saints: "So what's the symbology there?"

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    12-12-13 05:58 PM
    Guys... you know... Some kids in the block.
    Same exasperating song, pretending... oh crap, almost caught at it again ! almost

Good night all !

Visit my BBM Channel !
    12-12-13 06:35 PM
    You guys selling and taking your Bbry losses for 2013? Or holding out. I'm scared for ER, could be tipped crazily in either direction

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 07:18 PM
113,250 ... 22712272227322742275 ...