View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    From a post on Red Flag Deals re: Recent Z10 $199 sale.

Thank you for your recent order 8802534235, dated 01/12/2013. Due to overwhelming demand for this promotional offer, we are currently working on fulfilling all orders for the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone by Friday, December 13th. We appreciate your patience, and apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

ShopBlackBerry
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    12-12-13 08:06 AM
    uh oh..
    Ryan Seacrest wants to turn your iPhone 5s into a BlackBerry | MobileSyrup.com
    Attachment 229281

Shipping in January, 2014, the Typo Keyboard is a slip case for the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s that features a battery powered, fretted keyboard, seemingly ripped from a BlackBerry smartphone. Typo’s mission statement is to eliminate the two-smartphone need most business professionals face: a QWERTY smartphone for correspondence and an iPhone for “virtually everything else.”
    . . . . . . . except SECURITY!
    12-12-13 08:13 AM
    So lets buy a 1000 dollar smart phone then have to buy more accessories or i go buy a q10 ? hmmmmmm
    12-12-13 08:17 AM
    So lets buy a 1000 dollar smart phone then have to buy more accessories or i go buy a q10 ? hmmmmmm
    People want the apps and to say the have a iPhone

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 08:38 AM
    I can't claim to be an expert on the matter and personally couldn't agree more but if I were to play devil's advocate I would point out that 1) the whole issue of Security is up for debate (http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ndroid-883143/) and that 2) it does not seem to be an effective selling point for most users who don't care and/or don't know about what is going on in and around their phone.
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-12-13 08:40 AM
    what exactly does having the security do for me though? What am I safe from with BlackBerry over IOS the android?
    * not being a troll, honest question, I would like to educate myself more on how BlackBerry trumps others

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 08:49 AM
    what exactly does having the security do for me though? What am I safe from with BlackBerry over IOS the android?
    * not being a troll, honest question, I would like to educate myself more on how BlackBerry trumps others

Posted via CB10
    I guess it's like having a lock on the entrance door to your house. It keeps unwanted people out. But how much you value the lock depends on what you have in the house and what the thieves look for after broken in. Miss use and mishandling info is what I worry about. For example, some people had their names mistakenly placed on blacklists and got turned a way at airports. Eventually these things get clarified, but who wants that kind of trouble? Not to mention personal finance stuff...
    Corbu, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    12-12-13 09:09 AM
    So can someone hack into a iPhone/android and get information from that phone? If so what kind of information?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 09:12 AM
    I can't claim to be an expert on the matter and personally couldn't agree more but if I were to play devil's advocate I would point out that 1) the whole issue of Security is up for debate (http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ndroid-883143/) and that 2) it does not seem to be an effective selling point for most users who don't care and/or don't know about what is going on in and around their phone.
    Cordu!!

I enjoy reading your posts. I take a different point of view on security here, I use a Windows OS on my PC, hate it, I spend my life doing emergency updates for every possible virus out there today and I can't tell you how many years of data I have lost working with crappy Windows products. And so the whole concept of security starts with your PC. Honestly, I hate everything MSFT produces, the public lives in fear of losing their identity and all of their banking information with Windows. With this back drop, I take it one step further and look at my phone in the same light. I simply don't want to take a chance on losing exclusive access to all of our personal information. I do a great number of financial transactions through my phone and wouldn't consider doing this with an Android or iPhone.

If you have nothing to protect then fine, purchase your favourite phone and enjoy it. For me, it's a BlackBerry for trading, financial transactions etc.. I would be thrilled to make use of a Cloud based security program for our family phones. I'm trying to purchase a new Z30 now just to keep things all BlackBerry in our household. So far, it appears that the Z30 is a rare beast indeed! I have to switch carriers to get the phone and that's crazy. When I go to the major retailers the phone gets a commanding 5 star rating but it isn't widely available.

So for me, security is the most important thing I can have with a phone, that means I'm locked to BlackBerry for some time to come. I'm sure others feel the same way too. My friends are using BB's for this reason, but they are all enterprise related acceptance. Their wives use iPhones so I get it. My niece saw my Z10 and thought it was really cool until I told her what make it was, then she lost interest. BlackBerry has a long way to go in this battle but that Z30 looks like a winner, if only they would decide to sell it to the masses.
    12-12-13 09:13 AM
    Cordu!!

I enjoy reading your posts. I take a different point of view on security here, I use a Windows OS on my PC, hate it, I spend my life doing emergency updates for every possible virus out there today and I can't tell you how many years of data I have lost working with crappy Windows products. And so the whole concept of security starts with your PC. Honestly, I hate everything MSFT produces, the public lives in fear of losing their identity and all of their banking information with Windows. With this back drop, I take it one step further and look at my phone in the same light. I simply don't want to take a chance on losing exclusive access to all of our personal information. I do a great number of financial transactions through my phone and wouldn't consider doing this with an Android or iPhone.

If you have nothing to protect then fine, purchase your favourite phone and enjoy it. For me, it's a BlackBerry for trading, financial transactions etc.. I would be thrilled to make use of a Cloud based security program for our family phones. I'm trying to purchase a new Z30 now just to keep things all BlackBerry in our household. So far, it appears that the Z30 is a rare beast indeed! I have to switch carriers to get the phone and that's crazy. When I go to the major retailers the phone gets a commanding 5 star rating but it isn't widely available.

So for me, security is the most important thing I can have with a phone, that means I'm locked to BlackBerry for some time to come. I'm sure others feel the same way too. My friends are using BB's for this reason, but they are all enterprise related acceptance. Their wives use iPhones so I get it. My niece saw my Z10 and thought it was really cool until I told her what make it was, then she lost interest. BlackBerry has a long way to go in this battle but that Z30 looks like a winner, if only they would decide to sell it to the masses.
    Morgan,

I consider it an honour for you to reply to one of my posts. Let me reassure you: I am amongst the converted. I too would not consider using anything but a BlackBerry phone. Never have, never will. There is no question about that. I too share your concerns about security and your frustrations about Windows on the PC, etc. My reality is similar to the one you describe. I could not agree more with the content of your post.

Remember I was playing devil's advocate. It seems to me - this is only my humble opinion - that the whole issue of security does not seem to resonate with the general public. That's my main point. Furthermore, there also seems to be some confusion even amongst Blackberry users (see, for example, the CB thread I was referring to earlier). As a matter of fact, I don't seem to recall a definitive thread or reference that would clarify the security question once and for all. May be I missed it.

Personally, I won't even contemplate using anything else but it strikes me that even well-informed friends of mine are unaware of the risks in terms of security or are deaf to them. To be frank, I don't think they are, I think they are poorly educated. And we all know that security is not "sexy": it is complicated and life would be so much more pleasant if we did not have to preoccupy ourselves with protecting our stuff.

To give this discussion a positive twist, let me say this: if I were John Chen, I would certainly ask myself whether the security profile of BlackBerry, from the phones to the Cloud and everything in between, could be better promoted and marketed. If security is undoubtedly an area where BlackBerry has a distinct advantage, then let's make sure everyone knows about it and let's promote this characteristic in our marketing. Enough with trying to be all things to all people: let's determine what our unique advantages are and let's use those to move forward and reestablish our position.

Sorry for the rambling... By the way, I share your frustration since I am also trying to purchase a Z30. How on earth it could be so difficult to get hold of one of these is beyond me. Thanks for reading!
    12-12-13 10:24 AM
    Security and consumers is a lost battle - they simply don't care in significant numbers to make that advantage on that front.
    aniym and techvisor like this.
    12-12-13 10:27 AM
    Security and consumers is a lost battle - they simply don't care in significant numbers to make that advantage on that front.
    Yet!

And as Malware is becoming more advanced and after a person gets their bank account cleaned out the first time......lets review again

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 10:30 AM
    Yet!

And as Malware is becoming more advanced and after a person gets their bank account cleaned out the first time......lets review again

Posted via CB10
    malware, virus, trojan already happen in windows ..but they are still the number one PC operating system..and keep being used by most people and corporation.
    techvisor likes this.
    12-12-13 10:36 AM
    malware, virus, trojan already happen in windows ..but they are still the number one PC operating system..and keep being used by most people and corporation.
    Right - coupled with revelations about the NSA, what google does with your data etc etc - not a blip in terms of user preference.
    12-12-13 10:52 AM
    Right - coupled with revelations about the NSA, what google does with your data etc etc - not a blip in terms of user preference.
    yes

people only concern about securities when they are the one getting major security problem (data stealing etc) themselves...but even it is happen to them it's not enough to make them leaving the platform (example : sony PS user data stolen) ..most people think it just can be solved by using a good antivirus

BB just can't win smartphone wars by using securites as their main weapon.
    techvisor likes this.
    12-12-13 11:08 AM
    So can someone hack into a iPhone/android and get information from that phone? If so what kind of information?

Posted via CB10
    The easy* answer is "an average hacker can gain root access". Root access means ... everything.
    (*easy = so short it is wrong by nature, but you've got the picture)
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-12-13 11:10 AM
    It probably will take sometime for consumers.
    Google and MS are already out doing preemptive PR.
    They are basically screaming to consumers "hey, we're fighting the government to stop them from spying on you, but we will continue to do the spying ourselves and you can trust us! "
    Corbu, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    12-12-13 11:11 AM
    Remember this guy? Disappointed they're at 100M users before BBM.

Kik breaks the 100 million mark as its HTML5-based Cards platform gains steam | MobileSyrup.com
    Randeman, rarsen and plasmid_boy like this.
    12-12-13 11:12 AM
    It probably will take sometime for consumers.
    Google and MS are already out doing preemptive PR.
    They are basically screaming to consumers "hey, we're fighting the government to stop them from spying on you, but we will continue to do the spying ourselves and you can trust us! "
    but at least publicly google and microsoft inform you they are against "government spying"

while BB under huge pressure by india government allow the government gain access to BB server...it's just because they are afraid losing their business in india..why do you think BB will not do the samething if US and other country ask them ?

but like just i said before...most people will trust google,microsoft, apple words and still keep using their product...while BB will serve only small niche market with their so called Most secure phone...
    techvisor likes this.
    12-12-13 11:20 AM
    From the bbm beta channel:

"We?ve got some great new features coming up and you can get your hands on them first! (Sign up for the program to find out what they are )
    Click the link below to get started! Know any Android users that might be interested? Get them signed up for Beta Zone and pass this link along!
    https://www.blackberry.com/beta/AndroidBBMBetaSignUp
    BBM requires an Android device running Ice Cream Sandwich"

Could that mean they are about to test voice and video on android?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 11:29 AM
    12-12-13 11:34 AM
    BlackBerry needs to scare people into security the same way Insurance companies scare people into insurance. The problem is marketing.

Go Jets go!
    12-12-13 11:46 AM
    BlackBerry needs to scare people into security the same way Insurance companies scare people into insurance. The problem is marketing.

Go Jets go!
    they had a great chance to do that when those celebrities phones got hacked and there private photos were posted all over the Internet. How could they do it now

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 11:50 AM
    From the bbm beta channel:

"We?ve got some great new features coming up and you can get your hands on them first! (Sign up for the program to find out what they are )
    Click the link below to get started! Know any Android users that might be interested? Get them signed up for Beta Zone and pass this link along!
    https://www.blackberry.com/beta/AndroidBBMBetaSignUp
    BBM requires an Android device running Ice Cream Sandwich"

Could that mean they are about to test voice and video on android?

Posted via CB10
    Don't you get the feeling that BB and Samsung are going to partner up on something down the road? Samsung is really jumping all over BBM in their new phones. This is great news, next best thing to sending out updates. Cool.
    12-12-13 11:55 AM
    The problem is marketing.
    Indeed, it is!
    12-12-13 11:59 AM
113,256 ... 22702271227222732274 ...