View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The last few days, and today especially, have been nearly inexplicable. I initially thought the drop was a combination of tax loss harvesting, and maybe a partial leak/rumor of earnings results (such as a greatly diminished cash position). As things progressed, I didn't know what was going on.

After today's spike, though, could what we've seen be the result of market makers driving the share price down to trigger stop loss orders, so they could buy shares cheaper? Do the actions/volume fit that theory? Apologies if that seems overly optimistic, that's not my intent.
    12-10-13 06:36 PM
    World leaders . . . . . rockin' a Z10!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-obama-z10.jpg
    12-10-13 07:15 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Obama Z10.jpg 
Views:	2006 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	228851
    That would be Danish prime minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt's Z10, with Obama and Cameron eager to get a selfie with the pretty blonde, and Michelle carefully not paying attention... ;-)

Found the full image including copyright notice here http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...99_964x573.jpg
    take99 likes this.
    12-10-13 07:57 PM

Are you sure it's the Z10 that they are trying to rock?

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    12-10-13 08:01 PM
    My theory is BlackBerry can not be in the hands of the masses and BlackBerry will be attacked and bashed by TPTB/NSA /??? . When you see people of power both in wealth and influence does it not make you think why would these people who only want and have the best use BlackBerry? Why would these people limit themselves as the propaganda machine is telling the masses? The answer is right in front of everyone and yet it seems hidden. Sometimes the best way to hidden something is to leave it in plan sight

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 08:19 PM
    Citi downgrade was very convenient on an explosive up day and potential reversal of bbry stock. Of course there is no conspiracy to keep the perception that BlackBerry is no good. Nah the obvious can't be true.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    12-10-13 08:22 PM
    A very interesting day for the stock. I was shocked when I saw 40M volume. Earnings leak? Institutional Support? Short covering? Someone acquiring shares to make a play for BBRY?

What do you guys think?!
    12-10-13 08:58 PM
    Someone slipped the "leaked" financial under Citi's door this morning, purchased a half million shares, then called at lunch to say "Psych!!"

The rest is history..

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    12-10-13 10:46 PM
    As we often query about QNX revenues and potential, I found this interesting, for our "side notes". Well-oh, may be not "side" for long, can't wait for CES Automotive ...

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): Will QNX Be The Savior Of BlackBerry? [Apple Inc.] - Seeking Alpha

A recent report by ABI Research says that the shipments of connected automotive infotainment systems will grow from 7.8 million at the end of 2012 to more than 46.8 million in 2018, with connected navigation, multimedia streaming, social media, and in-car Wi-Fi hotspots becoming key features.QNX alone brought the company $63 million in the second quarter of 2013. As of now, 60% of the infotainment units are powered by QNX which means according to the aforementioned research, BlackBerry can be the biggest player in this rapidly growing segment if the company is able to maintain its market share. The infotainment units made by BlackBerry are absolutely amazing as of now and companies such as Mercedes and Bentley have already shook hands with BlackBerry for using their QNX powered units in their upcoming cars. The best thing about QNX is that it does not bind the company to one thing. They are powering so many things with the same software.
    12-11-13 03:06 AM
    Is that $63 million revenue or profit?
    12-11-13 04:18 AM
    So, assuming similar market share and $ per car one could extrapolate, ceterus peribus, $360 mill revs from automotive by 2018?

I suppose you could expect greater competition = lower pricing power per car, but also more services offered per car also.

Nice little business.

12-11-13 04:29 AM
    But the optimist in me sees additional,high margin, service revs from connection to the NOC. No cure for this glass-half-full-itis I guess.

jxnb, bungaboy, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    12-11-13 04:32 AM
    Is that $63 million revenue or profit?
    They showed $63M in "software" revenue in 2Q14. I don't know if that's only QNX though, because that is actually slightly down from $65M in 2Q13.

So with the infotainment market growing so rapidly, it doesn't make sense that their revenue would have decreased compared to the year-ago quarter, unless that figure includes some other declining product.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    12-11-13 05:01 AM
    Nice bullish engulfing pattern yesterday. Eager to see what today brings...
    12-11-13 05:01 AM
    Of course there is no conspiracy to keep the perception that BlackBerry is no good.
    It's not perception. It's reality.
    12-11-13 05:44 AM
    Nice bullish engulfing pattern yesterday. Eager to see what today brings...
    Need some good charts and TA. No one knows why it went down and no one knows why it went back up. No news, no information, not even any rumors.
    12-11-13 05:45 AM
    Need some good charts and TA. No one knows why it went down and no one knows why it went back up. No news, no information, not even any rumors.
    They are here ... no one "knows", but some "suggest".

The candle of today, so far (knock on wood), can be either a doji or a hammer should it close around $5.65, which means a sign of reversal to be confirmed tomorrow.
    So far so good to be a technical buy sign, should this hold.

Attachment 228751
    Once again, thanks for the charts JLagoon!

Here is that chart I made a couple of weeks ago:

Attachment 228755

The million dollar question is, "Did we just put in a bottom?" I never wanted to see the stock price drop down to the bottom of that wedge but now that we have bounced off it ...................................

Closing in the green would look very good indeed. Nice work!
    bungaboy, morganplus8 and jxnb like this.
    12-11-13 06:04 AM
    OK, they guess. What's the difference between a suggestion and a guess?
    I guess there isn't much of one.
    12-11-13 06:12 AM
    But the optimist in me sees additional,high margin, service revs from connection to the NOC.
    Every single service has its fee ... how will this be shared between BBRY and QNXbased solutions automotive makers is still the question ... who will provide the "stores" is another one ...
    One thing is sure : "The Internet of things" is on its way. And I'm glad - beside all the rant I heard when T.H was elaborating on this - it's on BlackBerry road map.

Only to give an idea of fares , from the BMW (QNX powered) ConnectedDrive 2013 infotainement system. :
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

Licenses for the show, services for the dough ?
    jxnb, bungaboy, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    12-11-13 06:19 AM
    OK, they guess. What's the difference between a suggestion and a guess?
    I guess there isn't much of one.
    Good faith and fair behavior ?
    Edit : I'm not qualified to nitpick English.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-11-13 06:20 AM

Michelle is fixin' for a b!tchin.
    q649, sidhuk and Randeman like this.
    12-11-13 06:38 AM
    About QNX and CES 2014...

You guys may already have seen this sneak peek:
    QNX CES 2014 - QNX is heading to vegas; are you ready?
    Last edited by Corbu; 12-11-13 at 08:25 AM.
    rarsen, Superfly_FR and jxnb like this.
    12-11-13 07:58 AM
    Let's put our bets in for good day or bad day

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 08:22 AM
    Let's put our bets in for good day or bad day

Posted via CB10
    I have a feeling we are just goingto hover around the 6 dollar mark until ER
    12-11-13 08:24 AM
    I have a feeling we are just goingto hover around the 6 dollar mark until ER
    So you think good day?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 08:26 AM
113,250 ... 22672268226922702271 ...