View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Yeah, thread title should be changed to "I support BBRY and I buy shares ! ***On good days only***.

Stock has dropped to $5.48 now. I don't see any major news today that would cause this, only minor such as this: BlackBerry announces 80 more layoffs in Waterloo. I wonder if the fear of a pre-earnings release this Friday could be the cause?
    It is prop Fear of ER and tax loss selling and shorting
    12-10-13 10:37 AM
    Yeah, thread title should be changed to "I support BBRY and I buy shares ! ***On good days only***.

Stock has dropped to $5.48 now. I don't see any major news today that would cause this, only minor such as this: BlackBerry announces 80 more layoffs in Waterloo. I wonder if the fear of a pre-earnings release this Friday could be the cause?
    I would think the ER would be a major factor. BBRY's problem is there is nothing to stop this bleeding.
    m1a1mg and techvisor like this.
    12-10-13 10:37 AM

Hopefully, Chen will lay out a concrete and transparent business plan sometime soon. Uncertainty kills.
    techvisor likes this.
    12-10-13 10:43 AM
    Lots of activity around the Dec 21st $6 puts:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-dec21.jpg

The above was posted Nov 19. Options play seems to have been the way to go. Maybe the play now is to either sell or protect those options?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-option2.jpg
    plasmid_boy and jxnb like this.
    12-10-13 10:54 AM
    NB - I think short selling is a terrible thing and have never supported it.
    Just wondering - are you against betting on the "Don't Pass" line on a craps table too?
    12-10-13 11:02 AM
    Sorry, but no.
    Each and every day (for support) and I wish I had some more cash to invest/average, which is unfortunately not the case.
    (about the above wish : this is my personal view and by no mean an advice : situation is tricky as he||).

We are more quiet around here for two main reasons :
    1/ There's not much to talk about that is not reported in other forum sections
    2/ We got rid of some malign egos by lowering the flow.
    12-10-13 11:05 AM
    I agree. I'm not sure why people even buy android phones. I can understand IOS they still have a good product, it just has a lot of limits. The z30 seems to be catching my friends eyes a lot more than the z10 did so I'm excited about that

Posted via CB10
    Having used two Android phones, a Motorola and a Galaxy S3, I've found the S3 to be a very solid piece of hardware, and since the last update, it has performed without issues. I cannot stand the size of the screens and lack of typing (haptic) feedback. I also use NFC for several things, something else iPhone lacks.

If my carrier had a full-screen BB, I'd use it. I also do not like Apple's micromanagement. I've been able to do everything I want to, and then some, on my S3.
    12-10-13 11:14 AM
    Lots of activity around the Dec 21st $6 puts:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dec21.JPG 
Views:	517 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	228711

The above was posted Nov 19. Options play seems to have been the way to go. Maybe the play now is to either sell or protect those options?

Name:	option2.JPG 
Views:	520 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	228709
    What is this? The stock is really gonna drop that low from the ER?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 11:14 AM
    No news and seemingly little Z30 product out there. Bbry is a very speculative play right now. Tons of money on hand for a company struggling to create a business model if the assumption is soon going to be that they will only be able to sell qwerty phones to some business guys and then other phones to ultra secure institutions.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 11:33 AM
    They can't ditch the handsets. That's an integral part of the top to bottom security that many of the service subscribers rely on. The German gov wouldn't have bought a, lets just say, Samsung made BB10 device since it probably (and no, I can't confirm this) wouldn't have reacted the same with the added Secusmart security card. I'm of the feeling that they should either close the Waterloo production or the Mexico plant. For local business reasons and simple test production, I'd say keep the Waterloo but for cost of labour, it's keep Mexico. One or the other but not both. They absolutely need to continue in the handset area.
    But isn't BlackBerry telling us the secure work space on iOS and Android is as secure as it is on a BlackBerry. Isn't that the whole push behind their new multplatform management?

That's a question not a statement. If it's true, why does BlackBerry need hardware?

Looking for smarter minds than mine to explain.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-10-13 11:33 AM
    But isn't BlackBerry telling us the secure work space on iOS and Android is as secure as it is on a BlackBerry. Isn't that the whole push behind their new multplatform management?

That's a question not a statement. If it's true, why does BlackBerry need hardware?
    I'm guessing that enterprise customers are asking a similar question - "Why do we need Blackberry hardware?"
    JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    12-10-13 11:40 AM
    12-10-13 11:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's almost there already. 6 Strike - option cost is $5.27. Right to sell (put) at 6 and the protection isn't a terribly bad bet here. It's a 2 sided trade here, I could see each side's thinking at this price and with little time left.
    12-10-13 11:43 AM
    I'm guessing that enterprise customers are asking a similar question - "Why do we need Blackberry hardware?"
    Problem is that they are asking why do we need BlackBerry.
    techvisor likes this.
    12-10-13 11:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    It mean those buying the Dec 21 puts at $6 strike for $0.73 will break even if the stock sits at $6 - $0.73 (=$5.27) at expiry on Dec 21st. If the stock sits at $5 at expiry, then the put is worth $1 ($6-$5), and the put play makes you $1/$0.73 percent = 37%. If the stock sits at $5.90 it is only worth $6-$5.90 = $.10 at expiry, so you lose $0.63 of your $.73 investment. Win big or lose big with short duration options.
    12-10-13 11:49 AM

If the phone itself gets into the hands of someone wanting in, they can get to the encrypted data then work on deciphering it over time, as long as they get the data out before it gets wiped. With BlackBerry devices, they'll need a heck of a lot longer to break the physical security in order to extract the data.

The end to end encryption is the same for data transfer but physical security is different.
    12-10-13 11:52 AM

I'd say they are saying the communications data stream from the secure work space is the same (encrypted and through the BES servers), and the device provides access through the BES server behind the corporate firewall to access data files, etc., but not necessarily that the device itself is as secure as a blackberry (hacking the OS to gain access). The secure workspace is likely encrypted on top of any device encryption but I can't say for sure. The iPhone has had many hacks to gain entry to the phone (the passcode screen hackaround a few times). I think BB10 had one similar very early on after release but nothing since.
    12-10-13 11:54 AM
    The candle of today, so far (knock on wood), can be either a doji or a hammer should it close around $5.65, which means a sign of reversal to be confirmed tomorrow.
    morganplus8, Corbu, jxnb and 9 others like this.
    12-10-13 01:08 PM
    This post has been Edileted.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-10-13 at 01:25 PM.
    12-10-13 01:09 PM
    Now SF.... You know better.. lol. Just ignore and report an overly obvious trolling post. Notice it's already been deleted
    12-10-13 01:13 PM
    Spoiler Alert - optimism ahead

Chen doesn't have a dozen years to turn around BlackBerry. But all Chen has to do is talk a good game and stem the bleeding. If he does that, the enterprise and government customers that have yet to abandon BlackBerry will likely stick around.

And if Chen can find a way to make more money from existing customers as opposed to worrying about grabbing market share from Apple and Google, then the stock could easily bounce back.

Don't get me wrong. BlackBerry will never be dominant again. But it doesn't have to be for investors buying the stock now to be rewarded. All the company has to do is prove that the rumors of its death are greatly exaggerated. Chen should be able to accomplish that.
    BlackBerry: Not dead yet! Seriously. - The Buzz - Investment and Stock Market News
    12-10-13 01:14 PM
    So far so good to be a technical buy sign, should this hold.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-12-10-2.18.21-pm.png
    12-10-13 01:19 PM
    Now SF.... You know better.. lol. Just ignore and report an overly obvious trolling post. Notice it's already been deleted
    yup. My bad. sry guys, thanks folks in the shadow
    cjcampbell likes this.
    12-10-13 01:27 PM
    I read this and at the very beginning I was just like man not another negative article.....but he surprised me at the end. Now I know its an opinion piece but I think his thoughts are very realistic. CEO needs to provide a valid path and get rid of all the uncertainty, this bleeding and the old way of thinking needs to stop. We all know that BBRY will never dominate again I agree with this 100% but I dont think any of us really cares about that, we want BBRY to succeed and their products to be in our hands "Blackberry is not for everyone and thats ok". Im very much hoping a new plan will bring us back up to the low double digits

12-10-13 01:32 PM
    So far so good to be a technical buy sign, should this hold.

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-12-10 at 2.18.21 PM.png 
Views:	596 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	228751
    Once again, thanks for the charts JLagoon!

Here is that chart I made a couple of weeks ago:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart-dec-10-2013.png

The million dollar question is, "Did we just put in a bottom?" I never wanted to see the stock price drop down to the bottom of that wedge but now that we have bounced off it ...................................

Closing in the green would look very good indeed. Nice work!
    12-10-13 01:37 PM
113,252 ... 22652266226722682269 ...