View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Someone may pay double ...
    Nokia Corporation (ADR) (NOK): Nokia's Indian tax bill could reach $3.4B - Seeking Alpha
    • Nokia's (NOK) tax bill in India could hit $3.4B, a government official says, far higher than the $340M that has been at the center of a dispute so far.
    • India has frozen Nokia assets in the country to ensure the company has enough money to pay the smaller bill, although the firm has gone to court to defend itself.
    • Nokia needs access to the assets by Thursday so that it can complete the sale of its handset unit to Microsoft (MSFT), and it has set aside $350M for the purpose.
    bungaboy, fedakd and plasmid_boy like this.
    12-10-13 07:08 AM
    Is it just me or did this share dilution really play into the hands of the shorts?
    copeland007 likes this.
    12-10-13 08:06 AM
    Imo we should see bottom soon...I also agree with heymaggie that CHEN must do an exceptional job on the ER call. Many positives to look at lately, now they must implement and prove a reversal of the death spiral.
    I think they can do it...

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 08:10 AM
    Is it just me or did this share dilution really play into the hands of the shorts?
    The dilution hasn't taken place yet. As of now it is a potential dilution. No stock has been distributed (given away to Watsa and Friends) yet.

No, this is just lack of faith.
    12-10-13 08:14 AM
    Imo we should see bottom soon...I also agree with heymaggie that CHEN must do an exceptional job on the ER call. Many positives to look at lately, now they must implement and prove a reversal of the death spiral.
    I think they can do it...

Posted via CB10
    transparency is the key , no more of this hiding of numbers and creating new accounting methods to shield the shareholders from the true shape of the company. Also in the ER they need to provide us with there game plan moving forward. We cant appear to be a chicken with our heads cut off. We need direction, clarity and confidence not corporate nonsense. I also want them to acknowledge the big pink elephant in the room , the shorts.
    12-10-13 08:19 AM
    The dilution hasn't taken place yet. As of now it is a potential dilution. No stock has been distributed (given away to Watsa and Friends) yet.

No, this is just lack of faith.
    Yes but we all know its going to happen and the shorts are just adjusting their position to match what the OS count will be. AKA increasing it
    12-10-13 08:20 AM
    Again, sounds like they have the only winning strategy.

NB - I think short selling is a terrible thing and have never supported it.
    12-10-13 08:26 AM
    Yes but we all know its going to happen and the shorts are just adjusting their position to match what the OS count will be. AKA increasing it
    We all know the share price is going back to $10?
    12-10-13 08:28 AM
    New 10 year low - $5.64.
    12-10-13 08:30 AM
    As if on cue they come out and circle overhead . . . .
    plasmid_boy, sidhuk, jxnb and 2 others like this.
    12-10-13 08:47 AM
    Some get pleasure out of it. Some sad demented people here

Posted via CB10
    plasmid_boy, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    12-10-13 09:04 AM
    It's like saying "First". How stupid is that!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    12-10-13 09:07 AM
    This is brutal. I don't know how much more of this I can take. I have no idea where the bottom is and am not confident that the earnings call is going to be a positive. I have already lost over $20,000.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 09:07 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-crackberry-image.jpg

they should advertise this.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 09:11 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CrackBerry Image.jpg 
Views:	618 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	228678

they should advertise this.

Posted via CB10
    Love it. I just hope it wasn't a fact of having very low supply to begin with

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 09:17 AM
    This is brutal. I don't know how much more of this I can take. I have no idea where the bottom is and am not confident that the earnings call is going to be a positive. I have already lost over $20,000.

Posted via CB10
    I hear you man. Part of the game, but still painful every time.
    As soon as I am done cashing in on my other stocks. I will sell BBRY to offset taxes, then I will buy it back.
    12-10-13 09:19 AM
    Given the vacuum we are currently in I'm baffled by the moves - I didn't see $5 before the EC but now I'm not so sure...
    12-10-13 09:32 AM
    Love it. I just hope it wasn't a fact of having very low supply to begin with

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't matter. That just means there not mass producing like the z10. Wouldn't it be great to hear the z30 is selling much better than expected.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR, bungaboy and jfguay2 like this.
    12-10-13 09:44 AM
    Doesn't matter. That just means there not mass producing like the z10. Wouldn't it be great to hear the z30 is selling much better than expected.

Posted via CB10
    The same thing was once said about the z10 so lol
    cgk, aniym and Kris Erickson like this.
    12-10-13 09:46 AM
    As if on cue they come out and circle overhead . . . .
    Yeah why can't they stick to the rule about not discussing the stock on red days. Can't we all just discuss Halo and beer?
    12-10-13 09:59 AM
    I disagree...whether cheap or expensive, you're building marketshare. Coupled with Microsoft's deep pockets to attract big apps, it's not a bad thing.

Cheap is the trend. Nokia did it with low cost Lumias and Google/Motorola did it with the Moto G. On their price points, you can't compete with those.
    Maybe. But it is taking many millions of advertising here in the US for basically no results. Bbry probably should have always priced it's phones to match the lumia phones. I think the Z10 would have sold better at that price. Since many android users use almost no apps they probably would be better off with a Z10. But price was way too high for that market.

Posted via CB10
    danprown likes this.
    12-10-13 10:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    LG HTC Smartphones Sales: Nowhere to run | BGR http://bgr.com/2013/12/10/lg-htc-sma...ales-analysis/

Here is prime example of spending lots on advertising and still coming short. I can see that stock price is sickening how ever i am glad that blackberry is not manufacturing androids. LG, HTC and almost every android phone maker (other than some regional low end manufacturers) is loosing money other than samsung, which may put pressure on these high end manufacturers to look else where. When too many people are on the loosing side then it is in their best interest to look for the best alternative and fight the monopoly. For example, every major US company is standing up to NSA now because it is hurting their business. Once blackberry stabilizes and have a proper mature OS with app gap curved (android apps) IMO other phone manufacturers will look at blackberry.

Just imagine LG HTC phones with blackberry's latest 10.2.1 software? They do have the advertising dollars and the phones would be able to use most android apps. I am gonna keep what i have in blackberry for now and have stopped looking at the stock price. My ignore list is good enough how ever i only see the shhit disturber salt rubbing comments when some one quotes them.
    This is stock market, you cant win every day. If people like something they will go out of their way to buy something or will come back as i did and i know others who have done so. I am glad that blackberry is not mass producing Z30 as it did with z10. That mass production made the last earnings look really bad.
    12-10-13 10:12 AM
    The real puzzler to me is not the z10, it's the Q5 which was completely overpriced for what it was.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    12-10-13 10:14 AM
    LG HTC Smartphones Sales: Nowhere to run | BGR http://bgr.com/2013/12/10/lg-htc-sma...ales-analysis/

Here is prime example of spending lots on advertising and still coming short. I can see that stock price is sickening how ever i am glad that blackberry is not manufacturing androids. LG, HTC and almost every android phone maker (other than some regional low end manufacturers) is loosing money other than samsung, which may put pressure on these high end manufacturers to look else where. When too many people are on the loosing side then it is in their best interest to look for the best alternative and fight the monopoly. For example, every major US company is standing up to NSA now because it is hurting their business. Once blackberry stabilizes and have a proper mature OS with app gap curved (android apps) IMO other phone manufacturers will look at blackberry.

Just imagine LG HTC phones with blackberry's latest 10.2.1 software? They do have the advertising dollars and the phones would be able to use most android apps. I am gonna keep what i have in blackberry for now and have stopped looking at the stock price. My ignore list is good enough how ever i only see the shhit disturber salt rubbing comments when some one quotes them.
    This is stock market, you cant win every day. If people like something they will go out of their way to buy something or will come back as i did and i know others who have done so. I am glad that blackberry is not mass producing Z30 as it did with z10. That mass production made the last earnings look really bad.
    I agree. I'm not sure why people even buy android phones. I can understand IOS they still have a good product, it just has a lot of limits. The z30 seems to be catching my friends eyes a lot more than the z10 did so I'm excited about that

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 10:17 AM
    Yeah why can't they stick to the rule about not discussing the stock on red days. Can't we all just discuss Halo and beer?
    Yeah, thread title should be changed to "I support BBRY and I buy shares ! ***On good days only***.

Stock has dropped to $5.48 now. I don't see any major news today that would cause this, only minor such as this: BlackBerry announces 80 more layoffs in Waterloo. I wonder if the fear of a pre-earnings release this Friday could be the cause?
    chr1sny likes this.
    12-10-13 10:35 AM
113,256 ... 22642265226622672268 ...