View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    A financial report prior to the Earnings Report would be the best thing that Blackberry could do for its current shareholders since it appears that the best use for BBRY, right now, shares is to offset taxable gains from the rest of your portfolio. That means that investors must sell BBRY to harvest these losses before the end of the calendar year.
    12-09-13 12:47 PM
    Yes that's nice. But I hoped for a simple solution, where you could register independent of your carrier. Aiming for small businesses you should be more flexible.
    But let's wait and see how it develops. On cio.de Jeff Holleran talks about a preview of cloud services planned for December. Blackberry Enterprise Director Jeff Holleran: Wir wollen alle Ger�te in Unternehmen verwalten - CIO.de
    So maybe the T-mobile offer is just a beginning...
    It will
    Cloud Mobility Management from BlackBerry
    12-09-13 12:50 PM
    A financial report prior to the Earnings Report would be the best thing that Blackberry could do for its current shareholders since it appears that the best use for BBRY, right now, shares is to offset taxable gains from the rest of your portfolio. That means that investors must sell BBRY to harvest these losses before the end of the calendar year.
    Isn't that April ? (sorry, I think I read it somewhere before).
    12-09-13 12:51 PM
    What do you think it will say?
    "BlackBerry announces preliminary third quarter... "

Posted via CB10
    cgk likes this.
    12-09-13 01:34 PM
    Are we going below $5.70 today?
    12-09-13 01:39 PM
    It will say that the competitive environment continues to be challenging.
    techvisor, cgk and ccbs like this.
    12-09-13 01:40 PM
    Remember way back when $9 per share was an insult? (3 months ago)
    12-09-13 01:43 PM
    Remember way back when $9 per share was an insult? (3 months ago)
    It still is
    kfh227, bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-09-13 01:47 PM
    Isn't that April ? (sorry, I think I read it somewhere before).
    Unless there are mitigating circumstances, calendar year tax season ends Dec 31st. Unless a person has an approved extension, April 15th is the deadline for filing your taxes.

2014 Tax Season to Start Later Following Government Closure; IRS Sees Heavy Demand As Operations Resume
    Last edited by lcjr; 12-09-13 at 02:43 PM.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-09-13 02:28 PM
    sorry to go OT but M8 can you provide some insight on HALO? any potential on upside here I wanted to get out before my vacay end of this week so just wanted your opinion, thanks!

PS. Anyone else notice that the site is so glitchy and slow now :/ happened over the weekend
    Hi slipstream89!!

Just a quick comment on HALO, they might have had some news today, hard to find it but I believe they have a slight delay in a drug development program with Roche. Again, I can't prove that, just read it so that might be why it is down more than average today. If you call up a chart and look at the 30-ema, you will see that we tested that level again today and bounced off it. So tomorrow, you would to see the stock hold above today's low. Then it's a matter of how high the stock can bounce the rest of this week. This one has really done well over the past 2 months and many of us have solid profits here. I sold December and January Calls at $ 15.00/shr on the last rally so I'm fine with the drop right now. GL

As for BBRY, no news lets the Market Makers have fun all day long and we certainly haven't heard from BlackBerry have we? They are getting some work done mind you, BES10.2 and the Cloud are two good things happening but we have yet to hear any stats from them regarding BBM-X uptake.

Man I hate Microsoft - I hate their Win 8.1, I hate their OS (pick any version) and now I hate their WP8. They can't do anything right. I'm just ranting because I had to use all of their garbage this weekend and it wasn't pretty.
    sidhuk, take99, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    12-09-13 02:53 PM
    On days when the stock is down, on-topic discussion of BBRY stock is hard to find around here. Off-topic posts about alcohol and HALO are the norm on red days.

Now comes the "troll" accusations, which is still off-topic.

In BBRY-related news, I think I may get back in this mofo after the new year. I expect the stock price to be further depressed by then and maybe BBRY will have a more transparent business model by then.
    12-09-13 02:54 PM
    This is insane. $5.69.
    12-09-13 02:55 PM
    On days when the stock is down, on-topic discussion of BBRY stock is hard to find around here. Off-topic posts about alcohol and HALO are the norm on red days.

Now comes the "troll" accusations, which is still off-topic.

In BBRY-related news, I think I may get back in this mofo after the new year. I expect the stock price to be further depressed by then and maybe BBRY will have a more transparent business model by then.
    I'm out of ideas with how low this could go.
    12-09-13 02:58 PM
    I'm out of ideas with how low this could go.
    The NSA knows and is waiting to takeover the company for dat security.
    cgk likes this.
    12-09-13 03:01 PM
    This is insane. $5.69.
    I couldn't agree with you more JLagoon,

We need a change of management, they sit behind closed doors and let the media trample all over us. There is no support for the stock either. Pathetic management. They could retire 100,000,000 shares and wipe out the effect of the bond issue. You have to wonder why Mike L isn't buying super cheap shares down here. Pathetic. I'm tired of seeing this company continue as the spineless creature that they have become.

I have been trying to buy a Z30 this weekend and it is so hard to come by. My frickin' carrier doesn't carry it so I have to find another one that has one in stock. All I get is promises that they will have them one day. What kind of company refuses to make their product available? Man, I'm ticked at them!
    12-09-13 03:07 PM
    ^Secretly spying on you

Short interest should be published in realtime.

Would be cool if BBRY had some good news coming down the pipes for the ER but were content to let the SP drop so they could pick up 100 million loose share on the cheap to repay their debenture when it popped. Pick up 100 million lose shares for $5-$6, then return them to their creditors when the price pops back up to $10 to settle their debt. They pocket $400 million in difference in a sort of 'long sell' scheme.

Would make for an interesting short trap, but probably isn't legal.
    12-09-13 03:13 PM
    I couldn't agree with you more JLagoon,

We need a change of management, they sit behind closed doors and let the media trample all over us. There is no support for the stock either. Pathetic management. They could retire 100,000,000 shares and wipe out the effect of the bond issue. You have to wonder why Mike L isn't buying super cheap shares down here. Pathetic. I'm tired of seeing this company continue as the spineless creature that they have become.

I have been trying to buy a Z30 this weekend and it is so hard to come by. My frickin' carrier doesn't carry it so I have to find another one that has one in stock. All I get is promises that they will have them one day. What kind of company refuses to make their product available? Man, I'm ticked at them!
    I feel the same way. Also about the z30, but after looking for 2 weeks a finally got a nice white One and It was definitely worth it.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, rarsen, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    12-09-13 03:14 PM
    ^Secretly spying on you

Short interest should be published in realtime.

Would be cool if BBRY had some good news coming down the pipes for the ER but were content to let the SP drop so they could pick up 100 million loose share on the cheap to repay their debenture when it popped. Pick up 100 million lose shares for $5-$6, then return them to their creditors when the price pops back up to $10 to settle their debt. They pocket $400 million in difference in a sort of 'long sell' scheme.

Would make for an interesting short trap, but probably isn't legal.
    Didn't people around here make this same suggestion when the company released a pre-ER report or when it put up the for sale sign?
    12-09-13 03:20 PM
    I just finished looking at some reviews of the Z30, and I am wondering how BlackBerry can turn around the perception of the company. The reviews of the device sounded even-handed; they talked about strengths and weaknesses, and how the phone stacked up to competition. But almost every positive review said, "it's a shame, this is all too late". I have little interest in re-hashing how BlackBerry's situation got to this point, I'd rather know "how does a company change an overwhelmingly pessimistic narrative?".

One anecdote has been rattling around my head lately. A contractor I work with from time to time bought a Tesla Model S some months ago, and he said that it drove like no other vehicle he had ever driven. Then I saw the overwhelmingly positive reviews that came pouring in. Reviews from the most respected reviewers in the field, some even from people who had been dismissive of electric cars.

About a month ago, my colleague drove up to a work meeting in his Tesla, and the client was immediately giving him **** about the car and the reported fires. The client was almost gleeful that he got to give someone a hard time about a purchase. My colleague stayed calm, said maybe two sentences about the fires, and then said, "Here, drive it". The client thought he was being funny, but he was serious. "Let's go for a drive".

They came back about 10 minutes later, and the client was blown away. Absolutely blown away, and at a loss for words. He said driving the Model S was like walking for the first time, when you didn't know what walking was before. He said the instantaneous responsiveness was unreal. He then took pictures of the car to show to people.

In 10 minutes, my colleague changed a gleeful critic into to someone who was gushing about how great the car was. He owned a product that he knew would have that effect, and without getting angry or defensive, he let that product speak for itself.

Now I can't imagine a phone eliciting that kind of reaction, even a revolutionary phone. No phone I've seen recently does that. But, as I've written about here, BB10's flow impresses people. It at least holds its own. Can BlackBerry take it to the next level, where if you give it to a critic, they don't want to put it down? Where everything they want to do, can be done, and done easily?

That's a tall order, and the odds are against ANY phone maker being able to do that. You can't expect or bet money on any company being able to innovate that highly. At this point, though, I think that has to be the goal. Improve and build on BB10 so that switching to it is the easiest decision to make. Make people talk about it, make it so people can't wait to change phones. Reviews should be written that say, "you have to try this phone for yourself". And, that means getting the phone into the hands of people who make purchase decisions.
    12-09-13 03:35 PM
    I feel the same way. Also about the z30, but after looking for 2 weeks a finally got a nice white One and It was definitely worth it.
    Posted via CB10
    when I picked mine the other day, I was told that it was the last unit in stock at that store.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    12-09-13 03:52 PM
    I just finished looking at some reviews of the Z30, and I am wondering how BlackBerry can turn around the perception of the company. The reviews of the device sounded even-handed; they talked about strengths and weaknesses, and how the phone stacked up to competition. But almost every positive review said, "it's a shame, this is all too late". I have little interest in re-hashing how BlackBerry's situation got to this point, I'd rather know "how does a company change an overwhelmingly pessimistic narrative?".
    In regards to handsets we are now past that stage I think, the bigger and growning problem is this one.
    12-09-13 04:15 PM
    Everyone I showed the Z10 were impressed. Then they went out and bought iP5 or S4
    12-09-13 04:18 PM
    Because they may be impressed, but there is nothing obvious enough to get them to change. And that's a huge problem. Although the Z30 is a wonderful device, what differentiates from the others?
    12-09-13 04:32 PM
    Everywhere im reading the media and big funds would like to see BBRY as a software run company only, reason the stock keeps dropping is because BBRY said they are still committed to handsets and we still don't have a strategic plan on turning this around from Chen yet. I don't expect anything because of the "quiet period" but what im trying to do is think in Chen shoes, he should know that ditching the production of the hardware division would immediately lift the SP and that would get rid of the continued losses. So when Chen says he is still committed to handsets did he specify that BBRY would be producing it or find a company to outsource and license too? this part I could not find in any readings but technically if the hardware is outsourced BBRY can still provide end to end service right?
    fedakd likes this.
    12-09-13 04:39 PM
    Because they may be impressed, but there is nothing obvious enough to get them to change. And that's a huge problem. Although the Z30 is a wonderful device, what differentiates from the others?
    Everything. The only commonality between smart phones is the apps. Android is far different than iOS and BB10 is different too. So will Sailfish and Ubuntu be. The main reasons, I think anyway, that it hasn't caught on are for two main factors.... the jones effect, whereas people want what others have, and the fact that people, for some reason, are very reluctant to try and learn something new. If they can hang on for the long haul and garner enough revenues from services and other areas, then they should be able to catch on and grow. As much as I don't personally care for WP8 it seems to have finally been gaining some interest. How long did it take? A lot longer than BB10 has been on the market. Give it time.... Just because it hasn't been an instant hit doesn't mean that it can't become one.
    12-09-13 04:40 PM
113,256 ... 22622263226422652266 ...