Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    12-07-13 01:00 PM
    12-07-13 01:01 PM
    Was a decent interview. Excited to see the fruits of all of the R&D.

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    rarsen, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    12-07-13 01:08 PM
    We deserve some good news from blackberry. I think I will be doubling my position but please Chen make things happen. It needs to happen now, BlackBerry has no time to waste.

Posted via CB10
    The anchor is definitely hardware. The spring is bbm/channels and potentially BES.

While QNX/embedded is neutral/speculative.

They either need bbm to become so big that hardware no longer matters, or (more likely) they need a solution for stagnant/shrinking hardware revs.

It may very well be that the right-sizing that has been the purpose of CORE will be the short term solution in this regard.

Or, Chen may decide to chase third-party manufacturing in some way to get costs and margins in line. Perhaps some of the Indian manufacturers that are preinstalling bbm would be keen to make the second tier bb10 devices through licensing?

Corbu, rarsen, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    12-07-13 01:13 PM
    I just noticed something with the updated CB app. After clicking the above link, it doesn't open up the the browser separately. This is horrible. Can't share the link, use reader mode, leave the page open for a read later and continue on reading the thread and forums, or any other browser features. Damn. They fixed the scrolling page change issue but this is a horrible addition to the app.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 01:17 PM
    Swipe down from the top and in settings you can change it to open in browser

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20131208.png

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, dusdal, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    12-07-13 01:29 PM
    As above.

Attachment 227838

From my Z30 via CB10
    Last edited by bungaboy; 12-07-13 at 02:07 PM.
    sidhuk likes this.
    12-07-13 01:36 PM
    Awesome. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 01:37 PM
    I ended up using blue stack to download app store apks so for amazon and 1 mobile market works good. for me it is not lot of work to download the latest apks with bluestack and then uploading to blackberry. thanks for the quick replies though. gotta get rid of the G2 now.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-07-13 02:37 PM
    The anchor is definitely hardware. The spring is bbm/channels and potentially BES.

While QNX/embedded is neutral/speculative.

They either need bbm to become so big that hardware no longer matters, or (more likely) they need a solution for stagnant/shrinking hardware revs.

It may very well be that the right-sizing that has been the purpose of CORE will be the short term solution in this regard.

Or, Chen may decide to chase third-party manufacturing in some way to get costs and margins in line. Perhaps some of the Indian manufacturers that are preinstalling bbm would be keen to make the second tier bb10 devices through licensing?

Don't those 'second tier' Indian OEMs actually outsell BBRY now within that market?
    techvisor likes this.
    12-07-13 02:42 PM
    Probably.

By second tier I was referring to price point.

cgk likes this.
    12-07-13 02:52 PM
    OT: For Capital Losses, when should I report them? I currently am not working, so should I wait until I start a job with income to report the losses? I'm a tad confused. From my understanding Capital Losses go against your taxes right?
    12-07-13 02:54 PM
    OT: For Capital Losses, when should I report them? I currently am not working, so should I wait until I start a job with income to report the losses? I'm a tad confused. From my understanding Capital Losses go against your taxes right?
    When you report your taxes in April. You should report it regardless of whether or not you have employment income because you cannot use capital losses to offset your employment income, they are only used for offsetting capital gains. You can actually use these capital losses to offset your capital gains you have earned in the past 3 years OR save them up and offset capital gains in the future (in which it will be sitting there indefinitely until used up).

Someone correct me if I am wrong.
    bungaboy, Kid Vibe and fedakd like this.
    12-07-13 03:54 PM
    WhatsApp is down......

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-whats.jpg
    bungaboy, sidhuk, zyben and 3 others like this.
    12-07-13 05:14 PM
    I ended up using blue stack to download app store apks so for amazon and 1 mobile market works good. for me it is not lot of work to download the latest apks with bluestack and then uploading to blackberry. thanks for the quick replies though. gotta get rid of the G2 now.
    Have you tried the Android Store App? It allows you to download APKs directly from Google Play Store.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    12-07-13 05:58 PM
    Just checking in. I'm still long bbry and hoping for a come back. Was showing a friend my q10 the other day and she was really impressed. Her work gave her a galaxy s3 and she hates typing on it. She misses her old bbry but her work doesn't give out latest tech so they aren't giving out the bb10 devices yet. maybe next year they will support them.

Also read about another android security breach. Brightest flashlight app was selling location and device information without disclosure or authorization. Seems this is pretty common in android apps. I wonder if sideloading exposes bb10 users to the same risk.

Posted via CB10
    Randeman, Korepab, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    12-07-13 06:13 PM
    Just checking in. I'm still long bbry and hoping for a come back. Was showing a friend my q10 the other day and she was really impressed. Her work gave her a galaxy s3 and she hates typing on it. She misses her old bbry but her work doesn't give out latest tech so they aren't giving out the bb10 devices yet. maybe next year they will support them.

Also read about another android security breach. Brightest flashlight app was selling location and device information without disclosure or authorization. Seems this is pretty common in android apps. I wonder if sideloading exposes bb10 users to the same risk.

Posted via CB10
    There was an article on the previous page about the apps like flashlight.

With the latest 10.2.1.1055 leak you don't have to "sideload" android apps. Just install them and run them with them using the BB Android runtime. AFAIK.
    plasmid_boy and sidhuk like this.
    12-07-13 06:30 PM
    In case in confirmation was required to clear up the AFAIK ^ it's true. I'm on the leak and happily free to directly install .apks

12-07-13 06:35 PM
    Have you tried the Android Store App? It allows you to download APKs directly from Google Play Store.

Posted via CB10
    I just tried NBA game time from ONE store. It got installed just fine. And the video looks great. Only thing is that I had to switch video stream from auto to any of the other streams. The 1200kbps just looks beautiful.
    The reason I used blue stack was that I purchased some apps from Google play store for my G2. Plus I needed to install 13 apps and it was much faster using the pc than individually. I dumped all 13 at once it installed them in less than 5 minutes including conversion.
    The audio sound is much better than G2 even though G2 is the only phone which has 24bit audio processor and sounds very very good.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 07:53 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000004.jpg
    Cheers gang. Just priming before JD.

Posted using Z30. Best phone in the world.
    12-07-13 08:13 PM
    Hey guy's, sorry the trolls were rampant "again" on here...such is life.
    Can someone please do a poll on net worth of the trolls vs the "I support" crowd....I already know the results...facts one should consider.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 08:20 PM
    Not sure where you're located Sidhuk, but if you can get your hands on a cider called Left Field Cider, it's beautiful stuff. Real cider, no sugar or any additions.

Ingredients: fresh Okanagan apples.

Loopy Juice that is.

12-07-13 08:20 PM
    Not sure where you're located Sidhuk, but if you can get your hands on a cider called Left Field Cider, it's beautiful stuff. Real cider, no sugar or any additions.

Ingredients: fresh Okanagan apples.

Loopy Juice that is.

Just ran out of it about two weeks ago. Prollly get it tomorrow. Pretty good stuff. I use to have an orchard in Okanogan on the USA side in the 90s. Loved peaches pears and chetries. Moonshine. Best place for cider wine and moonshine.

dusdal, bungaboy and Randeman like this.
    12-07-13 08:36 PM
    Just ran out of it about two weeks ago. Prollly get it tomorrow. Pretty good stuff. I use to have an orchard in Okanogan on the USA side in the 90s. Loved peaches pears and chetries. Moonshine. Best place for cider wine and moonshine.

Edit: although I must admit that I am apple juice shy ever since I seen the kind of juice apple were being shipped as fresh apple juice. Lol.

bungaboy likes this.
    12-07-13 08:40 PM
    Haha yeah. It's the only thing that has stopped them ripping out the orchards to plant more wine grapes.

sidhuk likes this.
    12-07-13 09:02 PM
113,256 ... 22602261226222632264 ...