View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    What happens when a "not so powerful" person has a Blackberry.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/4XMTNzQBXS0?autoplay=1

Sent from my Note 3
    12-05-13 10:34 PM
    Here's something you guys should check out. A former BlackBerry employee answered several questions on Reddit.

Former BlackBerry employee comes forth to speak |
    12-05-13 11:09 PM
    Wait, don't tell me... they should just ditch BB10 and go with Android right? Because, seriously, if you think that, then you should probably steer well clear of the stock because it ain't ever going to happen.
    The ironic thing is this is likely exactly the end game, but I am sure at that point the strategy will have plenty of defenders, just like there were those who defended plans to go private and plans to drop the consumer market and a variety of other missteps recent management made.
    notfanboy and aniym like this.
    12-06-13 01:46 AM
    Quite excited to see the fruits of the BES/EMM pillar play out.

If I am correct (and it's incredibly likely that I'm not) the BES cloud service should make BES remarkably cheap and accessible for very small business and perhaps even individual. Right?

The second pillar, bbm/channels had a stumble but appears to be steady.

Curious to see if tomorrow reveals the reason for today's market fall-out.

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    12-06-13 01:51 AM
    "A startup approach".

The lower left hand corner of a Gartner Magic Quadrant. AKA the one you do not want to be in. Somehow this is considered good news. Part of a new strategy. Bet it on MDM.
    Well I'm referring to my own posts, some months (was it year ?) ago.
    If ever BlackBerry was considered as a startup, BBM and MDM/BYOD alone would make it WS darling.
    won't be there today, have a nice day gang !
    bungaboy and Soumaila Somtore like this.
    12-06-13 02:07 AM
    Thanks. I am always here.

Hope you have a great Holiday season!
    lcjr likes this.
    12-06-13 05:36 AM
    So aren't you going to share your brilliant strategy for the turnaround? You seem to think that this "startup" thing is suddenly the worst possible path, but you aren't going to share your own awesome plan for recovery?

I don't have you on ignore, currently, which means I am open to your opinion. I just get really peeved at all the armchair CEOs, you included, who can only manage to dismiss every idea, every action, every possibility that they come up with, yet who don't seem to be very interested in engaging in real discussion and presenting real, practical ideas for anything. Or have I just missed them?

Wait, don't tell me... they should just ditch BB10 and go with Android right? Because, seriously, if you think that, then you should probably steer well clear of the stock because it ain't ever going to happen.
    Again, I don't care if you get peeved or not. I have no interest whatsoever it pumping up this stock, or listening to the technical analysis on why it will go up.

I firmly believe the way to maximize shareholder return is to sell off the remaining valuable parts of the company. The vaunted intellectual property (that can't be priced). The enterprise business. See if anyone has a value for cross platform BBM.

Because as a whole company now, BlackBerry is failing its stockholders. I do not own any shares (I made my money on RIM stock years ago) and I believe shorting is a disgraceful tactic - in this case, the only winning one.

Now you have an entity that no one would buy. The "offer" was a joke. The board comical. Why should ANYONE stick with this stock? Another new CEO with another plan. This time completely beholder to the new Chairman who has his best interests at heart. And his piece of the debt that comes first in line.

I don't dismiss every action or idea. Just the bad ones. Like the PlayBook, which I waited in line to buy. Like launching new devices with no marketing, an incomplete OS (which was visible to anyone objective on day one) and missing applications (whether or not they were "committed" by the formerly beloved former CEO). Yet people will continue to defend those terrible, money losing decisions.

Break up the company.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    12-06-13 05:49 AM
    Again, I don't care if you get peeved or not. I have no interest whatsoever it pumping up this stock, or listening to the technical analysis on why it will go up.
    Why do you keep posting here?

You sound like a vulture waiting to pick a corpse clean.
    12-06-13 06:19 AM
    Why do you keep posting here?

You sound like a vulture waiting to pick a corpse clean.
    I wondered that too.
    Maybe he should consider going outside to interact with real people, and maybe get some sexx? That usually make people happier. LOL

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 06:33 AM
    Oh stop it children. Just because you don't like anyone who disagrees with your point of view doesn't mean you should insult them. I understand you are hurt and dismayed right now, but don't make it personal.

I wanted BlackBerry to succeed, I just saw the light before you did. Unfortunately for you, the light is an oncoming train.

Don't insult others you disagree with. Go back to your technical analysis and fawning over the latest innovation from your beloved iconic corporation.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    12-06-13 07:22 AM
    I don't understand the options side of things sufficiently well to determine if this really has had an effect on the stock lately, though it seems to me it has. You guys are more knowledgeable than I am. Hope this helps:

Bears pile in as Blackberry crumbles - optionMONSTER (12/06/13)
    12-06-13 07:22 AM
    You guys are more knowledgeable than I am.
    Based on stock predictions made here, how did you jump to that conclusion?
    aniym likes this.
    12-06-13 07:24 AM
    Oh stop it children. Just because you don't like anyone who disagrees with your point of view doesn't mean you should insult them. I understand you are hurt and dismayed right now, but don't make it personal.

I wanted BlackBerry to succeed, I just saw the light before you did. Unfortunately for you, the light is an oncoming train.

Don't insult others you disagree with. Go back to your technical analysis and fawning over the latest innovation from your beloved iconic corporation.
    My post is not an insult. Do as I said and then come back tell me if I was wrong. You have nothing to lose.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, rarsen, jfguay2 and 1 others like this.
    12-06-13 07:34 AM
    Now it sounds like you're comparing your disapproval of BlackBerry to some sort of religious enlightenment.
    plasmid_boy, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    12-06-13 07:34 AM
    Based on stock predictions made here, how did you jump to that conclusion?
    Um... you do realize that thousands of smart people outside of this thread bet on this stock too right? All of those fund managers must be pretty bad at their jobs too since they had a losing pick in their portfolio. Maybe you should read your previous post as although this comment of yours may not be a directed comment, it is, in fact, a general underhanded insult. Oh... and for the record, "based on the stock predictions made here" that have been outside of the world of BlackBerry have paid off quite well so I guess that essentially answers your question.
    plasmid_boy, take99, lcjr and 7 others like this.
    12-06-13 07:38 AM
    Now it sounds like you're comparing your disapproval of BlackBerry to some sort of religious enlightenment.
    He could have at least came up with his own metaphor rather than copying an out dated one. I see the light of an incoming train regularly. It stops, I get on and ride away. See light of coming train = train arriving on time. LOL

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, jxnb, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    12-06-13 07:44 AM
    Um... you do realize that thousands of smart people outside of this thread bet on this stock too right?
    That's just argumentum ad populum every losing stock has thousands of people betting on it.
    12-06-13 07:52 AM
    That's just argumentum ad populum every losing stock has thousands of people betting on it.
    Yes, but the context of my statement was in response to his as he was saying that since BBRY has not done well, then by default the posters here and those who have bought in must not know what they are doing and lack knowledge.
    plasmid_boy, cgk, lcjr and 2 others like this.
    12-06-13 07:54 AM
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/1882...ticle_readmore

Final thoughts

When you add the value of Blackberry's existing assets such as its patent portfolio and real estate to the more speculative value of BBM you get to $9 billion in value or about $17 per share (this assumes Blackberry's cash pile is depleted in the process of running down the handset division).
    This is an optimistic but not completely unrealistic long term outcome for Blackberry investors to hold out for. Therefore I think Blackberry makes for a good speculative buy at this point, with a short term target of $8, at which point it would make sense to take profits.
    Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, sidhuk, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    12-06-13 07:57 AM
    I watched this play called under the bridge and reading this forum some posters remind me of a certain character of the play but I won't say who. These negative energy beings are so dark that it darkens your day . I feel bad for them.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-06-13 07:59 AM
    I watched this play called under the bridge and reading this forum some posters remind me of a certain character of the play but I won't say who. These negative energy beings are so dark that it darkens your day . I feel bad for them.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, but if see them as comical beings (like the fools in Shakespeare), then you instead would get a good laugh and thereby brighten your day a bit.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 08:04 AM
    Let's face it this whole forum is full of laughs.
    jfguay2, peter9477 and cjcampbell like this.
    12-06-13 08:07 AM
    Hey everyone, I'm sure you all have seen the biebs news. I'm curious what you guys think of them getting dead mau5 to be the brand ambassador? You think that could get the stocks up?

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 08:11 AM
    Hey everyone, I'm sure you all have seen the biebs news. I'm curious what you guys think of them getting dead mau5 to be the brand ambassador? You think that could get the stocks up?

Posted via CB10

I'm not sure I know what a Dead Mau5 is and if BBRY is going down an Enterprise strategy, not sure many IT directors will either?
    12-06-13 08:13 AM
    Bears pile in as Blackberry crumbles - optionMONSTER (12/06/13)

Looks like they want this to go to 4 maybe they have seen the Er
    12-06-13 08:21 AM
113,250 ... 22552256225722582259 ...