View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Not that I can see. It closed on U.S. NASDAQ site at $5.90 and right now after hours it shows $5.93.
    12-05-13 05:05 PM
    Really? I see "After Hours: 5.93+0.03 (0.51%)"
    Beat me to his comment. lol
    12-05-13 05:06 PM
    Sorry I meant from the. 17 cents it was up that someone else posted

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 05:13 PM
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): BlackBerry: New CEO Shows His Hand - Seeking Alpha

Not a bad read. A few decent comments. Nothing major, though.
    Superfly_FR, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    12-05-13 05:14 PM
    Have to read that during Beer-Thirty. Can't open Seeking Alpha here at work for some reason.

Speaking of which!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackberry-beer.jpg
    12-05-13 05:17 PM
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): BlackBerry: New CEO Shows His Hand - Seeking Alpha

Not a bad read. A few decent comments. Nothing major, though.
    You beat me 15 minutes lol
    The startup approach is so close to my thinking ...
    bungaboy and Corbu like this.
    12-05-13 05:31 PM
    Yet another new, game changing strategy? How many is this?
    12-05-13 05:35 PM
    12-05-13 05:46 PM
    "A startup approach".

The lower left hand corner of a Gartner Magic Quadrant. AKA the one you do not want to be in. Somehow this is considered good news. Part of a new strategy. Bet it on MDM.
    12-05-13 06:07 PM
    BlackBerry Rating Increased to Neutral at MKM Partners (BB)

BlackBerry Rating Increased to Neutral at MKM Partners (BB) | Ticker Report
    12-05-13 06:48 PM
    Really? I see "After Hours: 5.93+0.03 (0.51%)"
    There was a after hours block trade of 80,000 shares at $6.07 and then there were several trades in the $5.93 area that you saw after that.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    12-05-13 07:00 PM
    You beat me 15 minutes lol
    Sorry about that, Super!
    12-05-13 07:14 PM
    "A startup approach".

The lower left hand corner of a Gartner Magic Quadrant. AKA the one you do not want to be in. Somehow this is considered good news. Part of a new strategy. Bet it on MDM.
    You think BB will fail no matter what they do anyway, don't you? So I'm puzzled why we should care what you have to say.

Still, why don't you actually tell us what you think they should do, instead of just being negative about anything that they DO do?
    12-05-13 07:55 PM
    You think BB will fail no matter what they do anyway, don't you? So I'm puzzled why we should care what you have to say.

Still, why don't you actually tell us what you think they should do, instead of just being negative about anything that they DO do?
    Because if you were open to unpopular opinions, if you didn't automatically dismiss "negative" opinions as falsehoods, then maybe you would not be holding this stock at its historic lows. That's why you should care.
    12-05-13 08:01 PM
    Not just holding the stock, but touting it.
    I don't care if YOU pay attention to my posts - you have made up your mind and will continue to plow ahead no matter what. That's fine. I don't begrudge you your long held and emotional beliefs. I don't share them. I don't believe BlackBerry can succeed and that a breakup is inevitabe. I don't believe that every piece of good news is proof that the corner has been turned.

I am as entitled to my opinion as you are. And I would very much like everyone to make some money on this stock.
    12-05-13 08:07 PM
    I am as entitled to my opinion as you are. And I would very much like everyone to make some money on this stock.
    So aren't you going to share your brilliant strategy for the turnaround? You seem to think that this "startup" thing is suddenly the worst possible path, but you aren't going to share your own awesome plan for recovery?

I don't have you on ignore, currently, which means I am open to your opinion. I just get really peeved at all the armchair CEOs, you included, who can only manage to dismiss every idea, every action, every possibility that they come up with, yet who don't seem to be very interested in engaging in real discussion and presenting real, practical ideas for anything. Or have I just missed them?

Wait, don't tell me... they should just ditch BB10 and go with Android right? Because, seriously, if you think that, then you should probably steer well clear of the stock because it ain't ever going to happen.
    12-05-13 08:12 PM
    Because if you were open to unpopular opinions, if you didn't automatically dismiss "negative" opinions as falsehoods, then maybe you would not be holding this stock at its historic lows. That's why you should care.
    Maybe you should teach Prem the same lesson too?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 08:14 PM
    I didn't dismiss it as a "falsehood". If there were any facts involved, I could perhaps do that, but opinions can't be "false", at least if honestly held.

I made two points. One was that if one can make only negative comments, no matter what happens, then one probably has nothing valuable to add to a conversation.

The other point was that he had a chance to offer an alternative for how they could do better. Startup mode is bad? Q10 is bad? Z10 first is bad? Heins is bad? Chen is bad? Prem is bad? QNX is bad? Continual criticism is a cheap hack. Heck... it gets to the point where one would be totally shocked ever to see a positive comment from some of you. Is that too much to ask? Go ahead, shock us a little some day.
    12-05-13 08:19 PM
    You ever play brutal �King of the Hill� when you were young? When the King finally falls, everyone waiting their turn jumps on him kicking, punching, and holding him down to ensure he doesn�t get back up there again. The further he falls, the more jump on giving their shots.

Blackberry marketing needs to screw their heads on straight and acknowledge the BB brand isn�t going to compete with the hipsters and the Apple products they use. They need to focus on powerful people using their products to run the world the hipsters live in.

When Blackberry does that, then they�ll get the respect from the hipster analysts writing all the negative articles.

The End. lol
    Along the Marketing line, did anyone see the show Tuesday CNN-Anderson Coopers-360 Later with Anderson, Jeffrey Toobin(Lawyer), Hill Harper(Actor/Author), Amy Holmes(News Anchor+Cutie), Christiane Amanpour(SuperNews Woman+Super Cutie) one topic was the Difference Between Men & Womens Brains women being great multi-taskers. Ending piece to show was a what funny thing happened to you today, Christiane's was dropping her BB in a drain or grate I missed exactly where, Anderson & Tobin laughed, rolled their eyes, why do you have a BB ? Amy Holmes cuts in they are great I love my keyboard, you just got to have those key's. If you could just capture those little pieces of "powerful people using BB products to keep track, of the world", maybe a montage add of all these little bits. There's a hardcore group that will not leave their BB's behind, even if it goes down the drain grate.
    lcjr, JLagoon, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    12-05-13 09:15 PM
    ^^great idea! Someone should make a supercut of clips like that and make the ultimate montage of BlackBerry amazingness!

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    lcjr, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    12-05-13 09:32 PM
    I didn't dismiss it as a "falsehood". If there were any facts involved, I could perhaps do that, but opinions can't be "false", at least if honestly held.
    If you were to refer back to your comment that I had responded to (I even bolded it) you will note that you were using the "royal we". Therefore my comment was to the group and not to you personally.

I made two points. One was that if one can make only negative comments, no matter what happens, then one probably has nothing valuable to add to a conversation.
    Would you say that the same holds true for positive comments no matter what happens?

Charts that always predict a turn for the upside?
    12-05-13 09:45 PM
    ^^great idea! Someone should make a supercut of clips like that and make the ultimate montage of BlackBerry amazingness!

Oh yeah, start with the President of the United States, then go to dignitaries of other countries, then the rest of politically powerful influences. That would make a great clip or PowerPoint presentation.

Sent from my Note 3
    rarsen likes this.
    12-05-13 09:51 PM
    Who's got BlackBerry Express? I want this presentation on my desk by morning!

bungaboy likes this.
    12-05-13 09:59 PM
    What is Blackberry Express?

Sent from my Note 3
    12-05-13 10:03 PM
    Oh, sorry. Red wine flowing like the Red Sea tonight. Lol

Sent from my Note 3
    12-05-13 10:05 PM
113,256 ... 22542255225622572258 ...