View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Looks like both Bell and Telus would work?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20131236.png

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20131235.png

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    12-04-13 04:48 PM
    Looks like both Bell and Telus would work?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131236.png 
Views:	781 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	226994

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131235.png 
Views:	780 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	226995

I dont think that cDMA would allow third party carrier phone, locked or unlocked.
    12-04-13 05:01 PM
    Oh, I must admit I'm clueless on the technical aspects of this.

I got my Z30 from the UK and just crossed my fingers on it working on Virgin Mobile. Haha.

12-04-13 05:08 PM
    Send me your address and we'll get you an unlocked one from Canadiana no problem

Where can I get a unlocked one in Canada? Is a unlocked phone worse or the same as getting it from the carrier

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 05:09 PM
    Where can I get a unlocked one in Canada? Is a unlocked phone worse or the same as getting it from the carrier

Posted via CB10
    Just buy one and unlock it yourself for about $20.00. I am on Bell Canada and bought my Z30 from Telus, unlocked and was good to go.
    dusdal, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    12-04-13 05:48 PM
    Apart from the figures in this ER, the guidance from John Chen will be equally important. Probably even more so than the numbers. He did say 4 to 6 quarters for a turnaround. If he can shorten that period in his guidance, that would be quite positive. Wishful thinking.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, rarsen, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    12-04-13 06:11 PM
    One of the reasons I like this thread is that we cover many geographical areas, bringing different perspectives. Where I am in the U.S., a lot of people have legacy BlackBerries.

1. I've seen no evidence of BB10 market penetration. All BlackBerries I see are BB7. My Z10 is the only one I've even seen in the wild, aside from another woman buying a Z10 the same day I bought mine. I have seen no Q10s, other than my own.

2. I've continued putting my Z10 (running 10.2.1) into the hands of several contractors and government employees. Virtually everyone says "wow, that's cool" and is impressed, or at the least acknowledges that it is on par with the Droids and iPhones. That's the good side. Here's the downside:

- "Isn't BlackBerry going out of business?" I hear this a lot. Glad Mr. Chen is fighting back.
    - "That's so cool, I had NO IDEA this is what the new BlackBerries were like!"
    - "Oh cool, but my office just ordered a bunch of the old ones"

These reactions are why I reject the idea that BB10 is a failed OS. A failed phone would be one that people use and hate, and don't recommend to others (I'm remembering the Curve, specifically). BlackBerry should do everything to get these phones out there, and get people hooked on working with BB10 now. Your agency isn't going to upgrade for a while? That's ok, have some cheap Z10s. Their heads will explode.

3. This is my personal opinion, but after using a Z10 and Q10... the Z10 is just so much better. I now find the Q10 keyboard slow and annoying. If physical keyboards have a future, I think they need to be bigger (add a top row of numbers, and add separate punctuation keys), and they just need to be slicker to use.

Take away lesson? Don't assume that Q10s will be the big winner. All it takes is a little bit of training, and I think a lot of people will prefer the Z10.

4. It's late in the game, but I really think BlackBerry should release a killer tablet. I worry that Heins' attitude toward tablets will cost them clients who want an integrated ecosystem. At the very least, release BBMX for the desktop and tablets, and do it soon. BlackBerry should be a presence on every device.

That's the perspective from one part of the U.S. Have a good evening!
    12-04-13 06:13 PM
    This has been posted elsewhere on CB, but this is the WSJ's piece:
    Obama Sticks With BlackBerry ‘For Security Reasons’ - Washington Wire - WSJ

While President Barack Obama is a fan of the late Steve Jobs and has an Apple Inc. iPad, he acknowledged Wednesday that he can’t participate in the iPhone revolution.

“Now, I am not allowed, for security reasons, to have an iPhone,” Mr. Obama told a group of young people while pitching his signature health-care law at the White House. But he said his daughters, Sasha and Malia, do have iPhones and “seem to spend a lot of time” using them.

The president, who has a Blackberry, told Vanity Fair magazine in 2012 that he scans news headlines and surfs the Internet from his iPad. But still, he can’t have an iPhone.

Mr. Obama often jokes about the privileges and pitfalls of being president. During a townhall in 2011, the president was talking about high gas prices and lamented not being able to drive. “You know, Secret Service doesn’t let me get out and they don’t let me drive anymore.” (Vice President Joe Biden has also complained that the Secret Service doesn’t let him drive his 1967 Corvette.)

A Secret Service spokesman wasn’t immediately available to comment on why the president couldn’t have an iPhone. But smartphones can create headaches for world leaders, as Mr. Obama is well aware.

The disclosure that the U.S. monitored German Chancellor Angela Merkel‘s cell phone caused a diplomatic uproar. Mr. Obama assured her the U.S. wasn’t and wouldn’t monitor her phone calls–but the White House refused to say whether the National Security Agency had done so in the past.

Ms. Merkel used to use a Nokia, but switched to a BlackBerry.
    sidhuk, Randeman, bungaboy and 6 others like this.
    12-04-13 08:00 PM
    On the subject of BES10:
    'We're here to manage any device except Windows Phone' says BlackBerry - 04 Dec 2013 - Computing News

There is insufficient user demand to include support for Windows Phone on BlackBerry's mobile device management platform, the company has told Computing.

While echoing the company's latest "back to its roots" enterprise-focused message, senior director of enterprise product management at BlackBerry, Jeff Holleran, said that BlackBerry is now "here to manage any device".

With the upcoming 10.2 release of BlackBerry Enterprise Server, said Holleran, BlackBerry wants to "be clear" that the company "will manage devices beyond just BlackBerry devices".

"The next iteration of BES 10 continues to be a proof point of that," he told Computing.

"Our goal with 10.2 was to continue to expand on our legacy of device management. Our customer base is the largest out there - larger than any of the other vendors considered to be EMM or MDM vendors," Holleran claimed.

"We've got 30,000 BES 10 servers out there in test and production, in our customer base. That's a tremendous adoption number," he continued.

But despite the firm's determination to widen its scope, there's still no room for Windows Phone on the platform, Holleran revealed.

"We haven't had the demand from our customer base to prioritise the work," he said.

"Windows Phone is something we've been monitoring for a while now, and we're working with our customers to understand the demand as we look to make the investment there," he said.

"We're more than happy to manage any device, and I think you'll see us continue to go down the road as customers look for us to manage those, to put them into the portfolio."

Holleran also promoted the effectiveness of using both BES 10.2 and BlackBerry 10 mobile devices together, as security on the BB10 phones would still be distinctly improved over other phone platforms. "We're securing the devices at the manufacturing point," said Holleran.

Pointing out the continuing unpopularity of the BlackBerry 10 family in terms of price, understocked app store and various UI concerns among users, Computing asked Holleran to elaborate on the company's business plan to encourage enterprise users back into the fold.

"Being really on the software side of the business, I wouldn't be the right person to comment on the device side," Holleran replied.

Computing is waiting to hear back from BlackBerry about the game plan for BlackBerry 10 devices, and will update when possible.
    12-04-13 08:04 PM
    One of the reasons I like this thread is that we cover many geographical areas, bringing different perspectives. Where I am in the U.S., a lot of people have legacy BlackBerries.

1. I've seen no evidence of BB10 market penetration. All BlackBerries I see are BB7. My Z10 is the only one I've even seen in the wild, aside from another woman buying a Z10 the same day I bought mine. I have seen no Q10s, other than my own.

2. I've continued putting my Z10 (running 10.2.1) into the hands of several contractors and government employees. Virtually everyone says "wow, that's cool" and is impressed, or at the least acknowledges that it is on par with the Droids and iPhones. That's the good side. Here's the downside:

- "Isn't BlackBerry going out of business?" I hear this a lot. Glad Mr. Chen is fighting back.
    - "That's so cool, I had NO IDEA this is what the new BlackBerries were like!"
    - "Oh cool, but my office just ordered a bunch of the old ones"

These reactions are why I reject the idea that BB10 is a failed OS. A failed phone would be one that people use and hate, and don't recommend to others (I'm remembering the Curve, specifically). BlackBerry should do everything to get these phones out there, and get people hooked on working with BB10 now. Your agency isn't going to upgrade for a while? That's ok, have some cheap Z10s. Their heads will explode.

3. This is my personal opinion, but after using a Z10 and Q10... the Z10 is just so much better. I now find the Q10 keyboard slow and annoying. If physical keyboards have a future, I think they need to be bigger (add a top row of numbers, and add separate punctuation keys), and they just need to be slicker to use.

Take away lesson? Don't assume that Q10s will be the big winner. All it takes is a little bit of training, and I think a lot of people will prefer the Z10.

4. It's late in the game, but I really think BlackBerry should release a killer tablet. I worry that Heins' attitude toward tablets will cost them clients who want an integrated ecosystem. At the very least, release BBMX for the desktop and tablets, and do it soon. BlackBerry should be a presence on every device.

That's the perspective from one part of the U.S. Have a good evening!
    Good points, I have a Z10 and love it! I also think a tablet will be released next year. I really hate the way the media has such a negative outlook on BlackBerry and it really sways the general public in a huge way. I think Apple and Samsung are buying this negative press or are connected enough with media outlets to manipulate people. Call me a conspiracy theorist but it's true.

In Canada it's not as bad as the States but BlackBerry would be lucky to get 10% market share here.

They need to release a really killer/expensive device that gets people talking about how cool they are.

I was one of the ones who bought into Thors' plan of being midway through a 3 year rebuild but I am starting to have my doubts after a year of holding stocks.

I think BlackBerry needs to be an upper end product that wealthy business people or wannabe ballers don't mind paying extra for ie. Apple. They NEED to release a killer device!

Go Jets go!
    12-04-13 08:04 PM
    Lack of tablets is also a reason DOD looked elsewhere for additional support. Soldiers need tablets on a server out in the field for all the high tech war fighter equipment they run and for internal communications. If they had something more than the playbook this would be a different story as far as DoD. We have playbooks in the inventory but they just can't do what units need them to do.

Sent from my Note 3
    12-04-13 09:01 PM
    That being said, I am a big BB supporter and am excited to see they are on a new track. I also believe a new tablet for business should be released with powerful specs so organizations have a BB product to choose.

Sent from my Note 3
    12-04-13 09:05 PM
    Drinking red wine (not French) so this may just be rambling. Good to be posting on CB again though. Lol

Sent from my Note 3
    12-04-13 09:06 PM
    Samsung Knox Enterprise Security Plagued With "Delays & Programming Bugs" http://www.berryreview.com/2013/12/0...BerryReview%29

"Untested and unproven mobile solutions such as Samsung Knox�can be risky and can potentially pose threats to enterprises," Stephen Bates � BlackBerry exec in charge of enterprise sales
    12-04-13 09:11 PM
    NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily: Report - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/t...w/26875399.cms
    bungaboy, rarsen and plasmid_boy like this.
    12-04-13 09:17 PM
    Drinking red wine (not French) so this may just be rambling. Good to be posting on CB again though. Lol

Sent from my Note 3
    Cheers, Good Ol JD here. Never fails. Specially in ice cold weather.
    lcjr, bungaboy, Randeman and 1 others like this.
    12-04-13 09:36 PM
    NSA can track anything they want on me. Heck, they can go ahead and give me the winning lottery numbers and the young athletic sleazy nympho I've been googling and be done with it. Lol

Sent from my Note 3
    Corbu, sidhuk, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    12-04-13 09:37 PM
    Cheers, Good Ol JD here. Never fails. Specially in ice cold weather.
    Brown Foreman owns Jack and they aren't doing to shabby.
    http://m.nasdaq.com/symbol/bf-b

Sent from my Note 3
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    12-04-13 09:44 PM
    Brown Foreman owns Jack and they aren't doing to shabby.
    http://m.nasdaq.com/symbol/bf-b

Sent from my Note 3
    Thanks, I must buy that stock. Gonna ask Chief Morgan when is good entry point. Or Jlagoon for chart Mapping.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-04-13 09:59 PM
    Holidays, especially Nov - Dec are great times to cash in on those stocks. Price historically goes up through February due to large alcohol sales.

Sent from my Note 3
    12-04-13 10:05 PM
    Holidays, especially Nov - Dec are great times to cash in on those stocks. Price historically goes up through February due to large alcohol sales.

Sent from my Note 3
    More like Costco stock?
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    12-04-13 10:11 PM
    Yup.

Sent from my Note 3
    12-04-13 10:19 PM
    BlackBerry is a buy from 6 to 7 dollars target 12 dollars taking my investment out and letting the profit run. got in at $6.20 we still have naked poc from a few month back.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 11:21 PM
    Hi, and welcome to the thread.

What is your thesis for the $12 target?

12-05-13 12:19 AM
    12-05-13 12:51 AM
113,256 ... 22512252225322542255 ...