View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Customers Test BlackBerry's Latest Enterprise Mobility Solution - MarketWatch

Customers Test BlackBerry's Latest Enterprise Mobility Solution
    - New version of BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 available globally - Morgan Stanley, Boeing, Aneurin Bevan University Health Board and Secusmart testing BES10 version 10.2 - Customers have installed nearly 30,000 BES10 commercial and test servers around the world

WATERLOO, ONTARIO, Dec 03, 2013 (Marketwired via COMTEX) -- Editors Note: There is a video associated with this press release.

BlackBerry(R) BBRY -0.31% CA:BB +1.49% today announced enhancements to its award-winning multi-OS enterprise mobility management (EMM) solution with the release of BlackBerry(R) Enterprise Service 10 (BES10) version 10.2. BES10 customers including Morgan Stanley, Boeing, Aneurin Bevan University Health Board and Secusmart are currently participating in the BES10 version 10.2 Early Adopter and Beta programs, and are running the new version in a test environment.

To date, customers have installed nearly 30,000 BES10 commercial and test servers around the world. Organizations continue to choose BlackBerry because it is the most proven and trusted enterprise mobility management (EMM) solution, supporting iOS(R), Android(TM) and BlackBerry smartphones. That is why Secusmart, a leading expert in the field of highly secure mobile voice and data communication, uses BES10, and chose to be an early adopter of version 10.2.

"Secusmart's needs an EMM solution that can enable our workforce to be more productive and connected, while maintaining our strict security standards and not compromising on our end user experience," said Dr. Hans-Christoph Quelle, CEO of Secusmart. "BES10 provides the necessary functionality and security for our employees and has truly exceeded our expectations. We've benefitted tremendously from BlackBerry's single, secure multi-platform connectivity model to mobilize our business and empower our employees to be more productive and better equipped to serve our customers."

Recently named the Best Mobile Device Management Software for 2013 by UK enterprise IT publication V3, BES10 is the only enterprise mobility management solution capable of delivering comprehensive management and security for devices, apps and content across iOS, Android and BlackBerry devices, all easily managed through a single console. Backed by industry leading global support services, BES10 offers a seamless, scalable and cost-effective way to truly mobilize businesses, enabling organizations to balance end user and corporate needs without compromising security.

"There's a huge opportunity in the enterprise market for vendors that can meet customer requirements for full turn-key solutions for their security and enterprise mobility management demands," says Stacy Crook, Research Director, Mobile Enterprise at IDC. "By adding features that support BYOD across any device type, self-service, scalability, and the flexibility to build mobile management into business processes, BlackBerry's latest release of BES10 demonstrates the company's ongoing commitment to its enterprise customer base."

"We enable any organization or government agency to manage iOS, Android and BlackBerry devices without compromising security," said Stephen Bates, Head of the Enterprise Business Unit at BlackBerry. "No other mobile vendor has the same level of trusted and proven security as BlackBerry. We've achieved this with an end-to-end multi-platform solution that's secured at the device, server and network layer. And now BES10 version 10.2 provides even more tools to help manage BYOD environments and achieve cost efficiencies."

BES10 version 10.2 brings key new features to the EMM solution, including:

-- Expanded Multi-Platform support: Includes Secure Work Space support for
    iOS 7 background email sync, API support allowing the automation of
    BES10 functions for iOS and Android devices through BlackBerry Web
    Services, and dynamic support for iOS and Android OS updates, which
    allows IT administrators to create activation and application
    distribution rules for the latest iOS and Android devices that employees
    bring into the organization, without requiring a server upgrade.
    -- BYOD Enrolment for iOS and Android: truly enable BYOD by allowing
    administrators to manage only the Secure Work Space container on iOS and
    Android devices, thereby providing BYOD users with the assurance that
    the personal information and apps on their device remains in their
    control.
    -- Self-Service Portal: A self-service portal enables users to perform
    device management tasks on their own, meaning fewer calls to IT, lower
    TCO and more control to users.
    -- Reduced Cost: BES10 now easily scales to support 100,000 devices per
    domain, with any mix of BlackBerry, iOS and Android devices, reducing
    the number of servers and resources required for large scale
    deployments, and significantly reducing costs.

BES10 version 10.2 server software is free to download at BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 - BES 10 - Mobile Device Management - - US.

BlackBerry's Global Enterprise Support Services

Customers are actively taking advantage of BlackBerry's global enterprise support services. The company provides support to enterprise customers in more than 90 countries, with some of the largest device deployments across a variety of industries, including Health Care, Public Safety, Finance, Public Sector, Education and more.

BlackBerry Care Support is included when customers deploy BES10. It comes with 12x5 electronic access to experts at BlackBerry for two named IT administrators with a next business day response, as well as access to training, productivity and diagnostic tools. Additional levels of technical support services are also available, including support for BES10 deployments with iOS and Android devices.

In addition, BlackBerry is introducing BlackBerry Software Assurance. This new service offering helps customers upgrade to BES10 from earlier versions of BES. BlackBerry Software Assurance is included with the "Advantage" level or higher technical support or as a standalone annual subscription service for customers who may not require full support. For more information about BlackBerry's technical support services, visit BlackBerry Technical Support Services - US.
    12-02-13 11:20 PM
    They won back Morgan Stanley....at least for now!
    snejpa, dusdal, bungaboy and 10 others like this.
    12-03-13 01:21 AM
    Clever move to mention Secusmart, though they are probably pretty small. Secusmart got a lot of media buzz in Germany with the "Merkel-phone". They are considered as the trusted security experts capable of fighting the NSA
    Overall the adoption of BES10 seems to go reasonable well, considering that BlackBerry announced 19000 test server installations in June and 25000 in September.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 01:24 AM
    Yes it's a very clever release imo as well.

MS is a big one.

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    12-03-13 01:59 AM
    Now after doing a bit PR with open letter followed by BES announcement, they should have something to deliver. How about the release of Cloud Mobility Management? If the solution is pretty simple they even could sell it to the consumer side.
    12-03-13 06:00 AM
    Now after doing a bit PR with open letter followed by BES announcement, they should have something to deliver. How about the release of Cloud Mobility Management? If the solution is pretty simple they even could sell it to the consumer side.
    +1K
    Count me as an instant adopter.
    12-03-13 06:45 AM
    Some more news. At first it may sound negative but it's really positive...
    Canadian Commissioner Wants Officials to Switch From BlackBerry Messenger

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/1...oofinance&_r=0
    12-03-13 07:17 AM
    M8, did you ever posted what's your bbm channel for investment?

Please let me know.

Posted via CB10
    Hi lucky2010!!

They aren't ready yet, it is the content of a channel that takes so much time to develop. I have two of them, one for general market investments and a more private one for the latest in trading ideas. I'll launch them in the coming weeks, think of me as BlackBerry, "you know you want their latest products but they take forever to finally give to you what they promised you months ago". LOL
    12-03-13 09:13 AM
    Can someone explain to me why there is pretty much zero time value on the HALO $10 strike march '14 calls? With stock over 15 why are these only worth $5.40? Whereas the 12.50 and 15 strikes do have some decent time value. Am I reading this right?
    The premium has been taken away as the stock passes through the strike price. The cost of the Call is so high that the inherent risk is no longer worth the investment risk due to the potentially large downside losses. It is just as easy now to buy the stock on margin at this point. You are going to see a $ .20/option premium until expiry. The options with the highest beta or volatility are those that are trading at a strike price just above the cash price of the stock. The risk/reward is is much greater as the option costs much less than a deep in the money Call does. HALO is tracking higher, all of the biotechs made it through the Nov.30th date for Funds to sell off some winners against their losers, we can see stocks like HALO continue to move higher into the end of this year and early next year. Against this back drop HALO continues to come out with great news. I'm selling $ 15.00 strike Calls on my block of stock to get out of it by mid January. I wish I could sell some this week and go into my next trade! Good luck.
    Randeman, take99, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    12-03-13 09:22 AM
    think of me as BlackBerry, "you know you want their latest products but they take forever to finally give to you what they promised you months ago". LOL

That's awesome, M8!
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    12-03-13 09:24 AM

I have two of them, one for general market investments and a more private one for the latest in trading ideas.
    Morgan, don't be to exclusive...; There are a couple of guys here, who honour your insight more quietly, but still honour it sincere and grateful.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 09:58 AM
    Some more good news about android and apple devices for the military must return to BlackBerry.

http://berryflow.com/pentagon-discon...erry-solution/

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, morganplus8, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    12-03-13 11:20 AM
    Some more good news about android and apple devices for the military must return to BlackBerry.

Pentagon Personnel Revert Back to BlackBerry |
    Yeah, but return to 9930s, not BB10. Not sure this is particularly good news for anyone. (Nice to see something that doesn't just trash BB on all fronts though, for what that's worth.)
    12-03-13 11:55 AM
    Volume is Low, shorts still showing confidence.
    Chen is working hard to build up pro consumer confidence in the blackberry. I think it is also important to build investor's confidence at the same times because, they both go hand in hand. I am wondering what he may or might have it in the pipe line to fix up investor's confidence? if he can do this before this months earnings announcement?
    Forcing the shorts to buy back with some clever technical split strategy and using that momentum to buy some more time until he has something real positive to report (such as re brand bb11, xbbm video/audio/channels, new handsets, deployments of cloud management and BES 10.2 etc. would be a great move. then again he has seen this movie before and i am just being speculative here. he has to scare the shorts and change the open season mind set about blackberry.
    Oh, There should be a way to visit the channels from desktop. I seen some where SF was working on some way to do this.
    12-03-13 12:04 PM
    Chen is working hard to build up pro consumer confidence in the blackberry. I think it is also important to build investor's confidence at the same times because, they both go hand in hand. I am wondering what he may or might have it in the pipe line to fix up investor's confidence? if he can do this before this months earnings announcement?
    I'm not really expecting any short-term changes, and maybe still more badness at ER. Remember who hired Chen: the (self-proclaimed, if nothing else) king of long-term views. I'm pretty sure his first instructions to Chen were not "I want you to boost the stock price, stat!"

If anything, he probably said the opposite. "Don't worry about the stock price. Just make the right decisions for the long-term success of the company, and the stock will follow." Not that I'd think a guy like Chen needs to be told that...
    sidhuk, plasmid_boy, jxnb and 6 others like this.
    12-03-13 12:14 PM
    TORONTO (Reuters) - The number of large business and government clients that have installed or are testing BlackBerry Ltd's mobile device management service has risen roughly 20 percent over the past six months

BlackBerry says making headway with corporate, government clients - Yahoo Finance
    12-03-13 12:54 PM
    What's the actual operational number excluding test servers? That's the key question.
    kfh227 likes this.
    12-03-13 01:02 PM
    What's the actual operational number excluding test servers? That's the key question.
    Sure that might be the 'key question', but the 'key data' is that the combined number increased 20%.
    Good news no matter how you slice it.
    12-03-13 01:11 PM
    Sure that might be the 'key question', but the 'key data' is that the combined number increased 20%.
    Good news no matter how you slice it.
    Not if you just Can't Grasp Knowledge!
    sidhuk, Greened and kfh227 like this.
    12-03-13 01:42 PM
    12-03-13 02:01 PM
    87% of the Fortune 500 relies on BlackBerry. With over 30,000 BES10 commercial and test servers installed to date around the world, our multi-platform user base counts more customers than MobileIron, Good, and AirWatch put together, and includes the world’s top ten banking and automotive firms

BlackBerry has more security certifications from more government agencies than any other MDM vendor. What’s more, BlackBerry is the only vendor to be awarded an ‘Authority to Operate’ certification from the US Department of Defense. So when our competitors make the claim that their solution is more secure, ask to see their Pentagon pass.
    12-03-13 02:08 PM
    Meanwhile, it seems as if nothing, not the slightest bit of good news will manage to get the SP to move up... Man, we are a patient and tenacious bunch!
    rarsen, Randeman and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-03-13 02:30 PM
    Meanwhile, it seems as if nothing, not the slightest bit of good news will manage to get the SP to move up... Man, we are a patient and tenacious bunch!
    Or really stupid... I hear you Corbu!....lets get this baby moving up!
    12-03-13 02:33 PM
    Yeap I agree with both of you. I think this new ceo will be taking blackberry in the right direction and hopeful SP will move up over the long term
    Corbu, bigbadben10 and bungaboy like this.
    12-03-13 02:39 PM
    Or really stupid...
    !!!

Indeed, the thought crossed my mind... but we know better! Though it is killing me, I'll still hang on, no problem...

I really wonder what it will take to get this baby to move up. I guess this is what you get after a few years of poor management. Turning such a ship around is no easy task. On the positive side, I like what John Chen has done in the last 4 weeks. A good start. Let's keep pressing ahead.
    bigbadben10 and bungaboy like this.
    12-03-13 02:40 PM
113,256 ... 22462247224822492250 ...