View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Inevitable...so really what will happen is people will HATE their locked down device equally...

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it will be their own device. It will be just like it is now where the organization buys the devices and signs them out to authorized users. DoD going multiple devices and brands to get better competitive prices and warranty. To be honest, BB had the chance to be the sole choice but didn't have the tablets and other devices at the time they decided do go this route.

Sent from my Note 3
    11-30-13 11:08 PM
    I don't think it will be their own device. It will be just like it is now where the organization buys the devices and signs them out to authorized users. DoD going multiple devices and brands to get better competitive prices and warranty. To be honest, BB had the chance to be the sole choice but didn't have the tablets and other devices at the time they decided do go this route.

Sent from my Note 3
    Yeah, we are going through the same thing in our house...wifey wants a tablet...not too much I can say to that lol.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-30-13 11:23 PM
    Lots of options out there right now and they are all good really. I'm waiting for the 12.2 from Samsung in a few months, but their new Note 10.1 2014 edition is the most powerful out right now.

Sent from my Note 3
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    11-30-13 11:35 PM
    12-01-13 08:49 AM
    Lots of options out there right now and they are all good really. I'm waiting for the 12.2 from Samsung in a few months, but their new Note 10.1 2014 edition is the most powerful out right now.

Sent from my Note 3
    I used z30 for few weeks before trading it because mine was purchased from UK and wouldnt do LTE in canada.
    I did buy an LG G2 which is also the "most powerful" phone. It has been few weeks now and i can tell you that i still have not gotten use to this phone yet. I would have kept the G2 if it wasn't for the z30 taste that i had with signal and call sound quality plus the keyboard.
    I am not sure what is the definition of "powerful or most powerful" is?
    Despite having "less powerful" specks on Z30 than G2, i was able to use the z30 phone where iphone5 and G2 wouldn't work because of poor signal and call quality.
    I know that z30 had the faster browser.
    I am going back to z30 this week. Plus i can use most android apps on it now even the one i purchased for G2.
    For me signal first. Second call quality then battery life then keyboard then screen and rest comes after. I feel that anything 1.7 and above is fast enough processors. Bb10 os is fast.

Edit: my son updated his z10 to the latest 10.2.1 yesterday and i can say that it made z10 a very good phone. The $200 unlocked deal for z10 out there is the best deal for any phone period.

I must add that you were talking about tablets and this is not directed as a negative on your conversation bro.
    Last edited by sidhuk; 12-01-13 at 09:58 AM.
    12-01-13 09:45 AM
    I wish BlackBerry could somehow corner the market on those "super-secure" phones...
    How Deutsche Telekom aims to turn mobile phones into Fort Knox | Technology | theguardian.com

I was reading this (NSA Probably Couldn't Crack Merkel's BlackBerry) and thinking about the idea that was brought up earlier on this thread of BlackBerry purchasing (ideally) or getting together with Secusmart... Pretty good idea, it seems to me. For some reason, though, I don't get the feeling that John Chen is contemplating moving in that direction.
    3_M4N likes this.
    12-01-13 10:07 AM
    No doubt we are living in a world with many options. Whether phone or tablet, there are plenty of choices and all of them have their individual merits. If Blackberry keeps to their time line for the Z50 it will coincide perfectly with my Verizon upgrade plan. Probably go with Samsung tablet though since BB doesn't have a new one.

Sent from my Note 3
    Shanerredflag and sidhuk like this.
    12-01-13 10:39 AM
    Can you imagine a PlayBook with octacore and running the latest BB10OS...with bridge, that would be a remarkable tablet!!

Here's to hope.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-01-13 10:49 AM
    Can you imagine a PlayBook with octacore and running the latest BB10OS...with bridge, that would be a remarkable tablet!!

Here's to hope.
    Now that would be awesome. I'm really excited to hear their plans and hope another device time line surfaces eventually. Who knows, maybe once they get back on track a surprise will be released.

Sent from my Note 3
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    12-01-13 11:02 AM
    Interesting as I got the G2 after using a Z10 and I just can't get used to it. My company (a Fortune 500) has asked all employees to migrate away from BB10 due to not being able to manage the devices with Airwatch. I have to say I was ready to purchase a Z30 but now feel with the G2 I have taken a giant step back. My company has also stated it will migrate away from Blackberry 100% (iOS 7 devices) by end of 2015. Note: I am a long time BB stock holder.
    12-01-13 11:07 AM
    Chumming the waters.
    sidhuk likes this.
    12-01-13 01:46 PM
    Interesting as I got the G2 after using a Z10 and I just can't get used to it. My company (a Fortune 500) has asked all employees to migrate away from BB10 due to not being able to manage the devices with Airwatch. I have to say I was ready to purchase a Z30 but now feel with the G2 I have taken a giant step back. My company has also stated it will migrate away from Blackberry 100% (iOS 7 devices) by end of 2015. Note: I am a long time BB stock holder.
    Convince them to upgrade to BES10!
    Korepab, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    12-01-13 04:06 PM
    I am sure many criminal elements will be celebrating . The Germans had to learn the hard way and so to will others.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-01-13 05:55 PM
    I am sure many criminal elements will be celebrating . The Germans had to learn the hard way and so to will others.

Posted via CB10
    In addition to criminals, I have been reading reports of people being denied entry into the US for health related reasons which the US should not have known legally. Either they hacked the the info or the authorities handed the info illegally.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 06:14 PM
    Just thinking out loud but one of my customers waited for the Q5 before they switched, (several thousand units)...I can only assume the limited feature Z would be for the same reason...larger corps need a cheaper all touch option.

As an aside, they locked the Q5's down so hard many many still carry a second device for personal use...mixture of platforms but lots of folks opted for the Q10 and Z's because they love the OS now that they're used to it.

Posted via CB10
    This doesn't make sense. What do you mean by locked down "? Isn't this the whole point of BlackBerry Balance? I have a corporate issued BB10 and I can do anything I want on the "persons" profile.

Posted via CB10
    Randeman likes this.
    12-01-13 07:29 PM
    Props to BenAKL, the original poster of this decent Z30 review, in another CB thread:
    Back in Black with the BlackBerry Z30 - Channel NewsAsia
    12-01-13 07:35 PM
    This doesn't make sense. What do you mean by locked down "? Isn't this the whole point of BlackBerry Balance? I have a corporate issued BB10 and I can do anything I want on the "persons" profile.

Posted via CB10
    I think it's up to the IT department as to how much you can do..
    These folks don't have any personal side enabled.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 07:46 PM
    These folks don't have any personal side enabled. (at least the ones that I'm aware of do not).

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 07:54 PM
    These folks don't have any personal side enabled.

Posted via CB10
    Quite possible I suppose

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 07:57 PM
    http://www.valuewalk.com/2013/12/bla...d-bbry-news-2/

USB places 10.00 target on BBRY.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 07:35 AM
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) Upcoming Catalysts From UBS

USB places 10.00 target on BBRY.

Posted via CB10
    Their proof reading isn't very good . . . they left out a zero before the decimal place.
    12-02-13 08:20 AM
    12-02-13 08:58 AM
    Thank you. That is impressive. Chen should visit Brazil soon to adjust attitudes.
    morganplus8, Corbu, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    12-02-13 09:13 AM
    OT - hey M8! while researching more bio stocks, just like halo and xoma, baker bros are also buying Arrowhead Research Corp ($ARWR) which also tends to have a lot of potential. I know you like to keep it short since its a bb thread but what are your thoughts on this one? been on fire lately. thanks!
    12-02-13 09:18 AM
    WOW look at all the volume
    12-02-13 09:22 AM
113,250 ... 22432244224522462247 ...