View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I wonder if BlackBerry would consider acquiring a company like Secusmart, in order to provide the additional software/hardware required by these government agencies.

When a company or business needs BlackBerrys to be secured, why not purchase the additional layers of security from BlackBerry itself?
    I've had the same question in the back of my head, but I believe it relates primarily to encryption of the actual phone calls. I could totally be wrong, but I don't think a BB10 phone offers any particular encryption for regular phone calls, so although it's got top-notch security for data (when that's used), it can't help protect your conversations. It sounds like the Secusmart hardware adds that capability, and ... more?
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    11-30-13 11:38 AM
    OT. what is the latest stable working leak? i been trying to find out the one that works with google playstore. thanks in advance. beta os thread is bit too confusing.
    11-30-13 11:48 AM
    OT. what is the latest stable working leak? i been trying to find out the one that works with google playstore. thanks in advance. beta os thread is bit too confusing.
    FWIW I am using 10.2.1.1055 on my Z30 and a spare Z10 I have. Both work fine for me. But, I'm just an old geezer civil engineer who knows SFA about electrons.
    11-30-13 11:57 AM
    Interesting infograph from November. The results do not include BlackBerry devices. The graph making skills are a bit suspect, especially for Indonesia.

The findings are based on a survey conducted by On Device of nearly 4,000 Android and iOS users in the U.S., Brazil, South Africa, Indonesia, and China. The % indicates the use, atleast once a week, of each app.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-top-3-messenger-apps.png

Read more: WhatsApp Emerges As The Leading Mobile Messaging App - Business Insider
    rarsen, BlackistheBerry and zyben like this.
    11-30-13 12:19 PM
    Hey LCJR,

Any new news you can share about BES10 or BB10 adaption by DOD since your last update?
    Thanks.
    I know almost all organizations are currently conducting a software update and re - image on the current device (9900). Give me a bit to find out the progress of upgrading to the BB 10 devices and software. I can also say that despite what is being posted by negative analysts, I don't know any organization dropping Blackberry. I should know more by tomorrow after I call my IT buddies tonight.

Sent from my Note 3
    11-30-13 01:04 PM
    FWIW I am using 10.2.1.1055 on my Z30 and a spare Z10 I have. Both work fine for me. But, I'm just an old geezer civil engineer who knows SFA about electrons.
    Me too, works fine on my Z10. One problem I found is that it couldn't format a 64G SD card, so I had to format it using a laptop.
    I'm using Android Store to access Google Play store.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    11-30-13 03:14 PM
    Me too, works fine on my Z10. One problem I found is that it couldn't format a 64G SD card, so I had to format it using a laptop.
    I'm using Android Store to access Google Play store.

Posted via CB10
    There was a thread on 64GB SD Cards a while back. Not sure if .1055 was the issue. But you got it working so that is the main thing.
    plasmid_boy and sidhuk like this.
    11-30-13 03:31 PM
    What's SFA mean???

Lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 04:41 PM
    Hello all. Don't know if this is good news or not but it has to do with the Z50 that everyone's been expecting as the next release. Info I have is that the next release will be the Z5 or whatever they're going to call it, i.e. a lower end device similar to the Q5 and targeted at lower end markets. Development costs were too high to scrap it if you were going to ask why. Which is what I did.

In light of the fact that Z10's are being discounted (on contracts) to zero $ at many outlets around the globe.....I'll ask again. Why?? The news really upset me but if any of you can counter with some positives, I won't feel so bad. I don't know a lot about the Q5 because I'm the very happy owner of a new Q10 and wasn't interested in a discounted, less featured version.

If this is old news, I apologize but I've not seen anything on the board excepting the Z50 rumours. Help me out here......Blackberry by Motorola - A GOOGLE Company!!!
    11-30-13 04:47 PM
    Hello all. Don't know if this is good news or not but it has to do with the Z50 that everyone's been expecting as the next release. Info I have is that the next release will be the Z5 or whatever they're going to call it, i.e. a lower end device similar to the Q5 and targeted at lower end markets. Development costs were too high to scrap it if you were going to ask why. Which is what I did.

In light of the fact that Z10's are being discounted (on contracts) to zero $ at many outlets around the globe.....I'll ask again. Why?? The news really upset me but if any of you can counter with some positives, I won't feel so bad. I don't know a lot about the Q5 because I'm the very happy owner of a new Q10 and wasn't interested in a discounted, less featured version.

If this is old news, I apologize but I've not seen anything on the board excepting the Z50 rumours. Help me out here......Blackberry by Motorola - A GOOGLE Company!!!
    Just thinking out loud but one of my customers waited for the Q5 before they switched, (several thousand units)...I can only assume the limited feature Z would be for the same reason...larger corps need a cheaper all touch option.

As an aside, they locked the Q5's down so hard many many still carry a second device for personal use...mixture of platforms but lots of folks opted for the Q10 and Z's because they love the OS now that they're used to it.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, bungaboy, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    11-30-13 04:56 PM
    OT Damn. Why did I sell my Air Canada Stock at 4.90 (this thing is on the rise!). Blah. Anywhoo, I'm still around here just seeing what people post. No stocks for a while. But damn, if anyone has any insider info....................... lol.

Go BB!

Ran outta party pics at the moment.
    11-30-13 05:03 PM
    What's SFA mean???
    The last word is "all". The other two would both be censored on here but each have four letters. It's another way to say "zilch", commonly used by old geezer civil engineers. And you know what they say about civil engineers!
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    11-30-13 05:41 PM
    The last word is "all". The other two would both be censored on here but each have four letters. It's another way to say "zilch", commonly used by old geezer civil engineers. And you know what they say about civil engineers!
    LOL...I'm leaving that one well alone. haha

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 and sidhuk like this.
    11-30-13 05:45 PM

Hey there bud, long time no chat. Lol. Yeah, supposedly the lower end device is coming out the first quarter of 14 and the Z50 comes out sometime 3rd or 4th quarter. Exciting news!

Sent from my Note 3
    11-30-13 06:13 PM
    The numbers of channels seem to grow fast. It looks like channels are adapted in a really good way, or what do you think?
    I would love to hear some numbers about this from BlackBerry. But probably they wait until they have launched it on android and iphone.
    Like the channels a lot and planning to release my first channel soon. Working within the field of visual arts I only wish you could publish videos too.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 06:27 PM
    First word has 5 letters "Sweet". Second word ----. LoL
    11-30-13 06:47 PM
    First word has 5 letters "Sweet". Second word ----. LoL
    Haha....
    Many years ago I had to modify an X-ray generator to get the type of data needed for my thesis. In the parts bin there were a few pieces labeled NFG. I asked the engineer what that meant, he said "you are too young to know, but let's just say it stands for Not Functioning Good". LOL
    Now I say the thing to my students.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 07:51 PM
    Haha....
    Many years ago I had to modify an X-ray generator to get the type of data needed for my thesis. In the parts bin there were a few pieces labeled NFG. I asked the engineer what that meant, he said "you are too young to know, but let's just say it stands for Not Functioning Good". LOL
    Now I say the thing to my students.

Posted via CB10
    NFG is definitely an Engineering term. I use it frequently in my field of practice. LoL

From my Z30 via CB10
    11-30-13 08:37 PM
    Well, another good news on the BES10 front :

BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 wins 'Best Mobile Management Software' award at this year's V3 Technology Awards.

http://www.v3.co.uk/v3-uk/news/23099...gy-awards-2013
    Best business phone is galaxy note 2... against the q10, say what?
    Otech#CB, Korepab and sidhuk like this.
    11-30-13 09:15 PM
    Blackberry Z10 for $199 and free shipping. Hmmm... Tempting.

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2013/1...ode-but-hurry/

Straight from Blackberry: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=fbm3UPPb
    11-30-13 09:34 PM
    Hey there bud, long time no chat. Lol. Yeah, supposedly the lower end device is coming out the first quarter of 14 and the Z50 comes out sometime 3rd or 4th quarter. Exciting news!

Sent from my Note 3
    Well I hope it's exciting news Len!! Always the optimist, you are. Good to see you considering another buy in.....need all the help we can get lol. Hey I can let a handful of my shares go for, let's say, $13.00/per?? Good deal, no??
    lcjr likes this.
    11-30-13 09:39 PM
    Ok, not so good news here. DoD is moving away from only BB. DISA is standing up a MDM server and will start adding users 1 Jan 14. This will allow organizations to migrate from BB to MD. We will see a lot more activity after the first of the year. We'll have multiple brands on the server, but they won't be like civilian corporation's BYOD. On DISA server, all brands will be locked down the same. Wish I had better news, but organizations will still be buying BB devices and if you recall, BB is contributing to the server software package.

Sent from my Note 3
    11-30-13 10:13 PM
    Inevitable...so really what will happen is people will HATE their locked down device equally...

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 10:16 PM
    Lots of reading, but this answers most questions.
    http://www.disa.mil/Services/Enterpr...ice-Management

Sent from my Note 3
    11-30-13 10:45 PM
    Blackberry Z10 for $199 and free shipping. Hmmm... Tempting.

BlackBerry Z10 SIM-free price offer code, but hurry » Phone Reviews

Straight from Blackberry: BlackBerry US Online Store
    I thought they'd try this $199 blow out with more days left in the quarter. This is 'free' cash inflow on the quarterly report...ending Nov 30 (today). So maybe this Q is gonna be really bad, and they are starting to get in gear for next Q with big income tax refund, and blowing out the written off inventory. I will save my powder for averaging down until after earnings. Might even sell out before earnings and watch the ER from the sidelines.
    11-30-13 10:58 PM
113,256 ... 22422243224422452246 ...