View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I cannot find this on Nasdaq. For BB TSX, this shows that Fairfax increased its stake by 19%, Hamblin Watsa by 13%, and Mike L. by 10%.

http://www.stockhouse.com/companies/...ostid=21952523
    ibpluto, Randeman, dusdal and 9 others like this.
    11-29-13 09:25 AM
    I cannot find this on Nasdaq. For BB TSX, this shows that Fairfax increased its stake by 19%, Hamblin Watsa by 13%, and Mike L. by 10%.

http://www.stockhouse.com/companies/...ostid=21952523
    Written by people that don't know what they are saying.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 09:55 AM
    Good morning gang. I've been a way for a bit but thought I'd drop in on you guys to see how you all are doing. Everything here is fine and I hope you all are also. I'm at work bored so I'm looking at these cheap share prices and getting very tempted.
    11-29-13 09:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry - BBRY - Stock Quotes
    11-29-13 10:12 AM
    I would, except I don't want to burn my source for my future orders! Will see what I can do though.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    11-29-13 10:19 AM
    Good morning gang. I've been a way for a bit but thought I'd drop in on you guys to see how you all are doing. Everything here is fine and I hope you all are also. I'm at work bored so I'm looking at these cheap share prices and getting very tempted.
    Dammit!! Good to hear you are fine!! Try to post a bit here and maybe look at this play again, new management, no management, no products, great software, you won't even recognize it ! Chen will be telling us all about his plans for the future and you would be surprised at how many people want to trade in their S4's and iPhones 5's to get a Z30! Just Google, "Kijiji - Toronto - BlackBerry - Z30" and look at all the dreamers who want to own a Z30, no surprise there. Welcome back!

Cell phone sale: Blackberrys, Ipods, Smartphones, Touch Screens, 3g, Unlocked. Toronto (GTA) Classifieds.
    lcjr, Corbu, Randeman and 7 others like this.
    11-29-13 10:34 AM
    Dammit!! Good to hear you are fine!! Try to post a bit here and maybe look at this play again, new management, no management, no products, great software, you won't even recognize it ! Chen will be telling us all about his plans for the future and you would be surprised at how many people want to trade in their S4's and iPhones 5's to get a Z30! Just Google, "Kijiji - Toronto - BlackBerry - Z30" and look at all the dreamers who want to own a Z30, no surprise there. Welcome back!

Cell phone sale: Blackberrys, Ipods, Smartphones, Touch Screens, 3g, Unlocked. Toronto (GTA) Classifieds.
    Thanks Morgan and all. Yeah, I've been reading/researching BB for a bit now and am quite caught up on current events. That's why I'm so tempted to jump back in here next week. I'm not a millionaire so I'll have to do like last time and buy back in slowly and in stages (paydays). lol. The latest you guys won't care for much is I've traded in my 9930 for the Note 3 because the screen is bigger. 9930 is in the drawer waiting to be sold. That being said, I won't have access to "channels" until BB does something about that or I buy the upcoming Z50 when it comes out next year. I'm on Verizon't new plan so I can trade up every 6 months now. So, if you guys don't mind I'd like to re-join you all and get ready to celebrate Blackberry's comeback. At $6.xx how can I not?
    11-29-13 10:47 AM
    11-29-13 11:13 AM
    A bit OT, but interesting nonetheless, on the matter of IP and patents owned by Google...

How Many Patents Does Google Have? Plenty | MIT Technology Review

The search giant says patents are rubbish. Yet it’s accumulating more of them than ever.
    11-29-13 11:18 AM
    Do you think BB will announce the earning warning or earning early like last time ?
    11-29-13 11:37 AM
    I suppose it depends where market consensus is or if there is another significant write-down.

Does anyone have analyst EPS consensus for the quarter?

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 11:44 AM
    I am guessing we can expect Q10/Q5 write downs this quarter. I am sure they made tons q10 based on how TH managed z10.
    11-29-13 11:53 AM
    I suppose it depends where market consensus is or if there is another significant write-down.

Does anyone have analyst EPS consensus for the quarter?

Posted via CB10
    I was just looking at this before you posted. From the NASDAQ website:

BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) Analyst Estimate Momentum - NASDAQ.com
    bungaboy, rarsen, dusdal and 1 others like this.
    11-29-13 11:54 AM
    I am guessing we can expect Q10/Q5 write downs this quarter. I am sure they made tons q10 based on how TH managed z10.
    The thing is that Thor anticipated Z:Q sales of 3:1.

Somehow that was reversed in the discussion, but I do distinctly remember him anticipating much higher sales of the touch screen due to general market trends.

So, Q write-downs, if necessary, shouldn't be as significant as those for the Z were.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 12:00 PM
    Here's a Value Investor channel that popped up

C00270EB3

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 12:01 PM
    Maybe Q10s but do we even know how many Q5s were actually produced? I would think that by the stage they went into production they were able to cut production orders? I doubt the q5 and z30 were made in significant numbers - well at least you would hope so.
    Otech#CB likes this.
    11-29-13 12:01 PM
    I was just looking at this before you posted. From the NASDAQ website:

BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) Analyst Estimate Momentum - NASDAQ.com
    Cheers!

Ugly consensus. Which is welcomed! Haha hope it stays there.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 12:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    CNBC indicates the same data:

BlackBerry - BBRY - Stock Quotes
    11-29-13 12:10 PM
    Maybe Q10s but do we even know how many Q5s were actually produced? I would think that by the stage they went into production they were able to cut production orders? I doubt the q5 and z30 were made in significant numbers - well at least you would hope so.
    Yea, as dusdal said, I don't really think the Q10's were over produced like the Z10 was. I think they realized the big mistake they made during the start. But most likely they still produced more than necessary. But definitely, not as big of a loss as the Z10. And who knows how many Z10 have been sold since the big price cuts. Hope it's decent.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    11-29-13 12:29 PM
    They can sell Q10's and Q5's for months to come but those Z10's are dated. The surprise here is the uptake of the Z30. Heck, I want one of those now too! My provider doesn't carry the Z30 yet so that's a problem. I was susprised to see iPhone 5 and S4 owners wanting to trade up to that Z30, they could get a huge ride out of that phone. The other wild card is the fact that we don't see advertising and marketing this Q which translates into a much lower Marketing cost. We could see some solid numbers this Q with a plan for the future from Chen as the start of a powerful rally here. We have zero resistance here below $ 10.00/shr. Good luck!
    11-29-13 12:42 PM
    Yea, as dusdal said, I don't really think the Q10's were over produced like the Z10 was. I think they realized the big mistake they made during the start. But most likely they still produced more than necessary. But definitely, not as big of a loss as the Z10. And who knows how many Z10 have been sold since the big price cuts. Hope it's decent.
    Up here in Canada ive been hearing that they have been giving the z10's away for free in the thousands to companies to bribe them into going BES10 route
    11-29-13 12:48 PM
    And on another topic, the 27 playbooks I ordered for friends and family through my BBRY contact (they had a clearance sale of their LTE MODEL for 60$ internally) are being delivered today. I have done my share to give more exposure to BBRY. What have you guys done today?? !! :-)
    LoL Show me the love. For Christmas I would take one of the PB LTE and a Q10 and Z30. Santa, are you listening? LoL
    Randeman, Otech#CB, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    11-29-13 01:25 PM
    LoL Show me the love. For Christmas I would take one of the PB LTE and a Q10 and Z30. Santa, are you listening? LoL
    I just cant wait until BB releases or come out with a remote screen for bb10 devices. Turn are z10 ,q10 ,z30 ,q5 into a tablet with no more then wireless hdmi
    11-29-13 01:48 PM
    They can sell Q10's and Q5's for months to come but those Z10's are dated. The surprise here is the uptake of the Z30. Heck, I want one of those now too! My provider doesn't carry the Z30 yet so that's a problem. I was susprised to see iPhone 5 and S4 owners wanting to trade up to that Z30, they could get a huge ride out of that phone. The other wild card is the fact that we don't see advertising and marketing this Q which translates into a much lower Marketing cost. We could see some solid numbers this Q with a plan for the future from Chen as the start of a powerful rally here. We have zero resistance here below $ 10.00/shr. Good luck!
    My wife came home from work, and was telling me one of the girls there got a Z30, and she was helping her set-up some stuff on it. She told me "It's a nice big" ...... oddly, I have never heard my wife say that phrase ....... but I digress

My point is, I think anyone that handles the Z30, takes a shine to it.
    11-29-13 01:57 PM
    Won't be a friend if I didn't copy.paste that right here for you, dear this-thread-only gang

From BlackBerry, with

25 Days of Gifts
    December 1-25
    We’re feeling festive!
    So we’re kicking off the season with a 25 Days of Gifts giveaway from BlackBerry World! From December 1st to December 25th, BlackBerry� 10 users can visit BlackBerry World each day and be treated to a free premium download.
    Every day, for 25 days, you’ll get a premium selection of apps, movies and games – for free! Be sure to check BlackBerry World daily because each gift is only available for 24 hours.
    Visit BlackBerry World from your BlackBerry 10 device, visit the webstore appworld.blackberry.com/webstore.
    Enjoy your 25 days of free premium apps, and share this great news with your family and friends so they can also receive this amazing offering!
    Otech#CB, bungaboy, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    11-29-13 02:01 PM
113,256 ... 22392240224122422243 ...