View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Dear John Chen: Here�s how to start fixing BlackBerry http://mobilizer.instapaper.com/m?u=...3/Pnm8ivx_yPU/
    Corbu likes this.
    11-27-13 09:37 PM
    Dear John Chen: Here’s how to start fixing BlackBerry Dear John Chen: Here’s how to start fixing BlackBerry
    Rather condescending, if you ask me. Wonder what business Mr. DeCloet has ever run... You've got to give it to the G&M: they seem to be pretty consistent in their BlackBerry bashing.

To be fair, the point he raises about the difficulty many people have had moving from the 9900 to the Q10 seems legit. BBRY did not do a good enough job in introducing their new OS which - for most traditional users - requires a bit of handholding. They could not depend on the carriers to do that for them.

If I were John Chen, I'd invite Derek DeCloet over and I would start an all-out PR campaign. Enough with the BBRY bullying.
    11-27-13 09:55 PM
    Dear John Chen: Here’s how to start fixing BlackBerry Dear John Chen: Here�€™s how to start fixing BlackBerry
    Rather condescending, if you ask me. Wonder what business Mr. DeCloet has ever run... You've got to give it to the G&M: they seem to be pretty consistent in their BlackBerry bashing.

To be fair, the point he raises about the difficulty many people have had moving from the 9900 to the Q10 seems legit. BBRY did not do a good enough job in introducing their new OS which - for most traditional users - requires a bit of handholding. They could not depend on the carriers to do that for them.

If I were John Chen, I'd invite Derek DeCloet over and I would start an all-out PR campaign. Enough with the BBRY bullying.
    I'm with you, but I switched from a 8900-9900-GSII-HTC One s-(Almost Z10)-Q10 and I wish I could've done it a long time ago. This can't justify as to why they switched to an iPhone or an Android instead of going with a Q10 or even a Z10, if they wanted a full-touchscreen phone. It it much easier to get used to your BlackBerry than it is to an iPhone or Android and actually like it. That's my opinion again, but I'm sitting here looking at my HTC One S with BBM on it, and I can't stand losing all the feature that BB10 OS offers. It's too fluid to give up now that I've experienced them all. I'll get one as a side phone, but I can never use a phone as a primary one if it can't even keep up with all the things I need to be doing at one time.
    Last edited by Otech#CB; 11-28-13 at 04:03 AM.
    bungaboy and Corbu like this.
    11-27-13 10:24 PM
    Happy Thanksgiving to our good neighbours to the south. Enjoy the day with your loved ones.
    11-28-13 04:39 AM
    Your not a customer
    And that is also a benefit...not totally public.

Posted via CB10
    On the same topic : http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ng-esn-878796/
    11-28-13 04:49 AM
    Happy Thanksgiving to our good neighbours to the south. Enjoy the day with your loved ones.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you bro, and to everyone else on this thread!

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 05:20 AM
    The Thread Theme Song? LoL

11-28-13 05:35 AM
    The Thread Theme Song? LoL
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-makeitfunky.png

edit ... uh-oh ... I'm dancin' at the office you don't want to see that !
    Shanerredflag, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    11-28-13 05:57 AM
    11-28-13 07:00 AM
    11-28-13 07:36 AM
    NEW DELHI: After introducing popular BBM to Android and iOS users, BlackBerry said it will partner handset makers from India, like Micromax, Spice and Zen, other nations to pre-install the popular messaging app on their smartphones. With the BBM app coming pre-installed, users can directly engage with other BBM users without having to download the app or incurring download charges. "BBM will soon come preinstalled on a variety of Android-based smartphones from leading OEMs across Africa, India, Indonesia, Latin America and the Middle East," BlackBerry said in a statement. Beginning next month, Android smartphones from Be, Brightstar, Celkon, EVERCOSS, IMO, Micromax, Mito, Snexian, Spice, TECNO, TiPhone and Zen will include BBM preinstalled, it added. BBM will continue to be available as a free download from Android app stores, including Google Play. "It is clear that smartphone customers see BBM as a must have app for active conversations. The uptake we have seen for BBM since the launch on Android and iPhone is amazing," BlackBerry Executive Vice President (BBM) Andrew Bocking said. BBM is already available pre-loaded on Micromax's Canvas Turbo and will now be preloaded in the entire forthcoming range of Canvas phones.
    BlackBerry today also launched its BBM Channels, which will allow brands to engage with people and communities. The platform will be made available for BlackBerry users on BlackBerry OS 5 and above and BlackBerry 10 through BlackBerry World, a company statement said. Existing BlackBerry users can update to the latest version of BBM to have access to BBM Channels, it added. "BBM Channels builds on BBM's strengths of engagement and communications and gives BBM users a rich community-building tool that will allow them to connect with brands, influencers and people of shared interests," the statement said. Channel owners can post messages, share pictures, start discussions, post animated GIFs and chat directly with subscribers. BlackBerry had launched a limited beta testing for BBM Channels beginning in May this year. BBM Channels for iPhone and Android devices will launch in the coming months, the statement said. BlackBerry is betting big on Channels to rake it additional revenue in the coming months. Brand owners, who will pay for using Channels, will get to connect with users and reach out to newer audiences in return new ones. The Canadian firm has been facing stiff competition from other smartphone makers like Apple and Samsung as sales have declined over the past few months. It is now looking at monetising through options like Channels and the BBM app across platforms (iOS and Android).
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/t...w/26480217.cms

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 08:37 AM
    Hmmm... US market closed today?

BB is probably going to make some noise on the TSX then.
    11-28-13 08:48 AM
    Is anyone else have trouble searching on BBM channels

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 08:49 AM
    Hmmm... US market closed today?

BB is probably going to make some noise on the TSX then.
    So far so good really low volumes though.
    For those willing to follow (delayed 20 minutes or so , I guess) http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=BB.TO
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    Otech#CB likes this.
    11-28-13 09:12 AM
    Is anyone else have trouble searching on BBM channels

Posted via CB10
    Working fine for me. I'm searching through some Channels and developing my own. I noticed that JLagoon setup his first Channel on BBM and I did mine earlier in the day too. I have to tell you, I love this thing!

This is going to be a big hit with many users developing a few channels. I'm setting up an Investment Channel, a Family Channel (private access) and one or two specialty Channels. It's like having your own "Pinterest Channel" with the ability to restrict traffic. Man, I can see how this could blow up in the Enterprise sector. My first Channel is that of my Engineering company, cool, I'll tie it to Linked-In and there we go!. I hate Twitter, I have my Facebook account locked down so few can see it, but this one has the best of all worlds, I can restrict access and create multiple sites in minutes. I got caught up in how easy it was to open the account, I didn't want to signup, but in the end, it was so easy, I think I'll be able to develop one that is just related to fishing, boating and the cottage life for my friends. Very cool stuff here and BlackBerry has to climb all over this and get it out there with Voice and Video for all. BBM is like a free personal Website, as many as you can take care of so to speak!!

Short note: I threw a birthday party for my Dad, one of my nieces saw my phone and asked if it was the new 5S, of course I had to show her its features and she loved it. If only we had 3 - 4 of her fav apps, she would be all over the Z30.

In addition: Her entire family has gone iPhone, with 2 -4S and 2 - 5S phones but BB 10 made them blink! I need to get the Z30 and show it off around Christmas time ....................

Okay, I probably didn't answer your question, yes, everything is working for me on BBM.
    11-28-13 09:15 AM
    Working fine for me. I'm searching through some Channels and developing my own. I noticed that JLagoon setup his first Channel on BBM and I did mine earlier in the day too. I have to tell you, I love this thing!

This is going to be a big hit with many users developing a few channels. I'm setting up an Investment Channel, a Family Channel (private access) and one or two specialty Channels. It's like having your own "Pinterest Channel" with the ability to restrict traffic. Man, I can see how this could blow up in the Enterprise sector. My first Channel is that of my Engineering company, cool, I'll tie it to Linked-In and there we go!. I hate Twitter, I have my Facebook account locked down so few can see it, but this one has the best of all worlds, I can restrict access and create multiple sites in minutes. I got caught up in how easy it was to open the account, I didn't want to signup, but in the end, it was so easy, I think I'll be able to develop one that is just related to fishing, boating and the cottage life for my friends. Very cool stuff here and BlackBerry has to climb all over this and get it out there with Voice and Video for all. BBM is like a free personal Website, as many as you can take care of so to speak!!

Short note: I threw a birthday party for my Dad, one of my nieces saw my phone and asked if it was the new 5S, of course I had to show her its features and she loved it. If only we had 3 - 4 of her fav apps, she would be all over the Z30.

Okay, I probably didn't answer your question, yes, everything is working for me on BBM.
    OK I'm gonna try deleting it and re installing because I can't search for any channels. It just says problem searching channels. I would definitely be interested in your investment channel once your done. Please let me know about that thanks Morgan

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 09:20 AM
    Omg I can't delete it. how do I fix this?? I can't follow any new channels, I can't search for any channels, and it doesn't notify me when my channels post. Is it just me

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 09:26 AM
    Interested in your investment channel M+8. Let me know the pin once you are good to go? Cheers Ben

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 09:27 AM

In addition: Her entire family has gone iPhone, with 2 -4S and 2 - 5S phones but BB 10 made them blink! I need to get the Z30 and show it off around Christmas time ....................

Lol, you sound like a kid Morgan. Not that there is anything wrong with it.
    11-28-13 09:32 AM
    Omg I can't delete it. how do I fix this?? I can't follow any new channels, I can't search for any channels, and it doesn't notify me when my channels post. Is it just me

Posted via CB10
    Try a clean restart : press and hold volume + and - until black screen (and yes, it'll capture your screen, but keep holding until black).
    wait 2-3 minutes before power on.
    I the problem persists, you should have a look/ask here : BBM Channels - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Sorry if I don't reply further, we are OT ...
    11-28-13 09:34 AM
    Interested in your investment channel M+8. Let me know the pin once you are good to go? Cheers Ben

Posted via CB10
    I am interested in KV's "ITP" (investment, Traveling & Party) channel. Let me know kid vibe once you good to go? Cheers Kris
    Corbu, bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    11-28-13 09:42 AM
    Try a clean restart : press and hold volume + and - until black screen (and yes, it'll capture your screen, but keep holding until black).
    wait 2-3 minutes before power on.
    I the problem persists, you should have a look/ask here : BBM Channels - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Sorry if I don't reply further, we are OT ...
    Thank you. Restarting my phone worked. Now I can search again, yeah!! LOL

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-28-13 09:44 AM
    Thank you. Restarting my phone worked. Now I can search again, yeah!! LOL

Posted via CB10
    LoL, for a minute i thought you turned in to a bb channels bashing troll. Thank God.
    11-28-13 09:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the vote of confidence! I'm going to have plenty of down time in the weeks ahead, starting this Saturday so I thought I would try to develop a clean and simple Channel that solely puts out recommendations for investments. There won't be any filler topics like "how to use options" etc., you come to the Channel to review the latest investment idea and look at the argument in favour of placing the investment. There will be around 5 - 6 ideas and that's it. Some conversation and some investments and not much else. All communication will be via BBM-X so that's pretty cool. Real-time communication on hot trades for the select few! I opened a new trading account just for this purpose, it is to mirror my wife's TFSA account which must be the largest TFSA account in Canada. The goal is to try and keep up with that account.

I have a new trade fiqured out and I'm going to place it over the next few days and boy am I pumped about this one. So I'll see if I can put something together to share my ideas with a select few. Be patient, this will take a bit of my time to figure out!
    sidhuk, bungaboy, emtunc and 21 others like this.
    11-28-13 09:55 AM
    LoL, for a minute i thought you turned in to a bb channels bashing troll. Thank God.
    Blasphemous ! I'm no God
    sidhuk, bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    11-28-13 09:56 AM
113,256 ... 22362237223822392240 ...