View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I just got the new BBM. BBM Channels work in Bold 9900 nicely.
    11-27-13 02:26 PM
    This one is a bad news. I have several arguments to make it sweeter ... but I'm out of time.

Interesting that Apple has increased iPhone sales yoy by 20% yet in worldwide terms has fallen 15% from a 14.3 share to 12.1%. This stat serves to highlight how poorly BBRY is doing considering the quickly expanding smartphone market.
    11-27-13 03:14 PM
    Interesting that Apple has increased iPhone sales yoy by 20% yet in worldwide terms has fallen 15% from a 14.3 share to 12.1%. This stat serves to highlight how poorly BBRY is doing considering the quickly expanding smartphone market.
    Let's be really optimistic and say the spilit between BB7 and 10 is 50:50 - so about two million BB10. Now let's be unrealistic and say that two million is evenly spilt between all their markets and limit the markets to 20 (in reality it's more I think?) - that is 100,000 per market. Now in reality, it is going to be more popular in some markets than others, so we are talking about sub-75,000 in some countries more than likely less, that is a platform that doesn't actually exist in any meaningful sense.
    11-27-13 03:37 PM
    Let's be really optimistic and say the spilit between BB7 and 10 is 50:50 - so about two million BB10. Now let's be unrealistic and say that two million is evenly spilt between all their markets and limit the markets to 20 (in reality it's more I think?) - that is 100,000 per market. Now in reality, it is going to be more popular in some markets than others, so we are talking about sub-75,000 in some countries more than likely less, that is a platform that doesn't actually exist in any meaningful sense.
    Have you ever used BB10.2?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-27-13 04:05 PM
    Have you ever used BB10.2?

Posted via CB10
    Does it travel in time and change historical sales figures? I'm not sure what the point of the question is - Is it to suggest that minor OS updates will change the sales path of phones that are now mostly EOL or under-promoted?

Is there something specific in my actual analysis that you think is incorrect?
    11-27-13 04:09 PM
    Me linking BGR...
    http://bgr.com/2013/11/27/facebook-m...-app-analysis/

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 04:43 PM
    Does it travel in time and change historical sales figures? I'm not sure what the point of the question is - Is it to suggest that minor OS updates will change the sales path of phones that are now mostly EOL or under-promoted?

Is there something specific in my actual analysis that you think is incorrect?
    Well first of all the analysis is based on many assumptions. The actual sales figures have not been published yet.

And if you had used BB10.2, you'd know it provides a great user experience on top of a best-in-class security proposition (for businesses) which I'm sure you've read of. The market is expanding which means BlackBerry could become profitable through only a marginal improvement in sales figures (or by licensing their platform).

Who would license BB10.. I can hear you think? Perhaps you can tell me what your idea is of what BlackBerry as a company should do? Should they give up because only <1% of smartphone users have tried BB10? And lose their government contracts in the process? Or...?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 04:44 PM
    Interesting. I'm excited for what BBM can be worth it they put the right resources into finishing it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    11-27-13 04:46 PM
    Another thought of the night : What if croon was the missing part in the SEN (Social Enterprise Network)? ...
    'nite all !
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    11-27-13 05:23 PM
    Just thinking out loud here but, if BlackBerry can convince enterprise to switch over to BB10, and BES10.2 is the hook to accomplish this, is it not conceivable that their sales would increase, thus making the handsets at minimum break even? SaaS would be the driving force for earnings...BBMx becomes tiered service, i.e. pay for premium group video groups for buisness. The rest get to watch the ocational ad.

Sounds to me like a winner well beyond FB or Twitter.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 11-27-13 at 07:00 PM.
    11-27-13 05:45 PM
    Just thinking out loud here but, if BlackBerry can convince enterprise to switch over to BB10, and BES10.2 is the hook to abolish this, is it not conceivable that their sales would increase, thus making the handsets at minimum break even? SaaS would be the driving force for earnings...BBMx becomes tiered service, i.e. pay for premium group video groups for buisness. The rest get to watch the ocational ad.

Sounds to me like a winner well beyond FB or Twitter.

Posted via CB10
    Something like that ...
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    11-27-13 05:54 PM
    I think BBM channels will turn the tide for BBM.
    11-27-13 06:58 PM
    If BBM Channels has a chance, it would be because it may offer businesses a chance to have a private way to be contacted by people that have subscribed to their channel, as opposed to twitter. In this day and age of instant communication, we are way past a phone call or an email where you have to wait, so a private and secure way to communicate with your clients may end up being the lifeline that BBRY is looking for.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 07:18 PM
    I'm not that into the channels. It really just seems like Facebook and Twitter

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 07:43 PM
    I'm not that into the channels. It really just seems like Facebook and Twitter
    Anyone know any interesting channels?? I'm still going to give it a try though
    Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 07:49 PM
    If BBM Channels has a chance, it would be because it may offer businesses a chance to have a private way to be contacted by people that have subscribed to their channel, as opposed to twitter. In this day and age of instant communication, we are way past a phone call or an email where you have to wait, so a private and secure way to communicate with your clients may end up being the lifeline that BBRY is looking for.

Posted via CB10
    This is exactly the point...I have a small buisness, every form of advertising relies on others...and is expensive. Channels allows for me to post, Edit, publish in minutes....a quick text or email with a link and boom...customers know what's happening.
    Show me one single platform that I can do that on...and don't say Twitter because yeah it kinda does it but not anywhere as richly as channels.

For those that "don't get" why channels is so good I humbly suggest subscribe to SF's Paris meet up channel...this thread shows very susinctly how a groups story can be shared...in seconds, in real time...with minimal effort...and in a user friendly way.

Powerful stuff...

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, morganplus8, sidhuk and 6 others like this.
    11-27-13 07:50 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Sure...what you into? Bla1ze had a decent channel if your into geek culture and BlackBerry stuff...lots of great stock channels...the Leafs have a good one...etc.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 07:54 PM
    This is exactly the point...I have a small buisness, every form of advertising relies on others...and is expensive. Channels allows for me to post, Edit, publish in minutes....a quick text or email with a link and boom...customers know what's happening.
    Show me one single platform that I can do that on...and don't say Twitter because yeah it kinda does it but not anywhere as richly as channels.

For those that "don't get" why channels is so good I humbly suggest subscribe to SF's Paris meet up channel...this thread shows very susinctly how a groups story can be shared...in seconds, in real time...with minimal effort...and in a user friendly way.

Powerful stuff...

Posted via CB10
    And just looking at your BBM feeds, you can see all of your BBM and BBM group conversations, along with updates from the channels you are following, all in one convenient place, which is very handy.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 07:56 PM
    And just looking at your BBM feeds, you can see all of your BBM and BBM group conversations, along with updates from the channels you are following, all in one convenient place, which is very handy.

Posted via CB10
    Yes sir...folks don't understand or "get it" yet...I love it, but am biased lol.
    My hope is Mr CHEN promotes the heck out of the advantages...there are many and the commercials almost write themselves.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 08:02 PM
    Glad to see pessimism continue with low post volumes on this board. Usually means it's a good time to buy.... more.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 08:25 PM
    So security doesn't matter, eh?

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/politics/story/1.2442448

Posted from my Z10 via C10
    Shanerredflag and zyben like this.
    11-27-13 08:36 PM
    So security doesn't matter, eh?

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/politics/story/1.2442448

Posted from my Z10 via C10
    No...My Nexus 4 which is rooted and stuff is fine...thx

Drip, drip...that's sarcasm folks.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-27-13 08:38 PM
    I think BBM channels will turn the tide for BBM.
    Bullseye!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    11-27-13 08:40 PM

Powerful stuff...

Posted via CB10
    What's your channel?

Posted via CB10
    Otech#CB likes this.
    11-27-13 08:54 PM
    What's your channel?

Posted via CB10
    Your not a customer
    And that is also a benefit...not totally public.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 09:00 PM
113,256 ... 22352236223722382239 ...