• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Happy Thanksgiving people.
    Yes indeed...

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 06:56 AM
    Happy Thanksgiving! Anyone else excited. About this web manager for channels? I don't know about you guys, but for me it means we're one step closer to BBM on the desktop.

I haven't seen any additional rumors on the topic, but it seems like a natural extension down the road (hopefully sooner rather than later).

http://m.crackberry.com/how-access-b...er?cb_mobile=0

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible Q10!
    11-27-13 07:02 AM
    So when they shut down BB10 - you will be crediting this to the former C-team?
    What about the top secret plan to have a joint venture with Microsoft? Does the former C-team take the credit here ?

Is that plan still on btw?
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    11-27-13 07:14 AM
    Happy Thanksgiving people.
    You poor Americans... always behind.

The carriers in Canada released Thanksgiving over a month ago!

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 07:48 AM
    Cheers to our cousins down south . Pleasant wishes all round!
    11-27-13 07:58 AM
    What about the top secret plan to have a joint venture with Microsoft? Does the former C-team take the credit here ?

Is that plan still on btw?
    Well, sounds of the "persons familiar with the matter" were MS did approach BlackBerry in the bid period.
    I still believe a partnership OR why not joint venture is still something that can happen, with MSFT OR another big name.(please remember all the "or/and"s in my recurring statements about this).

I even - more silently - believe a big (secret as of date) partnership is one of the reason the $1billion deal was possible. But I'm speculating, of course.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    11-27-13 08:21 AM
    Happy Thanksgiving! Anyone else excited. About this web manager for channels? I don't know about you guys, but for me it means we're one step closer to BBM on the desktop.

I haven't seen any additional rumors on the topic, but it seems like a natural extension down the road (hopefully sooner rather than later).

How to access BBM Channels on the web using BBM Channels Manager | CrackBerry.com

Not sure about BBM on the desktop, but seems natural to have a web interface for Channels, at least so that companies can federate their contents into their SI.
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-27-13 08:24 AM
    wow..i just cant get my eyes off $HALO this thing is on steroids!!
    11-27-13 09:19 AM
    OT-- Holy macro HALO is flying high. Thanks Morgan you are the best!
    sold all today at a decent $$
    11-27-13 09:24 AM
    Happy Thanksgiving gang!!
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    11-27-13 09:25 AM
    Again, I don't try to extrapolate, just looking at the variation (these indicators worse near to zero "as is").
    Looks like the Nasdaq community (all times) rating went from 60 to 65 bullish in the last couple of days.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    Current rating is also ... well ... see by yourself.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture1.png
    11-27-13 09:30 AM
    OT-- Holy macro HALO is flying high. Thanks Morgan you are the best!
    sold all today at a decent $$
    I have to work today so I missed that big pop. Still up tho. I am getting greedy with this one. I will get out when it hits $18 and I double my money.... hopefully......
    11-27-13 10:20 AM
    Our Founder and fearless leader celebrity status is acknowledged!

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...8/#post9617690
    11-27-13 10:23 AM
    $18, really
    I have to work today so I missed that big pop. Still up tho. I am getting greedy with this one. I will get out when it hits $18 and I double my money.... hopefully......
    11-27-13 10:25 AM
    Profit taking completed, lets move onto the next rally.
    georg4BB likes this.
    11-27-13 10:37 AM
    Our Founder and fearless leader celebrity status is acknowledged!

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...8/#post9617690
    bungaboy, cgk and peter9477 like this.
    11-27-13 10:42 AM
    Not sure about BBM on the desktop, but seems natural to have a web interface for Channels, at least so that companies can federate their contents into their SI.
    I think it's been discussed here before that if BBM is going to stand a chance at competing with/being a viable alternative to skype, a desktop presence is a must. If they implement advertising the same way skype does, it could be a great revenue stream and be yet another way to monetize BBM.

Desktop ads and mobile ads could even be priced at different tiers depending on how they're implemented. But perhaps we need to wait for a bit more adoption before getting excited about ad revenues.

11-27-13 12:32 PM
    I think it's been discussed here before that if BBM is going to stand a chance at competing with/being a viable alternative to skype, a desktop presence is a must. If they implement advertising the same way skype does, it could be a great revenue stream and be yet another way to monetize BBM.

Desktop ads and mobile ads could even be priced at different tiers depending on how they're implemented. But perhaps we need to wait for a bit more adoption before getting excited about ad revenues.

Adoption is big but what's even bigger is engagement time. The more time a user spends on the app means more chance the user will see a companies ad or channel.

"They found that in the week of October 20th BBM’s engagement time was 40 minutes in the United States."

That will be huge when determining the possible revenue that BBM can produce
    11-27-13 01:01 PM
    Adoption is big but what's even bigger is engagement time. The more time a user spends on the app means more chance the user will see a companies ad or channel.

"They found that in the week of October 20th BBM’s engagement time was 40 minutes in the United States."

That will be huge when determining the possible revenue that BBM can produce
    Intrestingly, while we heard about DL numbers sinking in Android stores ...
    WhatsApp Messenger and BlackBerry Messenger See More Use Than Facebook’s Chat Service on Android | TruTower
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-minutes-use-bbm-whatsapp.jpg
    sidhuk, bungaboy, zyben and 6 others like this.
    11-27-13 01:18 PM
    $18, really
    I know $18 is greedy, but hey the investing Gods owe me something after my leap of faith (suicidal) on BRRY.
    11-27-13 01:18 PM
    I agree that engagement is a more important metric for bbm than overall users. In what is quickly becoming a commodotized category, having the higher quality (more engaged) users will be key.

Looks as though there is a lot of ground to make up against whatsapp in both measures.

I will say though, that since beta testing bbm channels my usage of bbm has at least doubled. I expect it to increase more now with the public release. At least to BlackBerry users.

Also, as someone noted earlier, Snapchat is being valued at 3B plus. So...

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 01:32 PM
    And yes, happy thanksgiving to our southern neighbour's. Hopefully a happy time with family and/or friends

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 01:33 PM
    This one is a bad news. I have several arguments to make it sweeter ... but I'm out of time.
    So, just take it as a "prepare to the bashing avalanche".
    hint look at MS V.S BB.

Apple Inc. (AAPL): Does Apple Dominate The App Store? [Google Inc, Facebook Inc, SAMSUNG ELECT LTD(F)] - Seeking Alpha

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-3096471-13855738447471168-tom-shaughnessy_origin.png
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-27-13 01:36 PM
    I agree that engagement is a more important metric for bbm than overall users. In what is quickly becoming a commodotized category, having the higher quality (more engaged) users will be key.

Looks as though there is a lot of ground to make up against whatsapp in both measures.

I will say though, that since beta testing bbm channels my usage of bbm has at least doubled. I expect it to increase more now with the public release. At least to BlackBerry users.

Also, as someone noted earlier, Snapchat is being valued at 3B plus. So...

Posted via CB10
    Yes BBM has ground to make up on whatsapp but I think it can be done. Like you send once channels gets released to andriod and IOS the engagement times will likely double if people actually find it useful. Now that BBM will come installed on some andriod devices that is great new and will increase the user base. Also once Video and Voice is released and the app itself matures and is fine tuned I think we will see a very high adoption rate here in North-America. There our still people that are like why do i need bbm its just like texting. Once there is more of a in your face here is why you need it and want it then there will be millions more jumping on BBM
    11-27-13 02:04 PM
    This one is a bad news. I have several arguments to make it sweeter ... but I'm out of time.
    So, just take it as a "prepare to the bashing avalanche".
    hint look at MS V.S BB.

Apple Inc. (AAPL): Does Apple Dominate The App Store? [Google Inc, Facebook Inc, SAMSUNG ELECT LTD(F)] - Seeking Alpha

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3096471-13855738447471168-Tom-Shaughnessy_origin.png 
Views:	814 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	224826
    I don't think it's bad news at all - the market has clearly priced the company on the basis that hardware is dead and this is a lagging indicator about something that is largely irrelevant - we know BBRY lost the app and hardware battle - that's over except in a very limited sense about how the inventory can be used to drive enterprise sales.

The consumer side is finished, it's not really worth talking about. Moreover, we know looking at countries like SA that sales of BB7 are the only thing propping up handset sales (and even those are decreasing) - so if they shipped four million odd units, once you take out BB7 sales and then split what is left across four devices and twenty plus regions - BB10 sales must either be non-existent in many markets.
    11-27-13 02:05 PM
113,256 ... 22342235223622372238 ...