View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Thanks!! I rushed my post when I saw that nonsense on CNBC, so thanks for the latest. There is no way in heck that Good Tech is anywhere as solid a security platform as BES10.1/BES.10.2. Then there is ECC and the Cloud, I feel sorry for anyone who buys into that IPO.
    Told 'ya it'd upset you.
    11-26-13 02:42 PM
    Thanks!! I rushed my post when I saw that nonsense on CNBC, so thanks for the latest. There is no way in heck that Good Tech is anywhere as solid a security platform as BES10.1/BES.10.2. Then there is ECC and the Cloud, I feel sorry for anyone who buys into that IPO.
    The FIPS-2 level 4 certification refers to physical tamper resistance where trying to gain physical access to the cryptographic module that stores the keys results in the keys being wiped.

FIPS-2 level 2 refers to tamper resistant seals or pick resistant locks that prevent easy access to the cryptographic module. BBRY's certification relies on their use of software to implement their patented encryption methods. The encryption is crackable, but it can be considered a pick resistant lock in some implementations as it can take ungodly amounts of time to break the encryption.

GOOD's implementation of FIPS-2 level 4 is also likely in reference to key fobs, not actual phones, which makes the comparison stupid on an additional level.

To get FIPS-2 level 4 certification, BBRY has to create a secure physical design (with wireless charging) that auto-destructs when being opened by a non-BBRY certified technician without the proper encryption keys.

But BB10 itself can never be FIPS-2 level 4 certified. It's a digital safe, not a physical one.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.
    W Hoa, jxnb, zyben and 12 others like this.
    11-26-13 02:53 PM
    Yes...she is definitely confused.
    Haha

Posted via CB10
    plasmid_boy, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    11-26-13 02:55 PM
    Hmmmmm.... looks like we're closing at HOD.

Chen should drop some good news tomorrow and add fuel to the rockets.
    11-26-13 03:04 PM
    Shorts way up:

11/15/2013 167,279,847
    10/31/2013 148,999,839
    11-26-13 03:05 PM
    Sorry about that, W Hoa already posted short's data. Good job WH!

Way up indeed...
    11-26-13 03:05 PM
    But the lady on TV said that it's twice 'more gooder' than BlackBerry so it must be true <rolls eyes>

Seriously, though, never under estimate the power of US media/propaganda.
    Sigmund Freud believed that we as humans are incapable of making the correct choices for ourselves because most people are still functioning based on our animal instincts (emotions, hunches, mood, etc) - I agree with him on this point. That's why most people are brainwashed (if you will) into voting for certain politicians while still feeling he/she made the choice all on his/her own. Freud's nephew (I forgot his name) took it to another level, he reaches into our deepest subconscious desires and fears to manipulate us into buying things that we don't need and still feel good in doing so.
    Given the consumer habits in the US over the past decades, I would say that he was very effective.
    So, if they can manipulate the minds of the whole country, I would not be surprised if we wake up tomorrow believing that GOOD is in fact twice 'gooder' than BlackBerry.

OK, I am off to buy a turkey to thank the natives for saving our ancestors... LOL
    11-26-13 03:08 PM
    Obviously I'm known as the chief cheerleader of BBRY but I thought that security piece was one of the worst thing I've ever seen - the one female reporter seems to *vaguely* know something about security but the other two appeared to be high or have wandered in off the street - they were barely coherent.
    11-26-13 03:17 PM
    Hmmm... we're going to open above $6.50 tomorrow.
    11-26-13 03:22 PM
    Obviously I'm known as the chief cheerleader of BBRY but I thought that security piece was one of the worst thing I've ever seen - the one female reporter seems to *vaguely* know something about security but the other two appeared to be high or have wandered in off the street - they were barely coherent.
    I have never seen you receiving so many 'likes' in this thread.
    11-26-13 03:23 PM
    I have never seen you receiving so many 'likes' in this thread.
    ....you are right... give me a second...

BBRY IS SURE TO BE CLOSED DOWN BY FRIDAY, I HEAR THAT THEY SAW CHEN SOBBING IN THE CARPARK AND THE RECEIVERS MOVING IN TO SEIZE THE BUILDING

<normal service is restored>
    11-26-13 03:40 PM
    The shame is I think most people would not have seen anything wrong with the good piece from cnbc.

They put 1 and 1 together and make two.

BlackBerry is having a tough time. Other competitors around. They aren't producing a top product. Don?t look at most of us here that can read through the bs.

No matter which way you look at it, things like that hurt BlackBerry. Chen should be looking to put an end to that.

I still maintain, putting BlackBerry up for sale was a huge mistake, they lost a lot of momentum and put themselves in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 04:15 PM
    Also, they should rebrand BES10 to BEST... ;-)
    Once android works with an app store preloaded, they should move to bb11 and bring an advertising campaign with it.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 04:25 PM
    Shorts way up:

11/15/2013 167,279,847
    10/31/2013 148,999,839
    What does this mean?

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 04:37 PM
    What does this mean?

Posted via CB10
    Means that roughly one third of the entire float, (all shares) are betting the price will go down...

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-26-13 04:40 PM
    What does this mean?

Posted via CB10
    That a huge portion of the drop at the end of the strategic review was from short selling, not a long panic.
    11-26-13 04:40 PM
    That a huge portion of the drop at the end of the strategic review was from short selling, not a long panic.
    Which means two thirds are comfortable the price will rise.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 04:43 PM
    Two thirds? It is more like 1 + 1/3 = four thirds.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    11-26-13 04:49 PM
    Two thirds? It is more like 1 + 1/3 = four thirds.
    Is this that CNBC reporter?

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 04:54 PM
    Up. Significantly.

The $9 purchase price kept the shorts from piling on too much.
    That was an excellent call!

So, it looks like we've got a bit of a sustained rally on low volume.

If I had the money I'd bet we'd pop up above $6.50 by Friday.
    This can be another good call. However, I wouldn't get too excited about $6.50. Shorts sold 18M more shares to bring the SP from $8+ down to this level. I will not expect anything less when they have to buy them back.
    11-26-13 05:25 PM
    Freud's nephew (I forgot his name) took it to another level, he reaches into our deepest subconscious desires and fears to manipulate us into buying things that we don't need and still feel good in doing so.
    Things I Learned: One of Steve Jobs' parents was a sibling of Freud. Who knew?!
    11-26-13 05:27 PM
    Which means two thirds are comfortable the price will rise.

Posted via CB10
    Historically, shorts knew lot more in advance than the longs. their confidence shows that the price wont rise. the day this short interest goes down considerably, that's the day i would say that troubles are over. May be Chan has to get rid of more people in order to stop leaks for shorts.
    11-26-13 05:46 PM
    This can be another good call. However, I wouldn't get too excited about $6.50. Shorts sold 18M more shares to bring the SP from $8+ down to this level. I will not expect anything less when they have to buy them back.
    Yeah, but $6.50 is the rally point that we need to breakthrough to get back above $8.
    morganplus8 and Superfly_FR like this.
    11-26-13 06:04 PM
    So the drop in SP from $8's was more a cause of shorts then long term holders selling? The SP makes no sense to me as it seems to be trading below cash and assets and valuing the company at zero or less. I invested because of bbm and the cash and assets plus the company is a huge freebie to me.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    11-26-13 06:22 PM
    So the drop in SP from $8's was more a cause of shorts then long term holders selling? The SP makes no sense to me as it seems to be trading below cash and assets and valuing the company at zero or less. I invested because of bbm and the cash and assets plus the company is a huge freebie to me.

Posted via CB10
    Plus the share dilution/debenture issue.
    peter9477 and bungaboy like this.
    11-26-13 06:27 PM
113,256 ... 22322233223422352236 ...