View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    WSJ article today. Channels coming to IOS/android in "the coming months" Also from BBspokesperson "well over 80 million BBM monthly users".

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...21950551457222
    I don't like about how it will take "months". They better get voice and video during those "months".

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    11-26-13 11:29 AM
    Scale,

Nothing do with conspiracy. Just saying it helps to have good PR and that report is a good example why.

I have recently got involved in the world of PR and branding and although it may not be everything it does make a huge difference.

Posted via CB10
    zyben and bungaboy like this.
    11-26-13 11:30 AM
    I don't like about how it will take "months". They better get voice and video during those "months".

Posted via CB10
    I agree.. There is real opportunity here for BBM, but it has to come together faster.
    11-26-13 11:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have a feeling channels will come before voice and video.
    Hope I am proven wrong !
    11-26-13 11:42 AM
    I agree.. There is real opportunity here for BBM, but it has to come together faster.
    Now that's an understatement if I ever heard one. Lightning speed, just missed most of the holiday season but might be able to trim from the backside if something significant and tangible in next 3 weeks. ... Sorry, I was overcome by a silly thought.
    11-26-13 11:46 AM
    Before I send a rant to CNBC, with their "MUST" read news story titled "Meet GOOD: The new Blackberry Killer on Wall St.", does anyone know (based on their experience) how good is "GOOD"? And with silly headlines like this one, by the most extreme group of BBRY haters that I've ever met, I'm wondering if the "new" Blackberry will fight back with their own adverts similar to the one that this other company placed in the Wall Street Journal?

BTW, save yourself the grief and don't read the CNBC article. It's blatantly typical of their constant BBRY bashing.
    11-26-13 11:47 AM
    Any predictions on the Shorts numbers for later today? ....up or down
    11-26-13 11:53 AM
    Any predictions on the Shorts numbers for later today? ....up or down
    Up. Significantly.

The $9 purchase price kept the shorts from piling on too much.
    Last edited by morlock_man; 11-26-13 at 12:19 PM.
    11-26-13 12:08 PM
    11-26-13 12:30 PM
    I remember on the bold, i hold a keyboard key down to dial a phone number as speed dial. That was the most useful feature for me when it came to using blackberry as a phone call device.
    I hope that one day some one can suggest blackberry to implement Q10 key board mode on a touch screen blackberry 10 phone. Having the option to have all the keyboard shortcuts of blackberry physical keyboard device. What this mean is that q10 home screen (half screen for apps and a permanent virtual keyboard with an option to eliminate keyboard manually as desired) with having access to phone dial features from virtual keyboard.
    If you have a physical keyboard (Q10/Q5) ... you will still be happy with this (> 10.2.1)
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000002_0.png
    More new features turn up in OS 10.2.1 including contact profiles, Q10 speed dial, new BBM icons and more | CrackBerry.com
    11-26-13 12:58 PM
    This to finish a greaaaaaat journey !
    Thought it was a spike and now hope for "resistance" (noob terms).

Attachment 224469

Out for dinner, keep the good news going ... waiting for 3PM CET ... channels in the wild !!! Yummy
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-26-13 01:01 PM
    In the USA at least, Apple is an aspirational brand folks want to buy into the "world of Apple" their marketing and word of mouth has been nothing less than stellar. Their ecosystem is 2nd to none. Accessories for even 2 year old phones are still easily available, in addition to any kind of add on you can think of for a mobile phone. Putting a 2 year old phone out there at .01 gives folks a way in the door and they have been accessing it in record numbers.

There is no correlation in the USA to doing this for BlackBerry. Here in the States they have very low mind share. Anecdotal evidence in my social circle evidences my Z10 and 1 Q10 owned by another BB stalwart. 3 friends with legacy devices just bought 1 GS 4 and 2 IP 5S once BBM went cross platform. There is no ecosystem to buy into unless you are a corporation with security in mind. Very little if any advertising. I am sure these lower prices will just be grouped with other EOL phones and given the choice of the IP 4s, a GS 3 or a Z10 I know few folks here who would take the Z10 even at .01. I am saying this to point out the work Mr Chen has to do here in the States to get BlackBerry back in the hearts and minds of the consumer buyer here in the USA, not to bash BlackBerry.

I agree with the others that the cheaper phones have more value in the Corporate sector than they do in the Consumer therefore, as I see this as only sparking sales to a few perhaps former BB fans who see the opportunity to try BB10 for a small price.
    Among non techy people, yes. Techy people greatly prefer android for many of the same reasons.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 01:39 PM
    What's the level 2 (BES10) versus level 4 (GOOD) approval about? Is she referring to government restrictions or...?

First thing I hear about this, if it's true at all..
    11-26-13 01:57 PM
    Also, they should rebrand BES10 to BEST... ;-)
    11-26-13 02:02 PM
    What's the level 2 (BES10) versus level 4 (GOOD) approval about? Is she referring to government restrictions or...?

[url]

I think she is confused..

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIPS_140-2

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 02:02 PM
    Also the "twice as secure as Blackberry" comment was out of left field. As morlock said, is it because 4 is 2 X 2 or is there any other basis for that.

All these claims about security are getting ridicilous. Kind of like was it AirWatch CEO saying he was thinking of "buying" BlackBerry...

11-26-13 02:04 PM
    Double post
    Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 02:07 PM
    She's not confused, just stupid.
    _dimi_, Corbu, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    11-26-13 02:11 PM
    Or that ...lol

Posted via CB10
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    11-26-13 02:16 PM
    From the official FB page.....

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00001336.png
    11-26-13 02:17 PM

Am I the only one that thinks this was a paid commercial for Good Tech? The CEO made claims that are dated at best and refer to a time that BES10.1 nor Cloud services from BlackBerry came forth. BlackBerry is all about cross-platform security.

This was a paid commercial and not a good one at that. If it were anything else, we would have been able to leave a comment at the site.
    11-26-13 02:24 PM
    So, it looks like we've got a bit of a sustained rally on low volume.

If I had the money I'd bet we'd pop up above $6.50 by Friday.
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    11-26-13 02:26 PM
    Am I the only one that thinks this was a paid commercial for Good Tech? The CEO made claims that are dated at best and refer to a time that BES10.1 nor Cloud services from BlackBerry came forth. BlackBerry is all about cross-platform security.

This was a paid commercial and not a good one at that. If it were anything else, we would have been able to leave a comment at the site.
    I agree. However, I just googled BES10.2 and it seems it's out in Beta (gold) so actual release is just around the corner.

How funny would it be if BES10.2 was released tomorrow with an announcement on CNBC??

Always nice to hear from you Morgan!

Edit: just realized you referred to BES10.1.. so no security improvements in BES10.2 then?
    11-26-13 02:30 PM
    11-26-13 02:32 PM
    Thanks!! I rushed my post when I saw that nonsense on CNBC, so thanks for the latest. There is no way in heck that Good Tech is anywhere as solid a security platform as BES10.1/BES.10.2. Then there is ECC and the Cloud, I feel sorry for anyone who buys into that IPO.
    sidhuk, jxnb, plasmid_boy and 4 others like this.
    11-26-13 02:36 PM
113,252 ... 22312232223322342235 ...