View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Anyone watching this should realise the power of PR. Exposure like that is paid for.

This is where powerful PR helps. BlackBerry need strong PR, branding and marketing. BlackBerry should take a note from goods book.

Posted via CB10
    Going to that link.... Apple apparently hasn't paid their marketing "bribe" to CNBC this month. They have three negative articles on Apple posted.

Pro: Apple lacking good news going into holidays
    Apple privacy report details government requests
    Apple earnings, revenue beat Wall St. estimates

Marketing, PR and Branding only go so far....
    11-26-13 09:04 AM
    Some more pleasant news ?
    Alibaba doubles down on NFC payments

why : NFC is implemented on all latest BlackBerry devices (> 9900s ?). Not on iP. This was claimed as an "unuseful detail" and could become a strong differentiator in several countries. (bashing prevention : and NO, it will not make BB #1 alone).
    11-26-13 09:05 AM
    Going to that link.... Apple apparently hasn't paid their marketing "bribe" to CNBC this month. They have three negative articles on Apple posted.

Pro: Apple lacking good news going into holidays
    Apple privacy report details government requests
    Apple earnings, revenue beat Wall St. estimates

Marketing, PR and Branding only go so far....
    I want the same thing you took at breakfast today
    cheers
    11-26-13 09:09 AM
    "Charging companies" and "making money" are 2 entirely different things. Thanks to Peter for a very good post on this issue.

Channels has potential, but for now ( and probably 2-3 quarters minimum) I think there is little doubt that if you allocate expenses against that product/segment, it is definitely NOT "making money." Not yet....
    Source? Link? LoL j/k
    11-26-13 09:11 AM
    I love this spike !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    bungaboy and Soumaila Somtore like this.
    11-26-13 09:14 AM
    Some more pleasant news ?
    Alibaba doubles down on NFC payments

why : NFC is implemented on all latest BlackBerry devices (> 9900s ?). Not on iP. This was claimed as an "unuseful detail" and could become a strong differentiator in several countries. (bashing prevention : and NO, it will not make BB #1 alone).
    Not much of a differentiator since the number 1 and 3 OSes also possess nfc.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk
    11-26-13 09:16 AM
    Not much of a differentiator since the number 1 and 3 OSes also possess nfc.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk
    Sure, clearly was abt #2 (iP).
    11-26-13 09:17 AM
    Man, more good news...the trolls will he coming hard lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 09:20 AM
    OT: some positive vibes for a shadow thanker.
    11-26-13 09:31 AM
    Next BlackBerry Jam Direct Virtual Conference Will Focus on Android Runtime http://www.berryreview.com/2013/11/2...BerryReview%29
    11-26-13 09:50 AM
    Next BlackBerry Jam Direct Virtual Conference Will Focus on Android Runtime Next BlackBerry Jam Direct Virtual Conference Will Focus on Android Runtime - BerryReview
    Expecting some noise here ... popcorn and beer ...
    11-26-13 09:52 AM
    Expecting some noise here ... popcorn and beer ...
    I'll just say that is... interesting... and leave it like that.
    11-26-13 09:59 AM
    Major benchmarking service delists Samsung and HTC phones it suspects of cheating http://engt.co/1iP4B1m
    Funny how these tech reporters were jumping upsides down about the benchmarkings? I dont trust any tech reports reviews unless i use it my self. They have become Bunch of band wagon monkeys.
    11-26-13 10:00 AM
    Major benchmarking service delists Samsung and HTC phones it suspects of cheating Major benchmarking service delists Samsung and HTC phones it suspects of cheating
    Funny how these tech reporters were jumping upsides down about the benchmarkings? I dont trust any tech reports reviews unless i use it my self. They have become Bunch of band wagon monkeys.
    The tech press is largely worthless on all counts.
    11-26-13 10:08 AM
    A note regarding these Jam Direct virtual conference things. There have been a couple of these so far, and each has a particular focus. I thought we'd already done an Android one, but I see I'm wrong... that was probably just one of the many developer webcasts that I recall.

There was a Jam Direct on developing games (BlackBerry Jam Direct and BlackBerry Gaming «BlackBerry Developer Blog) and one focused on the features in the latest SDK (Discover what’s coming in the BlackBerry 10.2 SDK «BlackBerry Developer Blog).

Don't read too much into the fact that there's an Android one. The timing is likely associated with 10.2 (or the upcoming 10.2.1) but beyond that I wouldn't assume this is actually "interesting" in any unusual way.
    11-26-13 10:10 AM
    Next BlackBerry Jam Direct Virtual Conference Will Focus on Android Runtime Next BlackBerry Jam Direct Virtual Conference Will Focus on Android Runtime - BerryReview
    Good move. BBMx video and voice and pushing 10.2 out in the US in the next 30 days would be a great start to any turn around. Great PR and adds a ton of functionality consumers and corps will like when they can actually see and use it. If I were Chen, I'd make sure these happen ASAP and (re) allocate resources to get it done. I know it's up to US carriers on the 2nd part, but he needs to pick up the phone and make it a priority.
    11-26-13 10:10 AM
    A note regarding these Jam Direct virtual conference things. There have been a couple of these so far, and each has a particular focus. I thought we'd already done an Android one, but I see I'm wrong... that was probably just one of the many developer webcasts that I recall.

There was a Jam Direct on developing games (BlackBerry Jam Direct and BlackBerry Gaming «BlackBerry Developer Blog) and one focused on the features in the latest SDK (Discover what�€™s coming in the BlackBerry 10.2 SDK «BlackBerry Developer Blog).

Don't read too much into the fact that there's an Android one. The timing is likely associated with 10.2 (or the upcoming 10.2.1) but beyond that I wouldn't assume this is actually "interesting" in any unusual way.
    I was referring to some "noise" we might see in the comments from several bitter android fans (for the look-at-me-rant) and developers (for questions about distribution and IP). I believe cgk was somehow on the same subject (I may be wrong).
    11-26-13 10:15 AM
    I remember on the bold, i hold a keyboard key down to dial a phone number as speed dial. That was the most useful feature for me when it came to using blackberry as a phone call device.
    I hope that one day some one can suggest blackberry to implement Q10 key board mode on a touch screen blackberry 10 phone. Having the option to have all the keyboard shortcuts of blackberry physical keyboard device. What this mean is that q10 home screen (half screen for apps and a permanent virtual keyboard with an option to eliminate keyboard manually as desired) with having access to phone dial features from virtual keyboard.
    Soumaila Somtore likes this.
    11-26-13 10:22 AM
    I was referring to some "noise" we might see in the comments from several bitter android fans (for the look-at-me-rant) and developers (for questions about distribution and IP). I believe cgk was somehow on the same subject (I may be wrong).
    The distribution and IP stuff is irrelevant to this thread, I just seem the increasingly reliance of BBRY on android apps as a sign of weakness and lack of faith in their own ecosystem but we've run over that ground before...
    11-26-13 10:43 AM
    The distribution and IP stuff is irrelevant to this thread, I just seem the increasingly reliance of BBRY on android apps as a sign of weakness and lack of faith in their own ecosystem but we've run over that ground before...
    No man ever steps in the same river twice...Heraclitus

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BergerKing; 11-26-13 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Oops
    11-26-13 10:55 AM
    No man ever steps in the same river twice...Heraclitus

Posted via CB10
    I guess Heraclitus never met any rednecks....or a trout fisherman.
    11-26-13 11:00 AM
    I guess Heraclitus never met any rednecks....or a trout fisherman.
    Lol...

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 11:02 AM
    BlackBerry to steal SA market share in 2014

While Nokia continues to dominate the SA market in terms of handset usage, BlackBerry has overtaken Samsung to be the second biggest player, according to new research.

This is according to the latest statistics from Dashboard and World Wide Worx, unveiled on Tuesday, 26 November 2013, as part of its Mobility 2014 survey.

Arthur Goldstuck, MD of World Wide Worx, said that the study of 1,200 people has been running since 2005, with the backing of First National Bank, and Dashboard providing the field services.

Dashboard’s Peter Searll noted that Nokia retained its position as the most popular brand of mobile phone in South Africa, with 44% of users saying they use one as their primary device. This, however, was down from 50% in 2012.

BlackBerry, meanwhile, increased its market share from 18% to 23%, while Samsung sits at 19%. Apple’s iPhone accounted for 2%.
    plasmid_boy, rarsen, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    11-26-13 11:17 AM
    Thought I would share this screen shot, (see top of pic)...my BlackBerry device just doing its thing

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000754.png

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 11:17 AM
    WSJ article today. Channels coming to IOS/android in "the coming months" Also from BBspokesperson "well over 80 million BBM monthly users".

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...21950551457222
    11-26-13 11:24 AM
113,256 ... 22302231223222332234 ...