View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    There could be a BB11 which they are waiting to complete before they go ahead and release a Q30, Z50, and a C-Series (I expect them to be reasonably priced) which were rumored. My guess is that they will offer a BB11 update for the older devices, giving them more appeal. And when it does gain more traction, those previous BB10 phones will likely continue to be priced lower further increasing sales of BB phones, if they become the "new thing everybody is talking about." This should be considered as a suggested and assumed game plan by me. Anyone who cares to disagree, I won't go against you, you tell me why you feel that way though, because I can't see me being way off, if they plan to continue pushin'.

With all this going according to my specific instructions/expectations, I think the future seems bright.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    11-26-13 02:04 AM
    Not sure of it has been posted previously : BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): Where Will The New BlackBerry Be In 2014? [AT&T Inc.] - Seeking Alpha

The whole thing is pretty schoolish and approximative (Q5 to come ?) if you ask me but there's something I noticed :

Now, BlackBerry is trying the Wal-Mart (WMT) approach, trying to grab new consumers with "free" phones. Similar to how Apple (AAPL) is busy unloading old iPhone 4s with $1 2-year contracts, BlackBerry is now doing the same with the 10Z models. Both AT&T (T) and Verizon (VZ) are offering the new phones for a dollar or less. It's a risky move. While low price phones get people's attention, it also pegs BlackBerry as a bargain competitor versus a high-end brand now.
    I hope this is only an extrapolation of two particular situations or a limited part of the inventory (written down).
    I'd rather they flood enterprises, generating CALs for BES than downdrade to curve-ish image ...
    bungaboy and OMGitworks like this.
    11-26-13 03:16 AM
    My guess is that they will offer a BB11 update for the older devices, giving them more appeal.
    Hard to make EOL devices more attractive except via price cuts. As for 'reasonable' priced unless something has changed, Heins said that BBRY didn't have the economies of scale to make cheap devices with a BB10 spec - the company is now poorer and smaller than when he started with his axe so I don't see that situation having changed.
    11-26-13 03:21 AM
    Not sure of it has been posted previously : BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): Where Will The New BlackBerry Be In 2014? [AT&T Inc.] - Seeking Alpha

The whole thing is pretty schoolish and approximative (Q5 to come ?) if you ask me but there's something I noticed :

I hope this is only an extrapolation of two particular situations or a limited part of the inventory (written down).
    I'd rather they flood enterprises, generating CALs for BES than downdrade to curve-ish image ...
    Maybe that is simply to burn off inventory that is already with carriers? I agree with you, I'd use it up trying to build up BES before they exist hardware.
    Superfly_FR and Otech#CB like this.
    11-26-13 03:22 AM
    Maybe that is simply to burn off inventory that is already with carriers? I agree with you, I'd use it up trying to build up BES before they exist hardware.
    lol, you got my like, but I don't believe they should (will) exit hardware (I believe the extra "s" is typo ).
    Even at cost, this is a mandatory key for top-bottom consistency/security IMHO.
    Otech#CB likes this.
    11-26-13 05:48 AM
    Hard to make EOL devices more attractive except via price cuts. As for 'reasonable' priced unless something has changed, Heins said that BBRY didn't have the economies of scale to make cheap devices with a BB10 spec - the company is now poorer and smaller than when he started with his axe so I don't see that situation having changed.
    Yea, the price cuts are necessary. But if BlackBerry can't keep holding on till the next update release and new phone launchs, I don't see why they can be like apple with their iPhone 4s's and 5's. They have 2 gigs of ram, and idk if that's enough because I know 4's and 4s's kinda suck with iOS7, but it could last....more than the life cycle of iPhones atleast. You don't think their C-Series is supposed to be a low priced phone? (from the sound of it I can tell it's not high-end). I think they'd be foolish to over price this one unless it really is a beast.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 05:59 AM
    11-26-13 06:49 AM
    11-26-13 07:12 AM
    So BBM is now officially out of the "number of downloads globally" race.
    I am sure people will still keep talking about the rank in the app store and the play store in the US, Canada, etc.
    Wil be interesting to see how it goes once voice and video is launched.
    Superfly_FR, bungaboy and Otech#CB like this.
    11-26-13 07:28 AM
    So BBM is now officially out of the "number of downloads globally" race.
    I am sure people will still keep talking about the rank in the app store and the play store in the US, Canada, etc.
    Wil be interesting to see how it goes once voice and video is launched.
    This is probably why they stated they would be discussing active users as opposed to downloads. Now it makes sense.
    11-26-13 07:32 AM
    And some more BBM-related news.......

BBM Channels emerges from beta, launches on BB10 and legacy BlackBerry devices today

"While the launch is currently limited to BB10 and legacy BlackBerry devices, the Waterloo-based company says that this is just the beginning for Channels, and promises to roll the feature out to Android and iOS users in the coming months. And though there is no monetization strategy yet, BlackBerry is looking to aggressively sell BBM Channels to brands and companies, and may eventually charge for premium features or sponsored content; they are already charging companies to use a version of the desktop-based Channels manager, and many are already on board, from Coca-Cola to UPS."

Regarding monetization, there you go!

More details -

http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/11/26/bb...devices-today/
    11-26-13 07:45 AM
    Did anyone know that BBM channels was ALREADY making money???
    Randeman, bungaboy and Otech#CB like this.
    11-26-13 07:46 AM
    Source?
    11-26-13 08:13 AM
    If you mean profitable (bringing in more than even a fraction of the costs of developing and supporting it), then I doubt it.

If you mean it has some revenue associated with it, then I'm not surprised. That seemed likely to have happened when they changed the main page to show Featured Channels, and companies like Mercedes-Benz Canada and UPS started showing up. The beta test group may be relatively small, but they're still eyeballs, and eyeballs cost money.

Those companies are getting better promotion (to my eyeballs) on BBM Channels than any other advertising they do.
    11-26-13 08:20 AM
    In the USA at least, Apple is an aspirational brand folks want to buy into the "world of Apple" their marketing and word of mouth has been nothing less than stellar. Their ecosystem is 2nd to none. Accessories for even 2 year old phones are still easily available, in addition to any kind of add on you can think of for a mobile phone. Putting a 2 year old phone out there at .01 gives folks a way in the door and they have been accessing it in record numbers.

There is no correlation in the USA to doing this for BlackBerry. Here in the States they have very low mind share. Anecdotal evidence in my social circle evidences my Z10 and 1 Q10 owned by another BB stalwart. 3 friends with legacy devices just bought 1 GS 4 and 2 IP 5S once BBM went cross platform. There is no ecosystem to buy into unless you are a corporation with security in mind. Very little if any advertising. I am sure these lower prices will just be grouped with other EOL phones and given the choice of the IP 4s, a GS 3 or a Z10 I know few folks here who would take the Z10 even at .01. I am saying this to point out the work Mr Chen has to do here in the States to get BlackBerry back in the hearts and minds of the consumer buyer here in the USA, not to bash BlackBerry.

I agree with the others that the cheaper phones have more value in the Corporate sector than they do in the Consumer therefore, as I see this as only sparking sales to a few perhaps former BB fans who see the opportunity to try BB10 for a small price.
    11-26-13 08:25 AM
    Source?
    Two posts up:

BlackBerry is looking to aggressively sell BBM Channels to brands and companies, and may eventually charge for premium features or sponsored content; they are already charging companies to use a version of the desktop-based Channels manager
    11-26-13 08:28 AM
    Two posts up:

BlackBerry is looking to aggressively sell BBM Channels to brands and companies, and may eventually charge for premium features or sponsored content; they are already charging companies to use a version of the desktop-based Channels manager
    "Charging companies" and "making money" are 2 entirely different things. Thanks to Peter for a very good post on this issue.

Channels has potential, but for now ( and probably 2-3 quarters minimum) I think there is little doubt that if you allocate expenses against that product/segment, it is definitely NOT "making money." Not yet....
    11-26-13 08:31 AM
    "Charging companies" and "making money" are 2 entirely different things. Thanks to Peter for a very good post on this issue.

Channels has potential, but for now ( and probably 2-3 quarters minimum) I think there is little doubt that if you allocate expenses against that product/segment, it is definitely NOT "making money." Not yet....
    That being said that doesn't stop matching it valuation to snapchat lol
    11-26-13 08:34 AM

Absolutely 'making money'. Making a profit? Maybe not.
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-26-13 08:35 AM
    CNBC slamming Blackberry again. GOOD.com is twice as secure as BES10. IPO nest year $1B+.

'Good' technology eyeing IPO - CNBC
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    11-26-13 08:35 AM
    If you mean profitable (bringing in more than even a fraction of the costs of developing and supporting it), then I doubt it.

If you mean it has some revenue associated with it, then I'm not surprised. That seemed likely to have happened when they changed the main page to show Featured Channels, and companies like Mercedes-Benz Canada and UPS started showing up. The beta test group may be relatively small, but they're still eyeballs, and eyeballs cost money.

Those companies are getting better promotion (to my eyeballs) on BBM Channels than any other advertising they do.
    Thanks!
    Of course I didn't mean that was profitable.
    Just meant that it was bringing in some $
    Thanks for clearing it up!
    11-26-13 08:36 AM
    Absolutely 'making money'. Making a profit? Maybe not.
    I guess we will disagree about what "making money" means. For me it means a profit, I guess for others it means bringing in money or revenue or "making money". No harm either way.
    11-26-13 08:47 AM
    That being said that doesn't stop matching it valuation to snapchat lol
    Neither makes sense, 1 is valued too high and 1 too low. The market cares about momentum and trajectory and perception. Sadly BBM ain't got it yet while snapchat does. We shall see what the next few months bring.... Brought to you by the folks at My Space and Facebook
    11-26-13 08:49 AM
    CNBC slamming Blackberry again. GOOD.com is twice as secure as BES10. IPO nest year $1B+.

'Good' technology eyeing IPO - CNBC
    Anyone watching this should realise the power of PR. Exposure like that is paid for.

This is where powerful PR helps. BlackBerry need strong PR, branding and marketing. BlackBerry should take a note from goods book.

Posted via CB10
    danprown and morganplus8 like this.
    11-26-13 08:50 AM
    Anyone watching this should realise the power of PR. Exposure like that is paid for.

This is where powerful PR helps. BlackBerry need strong PR, branding and marketing. BlackBerry should take a note from goods book.

Posted via CB10
    It's also sort of lies.

These people obviously don't even understand the nature of FIPS security classifications and how it applies to the BYOD-world.

Level 4 is twice as good as level 2, that's just math, right?

Holy Jesus people are stupid.
    11-26-13 09:02 AM
113,250 ... 22292230223122322233 ...