View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The Euro-troika is finally out. I was ridiculed when I said they were tremendously wrong hires on many levels. It is time to return BlackBerry to North-American-bred management. The next step is to wean them off their habit of picking up telcos' sloppy seconds (this ship has sailed) and infuse them with Valley talent. This is the only way forward. The stock will respond immediately.

Since PW has to be nice to the Toronto establishment, it is unlikely he will be able to remove the figureheads and tokens at the board level, but Roger Martin is a good start.

Also, the second break-up fee will soon expire so maybe, just maybe, there is a chance to hear from Mike L.

My opinion is that a hostile take over bid (unless it is from MSFT, etc) may provide some upwards movement, but will be terrible for sales and may leave the company hanging in further uncertainly. I would rather have Chen move the chains forward.
    anon(4086547) and fedakd like this.
    11-25-13 09:05 AM
    Yeah, more details would have been nice. But I like what I hear so far.

1. Focus on enterprises.
    2. Provide best devices.
    3. xBBM
    4. QNX

BlackBerry is already the best in these 4 areas, so focusing on them to clear out competitors might constitute the 4 legs that hold up BlackBerry. The remaining question is whose arse is sitting on this 4-legged stool? LOL
    I would also love them to focus on xBBM. I really think this could save them in the public eye , not so much add to there bottom line but it can really help with there perception. They really need to focus on enterprise and start landing big contracts again and really start pushing. QNX is prop the only department that doesnt need much help , as it has been growing year over year pretty nicely. I think this will be there future bread and butter.
    11-25-13 09:06 AM
    where do you have the evidence QNX has been growing year after year pretty nicely. I can't seem to figure out where BBRY breaks down anything QNX related -- revenue, marketshare, employment numbers.

I would also love them to focus on xBBM. I really think this could save them in the public eye , not so much add to there bottom line but it can really help with there perception. They really need to focus on enterprise and start landing big contracts again and really start pushing. QNX is prop the only department that doesnt need much help , as it has been growing year over year pretty nicely. I think this will be there future bread and butter.
    11-25-13 09:13 AM
    Anyone notice that once again Chen puts out a press release that mentions everything but BB10 ?
    peter9477 and Superfly_FR like this.
    11-25-13 09:23 AM
    where do you have the evidence QNX has been growing year after year pretty nicely. I can't seem to figure out where BBRY breaks down anything QNX related -- revenue, marketshare, employment numbers.
    I wasn't talking about figures and dollar amounts. I was talking about general exposure and QNX has made its way nicely into the auto industry and seems to continue to grow from a pure perception point of view
    rarsen, bungaboy and danprown like this.
    11-25-13 09:23 AM
    Anyone notice that once again Chen puts out a press release that mentions everything but BB10 ?
    Maybe it has been sold to Google lol
    bungaboy and techvisor like this.
    11-25-13 09:24 AM
    Nope ... But when I see the current overall reliability, I believe we're not that far from Gold release.
    Crossing fingers that any new device will run this amazing piece of OS.
    Next month, we enter the hard core Christmas period ... would love to see it drop by then, but I think it's very optimistic.
    OPTIMISTIC.....

To think that it will get released to the majority of users and potential buyers?

Or to think that is would make ANY difference within that time frame?

I think 10.2.1.xxx is very cool, and has made running Android Apps MUCH better (still needs a lot of work - stabliity and compatiblity). Not even sure how you would promote it to consumers, with the existing hardware that we have and that Android has.

By now most everyone knows what they want, or will be buying - This Christmas season is done for BlackBerry....
    anon(4086547) and techvisor like this.
    11-25-13 09:25 AM
    OPTIMISTIC.....

To think that it will get released to the majority of users and potential buyers?

I think 10.2.1.xxx is very cool, and has made running Android Apps MUCH better (still needs a lot of work - stabliity and compatiblity). Not even sure how you would promote it to consumers, with the existing hardware that we have and that Android has.

By now most everyone knows what they want, or will be buying - This Christmas season is done for BlackBerry....
    Xmas is over and has been for months - everything is locked in now.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-25-13 09:29 AM
    Haven't posted in a while, will do a big one later.

On top of the four legs it looks like BlackBerry are trying to create a number of top apps for the prosumer. Their target could be to take this cross platform in the future, with maybe BlackBerry handsets getting premium version.

They are starting to rack them up.

BBM - messaging, video, voice
    Travel - just awesome for travelling business man
    Docs to go
    Express - presentation app in beta, quite nice, I had a play with it.
    Channels - will be like social network, I agree with Morgan could link here with linkedin.

There may be some more I am unaware of...

I think there is an opportunity here, not for direct profit, but exposure for the brand.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 09:36 AM
    iPhone fans are most in love with BBM - who saw that coming? http://www.techradar.com/us/news/pho...c=rss&attr=all
    11-25-13 09:44 AM
    I don't disagree with the rest but I don't see too much effort being expanded on docs to go - way too crowded of a market and way too many large players. Useful as a bundled freebie but not much potential beyond that.
    11-25-13 09:47 AM
    "The next step is to wean them off their habit of picking up telcos' sloppy seconds (this ship has sailed) and infuse them with Valley talent."

Wouldn't mind that at all.

Considering JC's background, it is also likely. Anything BBRY does to solidly reestablish itself in the US would be positive, in my mind.
    danprown, bungaboy, fedakd and 1 others like this.
    11-25-13 09:47 AM
    Why would they otherwise get rid of Kristian Tear..

And no announcement of a replacement? Strange.
    Neither Boulben nor Tear will be replaced, BlackBerry said. Board member Roger Martin also has resigned from the company.
    11-25-13 09:49 AM
    Neither Boulben nor Tear will be replaced, BlackBerry said. Board member Roger Martin also has resigned from the company.
    Yeah they got rid of the CMO and COO posts.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    11-25-13 09:53 AM
    I hadn't, but that's interesting. I wonder if it hints at an intention to gradually ditch "BB10" as any sort of brand, and return attention to "BlackBerry". In effect, act as though the transition from BBOS is finished, which it probably is in most ways that matter.
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    11-25-13 09:58 AM
    Neither Boulben nor Tear will be replaced, BlackBerry said.
    For now. I really doubt Chen thinks that the best way forward, for all time, is to have the CEO running around interfacing with all the marketing teams, dealing with supply issues, and so on. At least, I hope he doesn't think that would be a good idea.
    11-25-13 10:02 AM
    Don't you get the feeling that something much bigger is going to drop soon? I smell a major deal in the works or a partnership coming. The stage is being set for some solid news, they must have come up with something after that strategic review. Who knows .............
    rarsen, jfguay2, danprown and 19 others like this.
    11-25-13 10:03 AM
    He mentioned "best devices". I might be wrong, but i can not imaging that he wanted to say "the best android devices" (regarding hardware or what?!). Best devices in my ear are best devices with the user experience and security of BB10.
    11-25-13 10:04 AM
    He mentioned "best devices". I might be wrong, but i can not imaging that he wanted to say "the best android devices" (regarding hardware or what?!). Best devices in my ear are best devices with the user experience and security of BB10.
    But the most parsimonious answer would simply to name BB10 and he has avoided doing so twice in a row, I cannot believe that is an oversight.
    11-25-13 10:06 AM
    Don't you get the feeling that something much bigger is going to drop soon? I smell a major deal in the works or a partnership coming. The stage is being set for some solid news, they must have come up with something after that strategic review. Who knows .............
    This possibility would be consistent with my experience.
    Recently a pharma asked me to exercise my stock options and got rid of a key positions. Weeks after that, the company was merged with a bigger one with those canned positions already in place.
    But I guess we just to wait and see...
    11-25-13 10:20 AM
    But the most parsimonious answer would simply to name BB10 and he has avoided doing so twice in a row, I cannot believe that is an oversight.
    I don't want to be US centric, but the issue with BB10 in the US is that the official version is still/only 10.1 and missing a lot. Until they somehow get Verizon and rest to push 10.2 I think he is smart not to force the issue. The way updates work on BB in the US is really a major hassle, wait , wait, wait......
    Corbu, bungaboy, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    11-25-13 10:26 AM
    I don't want to be US centric, but the issue with BB10 in the US is that the official version is still/only 10.1 and missing a lot. Until they somehow get Verizon and rest to push 10.2 I think he is smart not to force the issue. The way updates work on BB in the US is really a major hassle, wait , wait, wait......
    I agree that it's a problem. Probably not just in the US, friends in Hong Kong complained about it too.
    My answer to them was "that's what leaks are for", but I really think that BB should have a way for users to by-pass carriers if they choose to. Call it Gamma-version or something and let people download it from a centralized location.
    bungaboy, sidhuk, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    11-25-13 10:44 AM
    I agree that it's a problem. Probably not just in the US, friends in Hong Kong complained about it too.
    My answer to them was "that's what leaks are for", but I really think that BB should have a way for users to by-pass carriers if they choose to. Call it Gamma-version or something and let people download it from a centralized location.
    Leaks simply don't exist for the majority of users especially corporate - having said that, version upgrades themselves are generally not a matter of burning interest to ordinary users because they simply don't follow such matters - if a button appears every now and again that says "upgrade" great but otherwise I've never seen any research that says they that care.

I honestly think analysis of the technical stuff like that is down in the weeds in regards to the overall chances of survival.
    peter9477 and aniym like this.
    11-25-13 10:56 AM
    Hmm, maybe he thinks, the brand name "BB10" is somehow poisoned. It's already labeled as a failure in the mind of so many people. So maybe it's better to mention all other services and possible business portfolio more often, to show that BB is more than BB10. To revitalize the BB10 brand he needs a great marketing strategy first.
    ... I think we just overinterpret it
    11-25-13 11:03 AM
    OPTIMISTIC.....

Android part is the icing of the cake. Did you run 10.2.1 and try to count all the new features and hudge polish ? I guess not ... well; I'm sure not.
    11-25-13 11:18 AM
113,256 ... 22262227222822292230 ...