View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Speaking of QNX:
    2013 LA Auto Show | 2015 Chevrolet Colorado pickup truck revealed | Digital Trends

And if you think OnStar isn't built on QNX please see this:
    30 Ways QNX Touches Your Life

Posted via CB10
    Edit....I will be grabbing this little truck as a daily driver and save the big one for heavy towing only ...bout time they smartened up and brought this back...that little diesel should get well better than 35 miles/gal.
    Should try a real diesel. LoL

2014 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel V6 | Diesel Engine Truck | RAM Trucks
    morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    11-24-13 03:07 PM
    Lol...they are both made by the same Italian manufacturer.

Posted via CB10

Edit...designed with in GM's case...Dodge is going with their actual engine and just re-branding it.
    http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...iews/130929945
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    11-24-13 03:16 PM

Posted via CB10

Edit...designed with in GM's case...Dodge is going with their actual engine and just re-branding it.
    http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...iews/130929945
    Edit, Edit...might try one of these yet ...those Laramme packages are pretty nice.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 03:34 PM

Posted via CB10

2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel test drive review with pricing, specs, photo gallery and details - Autoweek - Autoweek
    Got me! Thats what I deserve for trying to be a smart arse.
    Shanerredflag and sidhuk like this.
    11-24-13 03:35 PM
    Got me! Thats what I deserve for trying to be a smart arse.
    Lol...hey, I've been following these developments for a while because I want an excuse to buy a new one lol.

Now, anyone know how to make Yorkshire pudding? I'm suprising the wifey with supper. Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 03:40 PM
    Edit, Edit...might try one of these yet ...those Laramme packages are pretty nice.

Posted via CB10
    The Laramie is "full size" and I believe the Colorado is "mid-size".

I am thinking of the RAM 1500 Laramie 4x4 diesel as my daily driver. Will get rid of the F150 and keep my RAM 3500 for hauling my 5th wheel RV.
    11-24-13 03:42 PM
    Lol...hey, I've been following these developments for a while because I want an excuse to buy a new one lol.

Now, anyone know how to make Yorkshire pudding? I'm suprising the wifey with supper. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Equal parts egg, milk, and flower. Season with salt and pepper. Preheat the oven to 350, get a muffin tin fill the cups about halfway with oil, place oil filled pan in oven with a baking sheet under it to catch any mess. When the oil has been heated, pull the rack out and pour your mixture into the cups, put back in and cook till golden brown. Should be about 5-10 minutes. When done, remove the puddings from the pan and let cool. Reheat or eat right away.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 03:50 PM
    The first-ever QNX technology concept car to hit CES

"QNX provided the software foundation for the LTE Connected Car, including the OS, touchscreen user interfaces, media players for YouTube and Pandora, navigation system, Bluetooth connectivity, games, and handsfree integration. But why am I blabbing on about this when I could show you? Cue the screen captures..."

QNX Auto Blog: The first-ever QNX technology concept car to hit CES
    Now pair that via bridge with BB10 devices, giving BB owners some advantage by not needing a separate data plan for the car infosystem.
    11-24-13 03:51 PM
    Equal parts egg, milk, and flower. Season with salt and pepper. Preheat the oven to 350, get a muffin tin fill the cups about halfway with oil, place oil filled pan in oven with a baking sheet under it to catch any mess. When the oil has been heated, pull the rack out and pour your mixture into the cups, put back in and cook till golden brown. Should be about 5-10 minutes. When done, remove the puddings from the pan and let cool. Reheat or eat right away.

Posted via CB10
    Awesome...thanks Chris...

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, cjcampbell and sidhuk like this.
    11-24-13 03:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Shoulda bought the Swanson's with the Yorkshire pudding. LoL

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-class_size_hungry-man.jpg

Wifey and friends getting primed for Grey Cup game? LoL
    Shanerredflag, sidhuk and Kid Vibe like this.
    11-24-13 03:56 PM
    Shoulda bought the Swanson's with the Yorkshire pudding. LoL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	class_size_hungry-man.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	223924

Wifey and friends getting primed for Grey Cup game? LoL
    Christmas is at our place this year so she's "shopping" lol...I'm timing for a halftime dinner for everyone. lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 04:12 PM
    Christmas is at our place this year so she's "shopping" lol...I'm timing for a halftime dinner for everyone. lol.

Posted via CB10
    Youse da good man Charley Brown.
    sidhuk likes this.
    11-24-13 04:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    You better let her shop or you'll be eating these . . .

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-hungryman.jpg
    11-24-13 04:20 PM
    I agree with all of this SF! You're a smart man.

And to everyone who's asking about how I got that big number, I got it by doing a little math.(130,000 * $2400 = $312000000 , Z10's sold @ (assuming) $300 * 130,000 = $39,000,000). Not saying it was all BlackBerry's money, but I'm sure they gave them a BULK price. And who knows if they decided they'd split or give them a bigger chunk. I can only imagine that if the two company's relationship is good, then I'd expect a bigger return. This isn't solely benefiting BlackBerry, Porsche Designs gets to show off and make a bunch of cash. My own opinion. I would really like to see their actual numbers which should be reported to us next month, right?
    Don't you think Harrods kept at least 50% of that money? Do you know what it cost to produce the phone and what Harods bought them for? I thought these were 2012 sales? If so those numbers were reported quarters ago, probably not broken out. A little math is a dangerous thing.....
    11-24-13 04:21 PM
    Don't you think Harrods kept at least 50% of that money? Do you know what it cost to produce the phone and what Harods bought them for? I thought these were 2012 sales? If so those numbers were reported quarters ago, probably not broken out. A little math is a dangerous thing.....
    You were a newb once too . . .

The dude stated ". . . Not saying it was all BlackBerry's money, but I'm sure they gave them a BULK price. And who knows if they decided they'd split or give them a bigger chunk. . . . "
    11-24-13 04:30 PM
    On the matter of the P9982, a point of view from the UAE:
    BlackBerry looks to get back in the race with new Porsche designed phone | The National

"BlackBerry unveiled its latest collaboration with Porsche in Dubai yesterday - a slick handset that costs Dh8,600.

The P9982 handset is the second time the two companies have worked together to design the hardware of a BlackBerry phone. The previous model the P9981 sold more than 130,000 units worldwide and BlackBerry is expecting similar sales this time.

Based on the BlackBerry Z10 model launched earlier this year, the P9982 has the same specifications, but with larger internal storage and 4G compatible connectivity. The phone, encased with stainless steel and Italian leather, will go on sale across Porsche retail stores and some BlackBerry stores worldwide.

“The Middle East has been a high-end market. We know that customers always look for luxurious high-end devices and the two successful brands’ combination will make it more attractive. It is not just about the look and feel, but also the functionality,” said Mike Al Mefleh, the director of product management at BlackBerry Middle East.

The region has become a prime focus for luxury retailers and now phone manufacturers are keen to tap into the high disposable incomes in the GCC in particular.

Vertu, the UK luxury brand formerly owned by Nokia, has seen substantial sales in the region and the Middle East is now its second largest market after Asia-Pacific. It has six retail outlets in the UAE, selling its handcrafted phones, which start at Dh25,4000.

“Strictly speaking this is a Porsche Design phone, not a BlackBerry one, and it competes with the likes of luxury smartphone brand Vertu,” said Adriana Tangel, the research director of systems and infrastructure solutions at the information provider IDC. “That is where it will face perhaps unsurmountable competition as Vertu phones are now running Android and this platform offers the kind of applications ecosystem and support mechanisms that the BlackBerry OS can no longer provide.”

With a 6.9 per cent market share in the Middle East smartphone market as of the third quarter of this year, Ms Tangel said she was confident that the P9982 would enjoy “healthy sales” as customer preference for BlackBerry in the region remains high compared with other parts of the world.

Earlier this month BlackBerry’s chief executive Thorsten Heins stepped down as the company revealed that the US$4.7 billion sale of the company to Fairfax had collapsed. BlackBerry’s stock has fallen 45 per cent this year as the company lost almost $1bn in the previous quarter. Executives are under increasing pressure to retain lost market share in a bid to save the company."
    Otech#CB, bungaboy, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    11-24-13 05:33 PM
    I agree, but as @Bungaboy said, I didn't deny the fact...And I do think Porsche Design made a chunk of cash which was well earned.

In regards to sales, guess I missed the report on that, but how come we still don't know for sure what they made on those Porsche Design phones? That is why I had to use my noodle, and do a little risky math.
    11-24-13 05:46 PM
    Hope everyone has been having a good weekend. I've been spending more time lately talking to users of other phones. Some observations:

1. Talked with a bright high school senior about his iPhone. He likes the ecosystem, but he he is thinking about getting a Droid for his next phone because of how unfriendly Apple's practices are. First, he is miffed that iOS7 has slowed his phone to a crawl. He says it's a great OS on iPhone 5's, but not for anyone on a slightly old phone. He also doesn't like that he can't expand the storage, and that the new iPhones have yet another proprietary adapter. The other complaint was the form factor - he wants more choice in phone size.

I showed him my Z10 running 10.2.1, and put it in his hand. He loved it, especially the keyboard. My point wasn't to sell him on the phone, it was to test his reaction. He liked the speed and the multi-tasking, and he thought the video was excellent. The keyboard and flicking of words actually made his eyes widen with how good they were. And of course, he said, "this is nothing like a BlackBerry" (his Dad is a legacy user).

BB10 can impress people. There is STILL a long way to go (apps, ecosystem, marketing, perception), but 10.2.1 is solid.

2. The young man said that Google Hangouts is great for video study groups. I've been *very* dismissive of Google Talk / Chat / Hangouts for subpar performance, but it sounds like it has improved. He said that Hangouts performs much better than Skype. I've been wanting BBMX to hit the desktop for corporate users, but I didn't think about how useful it would be for streaming classrooms and study sessions. Packaging it for schools and students would be interesting.

3. A friend told me how he went to a music festival in Texas last year (I think it was South by Southwest), and there were special events that were ONLY open to Samsung Galaxy users. He said it was great marketing, but of course also off-putting. But imagine that kind of promotion for BBMX... it would be open to users of virtually every smartphone, as long as they downloaded BBMX. It would be a great way to promote Channels as well.

Alright, have a good evening everyone.
    Last edited by Reed Richards; 11-24-13 at 07:30 PM.
    11-24-13 06:04 PM
    I agree, but as @Bungaboy said, I didn't deny the fact...And I do think Porsche Design made a chunk of cash which was well earned.

In regards to sales, guess I missed the report on that, but how come we still don't know for sure what they made on those Porsche Design phones? That is why I had to use my noodle, and do a little risky math.
    It's not a big deal either way. You could pull up the ER and see if they break them out, but I doubt they would. I'll end my snarkiness here. I think we can agree it was much better for PR and brand image then the P&L. Keep up the enthusiasm.
    Otech#CB and bungaboy like this.
    11-24-13 06:18 PM
    I think this discussion of how much profit anyone made on these P9982 phones (or whether anyone did) is largely missing the real value.

Think instead about the types of people that are the buyers. What roles do they have in life?

Do they control large budgets (duh) in companies, and potentially influence the purchasing policies of those companies and ultimately what phones are used by thousands of their employees?

Now re-read that last sentence and substitute "countries" where I wrote "companies".

And what about the celebrities who buy them, and their spheres of influence?

Really, the dollar calculations aren't relevant compared to the potential benefits of getting prestige phones -- running BB10 -- into the right hands.
    11-24-13 06:32 PM
    It's not a big deal either way. You could pull up the ER and see if they break them out, but I doubt they would. I'll end my snarkiness here. I think we can agree it was much better for PR and brand image then the P&L. Keep up the enthusiasm.
    Thanks OMG. Much appreciated! I wont go through the trouble if it was in the last report, at least not now.But I will pay attention for this next one. And yes, PR definitely did a better job. I'm hoping we can see the P&L Statement improve over these next quarters. Sooner than later of course.
    11-24-13 06:35 PM
    Jason

To get you up taped, I think everyone knows that there are risks.

Congrats on being where everyone else was two years ago.

Do your bankers know everything thesis with ZINC. I'm buying in on Monday
    Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 07:08 PM
    They're not giving up. And I think BBM Channels can do a great deal for BlackBerry. Acquiring the right social media management team like ScrOOn, is a smart move. Just another reason why I believe company will not flop due to not keeping up with its projects, business plans, and strategies. Only a natural disaster can stop BlackBerry now.
    Well, not to sound biased (because I am not French), but everything I have ever seen made or designed in France = quality, so I have high hopes for the success of this merger.

Go BlackBerry!
    11-25-13 12:01 AM
    On the matter of the P9982, a point of view from the UAE:
    BlackBerry looks to get back in the race with new Porsche designed phone | The National

...Strictly speaking this is a Porsche Design phone, not a BlackBerry one, and it competes with the likes of luxury smartphone brand Vertu,� said Adriana Tangel, the research director of systems and infrastructure solutions at the information provider IDC. �That is where it will face perhaps unsurmountable competition as Vertu phones are now running Android..."

Yeah, except they failed to mention that (just around the bend) BlackBerry will have full Android runtime, and we know what that means....

[I just D/L the Android Clash of Clans APK to show my son the power of BlackBerry. He was shocked how it looked and performed, especially on the big screen via HDMI.]

Say, does anyone know how the QNX component of the BlackBerry portfolio gets quantified at ER? For example, is it put under 'other income', or what??
    I don't recall seeing the QNX Broken out separately.
    Thanks in advance.
    bungaboy, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    11-25-13 12:12 AM
    Well, not to sound biased (because I am not French), but everything I have ever seen made or designed in France = quality, so I have high hopes for the success of this merger.

Go BlackBerry!
    Lol, as do I.
    And not to mention, BlackBerry has great taste in companies that it decides to buy.
    Soumaila Somtore likes this.
    11-25-13 12:27 AM
113,252 ... 22242225222622272228 ...