Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Alright Gang.
    BBM on desktop.
    Install Bluestack on PC or Mac from here. Run Mobile Apps on Windows PC or Mac with BlueStacks | Android App Player
    it will take a while to install runtime.
    once installed Bluestack then search for apps and setup any android store in bluestack.
    (I installed firefox app from google store in bluestack)
    Treat bluestack as your android tablet basically.
    in bluestack firefox or any browser of your choice search BBM
    (I picked this apk BBM apk v 1.0.2.83 Official relase Download - APK Drawer )
    download it and after download, just install it by clicking on the downloaded file in firefox downloaded file window.
    (if you try to search bbm directly in android store it wont show up because BBM is not compatible with tablets (LoL) )
    create a bbm ID and BOB is your uncle.
    BBM on desktop.
    EDIT: To fix the portrait app orientation, once the desired app is open, right click on bluestack icon in the pc taskbar notification icons and enable rotate portrait apps option.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbm-desktop.jpg
    there is the final setups. now I can control most of the things from desktop.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbm-desktop.jpg
    Last edited by sidhuk; 11-23-13 at 02:57 PM.
    11-23-13 01:51 PM
    Done! It's deleted, sorry for the trouble.
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    11-23-13 02:40 PM
    Got it. I know its possible but it's not a done deal and we have no idea how close they are to doing it or if it will ever officially happen. How the OP can simply post that BBRY and Google are in talks, well that would be a big news breaking event......

No big deal, just that hyperbole and assumptions posted as fact drive me nuts.
    Bro, I read the article on N4BB. It say's that the pics are fake....but the talks are very true.....I ain't making stuff up.
    11-23-13 02:47 PM
    The first-ever QNX technology concept car to hit CES

"QNX provided the software foundation for the LTE Connected Car, including the OS, touchscreen user interfaces, media players for YouTube and Pandora, navigation system, Bluetooth connectivity, games, and handsfree integration. But why am I blabbing on about this when I could show you? Cue the screen captures..."

QNX Auto Blog: The first-ever QNX technology concept car to hit CES
    11-23-13 03:35 PM
    The first-ever QNX technology concept car to hit CES

"QNX provided the software foundation for the LTE Connected Car, including the OS, touchscreen user interfaces, media players for YouTube and Pandora, navigation system, Bluetooth connectivity, games, and handsfree integration. But why am I blabbing on about this when I could show you? Cue the screen captures..."

QNX Auto Blog: The first-ever QNX technology concept car to hit CES
    Genius! That is incredible. I've heard some talk about it and their previous car jobs. They should give it perfect compatibility with BB7-up (Most importantly BB10) because its always good to support your own software.

Great post @Zyben
    zyben likes this.
    11-23-13 03:54 PM
    Done! It's deleted, sorry for the trouble.
    Admire your passion! Hang in. You'll soon learn about most of us "shell shocked" long timers. LoL
    11-23-13 04:19 PM
    motion detector tripped

false positive - post does not seem to exist
    11-23-13 04:23 PM
    Admire your passion! Hang in. You'll soon learn about most of us "shell shocked" long timers. LoL
    Doing my best! Thanks for the love.

A little OT...There was a time where I forgot all about CrackBerry, it's kinda weird. I got to experience different things for about 2 years after passing the close-to-brand new 9900 to my mom. And I'm glad BB10 has brought me back. There are some really great people to talk to!
    bungaboy, rarsen and anon(4086547) like this.
    11-23-13 04:27 PM
    Thoughts on tax selling in December?
    11-23-13 07:15 PM
    Man I am one of the ones that lost high figures on BBRY and BB stock, but I still love BB and hope they turn it around.
    I live in Kitchener Ontario where the impact of job losses are great and noticeable.

It is only a stock we bet on and we were wrong(speaking on the long side here)

I want to wish all happy returns and long life too all, and make some real money.

@morganplus8
    Do not know who the **** you are in real life, but I can say thank you for all your help with the BB stock, You gave your best guidance and continue too give your best even when your life is more important than a forum on the internet.
    zyben, jxnb, sidhuk and 14 others like this.
    11-23-13 07:28 PM
    I'm sitting on my bbry stock.

And plan on buying ZINC next.

Posted via CB10
    Otech#CB and anon(4086547) like this.
    11-23-13 07:55 PM
    Why do you say this OMG, it represents almost 0.001% of the market. (LOL) Hey, for anyone over 25, more Yugos were sold in America back in the day.
    Yes, the numbers are non-sensical. Contribution to BB revs, or earnings, by this outlier is lost in rounding. This was someone at BBs idea to market a cheep thrill ancillary to BB’s formidable task to rebuild, as well as old news in light of recent BB events. To what end does/did a promotion with Porsche provide an introduction/furtherance of OS10. Further, even as immaterial dollars, it is extremely doubtful that BB had made a dime on this product. While forging a long-term marketing campaign with Porsche may not have been a bad strategy, I sense that same disjointed marketing as per typical of BB. Indeed, no difference with the Mercedes sponsorship but, perhaps, that ad expense may have some meaningful return.
    These are called executive mgmt. (and/or Board) perk decisions rather than tied to true core marketing strategies. Granted, even with benefits (if any) difficult to weigh such costs ordinarily are immaterial to a corp. They simply afford addtl benefits (perks) to a select few that are most often lost in the accounting and otherwise unquestioned by shareholders (at least in financially strong corporations). Now, the numbers posted by Otech represent well … I concur with OMG and also am not sure about their veracity or intended representation (or where they came from). But, I will add that the Z10 presumptively makes no money at $300 with under 5mm sold. Remember, BB has to push 20mm of these OS10 boys a year out the door before even thinking of being let into the club again. 100,000 represents a run to calibrate equipment and test market acceptance or, as here, possibly a special edition collector’s item to sell on ebay for 4x original cost in 2020. [Note: Bold and bracketed were edits to above post.]
    Agreed that this is interesting, but you take from your compliment by pointing to what others have stated: To what end, to what ROI, earnings, or future earnings, are generated by this APPARENT one/two-off (?!) marketing endeavor ?!? And, to repeat, what was the strategy relative to OS10. This was an executive fantasy foray, just as I suspect the Mercedes sponsorship may have been.
    What is funny is I realize most of these type of comments are based of the assumption that "Porsche Design" means designed by Porsche, the automotovie maker. Sorry if I snile ... Porsche design is a design studio (Porsche Design) that has been hired by BlackBerry in their usual co-branding suit. It's not about selling products, it's about brand image and exposition/recognition. Given the numbers, as I explained above, this is at worse a zero cost operation (if you consider brand image worse zero ...). And I believe it is a very profitable operation.

Notwithstanding, the most positive benefit gained (however minimal) by BB likely is to claim a number 1 sales position at Harrods rather than some nominal association with Porsche. But any minor momentum gained by this distinction remains to be seen how it might aid BB.
    Old News Otech, and to what future end or purpose anyway?!? It’s a disjointed executive foray or their micro-pipe-dream.
    So, Porsche, Mercedes, why not Lamborghini, Lotus Ford, etc., etc. How about having a BB implemented a system into one of the major auto manufacturers rather than paying through the nose for a promotion or joint sponsorship? …. Didn’t happen!
    Didn't happen ? Really ???
    QNX: The little-known company that controls your car - Fortune Tech
    Under the bright lights of the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas last January, a stunning black Bentley sat with the top down on the showroom floor. The Bentley -- a Continental GTC convertible starting at $191,000 -- became the center of attention throughout most of the week as thousands of geeks filed through the Las Vegas Convention Center's North Hall. But it was not for its curvaceous sheet metal that attracted them but its futuristic dashboard inside. Developed by Ottawa-based software company QNX, this dashboard boasted 3-D maps and reverse cameras, pre-touch technology that kicks the massive 17-inch screen to life as a hand approaches, and even, per Bentley's request: video conferencing (only functional when the car is in park, of course). For more than a decade, QNX -- the same QNX that makes BlackBerry's (BBRY) new mobile operating system known as BlackBerry 10 -- has developed software specifically tailored toward the auto industry. Ask analysts what reputation QNX carries, and you'll get phrases like "rock solid" or "a solution for things that can't crash," fitting considering the potential consequences of a computer failure while traveling at freeway speeds. (In a 2003 interview, one QNX customer jokingly told Fortune, "The only way to make this software malfunction is to fire a bullet into the computer running it.") QNX has wielded this reputation to carve out an early hold on the so-called infotainment market share, shipping more than 9 million units in 2011, over 60% of all such units sold, according to Derek Kuhn, vice president of sales and marketing. Audi, Toyota (TM), BMW, Porsche, Honda (HMC), Land Rover -- QNX has been in them all, and Kuhn estimates QNX software currently operates in "tens of millions" of cars around the globe. An automotive industry report from IHS pegs infotainment revenues at $6.7 billion for 2013.

These are simply examples of disjointed relationships where BB absorbs the financial risk without any measurable benefit nor logical connection/thought to a future strategy. Just sponsor a Canadian Football team or cement a new corporate client with a sponsorship. [Note: Perhaps Mercedes or Porsche (however small) agreed to use BB corporate-wide as a result of their windfall from a BB relationship….doubtful.]
    Really, they have no idea of strategy and throw $ in the wild like you throw a bottle at sea ...
    Blackberry adjusts Mercedes F1 sponsorship | Sport Industry Group News
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-568x300_mercedes.jpg
    A familiar logo makes a new appearance on the side of the car ?

Hey, gimmicks (for BB) will go nowhere without the basics intact.
    I do agree. More: that's the point.
    Should they run into the "egg and chicken" questionning ?
    IMHO, no. They did/do - using these low level (or zero) investment communication strategies - an efficient brand promotion.
    Again, don't expect it to balance the timing problem they had with late release of BB10 devices.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-24-13 at 04:16 AM.
    11-24-13 03:58 AM
    Security . . . at it's best!

The German Government Might Give An Unexpected Boost To BlackBerry
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): The German Government Might Give An Unexpected Boost To BlackBerry - Seeking Alpha

And for all the fuss about Merkel's phone being bugged, CEO Hans-Christoph Quelle of Secusmart said:

The high security solution from Secusmart for secure communication within the government was not affected. The Secusmart company's encryption technique was developed together with security experts at the BSI (The German Federal Office for Information Security) and their security is openly documented. It's based on the Secusmart Security Card, a micro SD card with an integrated SmartCard chip. This miniature crypto-processor takes care of the encryption of voice and data communication within the mobile phone including authenticating calling parties. Its 128-bit AES encryption enables 340 sextillion different keys-imagine 36 zeros after the number 340.

Theoretically, it would take 149 billion years to crack this code based on today's technical standards, even with the use of special computers. The universe itself isn't even that old. That'll definitely keep the USA busy for a while.
    11-24-13 06:56 AM
    Its 128-bit AES encryption enables 340 sextillion different keys-imagine 36 zeros after the number 340.
    The above quote seems to lose the author of that article some credibility. That would be only 21 zeros after the 340, or maybe it's not really sextillion.

Edit: Oops, my mistake. I'd forgotten there were differences between British and North American usage of some of those terms. Sextillion does indeed have 36 zeros for the Brits... (Also the author, George Kesarios, was quoting the CEO of Secusmart and didn't write those words himself.)
    Last edited by peter9477; 11-24-13 at 08:13 AM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-24-13 07:49 AM
    The above quote seems to lose the author of that article some credibility. That would be only 21 zeros after the 340, or maybe it's not really sextillion.

Edit: Oops, my mistake. I'd forgotten there were differences between British and North American usage of some of those terms. Sextillion does indeed have 36 zeros for the Brits...
    You are both correct. He was probably using the European scale, which is 36 I believe.

Edit: moot point after OP edited note.
    Posted via CB10
    rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    11-24-13 08:12 AM

Edit: Oops, my mistake. I'd forgotten there were differences between British and North American usage of some of those terms. Sextillion does indeed have 36 zeros for the Brits...
    You lost me after 9 zeros. LoL
    11-24-13 08:12 AM
    You lost me after 9 zeros. LoL
    In terms of money, you don't really need to go higher than that, do you?

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, sidhuk, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    11-24-13 08:20 AM
    Yes not a sextillion. 128 bit encryption = 2 ^ 128 = 3.40 * 10^38. Or 340 Undecillioin according to wikipedia. Or interestingly enough, perhaps they're referencing the British system, which goes in incriments of 10^6 between successive prefixes. Million = 10^6, Billion = 10^12 etc.

So even if you're down on the stock you can say 'hey, I learned something'.
    11-24-13 08:27 AM
    In terms of money, you don't really need to go higher than that, do you?

Posted via CB10
    9 zeros for vibration modes? That will sell Tons of millions of Berries.
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-24-13 08:42 AM
    Speaking of advertising...hope they find a way to continue with Mercedes next year. They overachieved this year with several podiums and even put up a win.
    Next season there is an engine change and Mercedes has a beast which should see them leap frog the Red Bull guys...more podiums, more exposure more excitment!...Lewis and Nico are great spokesmen as well, it's a "must do" expense in my mind :

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-facebook-20131124-081225.png

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 223808

Attachment 223809
    Attachment 223810
    Attachment 223811
    Corbu, rarsen, plasmid_boy and 3 others like this.
    11-24-13 09:19 AM
    9 zeros for vibration modes? That will sell Tons of millions of Berries.
    'get in the mood with vibrations from your sextillion machine'

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    11-24-13 09:40 AM
    Speaking of QNX:
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/ch...hauler-dreams/

And if you think OnStar isn't built on QNX please see this:
    http://www.qnx.com/company/30ways/

Posted via CB10
    Edit....I will be grabbing this little truck as a daily driver and save the big one for heavy towing only ...bout time they smartened up and brought this back...that little diesel should get well better than 35 miles/gal.
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 11-24-13 at 02:56 PM.
    Otech#CB, rarsen, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    11-24-13 02:25 PM
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitche...-bbm-1.2436947

We acquired Scroon because we wanted a premium management experience for our BBM Channels brand partners
    Posted via CB10.
    11-24-13 02:32 PM
    What is funny is I realize most of these type of comments are based of the assumption that "Porsche Design" means designed by Porsche, the automotovie maker. Sorry if I snile ... Porsche design is a design studio (Porsche Design) that has been hired by BlackBerry in their usual co-branding suit. It's not about selling products, it's about brand image and exposition/recognition. Given the numbers, as I explained above, this is at worse a zero cost operation (if you consider brand image worse zero ...). And I believe it is a very profitable operation.

Didn't happen ? Really ???
    QNX: The little-known company that controls your car - Fortune Tech

Really, they have no idea of strategy and throw $ in the wild like you throw a bottle at sea ...
    Blackberry adjusts Mercedes F1 sponsorship | Sport Industry Group News
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	568x300_Mercedes.jpg 
Views:	857 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	223765
    A familiar logo makes a new appearance on the side of the car ?

I do agree. More: that's the point.
    Should they run into the "egg and chicken" questionning ?
    IMHO, no. They did/do - using these low level (or zero) investment communication strategies - an efficient brand promotion.
    Again, don't expect it to balance the timing problem they had with late release of BB10 devices.
    I agree with all of this SF! You're a smart man.

And to everyone who's asking about how I got that big number, I got it by doing a little math.(130,000 * $2400 = $312000000 , Z10's sold @ (assuming) $300 * 130,000 = $39,000,000). Not saying it was all BlackBerry's money, but I'm sure they gave them a BULK price. And who knows if they decided they'd split or give them a bigger chunk. I can only imagine that if the two company's relationship is good, then I'd expect a bigger return-on-investment. This isn't solely benefiting BlackBerry, Porsche Designs gets to show off and make a bunch of cash. My own opinion. I would really like to see their actual numbers which should be reported to us next month, right?
    Last edited by Otech#CB; 11-24-13 at 04:22 PM.
    11-24-13 02:56 PM
    They're not giving up. And I think BBM Channels can do a great deal for BlackBerry. Acquiring the right social media management team like ScrOOn, is a smart move. Just another reason why I believe company will not flop due to not keeping up with its projects, business plans, and strategies. Only a natural disaster can stop BlackBerry now.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    11-24-13 03:05 PM
113,256 ... 22232224222522262227 ...