View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I wish to see BBRY overbought for a few months, just like it experienced oversold periods.

I see that we are in a big wedge from the June ER. I would like to see this go above $7 to start a new trend. Hopefully, an uptrend.

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-11-22-2.51.03-pm.png
    11-22-13 02:06 PM
    I wish to see BBRY overbought for a few months, just like it experienced oversold periods.

I see that we are in a big wedge from the June ER. I would like to see this go above $7 to start a new trend. Hopefully, an uptrend.

Daily:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-11-22 at 2.51.03 PM.png 
Views:	399 
Size:	286.4 KB 
ID:	223373
    what about the upcoming earning report shake up effect? historically this stock has been down after every earning report. any thoughts on that?
    11-22-13 02:11 PM
    what about the upcoming earning report shake up effect? historically this stock has been down after every earning report. any thoughts on that?
    We might get a surprise this QTR either way lol. If they get that tax refund and see how much they cut from there operating cost we could see a positive Eps but on the other hand the whole "for sale sign" could of really screwed us
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    11-22-13 02:15 PM
    Another day for the shorts. Here comes the "squeeze"
    m1a1mg likes this.
    11-22-13 02:34 PM
    Another day for the shorts. Here comes the "squeeze"
    Wait until the last 15.
    11-22-13 02:36 PM
    Hi Sidhuk; after our (fellow supporters of BBRY) quite exhaustive calculations and different thoughts in the past 3 months, my take is that a break even or slightly profitable quarter is quite possible. However, I am not even sure, if the market would stop bashing this stock, should it happen.

There is also a thought of more cash burn that none of us could estimate with the info that we can collect, which might mean that the December ER could still reflect a negative quarter.

I recall that, in one of my post as a reply to the discussion with Morgan and others, if sales of handsets is the same as the last quarter, then there is a chance for a slightly profitable quarter.

Here is the post:

Using Morgan's estimate of $300 / unit, which I think makes sense as a representation of 2.2 million Q10 and Q5 combined, we have $600 million to show in December ER. Let's say service revenue is either the same $800 million or up a bit. We have $1.4 billion already to show. When we add other phones sold through to end customers in the quarter of December ER, let's say, there is no increase to be conservative, another 2.2 million, we have another $600 million. The total so far is $2 billion in revenue. Assuming $1.4 billion operating expense even after additional cost cutting measures, and no more inventory write off; we have $600 million in profit.

This is a rough calculation, of course. Possible?
    bungaboy, jxnb, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    11-22-13 02:42 PM
    Hi Sidhuk; after our (fellow supporters of BBRY) quite exhaustive calculations and different thoughts in the past 3 months, my take is that a break even or slightly profitable quarter is quite possible. However, I am not even sure, if the market would stop bashing this stock, should it happen.

There is also a thought of more cash burn that none of us could estimate with the info that we can collect, which might mean that the December ER could still reflect a negative quarter.

I recall that, in one of my post as a reply to the discussion with Morgan and others, if sales of handsets is the same as the last quarter, then there is a chance for a slightly profitable quarter.

Here is the post:
    Also Dec ER we will see those handsets recognized that where not last ER because of the change in how they recognized handsets sold
    11-22-13 02:47 PM
    Baaaaam.

Twice a day.
    11-22-13 02:59 PM
    Baaaaam.

Twice a day.
    Well done, sir!
    bungaboy and BlackistheBerry like this.
    11-22-13 03:03 PM
    Anyone have any thought on the way it traded in the last 45 mins
    11-22-13 03:04 PM
    Everyone jumped on the bandwagon, then jumped off, then jumped back on again.
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-22-13 03:05 PM
    Wait until the last 15.
    BBRY $6.24 *0.20 +3.31%
    Thanks Morlock_man. Some fools just can't stop making fools of themselves!!!!
    11-22-13 03:07 PM
    we never heard back from is it Venezuela? Blackberry wants their damn money
    11-22-13 03:08 PM
    Baaaaam.

Twice a day.
    Pics or didn't happen.

Oh, wait. You were talking about BBRY didn't you?! Never mind.
    Sidhuk is messing with my mind... LOL
    11-22-13 03:20 PM
    Volume was too low to matter, is my only thought on it.

Did someone say there were actually upgrades today? Maybe it's just that almost no one is even paying attention to the stock now, so even upgrades haven't been noticed yet by the average investor.
    11-22-13 03:25 PM
    I played all day on the loader so not sure on upgrades but I see an OS update is being pushed through Bell...10.2.0.429

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 03:31 PM
    I played all day on the loader so not sure on upgrades but I see an OS update is being pushed through Bell...10.2.0.429

Posted via CB10
    Yup... my phone is currently restarting.
    11-22-13 03:33 PM
    Yup... my phone is currently restarting.
    Yes Rogers released it earlier today
    11-22-13 03:37 PM
    Got it on Fido a few hours ago too
    bungaboy, plasmid_boy and sidhuk like this.
    11-22-13 03:44 PM
    Yes Rogers released it earlier today
    Nothing on Rogers for the Z30 it seems...:-(

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 03:45 PM
    There is no "decline". There is a change in how language is used.
    1) If you go back to the early 1900s, and ask some of the best writers of the time to read the "professional" writing of the 60s-90s, they would also scoff at how terrible people's grasp of the English language has become.

Can you imagine speaking or writing in the Shakespearean style anytime in the 20th century? They would be laughed out of the room, yet it was considered normal.

2) Greater resources means that kids who wouldn't even have been literate are now getting education. Additionally, the internet means that you don't just read stuff written by people who are good at writing (why would you read stuff by somebody who was poor at writing in the past?), but with Twitter, and facebook, you end up reading stuff written up by pretty much all and sundry. Hence the "general" language skills appear poorer.

Personally (and I believe this is true of many of today's age), I write and think much better when I write stuff on paper, as opposed to typing it out. But that is simply a result of the way my brain works (it looks for spatial cues from the placement of text on paper). Kids who have grown up typing stuff on their computers or tablets will learn to think differently.

An example is this really smart MIT CS prof who was giving a lecture in college, who observed that his whole conception of time was based on a circular clock face. So if someone told him it was 4:15, he thought of it as where the hour hand falls on a clockface. However, his kids had grown up with only digital clocks around, and their way of conceptualizing time was completely alien to him. It didn't mean they didn't know what time meant. It just meant something different for them.
    I address in reverse order for ease of discussion: No argument with the increased opportunity that the internet has opened. In the past one needed at least access to a good library but, today, most (not all) can find access to all necessary for a good education on line.

I'm not sure but that several (very smart) professors a few blocks inland from the River (and MIT)might not agree whole-heartedly with applying too broadly the very smart MITprofessor's example to language except to bow to a quantitative argument regarding the some spatial significance of the hands on a clock vs. today's often digital representation. We're looking for more of a qualitative slant here with language.

Regarding changes in language and, your example, of Shakespeare. Now, be careful that you don't mix the concepts of etymology and the evolution of language with simply communication among different social strata. (The use/definition of both words and preferred sentence structure obviously has evolved.) We can often trace these changes not only from reading the works of writers through the ages but also we track evolution through knowledge of other Latin languages (in referencing English).

Children today may well think in a slightly different fashion than a few generations ago as, for example, use of inductive and deductive reasoning. And, sure there will be some slang words/phrases that will be formally adopted by the MLA and survive a few decades in the English language, as has occurred with all prior generations. But, you can be sure that language is not going to deteriorate into short text-like phrases and spellings based solely on phonics and symbols. Rather, I would argue that one may see in the future, and may already be apparent, a growth in the social/cultural gap where a much higher percentage of persons are unable to form a sentence and express themselves in any form of English. My point in an earlier post was simply that the advent of emails, let alone texting, for most has not resulted in a sharpening of their language skills even as there may be completion of satisfactory communications.

To be sure, effective communication is about conveying a thought in a form most understandable by one's audience but we're no closer to upsetting the need for formal language today than in 1900. And, this is not to convey that one cannot make a substantial living without an ability to put a sentence together: I know hairstylists, financial people, and programmers alike that make a million per annum even as none have formal educations (and can't write). But, an argument to forego contends that in today's culture we have less need to learn and sharpen our formal communication skills.
    . . .
    The breadth of discussion found in this thread lends a character rare within this forum.
    Last edited by M65c02; 11-22-13 at 04:05 PM.
    11-22-13 03:50 PM

Let's move on or at least in the other thread, if really necessary. Please

edit: and also, apologies to Otech#CB for "stealing" the story. Didn't noticed it.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f329/just-bought-my-first-set-bbry-shares-872453/index9.html#post9591186

edit(2): oh, just learned what SMH meant. There's always a brighter side, isn't it ?
    Attachment 223264
    "today we're going to learn ..."

Yes maa'm !
    It's all good bro. We're on the same boat here! Spread the word haha.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-22-13 03:59 PM
    a couple of comments on this,
    1) Note how on 7/29/13 we closed at support trend line and then on Friday 8/2/13 closed at high of week, then note Monday 8/5/13
    2) Now see a repeat this pattern from above this week, next week could be interesting.
    3) another note, while the put/call ratio may not be extremely high on a purely open interest perspective, it is very high on a dollar relative basis, meaning the cost of the puts and the similar cost of calls is about probably nearing a all time high
    4) in addition I know of several people who sold both for 30 day wash sale reasons prior to the earnings and also because they could not handle it any more.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart.jpg
    11-22-13 04:02 PM
    Children today may well think in a slightly different fashion than a few generations ago as, for example, use of inductive and deductive reasoning.

But, you can be sure that language is not going to deteriorate into short text-like phrases and spellings based solely on phonics and symbols.

The breadth of discussion found in this thread lends a character rare within this forum.
    I hope that you're right.
    Just got a BBM message from my 6yo daughter. "daddy wen R U B home? OMG ST really funny happend TTYAIL. OK SYS bye"
    As you can see, I have been encouraging her to write me more often, but at the same time gently pushing her to write correctly...
    Otech#CB, bungaboy, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    11-22-13 04:44 PM
    Uhhhh....despite the appearance in NYC.....FB is gone. Just an FYI in case anyone was interested.
    11-22-13 04:48 PM
113,250 ... 22202221222222232224 ...