View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    True, but Elon Musk has been like this even when Tesla was on the verge of collapse at least 3 times.
    Because of his strong defense of Tesla (which shows his confidence in the company), he were able to garner support to rescue the company each time ($40 mil from Mercedes, $70 mil from Toyota, another $40 mil from himself).

I have to say, BlackBerry is making best phone today. In my opinion, other phones don't even come close.
    Chen can certainly claim with straight face that 'BlackBerry is the best phone out there, don't agree with me? Try one!'
    Early Merry Christmas present from BlackBerry today, I opened my Playbook and there was the benefit of the new version of BlackBerry Bridge, I instantly had a page full of SMS and text messages on my PB!!! How cool is that after dropping the PB months ago. You can tell they are still active at BlackBerry.

As for TSLA, my close friend has decided to join Tesla in Cali, he will be one of the senior managers at the company now, so that's cool! I'm going to get some terrific tours there now ...or ............ a deep discounted car perhaps?!
    sidhuk, Corbu, Superfly_FR and 3 others like this.
    11-21-13 12:10 PM
    I made a promise not to hyjack this thread so I'll keep it short, I don't follow $gale that much but I do follow $xoma and really like it. I got so caught up in HALO that I forgot to purchase $xoma earlier. I'm a buyer of that one and $img/iag soon. As for price, you always look at the recent lows and see if they get revisited. All biotech stocks have been knocked down over the past 2 months simply because they have run up so hard all year. GL
    Hi Morgan,

What would be a good entry price for img? I have been eyeing that as well since it has been going downhill for awhile now.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 12:17 PM
    I had the same feeling of why we are "debating"... We may differ on the "conjecture parts" where I seem to be more pessimistic (and I am way more pessimistic on the other platforms).

However, I just wanted to point out initially re no. 2. As long as a company has presence in the US and does business here, they are subject to the jurisdiction of the US, which includes warrants, subpoenas, national security letters, the lot. So the US/NSA/FBI has really no problem legally on that ground and the CDN government is not involved. The information requested can extend to information that is outside of the US. You need to go to MLATs (Mutual Legal Assistance Treaties) which involve a foreign government authority only when you do not have jurisdiction over the target of your subpoena, etc.

Sorry that I wasn't clear. I am not mixing them up, but rather I am using them both as pluses for BB.
    1. BB is harder to hack because of their encryption and NOC.
    2. BB is not a US company, thus more difficult for NSA to demand access on national security grounds. They would have to go through Canadian government, not directly.

Do you at least agree with these 2 points, regardless of their magnitudes?
    Sure, lawful case-by-case basis access of transcripts should be allowed to get criminals. We are talking about mass downloading of data indiscriminately.

Sure, possible that they could intercept data in transit, but would you not agree that it is hard to crack BB encryption compare to all others?

Of course that is possible, but no one knows. What we do know, based on all the information that we have, BlackBerry is more secure than all others. By how much is debatable, but there is no denying that BB is more secured.

Sure, we never know. But we know for sure that all American smartphone brands had handed their keys to the NSA. And we know that there is no confirmation that BB has done the same. So there is no reason to conclude that they had.
    If BB yielded to US government demands, then the US government themselves should stop using BB because they would know that the company would also yield to demands from governments of other countries. They can't have it both ways. There is no secret that the US spies on Canada and vise versa. Do you think Obama would still be using his BlackBerry if his government had keys to BlackBerry encryption (which would imply that the Canadian government also has keys)?

Anyhow, I think that we agreed on more point than not. I don't disagree with anything that you said, but... Wait then why are we debating, about what? LOL
    11-21-13 12:18 PM
    Early Merry Christmas present from BlackBerry today, I opened my Playbook and there was the benefit of the new version of BlackBerry Bridge, I instantly had a page full of SMS and text messages on my PB!!! How cool is that after dropping the PB months ago. You can tell they are still active at BlackBerry.

As for TSLA, my close friend has decided to join Tesla in Cali, he will be one of the senior managers at the company now, so that's cool! I'm going to get some terrific tours there now ...or ............ a deep discounted car perhaps?!
    Yeah, I did that too. It's nice to see that they are still supporting PB stuff.

Even if you are into their cars, a trip there once a while is not a bad idea. One of my annual activities was renting a 5 speed muscle car and fly on the streets of San Francisco (we bottomed out couple times).
    morganplus8, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    11-21-13 12:18 PM
    However, I just wanted to point out initially re no. 2. As long as a company has presence in the US and does business here, they are subject to the jurisdiction of the US, which includes warrants, subpoenas, national security letters, the lot. So the US/NSA/FBI has really no problem legally on that ground and the CDN government is not involved. The information requested can extend to information that is outside of the US. You need to go to MLATs (Mutual Legal Assistance Treaties) which involve a foreign government authority only when you do not have jurisdiction over the target of your subpoena, etc.
    I agree with you on this point too. But these is no evidence that BB joined the Prism program or hand over keys.
    sidhuk likes this.
    11-21-13 12:22 PM
    Hi Morgan,

What would be a good entry price for img? I have been eyeing that as well since it has been going downhill for awhile now.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    I quote the US version of the stock and there is some support right around here at $ 4.25/shr/US and more at $ 4.00/shr. I usually purchase 50% at these levels and the rest at the low if it gets there. That's what I did with HALO, I bought at support every time it dropped back and now it's running. You will have to translate the US/CDN to figure out what to pay in Canada. GL
    Korepab, rarsen and chaud57 like this.
    11-21-13 12:32 PM
    just love it!!!
    Not sure about your university, no one at my university that I am aware of use education Apps. We make education materials by ourselves.

But you are correct about iPad having more education apps. My 6yo daughter uses them on her iPad. My 10yo son had already outgrown them.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    11-21-13 12:37 PM
    11-21-13 12:51 PM
    FTIL affirms commitment to secure data by investing in BlackBerry enterprise technology

NEW DELHI, INDIA�(Marketwired � Nov. 21, 2013) � BlackBerry(R) (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB) today announced that Indian financial services company, Financial Technologies (India) Limited (FTIL), has upgraded their mobile fleet to BlackBerry(R) 10 smartphones and invested in BlackBerry�s leading Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solution, BlackBerry(R) Enterprise Service 10 (BES 10), to manage their mobile infrastructure and support a BYOD environment. The provider of technology IP to create and trade on next-generation financial markets, FTIL is committed to bringing greater flexibility to employees who use smartphones for personal use, without compromising corporate data security.

As a company dealing with sensitive data, keeping information secure is critical to FTIL�s IT department. With an increasing number of employee devices entering the workforce, FTIL needed a platform that would provide access to company data from personal mobile devices without compromising company security. Rohit Ambosta, Senior Vice President of IT at FTIL said, �We are happy with our BlackBerry smartphones and the new BES 10 platform, which has enabled easy segregation of work and personal activities for our employees. Downloading apps has never been so convenient � even from a basic user�s perspective, the segmentation is clear. The BlackBerry platform ensures that our corporate data is not at risk.�

BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 provides FTIL with the unified device management and security platform they are looking for. �BlackBerry 10 is specifically designed to support the complex mobility requirements of our enterprise customers. We are delighted that Financial Technologies (India) Limited has selected BlackBerry 10 smartphones and BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 to empower their employees with greater flexibility, while providing strong back-end security and management architecture,� said Sunil Lalvani, Managing Director for India at BlackBerry.

FTIL affirms commitment to secure data by investing in BlackBerry enterprise technology - BlackBerry Empire
    11-21-13 12:52 PM
    OT I know but how about these bitcoins! They sure took an upside in the last little while .Anybody jumped on them yet?
    11-21-13 01:45 PM
    Seems like they might be working towards having BBM feed fuse with Twitter and FB feeds. Social Media in one app
    bungaboy and Soumaila Somtore like this.
    11-21-13 01:53 PM
    My HALO is up 65%. Time to sell?????????? My BBRY 8 Dec calls down 95% too.... Still a plus here if I bail.
    11-21-13 01:54 PM
    OT I know but how about these bitcoins! They sure took an upside in the last little while .Anybody jumped on them yet?
    Compared to Bitcoins, even BBRY suffers from a lack of volatility. ;-)
    plasmid_boy and jfguay2 like this.
    11-21-13 01:54 PM
    My HALO is up 65%. Time to sell?????????? My BBRY 8 Dec calls down 95% too.... Still a plus here if I bail.
    I still have some HALO (not much), but if you jump I jump. LOL
    jmehta22 likes this.
    11-21-13 02:06 PM
    First government, then corporations, followed by consumers. It has taken longer for it to sink in then I had expected. Everyone should run out and buy a BlackBerry - I am not kidding.

Posted via CB10
    That's what I'm talking about. iPhones specifically targeted the younger people who don't care much about encryption or security measures. BlackBerry at one point didn't care much about the younger people and they solely focused on security. However, they have shown that they are focusing on both ends of the tide. I have a good feeling about the company's objectives, and I believe they will accomplish those objectives in due time.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Otech#CB; 11-21-13 at 03:44 PM.
    11-21-13 02:28 PM
    i too am thinking whether to hold or sell. good news can continue to keep this beast going or any bad news can make it tank. Morgan what's your strategy for exit on halo?
    11-21-13 02:35 PM
    So I read somewhere on these forums that Yahoo! was asking whether people still used BlackBerry's. Well, lol tell me this ain't no BlackBerry Bold 9700 commercial sponsored by American Express? Cuzz it definitely isn't an iPhone!

Posted via CB10

Attachment 223082
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20131196.jpg  
    Last edited by Otech#CB; 11-21-13 at 04:13 PM.
    11-21-13 02:39 PM
    A bit OT, but relevant IMO.

Too-smart TVs: LG customer says big screen is spying on him

Seoul, South Korea — The Associated Press
    Published Thursday, Nov. 21 2013, 8:28 AM EST
    Last updated Thursday, Nov. 21 2013, 3:33 PM EST

LG Electronics Inc. said Thursday it is investigating a claim that some of its smart TVs send information on home viewing habits back to the company without consent.

The investigation comes after Jason Huntley, a 45-year-old IT consultant in Britain, detailed in his blog how his LG smart TV logged the channels he was watching and sent the data to LG.

He said the company continued to collect which channel he was watching even after he disabled the information collection feature.

“The (LG) server acknowledges the successful receipt of this information back to the TV,” he said in an email. The information appeared to be sent to LG unencrypted, he said.

Also collected were the names of files saved in an external USB hard drive plugged into the TV as well as the TV’s unique identification information.

The world’s second-largest TV maker said Thursday that customer privacy is its top priority and takes the issue very seriously.

However, when Huntley asked LG about the data collection last week, the company blamed a TV retailer for not disclosing the company’s terms and conditions when he made the purchase.

“As you accepted the Terms and Conditions on your TV, your concerns would be best directed to the retailer,” LG said in an email to Huntley that outlined the response from the company’s U.K. head office.

LG introduced an ad platform to target its smart TV users in 2012. The LG Smart AD lets advertisers reach target audiences by utilizing device information, location and details such as age and gender, LG says on its web site.

However it was not immediately clear which features in LG’s smart TVs were triggering the data monitoring.

“All we can be sure of is that the information is being sent,” Huntley said.

He said was “very surprised” at the amount of attention he received with the blog post.

“This indicates that privacy issues are becoming increasingly important to people everywhere, as we are so dependent on technology in our everyday lives.”

Separately, Samsung Electronics Co. said it does not collect information on files in USB hard drives connected to its smart TVs. But it did not respond to a question about whether it logs users’ viewing habits. Samsung is the world’s largest TV maker.
    11-21-13 02:52 PM
    They would explain why when I was eating a pizza the other night I could hear a voice saying "put that down you fat b*stard!"
    Corbu, dusdal, plasmid_boy and 3 others like this.
    11-21-13 02:57 PM
    World's first bitcoin ATM opens in Vancouver. You can withdraw bitcoins using C$ funds or the reverse. The spread between
    buying and selling is about 10%.

World's first bitcoin ATM opens in Vancouver - Technology & Science - CBC News
    11-21-13 02:57 PM
    i too am thinking whether to hold or sell. good news can continue to keep this beast going or any bad news can make it tank. Morgan what's your strategy for exit on halo?
    I normally would never suggest this but go to Yahoo Finance and type in the symbol for HALO and read the posts from FEZZ, this guy really knows his stuff. I would not recommend ever going near Yahoo but he is doing a very good job of highlighting the milestone dates for HALO. You don't want to miss out on the best part of the rally here. I'm watching it very carefully now, I have a large profit in it and more investments to make. At the same time, there is no reason to believe this rally is over at all. GL
    jmehta22, rarsen, W Hoa and 10 others like this.
    11-21-13 03:01 PM
    I normally would never suggest this but go to Yahoo Finance and type in the symbol for HALO and read the posts from FEZZ, this guy really knows his stuff. I would not recommend ever going near Yahoo but he is doing a very good job of highlighting the milestone dates for HALO. You don't want to miss out on the best part of the rally here. I'm watching it very carefully now, I have a large profit in it and more investments to make. At the same time, there is no reason to believe this rally is over at all. GL
    awesome! thanks for the tip. dont know what we would do without you Morgan!!
    11-21-13 03:02 PM
    Indeed Thank you Morgan!!!!
    awesome! thanks for the tip. dont know what we would do without you Morgan!!
    morganplus8 likes this.
    11-21-13 04:02 PM
    I was reading a bloomberg article on the announced acquisition of scroon by BB and seems like a good one on the surface if they integrate them well into channels and BBM. Currently, scroon manages social media accounts for some big brands like Moet, Hennessey, Orange, Louis Vuitton and Warner Bros.
    11-21-13 04:29 PM
    I've lost track but is this not like the forth or fifth positive (ok, potentially positive) bit if news in the last month?

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 06:15 PM
113,256 ... 22152216221722182219 ...