View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I mean things thing like VLE apps, support for surveying software, support for common analysis package, referencing software not education apps in the sense of the stuff for kids, plus the new licensing we have for 0365 effectively throws in office for our students for nothing.
    Thanks for the clarification. Referencing is indeed useful.
    We get O360 for free too, some students use OneNote for their logs, but most still use their laptops for everything.
    11-21-13 08:38 AM
    No one questions the fact that BlackBerry has made some mistakes. It's been discussed many times and is indeed extremely frustrating. This is but one example of the type of thing one hates to read:

"In January, Friederich will head up a second MDM pilot test of Citrix Systems XenMobile with 25 Apple iPhones and 25 Android smartphones. �We�re going to give the users everything they would have with the BlackBerry,� Friederich says. �We�ve been watching what�s been going on with BlackBerry and realize that we really need to be device-agnostic.�"

Defense Agencies Manage Mobility with MDM | FedTech Magazine

The only thing that matters now is what the new management plans to do to rectify the situation and press forward to reinvigorate the brand and develop its potential. Paging Mr. Chen...
    That's like closing the gate after the horse has gotten out...

While the Army Core of Engineers are only "testing" 50 other devices in January. The Army is going to be buying over 100K devices for usage.. their own testing is over with and they have moved to the next level.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...y-news-875686/

Oh and for those that think apps aren't important...
    IMT CoE - Soldier Apps for the Android and iPad/iPhones (official Military site)
    11-21-13 08:39 AM
    Thanks for the clarification. Referencing is indeed useful.
    We get O360 for free too, some students use OneNote for their logs, but most still use their laptops for everything.
    I am starting to see students with touchscreen ultrabooks and they say that one-one is fantastic with that but I'm heavy into evernote and haven't much experience with it.
    11-21-13 08:50 AM
    Yup, they should. But most people don't know any better. They still trust their government more than a foreign one.

Well, BB owns ECC. What more proof would one needs.

I don't know. You can ask the NSA why they needed to serve these court orders (which were confirmed they did).

I am not worry at all, but just prefer to not volunteer the info for no reason and not knowing what they are going to do with it.
    BlackBerry DOES NOT own ECC. They have patients specific to how they implement code that uses it.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 09:18 AM
    BlackBerry DOES NOT own ECC. They have patients specific to how they implement code that uses it.

Posted via CB10
    This is direct cut and past. Not my field, so I am just going by what I read.
    Certicom is a subsidiary of BlackBerry.

"According to Bruce Schneier as of May 31, 2007, "Certicom certainly can claim ownership of ECC. The algorithm was developed and patented by the company's founders, and the patents are well written and strong. I don't like it, but they can claim ownership."[1] Additionally, NSA has licensed MQV and other ECC patents from Certicom in a US$25 million deal for NSA Suite B algorithms.[2] (ECMQV is no longer part of Suite B.)"

Edit: "According to the NSA, Certicom holds over 130 patents relating to elliptic curves and public key cryptography in general"
    Last edited by plasmid_boy; 11-21-13 at 10:38 AM.
    11-21-13 09:28 AM
    More good news.
    BlackBerry device transfer App for transferring data from old BB, iPhone, and Android to a new BlackBerry.

BlackBerry introduces Device Switch app that lets you transfer your data over-the-air | CrackBerry.com
    Corbu, sidhuk, jfguay2 and 6 others like this.
    11-21-13 09:33 AM
    That's like closing the gate after the horse has gotten out...

While the Army Core of Engineers are only "testing" 50 other devices in January. The Army is going to be buying over 100K devices for usage.. their own testing is over with and they have moved to the next level.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...y-news-875686/

Oh and for those that think apps aren't important...
    IMT CoE - Soldier Apps for the Android and iPad/iPhones (official Military site)

If you think you are getting a fuly functional phone whether it be an iPhone or an Android, think again. For the fun of it, read this:

http://www.nsa.gov/ia/_files/os/appl...OS_5_Guide.pdf
    If you still like the prospect of going with iPhone try out what they have to say for iOS 6, it is terrible.

There is no contest with Android, you can't do anything with it.

Then go to any site where solders talk about using iPhones in the theatre, they are so restricted. For more fun,
    read this:

Network / Perimeter / Wireless - Wireless (Smartphone/Tablet)

It's fine to say that Android is heading to the military soon, but at what cost? Who in their right mind would give up all the functionality of a phone just to have and Android or iPhone 6.0 in their pocket. I would want to be able to search the Net, email everyone and load non-army software. You need a BlackBerry to do that.
    Corbu, sidhuk, jfguay2 and 6 others like this.
    11-21-13 10:02 AM
    If you think you are getting a fuly functional phone whether it be an iPhone or an Android, think again. For the fun of it, read this:

http://www.nsa.gov/ia/_files/os/appl...OS_5_Guide.pdf
    If you still like the prospect of going with iPhone try out what they have to say for iOS 6, it is terrible.

There is no contest with Android, you can't do anything with it.

Then go to any site where solders talk about using iPhones in the theatre, they are so restricted. For more fun,
    read this:

Network / Perimeter / Wireless - Wireless (Smartphone/Tablet)

It's fine to say that Android is heading to the military soon, but at what cost? Who in their right mind would give up all the functionality of a phone just to have and Android or iPhone 6.0 in their pocket. I would want to be able to search the Net, email everyone and load non-army software. You need a BlackBerry to do that.
    I skimmed through the 32 pages. Man, virtually everything is disabled - no camera, no apps installation allowed, very restricted email, no screen capturing, no, no, no....
    morganplus8, Corbu, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    11-21-13 10:22 AM
    I skimmed through the 32 pages. Man, virtually everything is disabled - no camera, no apps installation allowed, very restricted email, no screen capturing, no, no, no....
    That is a really old document. It has since been revised more than once.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 10:26 AM
    Look at WiFi etc., the list goes on and on and on forever. I can't imagine anyone but NSA demanding that DoD staff use Android or iPhones at work.
    sidhuk, plasmid_boy, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    11-21-13 10:26 AM
    That is a really old document. It has since been revised more than once.

Posted via CB10
    Would you be kind enough to post a link to the revised list so that we can know what else has been allowed since this old list please?
    11-21-13 10:33 AM
    Would you be kind enough to post a link to the revised list so that we can know what else has been allowed since this old list please?
    Ha! Thanks, I did that on purpose just to see how little effort one would make while still bashing BlackBerry! We have posted the latest information, regarding new restrictions, post the May 17th 2013 "limited approvals" for Android and Apple; on this thread several times and the data and restrictions are worse than this past document. I guess I'm guilty of mind games but what else can we do while we wait to hear from Chen?
    Corbu, plasmid_boy, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    11-21-13 10:50 AM
    Ha! Thanks, I did that on purpose just to see how little effort one would make while still bashing BlackBerry! We have posted the latest information, regarding new restrictions, post the May 17th 2013 "limited approvals" for Android and Apple; on this thread several times and the data and restrictions are worse than this past document. I guess I'm guilty of mind games but what else can we do while we wait to hear from Chen?
    I would love to hear something from him about now.
    sidhuk, Corbu, morganplus8 and 1 others like this.
    11-21-13 10:56 AM
    Lol, Read your message and felt that you weren't pulling the trigger.
    The bottom line is we know what is going on here and as you say, that it is up to Chen to wipe blackberry's ****.
    Lol, let me know if i hijacked your quote we bit too much?
    plasmid_boy and morganplus8 like this.
    11-21-13 10:57 AM
    *OT*

wow halo hitting new highs today!! Thanks Morgan. I know this is a BBRY thread but was looking to see what your thoughts are on $xoma and $gale at this price? Thanks in advance!
    plasmid_boy and morganplus8 like this.
    11-21-13 10:59 AM
    Amazon says they don't support the Appstore on BlackBerry 10, but 'please enjoy it' | CrackBerry.com http://crackberry.com/amazon-says-th...lease-enjoy-it
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    11-21-13 11:00 AM
    I don't know how the regular do it to be able to post that frequently, to be honest.
    ... ask my wife ...
    *furryWifeWithRollingPinSmiley*
    jfguay2 and rarsen like this.
    11-21-13 11:02 AM
    *OT*

wow halo hitting new highs today!! Thanks Morgan. I know this is a BBRY thread but was looking to see what your thoughts are on $xoma and $gale at this price? Thanks in advance!
    I too am indebted to Morgan for his advice on HALO and I would like to thank him.
    Last edited by Corbu; 11-21-13 at 12:43 PM. Reason: English
    11-21-13 11:04 AM
    I would love to hear something from him about now.
    I know this is wishful thinking and perhaps not the proper thing to do in the grand scheme of things, but I sometimes wish that BlackBerry's new CEO would take a page from Elon Musk's recent proactive approach, when he took to the company's blog to pushback a little after the latest incidents over at TSLA (The Mission of Tesla | Blog | Tesla Motors). Even if it were only out of respect to the shareholders. Seems to me BlackBerry has let itself be bullied enough. Enough with the nice, pleasant "Canadian way" to doing business. It is time to draw up a new game plan and to start playing offense.
    11-21-13 11:15 AM
    I know this is wishful thinking and perhaps not the proper thing to do in the grand scheme of things, but I sometimes wish that BlackBerry's new CEO would take a page from Elon Musk's recent proactive approach, when he took to the company's blog to pushback a little after the latest incidents over at TSLA (The Mission of Tesla | Blog | Tesla Motors). Even if it were only out of respect to the shareholders. Seems to me BlackBerry has let itself be bullied enough. Enough with the nice, pleasant "Canadian way" to doing business. It is time to draw up a new game plan and to start playing offense.
    Difference is that TSLA has the best product in the market, is selling and can be proactive. BBRY on the other hand, not so much. What do you want Chen to say?
    11-21-13 11:35 AM
    Difference is that TSLA has the best product in the market, is selling and can be proactive. BBRY on the other hand, not so much. What do you want Chen to say?
    Atleast BlackBerry's don't self combust.
    11-21-13 11:45 AM
    11-21-13 11:54 AM
    True, but Elon Musk has been like this even when Tesla was on the verge of collapse at least 3 times.
    Because of his strong defense of Tesla (which shows his confidence in the company), he were able to garner support to rescue the company each time ($40 mil from Mercedes, $70 mil from Toyota, another $40 mil from himself).

I have to say, BlackBerry is making best phone today. In my opinion, other phones don't even come close.
    Chen can certainly claim with straight face that 'BlackBerry is the best phone out there, don't agree with me? Try one!'
    Corbu, sidhuk, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    11-21-13 11:56 AM
    $BBRY has acquired ScrOOn, a French social media company, to help develop channels for BBM (read: monetize)

Edit: better link.

http://www.mobilemarketingmagazine.c...e_Marketing%29
    11-21-13 12:00 PM
    *OT*

I made a promise not to hyjack this thread so I'll keep it short, I don't follow $gale that much but I do follow $xoma and really like it. I got so caught up in HALO that I forgot to purchase $xoma earlier. I'm a buyer of that one and $img/iag soon. As for price, you always look at the recent lows and see if they get revisited. All biotech stocks have been knocked down over the past 2 months simply because they have run up so hard all year. GL
    rarsen, bungaboy, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    11-21-13 12:02 PM
113,250 ... 22142215221622172218 ...