View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    11-21-13 06:17 AM
    Maybe if they reinvented the Playbook, and called it the R50 or something. And then they used docs to go, and marketed it to university and college students. As well as maybe offer it to universities to have their professors use it. Just get involved in the college community. And market it to those people. They have an OS that I think is ready to be used for a BlackBerry Tablet.

Posted via CB10
    I agree and while this has been said before, they need to find a different way to get their products to market, might as well make it a creative one that sets them apart.
    11-21-13 06:19 AM
    First government, then corporations, followed by consumers. It has taken longer for it to sink in then I had expected. Everyone should run out and buy a BlackBerry - I am not kidding.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 06:24 AM
    First government, then corporations, followed by consumers. It has taken longer for it to sink in then I had expected. Everyone should run out and buy a BlackBerry - I am not kidding.

Posted via CB10
    LoL,
    At least the political opposition parties must use this.
    But not only security, signal and voice call quality of z30 is a must have feature. It sucks when phone cant make a clean phone calls and or download web pages when you are in a bad signal spot.
    11-21-13 06:29 AM
    11-21-13 06:31 AM
    Is that a momentum shift I smell?

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 06:32 AM
    I agree and while this has been said before, they need to find a different way to get their products to market, might as well make it a creative one that sets them apart.
    Let me rephrase short my mind.
    As of date, they didn't push their products to the market. Because they knew the R.O.I would have been disastrous.
    As of date, Frank is still CMO. This alone tells a lot about what happened, IMHO.
    11-21-13 06:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    "I have seen this movie before" lol.
    11-21-13 06:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    Don't expect too much
    Let's simply enjoy and note the generic media flew away while the tech/mobile ones spot good news.

Meanwhile, on the financial planet ...
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): God Help Me, I Woke Up With A Long Position In BlackBerry - Seeking Alpha
    (don't get fooled by the title)
    11-21-13 06:38 AM
    Maybe if they reinvented the Playbook, and called it the R50 or something. And then they used docs to go, and marketed it to university and college students. As well as maybe offer it to universities to have their professors use it. Just get involved in the college community. And market it to those people. They have an OS that I think is ready to be used for a BlackBerry Tablet.

Posted via CB10
    Universities are the last place I'd go - they are ipad/mac heavy or heavy into the MS infrastructure - partly because of the great education apps that as far as I'm aware aren't available for BB10. Having said that, I am seeing increasing numbers of students with Surface tablet.
    11-21-13 06:39 AM
    "I have seen this movie before" lol.
    Yes, but this one could have a different ending

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 06:40 AM
    Don't expect too much
    Let's simply enjoy and note the generic media flew away while the tech/mobile ones spot good news.

Meanwhile, on the financial planet ...
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): God Help Me, I Woke Up With A Long Position In BlackBerry - Seeking Alpha
    (don't get fooled by the title)
    Lol..I know, a few quarters to go yet but nice to see some positive items coming forward

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 06:44 AM
    When does the short interest ending on the 15th get published?
    11-21-13 06:46 AM
    Universities are the last place I'd go - they are ipad/mac heavy or heavy into the MS infrastructure - partly because of the great education apps that as far as I'm aware aren't available for BB10.
    Not sure about your university, no one at my university that I am aware of use education Apps. We make education materials by ourselves.

But you are correct about iPad having more education apps. My 6yo daughter uses them on her iPad. My 10yo son had already outgrown them.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 06:46 AM
    Had to show it. Thanks.

iPhones out in German parliament as parties opt for encrypted communications

Politicians from Germany’s two biggest parties are currently negotiating what their grand coalition will look like, and they’ve reportedly decided on at least one thing: they need encrypted phones. According to local newspaper Bild, this means no iPhones, because Apple’s platform doesn’t support encryption software developed by Germany’s federal office for information security, and all official business will henceforth require encrypted communications.

It recently emerged that the U.S. and British embassies in Berlin have been used as bases for spying on German parliamentarians, including Chancellor Angela Merkel (who, for the record, was using a highly-hackable old Nokia slider-phone before the Snowden revelations this summer, when she switched to BlackBerry).
    11-21-13 06:56 AM
    Let me rephrase short my mind.
    As of date, they didn't push their products to the market. Because they knew the R.O.I would have been disastrous.
    As of date, Frank is still CMO. This alone tells a lot about what happened, IMHO.
    Agreed, so if the "tell the people" marketing approach is being negated by the bad press and the bias against blackberry, switching to a "Get your people (end users) to tell people" kind of approach may get you a better chance of a good R.O.I.

Frank can't be blamed for all of BBRY woes, I think the culture from within may have come to them pointing fingers at one another for all the failures, and that is such a destructive attitute to have. That is what they are up against, and again, it depends on whoever is left there to make it happen. They won't make a comeback without the employees.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-21-13 07:23 AM
    When does the short interest ending on the 15th get published?
    On the 26th, I believe.
    11-21-13 07:25 AM
    I wish every person on the face of the earth would read that article. Sadly, it will get swept under the Yahoo/Google news rug in place of "OMG Blackberry is stupid for building a $2,000+ phone. Like that will save them!"
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-21-13 07:27 AM
    Not sure about your university, no one at my university that I am aware of use education Apps. We make education materials by ourselves.

But you are correct about iPad having more education apps. My 6yo daughter uses them on her iPad. My 10yo son had already outgrown them.

Posted via CB10
    I mean things thing like VLE apps, support for surveying software, support for common analysis package, referencing software not education apps in the sense of the stuff for kids, plus the new licensing we have for 0365 effectively throws in office for our students for nothing.
    11-21-13 07:27 AM
    On the 26th, I believe.
    Ugh. So far away.
    11-21-13 07:28 AM
    We must not forget that Blackberry brough much of their problems on themselves
    techvisor likes this.
    11-21-13 07:47 AM
    It looks like it isn't limited to just Permata bank. See description below.
    Attachment 222969

Posted via CB10
    From my "investigation" , it is working as following:
    The user of BBM Money must have account in Permata bank.

You can top up the BBM Money up to $100 dollar from any bank account by transferring money to your Permata Bank account.

The BBM money can only be cashed out at Permata Bank ATM.
    If you want to cash out the money at other banks, you need to transfer out first the money to that other bank's account.
    There is a cost of around 50 cents for the transfer to/from other banks.

There is a requirement to upgrade your account by registering your personalID in Permata Bank, in order to use some features.

Sending out money to a BBM contact required the receiver to have a registered account in Permata Bank.

There are lots of merchant in Indonesia, using BBM (groups) to sell their merchandises. However, I haven't found any of them offering BBM Money as payment option.
    I am not sure why. May be because of the hassle of the additional registration to the bank, or may be due to the $100 limit in BBM Money.
    It is also unclear why BB is only partnering with Permata Bank. Do they have exclusive contract, or no other banks are willing to partnering with BB?

As you have said, it has potential. I hope it would become a viable payment option someday.
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-21-13 08:01 AM
    We must not forget that Blackberry brough much of their problems on themselves
    That sounds like something a bully would say to a nerdy kid at school.

Apple and Android have the 'hip and cool' factor locked down, so BBRY is just a poser to be smacked around, right?

BBRY is gaining underdog points the longer this situation continues.
    11-21-13 08:09 AM
    That sounds like something a bully would say to a nerdy kid at school.

Apple and Android have the 'hip and cool' factor locked down, so BBRY is just a poser to be smacked around, right?

BBRY is gaining underdog points the longer this situation continues.
    At that point, I even think they want to be forgotten about, so that ennemies don't worry about them anymore. That has to be the best way to plot a comeback .

P.S. I have posted more in the last 24 hours than in the last year, so I will have to pace myself again. Sorry!! I don't know how the regular do it to be able to post that frequently, to be honest. Then again, three young kids will do that to many people!
    11-21-13 08:19 AM
    No one questions the fact that BlackBerry has made some mistakes. It's been discussed many times and is indeed extremely frustrating. This is but one example of the type of thing one hates to read:

"In January, Friederich will head up a second MDM pilot test of Citrix Systems XenMobile with 25 Apple iPhones and 25 Android smartphones. “We’re going to give the users everything they would have with the BlackBerry,” Friederich says. “We’ve been watching what’s been going on with BlackBerry and realize that we really need to be device-agnostic.”"

Defense Agencies Manage Mobility with MDM | FedTech Magazine

The only thing that matters now is what the new management plans to do to rectify the situation and press forward to reinvigorate the brand and develop its potential. Paging Mr. Chen...
    11-21-13 08:22 AM
113,256 ... 22132214221522162217 ...