1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    How come it's green today?

Posted via CB10
    Just setting up for the bounce.

IMHO $5.98 was market bottom. We bounced off $6 a dozen times.

Should start to move upwards now, which is when Chen should step up the new marketing game.

Should more something more buzz building than just placed advertising, like a new interesting form factor that's been waiting in the wings. Something prototyped during TH's time that was planned to be released, by halted by the slow initial sales.

All the current devices look like everything else that's in the marketplace. The Z10 and Z30 are just a basic tablet shape and the Q10 is just and upgrade of the 9900 form factor. A slider would be nice, but with all the patents they've got relating to hinged, sliding, hideaway, and twist around keyboards, they could make a pretty cool transforming mobile device.
    11-20-13 02:05 PM

Should start to move upwards now, which is when Chen should step up the new marketing game.

Should more something more buzz building than just placed advertising, like a new interesting form factor that's been waiting in the wings. Something prototyped during TH's time that was planned to be released, by halted by the slow initial sales.

All the current devices look like everything else that's in the marketplace. The Z10 and Z30 are just a basic tablet shape and the Q10 is just and upgrade of the 9900 form factor. A slider would be nice, but with all the patents they've got relating to hinged, sliding, hideaway, and twist around keyboards, they could make a pretty cool transforming mobile device.
    Any evidence for any of this or just wishful thinking ? Are we not past the point of taking anything Tommy 'we will sell tens of millions of units' Heins says seriously with verification?
    11-20-13 02:13 PM

So round 2 of the 12 month pump and dump?
    11-20-13 02:17 PM
    Any evidence for any of this or just wishful thinking ? Are we not past the point of taking anything Tommy 'we will sell tens of millions of units' Heins says seriously with verification?
    Wishful thinking, completely.

I just think about what I'd do if I had access to BBRY's resources and all those hardware patents regarding movable keyboards.
    cgk likes this.
    11-20-13 02:38 PM
    Plasmid, you are mixing up legal access with the warrantless surveillance.

Initially you said 'But also because the NSA can't hand BlackBerry a court paper to demand access." As as I said, this is incorrect for the reasons stated. I think we agree that BBM and BIS is open to "legal" access the world over.
    Sorry that I wasn't clear. I am not mixing them up, but rather I am using them both as pluses for BB.
    1. BB is harder to hack because of their encryption and NOC.
    2. BB is not a US company, thus more difficult for NSA to demand access on national security grounds. They would have to go through Canadian government, not directly.

Do you at least agree with these 2 points, regardless of their magnitudes?
    Sure, lawful case-by-case basis access of transcripts should be allowed to get criminals. We are talking about mass downloading of data indiscriminately.

Now the big issue of course is the warrantless surveillance. You believe that "the NAS simply can't go to BlackBerry and ask them to hand over the encryption keys (unless you know for sure that they could do this?) or instal Prism etc." I know for sure they CAN do this. I don't know for sure they DID this, or what BlackBerry's response would be or have been. I know for sure BlackBerry does not have physical control 24/7 of its various leased lines and infrastructure. I don't even know whether the NSA even need to bother BlackBerry formally. BlackBerry's partners are the carriers. Blackberry depends on the carriers. The carriers have been co-operating with the NSA for a very, very long time (remember the debate whether Obama was going to pardon them or not and he flip-flopped).
    Sure, possible that they could intercept data in transit, but would you not agree that it is hard to crack BB encryption compare to all others?

I find the idea that when the governments and spy agencies of the US, Canada, UK, AUS and NZ have committed to total electronic surveillance of the world but would make an exemption just for this particular Canadian company, very far-fetched. The NSA has been planting moles in the establishment of international security standards, getting diplomats drunk and influencing them, killing American citizens with drones, but they would not plant a mole or bribe someone with access to how BlackBerry generates random numbers because...
    Of course that is possible, but no one knows. What we do know, based on all the information that we have, BlackBerry is more secure than all others. By how much is debatable, but there is no denying that BB is more secured.

Lastly, do not believe what "corporations" say. "Blackberry said..." Yes, Blackberry also said they would sell "tens of millions of Q10s..." Prem Watsa also said it is a done deal for the sale... Consider the current CEO of BlackBerry is a quasi-political figure in the US appointed by the US government. Do you trust him to consider your privacy over a phone call from the White House.
    Sure, we never know. But we know for sure that all American smartphone brands had handed their keys to the NSA. And we know that there is no confirmation that BB has done the same. So there is no reason to conclude that they had.
    If BB yielded to US government demands, then the US government themselves should stop using BB because they would know that the company would also yield to demands from governments of other countries. They can't have it both ways. There is no secret that the US spies on Canada and vise versa. Do you think Obama would still be using his BlackBerry if his government had keys to BlackBerry encryption (which would imply that the Canadian government also has keys)?

Anyhow, I think that we agreed on more point than not. I don't disagree with anything that you said, but... Wait then why are we debating, about what? LOL
    sidhuk, bungaboy and jxnb like this.
    11-20-13 02:39 PM
    Believe me I tried answering this question many time, but the best I came with is that it sunny here! lol

edit: loving both
    How come it's green today?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 05:49 PM
    Just watched the latest CB Podcast from France with special celebrity guest "Superfly_FR!!!!

Good job Antoine. A virtual drink for you.
    11-20-13 06:28 PM
    Just watched the latest CB Podcast from France with special celebrity guest "SuperFly_FR!!!!

Good job Antoine. A virtual drink for you.
    Same here, but as I mentioned in another thread, while it was nice to put a face to a, hmm, legendary name, well, I thought you were taller and older! Lol...
    Great job, and I assume it was lots of fun to be a part of this! Ah the Frenchs!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jfguay2; 11-20-13 at 07:29 PM.
    11-20-13 06:32 PM
    Same here, but as I mentioned in another thread, while it was nice to put a face to a, hmm, legendary name, well, I thought you were taller and older! Lol...
    Great job, and I a assume it was lots of fun to be a part of this! Ah the frenchs!

Posted via CB10
    Why . . . . . he is a Giant amongst men! (BTW Kevin, I understand, is in excess of 6 ft.)

I am the old guy. You were confused. LoL
    jfguay2, sidhuk, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    11-20-13 06:46 PM
    Hey guys, just thinking of this now. It seems as though the new strategy, or the only one left would be to focus on enterprise segment, that makes sense. But sales are at a stalling point now since people figure BBRY may not be in business for long, with reason. Even with the fact that BBRY came out and said they were no longer up for sale, it does not remove all the doubts that were created with this whole sales process, and weak sales and bad media portraying. If we think (rightfully) that the phones are good but the window to be successfull is way past, and thus, too late, the strategy for selling may need changing (I know, everyone is thinking, duh, what a dumb thing to say. )

Agreed but how? What if it started with getting the phones to the masses. (again with the duh!) What if what we needed was to get the phones in the hands of the most people so that they could see it for themselves?

As an example, you may know that BBRY is having a playbook clearance sale, where Playbook are sold internally through the employee purchase program, for 59$, plus taxes and shipping (10$) The initial stock number what initially 4000, and within one day, has gone down to .... 900 (based on what I was told). That means selling 3000 in a day. I, myself, facilitated the sale of 20 PB's to people I know just for the sake of them benefiting from the deal. While I bought an extra one for my daughter, I could not use any more since I already have 4 in the household. Now how many PB were sold over all, in their lifespan? 2 millions? 2 millions over what, say 2.8 years, so at a selling rate of roughly 1900 playbooks for everyday since then. Since their "firesale, double this amount has found an owner in one day, so the impact to the masses is that much more people having a BBRY product in their hands. You might say that this is an old product, rightfully but my point is that maybe they need to do the same with Z10 , Q10 and Z30. How? What if they started with their users, and found a way to give an incentive to them to find one person they know that may want to get a BBRY phone for cheap (try 50% off retail price, without contract) This would be an incentive for actual users to get more people to use BBRY phones through a new business model where , I agree, up front cost would be great, but rewards may be greater than commercials and limited marketing we have seen before. As George Costanza once said: "If everything I have done so far turns out to be wrong, then the opposite would have to be right. I call that bizzaro BBRY! ( oKay, that is too much of seinfeld and not enough BBRY, but fun just the same)

What do you guys think?

JF
    Last edited by jfguay2; 11-20-13 at 09:07 PM.
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    11-20-13 07:48 PM
    Hey guys, just thinking of this now. It seems as though the new strategy, or the only one left would be to focus on enterprise segment, that makes sense. But sales are at a stalling point now since people figure BBRY may not be in business for long, with reason. Even with the fact that BBRY came out and said they were no longer up for sale, it does not remove all the doubts that were created with this whole sales process, and weak sales and bad media portraying. If we think (rightfully) that the phones are good but the window to be successfull is way past, and thus, too late, the strategy for selling may need changing (I know, everyone is thinking, duh, what a dumb thing to say. )

Agreed but how? What if it started with getting the phones to the masses. (again with the duh!) What if what we needed was to get the phones in the hands of the most people so that they could see it for themselves?

As an example, you may know that BBRY is having a playbook clearance sale, where Playbook are sold internally through the employee purchase program, for 59$, plus taxes and shipping (10$) The initial stock number what initially 4000, and within one day, has gone down to .... 900 (based on what I was told). That means selling 3000 in a day. I, myself, facilitated the sale of 20 PB's to people I know just for the sake of them benefiting from the deal. While I bought an extra one for my daughter, I could not use any more since I already have 4 in the household. Now how many PB were sold over all, in their lifespan? 2 millions? 2 millions over what, say 2.8 years, so at a selling rate of roughly 1900 playbooks for everyday since then. Since their "firesale, double this amount has found an owner in one day, so the impact to the masses is that much more people having a BBRY product in their hands. You might say that this is an old product, rightfully but my point is that maybe they need to do the same with Z10 , Q10 and Z30. How? What if they started with their users, and found a way to give an incentive to them to find one person they know that may want to get a BBRY phone for cheap (try 50% off retail price, without contract) This would be an incentive for actual users to get more people to use BBRY phones through a new business model where , I agree, up front cost would be great, but rewards may be greater than commercials and limited marketing we have seen before. As George Costanza once said: "If everything I have done so far turns out to be wrong, then the opposite would have to be right. I call that bizzaro BBRY! ( oKay, that is too much of seinfeld and not enough BBRY, but fun just the same)

What do you guys think?

JF
    Blackberry is saving the marketing powder for when they get Google Play services and play store agreement for Blackberry.

Then they will launch Blackberry 11

start a marketingn campaign showing BB11 runs ALL Android/Google apps (with the newest APIs), and remains the ultimate communications device, and where they can market the device as "blackberry secure" as google malware will be contained in the runtime and not infect the O/S.

Just launch this on the Z50 and Q30 bringing new flagship hardware and an amazing O/S. This would be the blackberry O/S "re-made part 2" - and if BB10 launch with these abilities it would not have flopped. Need to rebrand as BB11 so everyone is forced to take a look at it again as a "big update" and let the reviews speak.
    JLagoon, morganplus8, jxnb and 3 others like this.
    11-20-13 09:26 PM
    Maybe if they reinvented the Playbook, and called it the R50 or something. And then they used docs to go, and marketed it to university and college students. As well as maybe offer it to universities to have their professors use it. Just get involved in the college community. And market it to those people. They have an OS that I think is ready to be used for a BlackBerry Tablet.

Posted via CB10
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    11-20-13 10:29 PM
    Blackberry is saving the marketing powder for when they get Google Play services and play store agreement for Blackberry.

Then they will launch Blackberry 11

start a marketingn campaign showing BB11 runs ALL Android/Google apps (with the newest APIs), and remains the ultimate communications device, and where they can market the device as "blackberry secure" as google malware will be contained in the runtime and not infect the O/S.

Just launch this on the Z50 and Q30 bringing new flagship hardware and an amazing O/S. This would be the blackberry O/S "re-made part 2" - and if BB10 launch with these abilities it would not have flopped. Need to rebrand as BB11 so everyone is forced to take a look at it again as a "big update" and let the reviews speak.
    I agree with that. I bet they are already working on that. Here check out what my friend saw on his fb when he tried to log in.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbos-11-leak-x-o.jpg

Posted via CB10
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    11-20-13 10:32 PM
    The ability to transfer money through BBM is just genius!
    http://blackberryempire.com/send-mon...berry-devices/
    Attachment 222940

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 01:42 AM
    Why . . . . . he is a Giant amongst men! (BTW Kevin, I understand, is in excess of 6 ft.)

I am the old guy. You were confused. LoL
    Well, I have no experience with podcast, a little more with shootings
    Tall guys don't like that much appearing as the "monsters" on tape
    FTR : I'm 6.5ft and 47
    11-21-13 02:58 AM
    I checked out that link where berryempire mentioned that he posted about it again because it received a big update.

The BlackBerry World screenshots of it seem to suggest it is now for BlackBerry 10?

I can only remember seeing it for legacy before.

Edit: confirmed this update added BB10 support for the service. This is great news imo. It's not the largest hurdle, I don't believe, to rolling it out further but it is a large technical step completed.

The stickiest point for this, imo, will be finding partners in each country. It will be a long, piece-by-piece slog. But definitely the correct, high-margin, focus for this company.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20131198.png

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dusdal; 11-21-13 at 03:19 AM.
    11-21-13 03:02 AM

What do you guys think?

JF
    I believe we'll see a lot of Z10 inventory write down jump in the box "Enterprise incentive units" ...
    Otech#CB and bungaboy like this.
    11-21-13 03:19 AM
    I checked out that link where berryempire mentioned that he posted about it again because it received a big update.

The BlackBerry World screenshots of it seem to suggest it is now for BlackBerry 10?

I can only remember seeing it for legacy before.

Edit: confirmed this update added BB10 support for the service. This is great news imo. It's not the largest hurdle, I don't believe, to rolling it out further but it is a large technical step completed.

The stickiest point for this, imo, will be finding partners in each country. It will be a low, piece-by-piece slog. But definitely the correct, high-margin, focus for this company.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131198.png 
Views:	563 
Size:	267.0 KB 
ID:	222953

Posted via CB10
    I *think* it's available for Indonesian based devices only.
    So that the "unavailable for this device" actually means "the combination of your device and country".
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    11-21-13 03:20 AM
    Yes, for sure. It's heartening to see that it is now on the BlackBerry 10 platform though. Really quite excited for the potential of this one.
    11-21-13 03:24 AM
    Yes, for sure. It's heartening to see that it is now on the BlackBerry 10 platform though. Really quite excited for the potential of this one.
    So am I. I will be a heavy user of this feature if it comes to the US.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Otech#CB; 11-21-13 at 03:47 PM.
    11-21-13 03:26 AM
    What left me wondering is the execution of this product.
    Even in Indonesia it is supported only by one middle size bank, and not well advertised.

It seems Blackberry itselft does / did not see the potential on BBM Money.
    Hopefully the new management will explore this services furthermore.
    garnok and Otech#CB like this.
    11-21-13 03:47 AM
    It looks like it isn't limited to just Permata bank. See description below.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20131199.png

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 04:42 AM
    I believe we'll see a lot of Z10 inventory write down jump in the box "Enterprise incentive units" ...
    It's the only sensible move - dump the inventory in an attempt to grow BES as quickly as possible before the handset side falls to pieces entirely - interesting to see what guidance they give on enterprise customers at the next ER - if they are still talking about 'test' servers and even that number isn't significantly higher than last quarter, I would suggest that people head to the lifeboats.
    11-21-13 04:54 AM
    It's the only sensible move - dump the inventory in an attempt to grow BES as quickly as possible before the handset side falls to pieces entirely - interesting to see what guidance they give on enterprise customers at the next ER - if they are still talking about 'test' servers and even that number isn't significantly higher than last quarter, I would suggest that people head to the lifeboats.
    Yes, I really don't like how saying 25. 000 are Testing does not mean much if the conversion rate is not a significant one. Will have to wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-21-13 05:15 AM
    I bet they'll still be talking about test servers and the BES number won't be much different. By now people should at least be wearing their life jackets and have one foot in the lifeboat.
    11-21-13 06:03 AM
113,252 ... 22122213221422152216 ...