View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hi Morgan:

Do you think, there is any upside opportunity for the SP at all, before December ER? I don't think, BBMx video and call will make the market value BBRY differently. It did not even respond positively with BBMx launch, which did get a good response from consumers. Shorts are not giving up, and seem to be comfortable, and confident to see another bad ER in December. SP has gone below cash value. Mike L. does not seem to be doing anything with what Watsa has done. Are we not going to see any positive movement, until there is a profitable ER?

Thank you.
    JLagoon,

Everything you say is true, BB is in a quiet period now and the Hedge Funds and ordinary Funds now have time to sell into the end of the fiscal year. The Fiscal year for most companies ends this month. Then there is some tax loss selling into the first half of December and it is all over. You are right about cash, with $ 3.6 B plus another $ 250 MM from the Bond offering within the next few days, and the $ 800 MM from tax refunds and R&D, we are way under cash with the current price of the stock.

What I think is the driver here is what Chen will say now that they shopped the business assets and found out what the competition thinks is valuable. Chen could step in here and say, we have a partner, we are selling off real estate and our subs are at 130 MM users of BBM today. The stock would double on that news. It's not about the ER, it's about the direction the company is going and I don't know when Chen will set out his plans. I don't think he will wait for the next ER to do this but I could be wrong of course. Not much to go on my friend.
    11-20-13 10:36 AM
    Mark the words, we shall see time will prove you wrong.
    You are welcome to mark it if you like, but I am older than 4 years old and I no longer participate in dickk measuring contests. What's the big deal about being wrong?
    I often tell my students "if you can prove yourself wrong periodically, then you heading in the right direction".
    11-20-13 10:39 AM
    Did you ever do regression analysis on punch cards.... AH the good old days. Try bringing beer into a campus computer lab for late night assistance these days..........
    Man you guys are old! LOL
    Just want to make it clear that I am not an old geezer. I am not 40 yet.

P.S. we still have EtOH on campus (lots of it).
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    11-20-13 10:45 AM
    Man you guys are old! LOL
    Just want to make it clear that I am not an old geezer. I am not 40 yet.

P.S. we still have EtOH on campus (lots of it).

Yep, 48 but at least we have figured out, sort of, that inter-web thingy. At least enough to harass people on this thread....
    11-20-13 11:04 AM
    BTW, it was nice seeing Superfly_FR on the CrackBerry Podcast. Good job, man. Love the dedication. Bravo!
    Last edited by Corbu; 11-20-13 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Spelling
    11-20-13 11:05 AM
    The expanding and contracting Ads on CB is making this forum difficult to use.
    Is it just me? Anyone having problems with posts moving ups and down unexpectedly?
    11-20-13 11:20 AM
    Is it just me? Anyone having problems with posts moving ups and down unexpectedly?
    No, it's not just you, it is a complaint being addressed as we are posting. We were just talking about that administratively.
    bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    11-20-13 11:22 AM
    All good here. LoL.
    If i had professors like you, unfortunately i would have been a doc today. Damn. I knew it, i was ahead of my time.
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    11-20-13 11:24 AM
    I agree. But the wind is also changing directions in the tech world. It takes a while to sink in, but people are beginning to realize that the NSA and American tech are directly linked. If the NSA serves a court paper, they are obligated to provide the info. Info that the NSA can use in turn to hack in without court papers. People are starting to understand that if you use Android, iOS, WP, etc., your information is in the hands of the NSA. Most of us have nothing to worry about because we have nothing to hide (well, maybe a few embarrassing pictures), but I would rather not have to deal with potential mistakes and mishandling of my personal information. So, if you are living in China (or any other country for that matter), would like your information in the hands of the NSA?
    This, IMO, will likely be a consequential catalyst for BlackBerry. It is better encrypted and more safe with NOC. But also because the NSA can't hand BlackBerry a court paper to demand access. I am expecting that within the next few weeks or months, this issue would become a topic of mainstream media.
    People in China are more worried about their own government...

As for better encrypted and more safe with NOC... that doesn't really apply to consumer BB10 BlackBerry's. As LONG as I've been a BlackBerry user, the claims of better security being the key to BlackBerry's success have been trumped here on CrackBerry.... and that is about as far as it goes. People don't care unless it affects them in a way that they can perceive it.... and so far widespread viruses and G-Men beating down the doors hasn't been a huge problem for iPhone and Android users. And why does the NSA need a court order when all the info is already routed and decrypted through their four quantum computers that they have....

If you want to worry about personal information, you need to worry about Google and Facebook, they know more about you than you spouse does... and they are going to use it....
    11-20-13 11:25 AM
    I use Chrome with an Ad Blocker.... so not sure what Ads you are referring to.
    11-20-13 11:27 AM
    It messes with the BlackBerry browser, mainly.
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-20-13 11:38 AM
    Same here really annoying!!!
    11-20-13 11:46 AM
    Where do you get this stuff from, plasmid?

BlackBerry is a corporation doing continuous and systematic business in the US with presence in the US. It is therefore subject to US jurisdiction and subject to all legal requests for documents and data, be it search warrants, National Security Letters, grand jury subpoenas, and the good stuff -- secret orders from a secret court (FISA) -- that they cannot disclose publically.

Remember that in the name of sales -- the almighty dollar -- BlackBerry has handled the keys to BBM and BIS to -- I cannot emphasize this enough -- MURDEROUS AND CORRUPT TYRANTS in the Middle East. Think about this -- if you want to convert people to Christianity and do so partly over BIS and BBM, the Saudi Government will monitor your BIS and BBM and will collect the evidence with nice BlackBerry co-operation for your death penalty.

The idea that BlackBerry will not or does not comply with legal US orders or requests is laughable. If the US wants legal access, it will get it.

The issue has always been warrantless access...

[QUOTE=plasmid_boy;9580379 Most of us have nothing to worry about because we have nothing to hide (well, maybe a few embarrassing pictures), but I would rather not have to deal with potential mistakes and mishandling of my personal information. So, if you are living in China (or any other country for that matter), would like your information in the hands of the NSA?
    This, IMO, will likely be a consequential catalyst for BlackBerry. It is better encrypted and more safe with NOC. But also because the NSA can't hand BlackBerry a court paper to demand access. I am expecting that within the next few weeks or months, this issue would become a topic of mainstream media.[/QUOTE]
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    11-20-13 11:53 AM
    Getting Verizon ads "Droid wadi wadi" expanding and contracting every time I refresh I am using Chrome too.
    11-20-13 11:56 AM
    People in China are more worried about their own government...
    Yup, they should. But most people don't know any better. They still trust their government more than a foreign one.

As for better encrypted and more safe with NOC... that doesn't really apply to consumer BB10 BlackBerry's. As LONG as I've been a BlackBerry user, the claims of better security being the key to BlackBerry's success have been trumped here on CrackBerry.... and that is about as far as it goes.
    Well, BB owns ECC. What more proof would one needs.

And why does the NSA need a court order when all the info is already routed and decrypted through their four quantum computers that they have....
    I don't know. You can ask the NSA why they needed to serve these court orders (which were confirmed they did).

If you want to worry about personal information, you need to worry about Google and Facebook, they know more about you than you spouse does... and they are going to use it....
    I am not worry at all, but just prefer to not volunteer the info for no reason and not knowing what they are going to do with it.
    morganplus8, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    11-20-13 11:57 AM
    Where do you get this stuff from, plasmid?

BlackBerry is a corporation doing continuous and systematic business in the US with presence in the US. It is therefore subject to US jurisdiction and subject to all legal requests for documents and data, be it search warrants, National Security Letters, grand jury subpoenas, and the good stuff -- secret orders from a secret court (FISA) -- that they cannot disclose publically.

Remember that in the name of sales -- the almighty dollar -- BlackBerry has handled the keys to BBM and BIS to -- I cannot emphasize this enough -- MURDEROUS AND CORRUPT TYRANTS in the Middle East. Think about this -- if you want to convert people to Christianity and do so partly over BIS and BBM, the Saudi Government will monitor your BIS and BBM and will collect the evidence with nice BlackBerry co-operation for your death penalty.

The idea that BlackBerry will not or does not comply with legal US orders or requests is laughable. If the US wants legal access, it will get it.

The issue has always been warrantless access...
    I got it from press release from BB. They said that they had not granted access to their system to any secret services agencies (or something to that effect), while Google, Apple, MSFT, Cisco, etc had confirmed granted access (according to NYT).
    They gave keys to Indian government for access to the server setup in India (if I remember correctly, they fought hard to resist, but ended up conceding and built an isolated server for that country). The server that routs traffic in the US is located in Waterloo Canada, so they don't have to agree to NAS requests. Of course if the the US law enforcement has a court paper ordering BB to hand over specific information about a specific person, BB would likely have to comply (and you and I would want them to, it's the right thing to do). But the NAS simply can't go to BlackBerry and ask them to hand over the encryption keys (unless you know for sure that they could do this?) or instal Prism etc.
    11-20-13 12:10 PM
    Maybe the Ad Blocker helped suppressing it?
    11-20-13 12:13 PM
    For me the worse part is the auto skipping on the z30 on the Cb app. Can't use the app anymore because of it...so frustrating
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    11-20-13 12:15 PM
    Firefox isn't much better.... I thought it was me. Well it probably is
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    11-20-13 12:22 PM
    For me the worse part is the auto skipping on the z30 on the Cb app. Can't use the app anymore because of it...so frustrating
    We just brought this up yesterday. Bringing pressure to bear.
    11-20-13 12:24 PM
    Firefox isn't much better.... I thought it was me. Well it probably is
    no it's not you, it's your bifocals LOL
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    11-20-13 12:43 PM
    I have had a chance to discuss production orders with one RCMP officer, who specifically help with these, and about getting transcript over what may transfer over BlackBerry network, the officer did say they had much more trouble getting BlackBerry to comply than anyone else. While this does not mean they never do comply, it does support the fact that they will put up a fight.
    11-20-13 12:51 PM
    no it's not you, it's your bifocals LOL
    I refuse to give in. If I sit 8 feet from the screen I can see everything perfectly!

EDIT: OK so it's only 3 feet away ...but it is a 27" monitor
    11-20-13 12:52 PM
    How come it's green today?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 01:33 PM
    Plasmid, you are mixing up legal access with the warrantless surveillance.

Initially you said 'But also because the NSA can't hand BlackBerry a court paper to demand access." As as I said, this is incorrect for the reasons stated. I think we agree that BBM and BIS is open to "legal" access the world over.

Now the big issue of course is the warrantless surveillance. You believe that "the NAS simply can't go to BlackBerry and ask them to hand over the encryption keys (unless you know for sure that they could do this?) or instal Prism etc." I know for sure they CAN do this. I don't know for sure they DID this, or what BlackBerry's response would be or have been. I know for sure BlackBerry does not have physical control 24/7 of its various leased lines and infrastructure. I don't even know whether the NSA even need to bother BlackBerry formally. BlackBerry's partners are the carriers. Blackberry depends on the carriers. The carriers have been co-operating with the NSA for a very, very long time (remember the debate whether Obama was going to pardon them or not and he flip-flopped).

I find the idea that when the governments and spy agencies of the US, Canada, UK, AUS and NZ have committed to total electronic surveillance of the world but would make an exemption just for this particular Canadian company, very far-fetched. The NSA has been planting moles in the establishment of international security standards, getting diplomats drunk and influencing them, killing American citizens with drones, but they would not plant a mole or bribe someone with access to how BlackBerry generates random numbers because...

Lastly, do not believe what "corporations" say. "Blackberry said..." Yes, Blackberry also said they would sell "tens of millions of Q10s..." Prem Watsa also said it is a done deal for the sale... Consider the current CEO of BlackBerry is a quasi-political figure in the US appointed by the US government. Do you trust him to consider your privacy over a phone call from the White House.

I got it from press release from BB. They said that they had not granted access to their system to any secret services agencies (or something to that effect), while Google, Apple, MSFT, Cisco, etc had confirmed granted access (according to NYT).
    They gave keys to Indian government for access to the server setup in India (if I remember correctly, they fought hard to resist, but ended up conceding and built an isolated server for that country). The server that routs traffic in the US is located in Waterloo Canada, so they don't have to agree to NAS requests. Of course if the the US law enforcement has a court paper ordering BB to hand over specific information about a specific person, BB would likely have to comply (and you and I would want them to, it's the right thing to do). But the NAS simply can't go to BlackBerry and ask them to hand over the encryption keys (unless you know for sure that they could do this?) or instal Prism etc.
    11-20-13 01:57 PM
113,256 ... 22112212221322142215 ...