View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Have you ever used other chat softwares? Picture should be treated as the same as text, all should be in chat session. You don't call it a failure? At least I and my friends do.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    11-19-13 01:20 PM
    It is different.

Friends in a bbm group didn't like it either until they realized that the pictures show up in a nice group gallery and that they can comment and like each photo.

This way if you miss the picture as the chat goes on throughout the day you can easily get to it by clicking the new group picture notification.

I personally prefer this but think ideal world would be in chat thumbnail that auto adds to gallery.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 01:28 PM
    Morgan have you ever considered sending your ideas and thoughts to BB? you compile such great ideas into a thread that I feel would just go to waste it deserves more attention, real attention!

and OT I hope your personal stuff will get resolved and your back to perfect health, do keep us posted when you feel its appropriate so we all know your doing well!
    slipstream89

Hi guy, I think the opportunity is there to communicate with BB about some of the thoughts and ideas presented on this board. I personally cannot take on a project like that at this time. I hope to one day get back on track and present some ideas, but for me, it can't happen soon enough to make a difference. There are some great discussions on this thread, my hat is off to Super_Fly for coming up with the thread, at first I dismissed it entirely, but over time, the conversations of some members drew me into this thread. For now, the best I can do is throw around some thoughts and see if they make sense to others.

For instance, we often hear the rate of change in technology is happening at an alarming pace. Really? Are we sure about that? The hardware side is changing at a fair clip but today it is not the Achilles heel of the problem. The software side of the equation is the far more important aspect of the package. This is where BlackBerry needs to go. Why would you hire staff, develop a phone, package it in single lots and try to sell it to millions of consumers by giving plenty of handlers a cut? How old is that? What BlackBerry needs to do is look at it a different way, .... ask themselves hypothetically speaking, "where are there millions of people all in the same room?. When you ask this question and define "the room" as Amazon or LinkedIn or Microsoft etc., you realize that BlackBerry isn't one of those "rooms", it is a single product maker in a finite sector, with a fan base. Amazon has a huge "consumer" room, there are 100's of millions in that room and they have money to spend. There is no other reason to go to Amazon, and enter their room .... but to part with your money. So why would you not want to tap that source to sell your product? Then there is the "business room", LinkedIn has a "business room", they have 100's of millions of people in that room. You can waste a ton of capital trying to create your own room or you can take your product and drop it off there and let those people devour it. This analogy can be made for iTunes, Google Play and so on, why would you spend a dime on the remaking of products and space that already exists? Just show up with your product and let them devour it there too. BlackBerry needs to buy small start-ups that have a differentiated product, make it their own, by this I mean "brand it" as theirs and take it around to the masses via specific "rooms". We see trillions of dollars spent every year by the same people, the same people that spend their time hunting down these rooms and trying hard to part with their cash.

LinkedIn wants traffic, BBM will drive traffic, they need to get together and double the size of traffic for LinkedIn and 10 X it for BBM. It's a win/win for both and creates a room that can't be build by anyone else in the world. Once BB hits scale, they own the space just like Windows OS does. MSFT makes terrible products, but they own the space now. BlackBerry owned their space but decided to sit back and think that no one would ever challenge them. They could have purchased Apple, now its the other way around.

Let's hope that Chen and some new management gets it this time around. They have wonderful assets in BlackBerry, more then most companies will ever hope for in their entire lives. They just need to understand that the way to grow a company is not to compete head with others who have the same thing, that's a fools game. They need to associate with successful companies who don't have a complete communication package. Instead of guessing whether the item you want to purchase is right for you, make some real-time communication available in the retail market, make it available in the wholesale market and make it available in the services market, don't stop until you own all of those markets. There, I got to rank today, cheers!
    zyben, bungaboy, Corbu and 15 others like this.
    11-19-13 01:29 PM
    Seems all the other IM software is missing a group photo gallery. Basic function, I'm not sure how they're going to compete with bbm without it.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 01:30 PM
    Morgan have you ever considered sending your ideas and thoughts to BB? you compile such great ideas into a thread that I feel would just go to waste it deserves more attention, real attention!

and OT I hope your personal stuff will get resolved and your back to perfect health, do keep us posted when you feel its appropriate so we all know your doing well!
    At least if Morgan were CEO he could take those billions in the bank and hedge BBRY's cash burn with an investment in HALO!
    M65c02 likes this.
    11-19-13 01:32 PM
    Lots of activity around the Dec 21st $6 puts:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-dec21.jpg
    11-19-13 01:58 PM
    Arnt all these stories about Blackberry's potential just another way to hype the stock, like all the TA the past year which all suggested the stock could rise or fall, but which in the end always fell?

The "TA" for Blackberry the company is all negative, and its pretty unlikely to even manage its primary mission, which is make a profit the next quarter, hence the 10 year low.

Surely any sensible person would predict further losses, till some shell company scoops up the brand name for cheap Android handsets?
    techvisor and chr1sny like this.
    11-19-13 02:28 PM
    Yes, but there could be a gem in the sea of sand stories (and you could win the lottery too). So, mostly just typical banter that attempts to drive the stock--up or down--if for only a moment. For all practical purposes, we have an all time low in a rising market and still strong market sector. Having said this, most of the bad news--including continued losses--should be factored into the current price through early next year with maybe just a small drift downward. Some final accounting maneuvers (albeit BB has pulled almost everything from this quill) may assist in generating a small, upward spike but there will be no further high volume buying (selling is another matter) coming into BB. Right on schedule, look for the stock to go under 5 in early-mid 2014 w/o a some major change(s) in BB. We have seen a pattern for BB eerily similar to that followed by many tech stocks of yesteryear as they fade.

There shouldn't be any earth-shattering news in the quarterlies as we know that BB unit sales have not increased. Revenues from OS10 is still very deep in the red and the legacy phones, and revenues related thereto, will continue to provide operational profits--but not nearly enough to overcome OS10 losses. Having said this, shareholders may (should) want to take their losses for reporting years coinciding with calendar year in December. In other words, they won't want to hold through the potential of another bad quarterly reported in late December. (Yet, those that were playing for profits in 2013 should have long-since left BB ... no later than July if not early June.)

I don't see Chen/Prem team rebuilding although it's possible that some sort of strategic alliance (or minor purchase) per other fine posts herein might be attempted just to cloud the poor revenues from OS10---if for no other reasons. Surely, Prem won't be too eager to take a giant loss for his fund(s) nor those he led into BB but similarly he can't be in this for too much of a long haul. Therefore, in the end, your scenario (in your last sentence) is one very plausible outcome as early as the fall of 2014.
    Last edited by M65c02; 11-19-13 at 03:48 PM. Reason: minor typo
    chr1sny likes this.
    11-19-13 03:04 PM
    Therefore, in the end, your scenario (in your last sentence) is one very plausible outcome as early as the fall of 2014.
    But coming from him, it might be a typo, WP instead of Android? J/K
    11-19-13 03:23 PM
    They are clearly talking about MSFT, what other product has achieved such mediocrity over the past 30 years? MSFT produces garbage, I can't think of a single product they have produced that does work, doesn't invite viruses all day and has more holes and needs more updates than Windows products. Shows you that such a boring company can exist for many years as long as it has its fair share of fanboys. Now, go out into the world and try to find a human with WP8!!! Good luck with that.
    plasmid_boy, sidhuk and fedakd like this.
    11-19-13 03:36 PM
    Correct, but the emphasis wasn't intended to be on the Android as much as Boek's overall concept. (And, by all means, I don't endorse this as the most likely outcome, simply one very plausible end/alliance. For example, something in line with Morgan's "Linked In-BBM" union would be interesting too.) Also, it would have to be a pretty good deal to consummate as early as fall 2014 or, alternatively, BB's cash drain would have to be very severe. Given that BB has slowed its bleeding and in combination with its relative horde of cash, our BB can survive several more quarters (possibly into 2015) despite not generating free cash from operations.
    11-19-13 03:39 PM
    They are clearly talking about MSFT, what other product has achieved such mediocrity over the past 30 years? MSFT produces garbage, I can't think of a single product they have produced that does work, doesn't invite viruses all day and has more holes and needs more updates than Windows products. Shows you that such a boring company can exist for many years as long as it has its fair share of fanboys. Now, go out into the world and try to find a human with WP8!!! Good luck with that.
    Funny that you mentioned all that. I started using computers in the 80's (Commodore PET), then when MSDOS came out I used it because it was free (well I got mine for free) which allowed me to build IBM clones (remember those 286 XT?). To me, it was always a mediocre OS (including Windows) compared to UNIX, Linux, and now OSX. But I heard that the Xbox One is good though
    morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    11-19-13 03:43 PM

Easier to find than a human with a BB10 BlackBerry....
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    11-19-13 03:47 PM
    Funny that you mentioned all that. I started using computers in the 80's (Commodore PET), then when MSDOS came out I used it because it was free (well I got mine for free) which allowed me to build IBM clones (remember those 286 XT?). To me, it was always a mediocre OS (including Windows) compared to UNIX, Linux, and now OSX. But I heard that the Xbox One is good though
    It isn't about being the best. It about getting the job done, and sometimes simpler is better.

MS Office is what really drove Windows sales, and from what I hear MS Office is driving a lot of people to Windows 8 on tablets... and maybe to phones.

Maybe if BlackBerry showcase Doc to Go (and made it a little more usable).
    11-19-13 03:50 PM
    This has got nothing to do with Microsoft and Windows Phone. Surely its Apple and Google's most excellent products which have strangled and continue to strangle BB. MS has no blood on its hands in this case.
    11-19-13 03:53 PM
    It isn't about being the best. It about getting the job done, and sometimes simpler is better.

MS Office is what really drove Windows sales, and from what I hear MS Office is driving a lot of people to Windows 8 on tablets... and maybe to phones.

Maybe if BlackBerry showcase Doc to Go (and made it a little more usable).
    Sure, but MSoffice can't get things done for me, the package sucks!
    I use LaTex to write publications and formal reports. Keynote for presentations, Pages for light writing, Numbers for light spreadsheets, Prism for complicated spreadsheets. Also ability to write and run simple shell scripts in OSX makes it so much more useful to me than MSwindows (thought it was useful when I was 15 years old on which I wrote my first payroll program using Q-basic on a 486DX that I built). Really, Windows is for very light duty work.
    morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    11-19-13 03:59 PM
    Lots of activity around the Dec 21st $6 puts:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dec21.JPG 
Views:	784 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	222370
    Is it possible for bbry to be worth. .36 cents

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 04:02 PM
    Windows 8 blows (7 was great), I use it. Windows Phone is **** as well, I use it. For example, if one is social media savvy like myself, you can't take a picture with your Windows phone and private message it via Facebook. A simple and helpful feature that all my friends use with iPhone for example. Instead, I am only able to post the pictures I take on my wall... What if I take a picture of a hot girl and want to share it with few people?!
    11-19-13 04:07 PM
    What if I take a picture of a hot girl and want to share it with few people?!
    Try BBM. Oh, wait, never-mind
    Kid Vibe and bungaboy like this.
    11-19-13 04:16 PM
    Referring up a couple posts, I like to keep track of people like you (plasmid_boy)!! I presume you to be like a rare Chianti. Yes, yes, and the early CP/M (later CP/M-86) competing with DOS, AOS and MS-DOS. Maybe you also remember the M65c02 running up against the 86 and 88s. Sometimes it's whomever is first to the trough and history making decisions are sometimes made on that basis (and some luck) alone. If Apple had agreed to bridge to IBM mainframes, for example, then Gates would have never begun. Apple obviously recovered but what if ...... Regardless of origins, however, no one should underestimate the power of MSFT and, more to Morgan's comment, in the U.S. (and London) we do see WP8s. Please remember guys, MSFT was the undisputedpower in the 90's and capped that decade by assuring its dominance for the first two decades of this millennium with Y2K crisis MS-DOS/Windows core replacements of so much COBOL, FORTRAN, PL-1, and sometimes other early OOPs legacy code. Yes, MSFT may have sat around and clipped coupons for the past ten years but there's a big war chest and lot's of leverage they can apply if cornered. (Oh, BTW Morgan you're also included in my opening comment.)
    11-19-13 04:18 PM
    Does anyone know what has been driving the stock price down the past two days?
    11-19-13 04:35 PM
    11-19-13 04:37 PM
    Try BBM. Oh, wait, never-mind
    "Take picture only"?
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    11-19-13 04:37 PM
    Windows 8 blows (7 was great), I use it. Windows Phone is **** as well, I use it. For example, if one is social media savvy like myself, you can't take a picture with your Windows phone and private message it via Facebook. A simple and helpful feature that all my friends use with iPhone for example. Instead, I am only able to post the pictures I take on my wall... What if I take a picture of a hot girl and want to share it with few people?!
    If you mean via FB chat, you can using the app, like on the iPhone.
    11-19-13 04:56 PM
    Referring up a couple posts, I like to keep track of people like you (plasmid_boy)!! I presume you to be like a rare Chianti. Yes, yes, and the early CP/M (later CP/M-86) competing with DOS, AOS and MS-DOS. Maybe you also remember the M65c02 running up against the 86 and 88s. Sometimes it's whomever is first to the trough and history making decisions are sometimes made on that basis (and some luck) alone. If Apple had agreed to bridge to IBM mainframes, for example, then Gates would have never begun. Apple obviously recovered but what if ...... Regardless of origins, however, no one should underestimate the power of MSFT and, more to Morgan's comment, in the U.S. (and London) we do see WP8s. Please remember guys, MSFT was the undisputedpower in the 90's and capped that decade by assuring its dominance for the first two decades of this millennium with Y2K crisis MS-DOS/Windows core replacements of so much COBOL, FORTRAN, PL-1, and sometimes other early OOPs legacy code. Yes, MSFT may have sat around and clipped coupons for the past ten years but there's a big war chest and lot's of leverage they can apply if cornered. (Oh, BTW Morgan you're also included in my opening comment.)
    That's why they should buy BlackBerry. It would seal their control of embedded OS, industrial controls, and have the best mobile OS for free. All for less than what they paid for a crappy thing called Skype.

Edit: BTW, I still use Fortran.

Edit2: Wow, just realized I gone over 1000 posts
    morganplus8, Corbu, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    11-19-13 05:06 PM
113,256 ... 22082209221022112212 ...