View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Only BBM is capable of going into business/enterprise in a secure way and capturing the entire market.
    Slightly OT, I am digging the Porsche Design Z10. Seriously considering getting one...and a 2013 Boxster S to go with it. Maybe next year or two...
    11-19-13 09:23 AM
    Sounds like a great dream....

Just need the Balance feature in iOS and Android to work.
    No you don't, you need to purchase a BlackBerry phone for that, that's why Apple sucks and Android is a waste of time in Enterprise.

Just need BlackBerry to get BBM to work without causing problems or killing battery (maybe yesterdays update?).
    Of course a new product launch not only needs reliability but more features. All of which are coming.

Just need BlackBerry to get Voice and Video for iOS and Android released.
    This objective has been stated by the company.

Just need BlackBerry to get BBM-X release on Windows 8 so that it is truly cross platform and works on desktops.
    Again you are stating the obvious here, BB has already stated they are bringing this to market. Not sure Windows is needed so soon though. In any case, it's coming.

Just need LinkedIn to buy BlackBerry.... why would they want to partner when they could buy them cheap.
    BBM needs to spin off and partner with LinkedIn and others. Too big an asset to be sold here. What makes you think they could even afford to buy BB? (It's a rhetorical question, they can't.)

Just need to figure out how to get people to try BBM again and to stick with it this time.
    Wouldn't the sub base from LinkedIn be enough for one day? LOL Please .......

Just need Enterprise to come back to BES10. Magic Quadrant for Mobile Device Management Software

That's BlackBerry's problem, we are talking about BBM-X here. As for BES10, we don't even know where that portion of the business is as they just came off "trials" in late September and that program extends to the end of this year so there isn't any data on BES10.1 yet.
    Corbu, plasmid_boy, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    11-19-13 09:25 AM
    Dude, if your job here is to bash BlackBerry, then stay focused. You're diluting your message with this comment. LOL

Posted via CB10
    Even Ford promised to changed because he shamed the nation. He promised this last night on CBC to peter .
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    11-19-13 09:29 AM
    And what should he say?
    Something called investor confidence. BB name has been pissed on and dragged in the dirt the past year and that why the Sp is so low. No investor has confidence in BB's plan to turn itself around. There are many things that are so small that will go along way. Be Transparent! Not hide , maybe throw a punch right now we are playing rope a dope with a 4000 pound elephant killing us. Time to change how BB's been dealing with negative press and perceived perception.
    11-19-13 09:35 AM
    Even Ford promised to changed because he shamed the nation. He promised this last night on CBC to peter .
    I miss listening to Peter Mansbridge...

You and I know what Ford's promise is worth
    Toronto is my hometown. Been telling my American friends that Toronto is an amazing city. Now, they tell me that they should visit for some banned substances.
    11-19-13 09:37 AM
    I miss listening to Peter Mansbridge...

You and I know what Ford's promise is worth
    Toronto is my hometown. Been telling my American friends that Toronto is an amazing city. Now, they tell me that they should visit for some banned substances.
    Thats why charles barkley said the other day that he wants to go hangout with the toronto mayor. LoL
    11-19-13 09:40 AM
    Something called investor confidence. BB name has been pissed on and dragged in the dirt the past year and that why the Sp is so low. No investor has confidence in BB's plan to turn itself around. There are many things that are so small that will go along way. Be Transparent! Not hide , maybe throw a punch right now we are playing rope a dope with a 4000 pound elephant killing us. Time to change how BB's been dealing with negative press and perceived perception.
    Yup.
    If I were Chen, I would show that video of the Porsche Design Z10 on TV as often as I can. Just as is, no messages, no hype, nothing.
    Let people associate BlackBerry with Porsche in their mind.
    sidhuk, morganplus8, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    11-19-13 09:41 AM
    We dropped below 6 dollars today, I can't wait to see the short interest ending on the 15th.
    11-19-13 09:41 AM
    That's just one example, the logical thing to do is sub-categorize it so that Healthcare is one sector and so on. You can't expect FB or Twitter or any other platform to capture Enterprise this way. Only BBM is capable of going into business/enterprise in a secure way and capturing the entire market. They need partners who bring something to the table, FB might help them with some aspect of the social market but the real money lies in Enterprise where companies are willing to take the next step in getting their message out there, i.e., we all have Web traffic but everyone could use a mobile centric Channels Group that is secure, and you can control who uses it or not. Now setup Groups and it so much easier to build on consumers and business interest and "not" rely on Google to get your products and message out there. On top of all this, you have direct to consumer communication without looking at someones twitter message which won't allow one on one private "business talk". We should be able to access BlackBerry via channels on a business level, this should be available to everyone around the world that wants to give value-added information to BB. Yahoo, Google, you name it, none of these companies can communicate at higher tier levels with their staff and consumers alike. If you think this is too bulky, think Justin B and his 50 million crazed followers, this dope has no problem keeping up with his fanbase.

So let's take this one step further, say Pinterest is a popular site, the Website base and data field are already there, it needs to be integrated into BBM-X and Channels now, it wouldn't take much and then they have another venue to get their mesaage out there in a non-website based way. Deeper communication levels and better traffic data. I can see all kinds of companies going for a partnership with BB and BBM-X, like Amazon.

Here is an example, you want to buy a toaster, you Google toasters, you come up with 39 toasters at Amazon, you go there and see what others have bought, click, read their reviews, see if that toaster is available to you and possibly make a purchase. This has been the method of shopping forever now. The problem with this method is that it is so one dimentional. You hope the reviews aren't canned, you hope the product is okay and that's it! No communication is in place to "tip" your decision. Companies need a way to "tip" the consumer in the direction of their product and so far, there is nothing but an old un-trustworthy method of buying things on the Net.

Is there nothing more disturbing than reading Alex at BB on Twitter? We have BBM!!!! What the heck is he doing promoting another line of communication? He needs to be BB first and I know it takes time to do this but ...................... if he feels the need to use Twitter, he should see that BlackBerry is missing out on a great opportunity here.

Anyone who wants to communicate with BB should be doing it on BBM. BlackBerry needs to spin off this great asset and let it grow. In the future, we should be hearing or reading all things BlackBerry via BBM-X or Channels, not another platform. BlackBerry would have premium services over any other phone out there today. That's the connection between the two. And I don't mean voice of video! LOL
    Any one has Chen's personal email. I like what you saying here.
    11-19-13 09:43 AM
    You know they monitor this thread.
    11-19-13 10:22 AM
    We got this: [email protected]
    11-19-13 10:25 AM
    11-19-13 10:27 AM
    Ha! Please don't send this kind of message, it needs to be written in business lingo. I would present this case in a true MBA fashion and add numbers here. I tell you, I'm on LinkedIn, I have plenty of connections and I get requests all the time, I use half my front page telling people to stop trying to hire me. I would spend a great deal of time using BBM-X with all of my associates, connections, etc., if we were all on the same page with BBM-X and desktop BBM. Trust me, the traffic and dedication you see on this CB thread would transcend to the BBM Enterprise market.
    11-19-13 10:57 AM
    Morgan shoulda been BB's CEO, I bet he'd do a better job than TH.
    11-19-13 11:24 AM
    We got this: [email protected]
    Hi JLagoon!!

I just wanted to thank you for thinking about me in a non-investment way! I appreciate that, I can't tell you anything about my next surgery as it has become very personal now. As for BlackBerry, I'm looking at this investment in a different light, they are likely working hard to formulate their new business plan. I want them to spin off BBM and run that business with a new management structure. I also want BBM to be wholely independent with BBRY holding maybe 20% or less of the stock. Finally, I want BBM to make use of the NOC and all of present and future security. Everyone who makes use of BBM gets security and BBM pays "click" revenue to BBRY. In this way, BBRY has actual revenue, is forced to keep their security current, including ECC, and we have a stock play in BBM. BBRY should not be managing BBM in any way.

So when someone asks BBM what security they use for BBM communication they say, " We use BES10.8 Cross Platform, with ECC options/upgrades", no mention of BlackBerry at all. A US based company with all new players; get out of Canada. This type of launch would take years but you and I don't care one bit as they will value BBM at a today BBRY equivalent pricing around $ 30.00/shr.

I also want BlackBerry to make their iconic phone plus one all touch. Don't drop phones even if they have to price them like Porsche phones. I want a Porsche and I want a BlackBerry, price is secondary. I also want something unique to BB 10.XXXX that other phones don't have when it comes to BBM. That could be data compression or some other feature that you can attach exclusively to BB hardware. I don't want a 14 yr old using the same phone. Is that too much to ask? LOL

Take care buddy and it's nice to see you invested in this challenging vehicle.
    11-19-13 11:27 AM
    Morgan shoulda been BB's CEO, I bet he'd do a better job than TH.
    Pictures Vibe pictures .................. I need pictures, love the last ones, there is something about your crazy life, it reminds me of when I was your age. LOL
    11-19-13 11:29 AM
    Ha! Please don't send this kind of message, it needs to be written in business lingo. I would present this case in a true MBA fashion and add numbers here. I tell you, I'm on LinkedIn, I have plenty of connections and I get requests all the time, I use half my front page telling people to stop trying to hire me. I would spend a great deal of time using BBM-X with all of my associates, connections, etc., if we were all on the same page with BBM-X and desktop BBM. Trust me, the traffic and dedication you see on this CB thread would transcend to the BBM Enterprise market.
    LoL,
    Naw, I am wise enough to know that a Jedi cant be hired for the "money alone". Not gonna send anything to any one. That was just expression to your comment and showing my appreciation.
    On the other hand, Chen must shown a light at the end of tunnel before gotten hired. I believe that in the end, it is all about the right people at the right time.
    11-19-13 11:31 AM
    Pictures Vibe pictures .................. I need pictures, love the last ones, there is something about your crazy life, it reminds me of when I was your age. LOL
    Did i say let's "invest" in Kid's next adventure? LoL
    11-19-13 11:35 AM
    I don't want a 14 yr old using the same phone. Is that too much to ask? LOL
    I agree, but make sure that this kid wants to get one when he grows up.
    sidhuk, bungaboy, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    11-19-13 11:36 AM
    Did i say let's "invest" in Kid's next adventure? LoL
    I am in, if investors get a piece of the action...LOL
    sidhuk, bungaboy, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    11-19-13 11:38 AM
    I am in, if investors get a piece of the action...LOL
    Did you see the word invest has some "invest" clause in it?
    11-19-13 11:41 AM
    Hi JLagoon!!

I just wanted to thank you for thinking about me in a non-investment way! I appreciate that, I can't tell you anything about my next surgery as it has become very personal now.
    I thought of asking the same question many times but hesitated for the same reason. I wish you a successful recovery Morgan.
    11-19-13 11:47 AM
    Morgan have you ever considered sending your ideas and thoughts to BB? you compile such great ideas into a thread that I feel would just go to waste it deserves more attention, real attention!

and OT I hope your personal stuff will get resolved and your back to perfect health, do keep us posted when you feel its appropriate so we all know your doing well!
    11-19-13 11:47 AM
    I have lost a lot of money on BBRY and cut my shares in half to offset my other gains this year.

BlackBerry is a really badly managed company, period.

The only bright spot of BlackBerry as a company is its QNX/BB10 team. I got to admit there are great talents in this team.

The other parts of BBRY are horrible. Take BBM as an example, it just lacks some essential functionalities, how can it compete in this already crowded market.

I have taken a lot of effort to persuade my friends to try BBM. However, they all gave up with the same reason : cannot do in-chat picture posting in a group. Man, how can you compete without this basic functionality. I am simply speechless.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 12:59 PM
    I have taken a lot of effort to persuade my friends to try BBM. However, they all gave up with the same reason : cannot do in-chat picture posting in a group. Man, how can you compete without this basic functionality. I am simply speechless.
    Posted via CB10
    Can do image posting in chat when you control what the images can be (lifetime).
    If you delete the chat, you delete all plus you know who is actually in the chat and therefore who will see the images.
    In other situations ("chatroom in a group space") you don't control it (new members can pop). So there's a dedicated space for that, where you have more control.

It's not a failure. At all.
    bungaboy, rarsen, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    11-19-13 01:10 PM
113,256 ... 22072208220922102211 ...