View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'm liking all this negativity which might be predicting the bottom for the stock as you have ridiculous predictions of BlackBerry going to $2.50 or even to zero. You have every negative energy posting with glee that others are losing money and people losing their jobs. I've noticed with stocks when it hits rock bottom like we are seeing now thay it's buy time. The opposite is true when it's all positive and talk of a much higher stock price.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 08:25 PM
    Chen's compensation package took a hit today. He might have to stop using the corporate jet and start flying economy.

Posted via CB10
    Do ya really think that or are ya just chumming the waters?
    11-18-13 08:28 PM
    I'm liking all this negativity which might be predicting the bottom for the stock as you have ridiculous predictions of BlackBerry going to $2.50 or even to zero.
    Can you link me to those predictions, there's an "s" so there must be more than one, right?
    11-18-13 08:35 PM
    First of all, you need to post a "party picture" from one of your trips when you post here, that's an order ............

Secondly, they increased their marketing effort by 50% for Q2 and that burned a ton of cash, they need to cut back on that figure by 50% minimum so that they can reserve the cash to pay for CORE. If they do this in Q3, we should have some surprising results. It's not as if that bloated budget was going to sell any more phones anyway. Let's hope they held back $ 400 million for Q3 and our cash on hand pops.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-941298_10152529447997334_852758818_n.jpg

So I was in Tokyo for Halloween... Imagine thousands of hot Japanese girls roaming the street in these kind of customes... Man o man.

I have to agree about cutting Marketing costs, they now have an older product they had their chance to market it (didn't go so well). I just hope they use some better tactics and ditch Alicia Keys (horrible sponsorship). My Air Canada stock rose about 70% since I've been watching it and unfortunately I sold way to early... Would have probably depleted my BB loss by half... Ah well. As of now, I have pulled out of the market and need to focus on some other things... I will be back tho, eventually. I am going to take a newer approach to my investing. Short term holds and less about the product and more about the perception/hype that it is following. That seriously seems to work most of the time these days.

O, and Morgan!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-988229_618288048189400_943019058_n.jpg
    11-18-13 08:57 PM
    Brave man. I also did something brave today. Did not sell my bitcoins.
    Replace the word bit coin with Bennie Baby and it would make more sense.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 09:04 PM
    Where is the exciting product Thorsten indicated he was "excited" about and couldn't speak about further? This was before he was muzzled by his own company The product was slated to come out for the holiday season this year. I've been wondering what that product is!
    morganplus8 likes this.
    11-19-13 01:00 AM
    Where is the exciting product Thorsten indicated he was "excited" about and couldn't speak about further? This was before he was muzzled by his own company The product was slated to come out for the holiday season this year. I've been wondering what that product is!
    I believe that was a product he was discussing with Rob Ford?
    techvisor and Markymark 23 like this.
    11-19-13 01:23 AM
    Rob Ford is such a boon to comedians everywhere. The mere mention of his name can make any topic funny.
    Kid Vibe and fedakd like this.
    11-19-13 01:47 AM
    passive miracast enabled "PlayBook2" screen ?
    fedakd likes this.
    11-19-13 03:24 AM
    Morgan, any views on North American Palladium (PAL)? I know their cash situation is cause for concern..

I invested in this stock back in 2007 .. it was rewarded nicely :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 04:18 AM
    passive miracast enabled "PlayBook2" screen ?
    I was thinking about desktop dock.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-19-13 05:54 AM
    Dude, if your job here is to bash BlackBerry, then stay focused. You're diluting your message with this comment. LOL

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 06:00 AM
    On others news [slightly OT, sry for that] ...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000042.jpg
    bungaboy and peter9477 like this.
    11-19-13 06:31 AM
    Is that connected to the P'9982?
    11-19-13 06:33 AM
    Is that connected to the P'9982?
    No, unfortunately
    This is a status regarding local (FR) BlackBerry promotion and access to selected informations and devices tests.
    11-19-13 06:53 AM
    Hello darkness my old friend... The death spiral continues and accelerates.
    A big drop today and more are in the making. We'll probably see $0 much faster than the many "kamikaze investors" here try to make believe. Prem Watsa will make his money off the debris, while shareholders will realize that the light at the end of the tunnel was indeed an oncoming train. [More] massive write-downs for the Q5, Q10 and Z30 just coming your way.
    BBRY makes good headway towards oblivion with a nice -4% drop today.
    Poster has strong words but $5 is the magic (death) number. The next step is for BB to close below the mystical $5 (early 2014), then those GAMBLING on the first class deck will have no shelter… steerage, without money to lose, has long since been under water and drowned. Prices may bob up and down but the fundamentals simply aren’t (haven’t been) there: This is not alchemy. BB has been a day trader type play and/or penny-stock strategy (but w/o the usual start-up dynamics) play for several months now. Profits under these scenarios to be made (and by shorting, of course) but only delusion allows presumption of anything more. (This has been warned repeatedly by objective observers since early April that no one could possibly miss since...with all signs coming true since.)
    Basic tech analysis says the trend is down as long as you get lower lows and lower highs and to the opposite with higher highs and higher lows you are in an uptrend. So, … just connect the dots and your chart will have done its job...just don't be lazy [invest with emotion] and [...
    Never liked the word technical (too complimentary); prefer trend analysis. But whether a charter or a longer-term fundamentals-type investor, the smoke was apparent years ago and even the blind could feel the heat from the confirmed fire in late June. No serious investors are left in this baby. Only 100% lottery speculation and day-trading for eighths …. With that attitude you might succeed in life ... sorry I mean with BBRY.
    And why is it assumed to be the case? Analysts are only looking at handset sales and percentages of the market. They are not taking into account that the market itself is exploding in size or that BlackBerry is reducing its employee count in order to make it more viable with less handset sales. They look at what they want to look at.
    Sure, there’s an armchair analyst that pops up every second. And, Yes, more than a few (claiming to be) analysts only began shaving—legs or beards—in the past couple of years. BUT, you’re being a bit hasty in grouping the value of a consensus of experienced analysts. But if you really care … a couple time-honored lessons….
    First, there is no free cash being generated by BB and, further, few prospects for changing that trend. Second, and if we need a second, there are no (OS10) phones to be found on the street …. and that is a critical indicator that one can determine without review of a public accounting. Dropping payroll is most often like placing putty (or one’s finger) in a leaking dam … or applying pressure to a severely bleeding artery. It is treating a symptom and not a cause: Redress of the cause of the BB demise is what is required. The underlying fundamental weakness in the BB business structure/strategy has yet to be addressed. W/O 20mm OS10 phones being sold per annum, BB drains itself of cash, goodwill, and (other) intangible assets allowing a recovery with subsequent products. It may stop the bleeding but floundering w/o cogent strategy it only puts off (BB won’t sell even 20mm total phones and legacy phones are still outselling OS10.)

These are the simple basics of this industry and were being pressed long before giving one last respect for BB’s (exaggerated) mgmt. reports . This nod of respect kept the stock afloat in the low double digits until the obvious was confirmed in late June. During the summer, the BB share price remained afloat, of course, on the basis of a projected sale of BB ... a final gasp was the formal BB announcement that a sale was being sought … and then re-certification of what we all knew: NO sales, No results.
    It is the case, because it true. Getting rid of employees actually costs more money than paying them for a quarter or 2. … I guarantee they look at # of handsets sold, market share, market size, ASP and a bunch of other metrics. They may well get it wrong, and BBRY forces them to make a boatload of assumptions, but I think it's universally accepted that BBRY is going to [continue to burn] cash these next few quarters. The fact they just did the $1B bond deal tells you they are [in deep trouble].
    True, the impact lasts even longer and is often associated with death. Except where there is extreme bloat, a severe cutting of employees comes back to haunt with lost development, service, or both being sacrificed. As for BB, don’t discount the fact that legacy devices/services still have a better current return than OS10 products …
    QNX yes, BB10 -- jury is out. None of the promises regarding the advantages of QNX on a phone -- efficient, reliable, easier updates, longer batter -- have come true. There is no telling what crap lies above QNX to make up BB10. ….
    Rumor is that the Jury was heard laughing at the defense’s case….but is being respectful not to return an immediate verdict.
    I'm not calling Thor a visionary. He was handed all the tools needed to get to this point. When QNX was picked up, the majority of the company had to know there was a big change coming. The two codebases weren't compatible. Massive layoffs weren't a possibility, they were a necessity. Why maintain a massive legacy staff? Anyone who says otherwise is quite stupid. Thor [built the team] and Chen [will be taking over Thor’s wisdom]... [blah, blah, blah]
    It might be wiser not to curb legacy support before OS10 has replaced it as the new revenue champion, let alone can be seen as a new profit maker!!! So “Stupid” might be a little strong under these circumstances. In fact, most would argue that Chen is getting the short stick: Weaker fundamentals, new product lines DOA, 0% of the smart phone marketplace (i.e., exc BB legacy) , and nothing significant in the BB pipeline. (Surely this poster is related to, or worked for, Thors !! You’re splitting hairs, move on.)
    BB10 is less than a year old. Do you honestly expect to reliably project the future of a platform before it's even been in the market for a year? TH's crew just projected higher sales for the first year, basing their assumptions on the sell through of the old BBOS platform. This turned around and bit them in the a$$. If they started with the assumption that brand new platforms only sell 6 million phones in the first year, they'd be doing fine right now.
    Now, hey, you’re doing this on purpose?! Right? … BB would have been laughed out of the marketplace (much earlier) had they proposed selling only 6mm spread over 4 OS10 model phones: BB needed (NEEDS) closer to 20mm per annum (now) w/adequate pricing to secure any semblance of financial stability and a future. Equally, to have projected 6mm, the analysts would have butchered the stock (to near current levels) and written off BB going into 2013 instead of giving mgmt. promises a temporary credibility until June. And, yes absolutely, BB had a requirement to accurately predict (at least the floor/minimum) for OS10 or risk an early 2013 failure and sale—where BB stands today anyway. Remember the half-life of a phone is only about 12mths….And, you only get one chance with that small window to introduce.

Given all the data we have about BBRY? Yes. Even at the most basic level, you have to acknowledge that the launch of your most recent flagship on fewer carriers and with no real marketing spend is a sign of going backwards not forward. A platform that is ramping would see increased interest in its newest phones not decreasing. Let's put it this way, what percentage of Z10 sales do you expect the Z30 to make? 10%? 50%? 150%?
    Exactly, and that percentage cannot (historically) go over 100% and even under the best circumstances would/will not likely even approach 35%.
    About losses, of course anybody that had a paper profit and lost it has suffered losses…. if a stock is at a low like BB it is safe [fact] to say just about everybody (longs and we are longs here) suffered losses. Lets be clear about that...you can't say oh i didn't sell so it is not a loss yet, it will recover one day. … The current price determines where you are.
    Don’t be shy, everyone holding (long) has a loss: No exceptions. [bracketed above are my corrections]. BB is for day to day penny stock trading strategists from here out … except, of course, for institutional holders that also are not holding for the fundamentals but we’ve covered that elsewhere in other posts/forums.
    Sorry but there are so few people who are even interested in Blackberry anymore. The Z30 is only being looked at by a few of the few remaining Blackberry users.
    Another one of those classic understatements: Rounded, there is no one (0%) interested in OS10 phones and day traders for its stocks. A deep hole indeed.
    Just bought some shares $6.18 as it seems the stock price is very cheap right now. I like BBM and when you see $3-4B offers on snapchat blackberry is just a steal with all its cash plus all it's other assets. Only bought half of what I wanted to buy and will wait and see how it goes before adding.
    The good news is that the stock is “very cheap.” The bad news is you’re taking snapchat too seriously. This has always been a $4-5 stock, as projected, w/o credible sales of OS10 phones…. Now, the longer BB goes without liquidation (internal or otherwise), the less value remains from legacy cash streams and cash reserves. NO FREE CASH FLOWS TODAY NOR ON THE FORESEEABLE HORIZON!! Capiche!!
    Brave man. I also did something brave today. Did not sell my bitcoins.
    Sarcasm can be a most effective communication tool. Hope that this comment isn’t lost on too many.
    Closed at $6.16 for a 566-week low. It's just too bad TA wasn't much help in giving any sort of warning that this could happen. Such a chart would have been real useful.
    Huh, PLEASE, sorry but you're speaking like a Freshman? Truly amazing after June and August BB financials confirmed what we knew. After seeing no phones on the street and, even in this very positive CB BB forum, posters overwhelming report no OS10 phones (especially outside of Canada), investors want(ed) to somehow make something positive from a chart. Everything, absolutely everything has been forecast and is following form—except perhaps that OS10 sales were even worse than even Thor’s nightmares.

BTW, this $6 should be considered an all-time low … One hasn’t made money if you’ve been holding since BB was last under $6 … albeit the IRS may disagree. If you need explanation on this point (before the IRS comment), then I should hope that you have monthly income from a nice trust fund. Now, imagine if we get a once again, long overdue, market correction …

Let's keep proper perspective: I want my OS10 system to continue to evolve. But, as per the share price, Day Trading and Lottery Money is the only game in town here…. There’s some meat left on the bones but the carcass has been pecked at for a few years now.
    Last edited by M65c02; 11-19-13 at 07:46 AM.
    cgk, notfanboy and techvisor like this.
    11-19-13 07:12 AM
    Hi M8

What do you think is BlackBerry 's plan to monetize BBM-X and how voice and video will help to grow EPS?

Sorry if this has been answered before but I've been way from this thread for a bit.

Thanks
    Hi sparkaction!!

It starts with voice and video and grows from there. They can virtually integrate the platform through their Balance feature. If you are a business, you have full blown BBM-X in Balance, it's protected and can't be confused with personal communication. Companies would like to see this feature to assure them that business is business. Then there's partnering with others, BBM should be embedded with LinkedIn, the two should be sharing all communications through BBM-X. You take that group alone, and their subs, and add them to BBM-X for Enterprise. Finally, introduce Channels for LinkedIn and build the Enterprise value of businesses from all over the world. Every single LinkedIn sub and their company should be developing a Channel. When the dust clears, you have BBM-X for Enterprise embedded in every single working person's phone. With a paying Enterprise group of over 1 Billion, BlackBerry would trade above $ 100 all day. They need to get Voice, Video and Channels intergrated ASAP.

If they could capture the entire business communications/eco-system using Channels and BBM-X for Balance (Re:BB 10 phones) and all those who work, BlackBerry would rival Google in size today. No one has the Enterprise market captured this way. The social aspsect is still there for the taking but it is low margin and crowded already. No one is tackling business the way it needs to be looked at in this global market we have today.
    Last edited by morganplus8; 11-19-13 at 08:40 AM.
    Corbu, plasmid_boy, snejpa and 9 others like this.
    11-19-13 08:17 AM
    Hi sparkaction!!

It starts with voice and video and grows from there. They can virtually integrate the platform through their Balance feature. If you are a business, you have full blown BBM-X in Balance, it's protected and can't be confused with personal communication. Companies would like to see this feature to assure them that business is business. Then there's partnering with others, BBM should be embedded with LinkedIn, the two should be sharing all communications through BBM-X. You take that group alone, and their subs, and add them to BBM-X for Enterprise. Finally, introduce Channels for LinkedIn and build the Enterprise value of businesses from all over the world. Every single LinkedIn sub and their company should be delevoping a Channel. When the dust clears, you have BBM-X for Enterprise embedded in every single working person's phone. With a paying Enterprise group of over 1 Billion, BlackBerry would trade above $ 100 all day. They need to get Voice, Video and Channels intergrated ASAP.
    I like the idea of linking up BBM with LinkedIn.
    I only have a few BBM friends, but I have hundreds of LinkedIn contacts. If this happens, I will shut down my lab's website and replace it with BBM Channel on LinkedIn.
    11-19-13 08:39 AM
    Hi sparkaction!!

It starts with voice and video and grows from there. They can virtually integrate the platform through their Balance feature. If you are a business, you have full blown BBM-X in Balance, it's protected and can't be confused with personal communication. Companies would like to see this feature to assure them that business is business. Then there's partnering with others, BBM should be embedded with LinkedIn, the two should be sharing all communications through BBM-X. You take that group alone, and their subs, and add them to BBM-X for Enterprise. Finally, introduce Channels for LinkedIn and build the Enterprise value of businesses from all over the world. Every single LinkedIn sub and their company should be delevoping a Channel. When the dust clears, you have BBM-X for Enterprise embedded in every single working person's phone. With a paying Enterprise group of over 1 Billion, BlackBerry would trade above $ 100 all day. They need to get Voice, Video and Channels intergrated ASAP.

If they could capture the entire business communications/eco-system using Channels and BBM-X for Balance (Re:BB 10 phones) and all those who work, BlackBerry would rival Google in size today. No one has the Enterprise market captured this way. The social aspsect is still there for the taking but it is low margin and crowded already. No one is tackling business the way it needs to be looked at in this global market we have today.
    Sounds like a great dream....

Just need the Balance feature in iOS and Android to work.
    Just need BlackBerry to get BBM to work without causing problems or killing battery (maybe yesterdays update?).
    Just need BlackBerry to get Voice and Video for iOS and Android released.
    Just need BlackBerry to get BBM-X release on Windows 8 so that it is truly cross platform and works on desktops.
    Just need LinkedIn to buy BlackBerry.... why would they want to partner when they could buy them cheap.
    Just need to figure out how to get people to try BBM again and to stick with it this time.
    Just need Enterprise to come back to BES10. Magic Quadrant for Mobile Device Management Software
    11-19-13 08:40 AM
    Once again Chen is letting the SP drop on low low volume because they are silent
    11-19-13 08:41 AM
    Once again Chen is letting the SP drop on low low volume because they are silent
    Why would he want the SP To drop?

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 08:53 AM
    Why would he want the SP To drop?

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry has treated there shareholders like crap this past year. Just letting the share price slide into hell on no new after no news. Its called a PR team Get one BB
    11-19-13 08:56 AM

Tail order - leaving aside all of the other competitor, if you are an o365 house, then you already have a comms client - lync - federates with skype, built into wp8, has clients for desktop, ios and Android - we use it extensively in my org and it's growing quarter on quarter by about 30%, revenue is already $1 billion (from what I remember from the last results).

Nobody is standing still for BBRY to take them over.

Sounds like a great dream....

Just need the Balance feature in iOS and Android to work.
    Just need BlackBerry to get BBM to work without causing problems or killing battery (maybe yesterdays update?).
    Just need BlackBerry to get Voice and Video for iOS and Android released.
    Just need BlackBerry to get BBM-X release on Windows 8 so that it is truly cross platform and works on desktops.
    Just need LinkedIn to buy BlackBerry.... why would they want to partner when they could buy them cheap.
    Just need to figure out how to get people to try BBM again and to stick with it this time.
    Just need Enterprise to come back to BES10. Magic Quadrant for Mobile Device Management Software
    Needs every other competitor to go to bed.
    11-19-13 08:56 AM
    I like the idea of linking up BBM with LinkedIn.
    I only have a few BBM friends, but I have hundreds of LinkedIn contacts. If this happens, I will shut down my lab's website and replace it with BBM Channel on LinkedIn.
    That's just one example, the logical thing to do is sub-categorize it so that Healthcare is one sector and so on. You can't expect FB or Twitter or any other platform to capture Enterprise this way. Only BBM is capable of going into business/enterprise in a secure way and capturing the entire market. They need partners who bring something to the table, FB might help them with some aspect of the social market but the real money lies in Enterprise where companies are willing to take the next step in getting their message out there, i.e., we all have Web traffic but everyone could use a mobile centric Channels Group that is secure, and you can control who uses it or not. Now setup Groups and it so much easier to build on consumers and business interest and "not" rely on Google to get your products and message out there. On top of all this, you have direct to consumer communication without looking at someones twitter message which won't allow one on one private "business talk". We should be able to access BlackBerry via channels on a business level, this should be available to everyone around the world that wants to give value-added information to BB. Yahoo, Google, you name it, none of these companies can communicate at higher tier levels with their staff and consumers alike. If you think this is too bulky, think Justin B and his 50 million crazed followers, this dope has no problem keeping up with his fanbase.

So let's take this one step further, say Pinterest is a popular site, the Website base and data field are already there, it needs to be integrated into BBM-X and Channels now, it wouldn't take much and then they have another venue to get their mesaage out there in a non-website based way. Deeper communication levels and better traffic data. I can see all kinds of companies going for a partnership with BB and BBM-X, like Amazon.

Here is an example, you want to buy a toaster, you Google toasters, you come up with 39 toasters at Amazon, you go there and see what others have bought, click, read their reviews, see if that toaster is available to you and possibly make a purchase. This has been the method of shopping forever now. The problem with this method is that it is so one dimentional. You hope the reviews aren't canned, you hope the product is okay and that's it! No communication is in place to "tip" your decision. Companies need a way to "tip" the consumer in the direction of their product and so far, there is nothing but an old un-trustworthy method of buying things on the Net.

Is there nothing more disturbing than reading Alex at BB on Twitter? We have BBM!!!! What the heck is he doing promoting another line of communication? He needs to be BB first and I know it takes time to do this but ...................... if he feels the need to use Twitter, he should see that BlackBerry is missing out on a great opportunity here.

Anyone who wants to communicate with BB should be doing it on BBM. BlackBerry needs to spin off this great asset and let it grow. In the future, we should be hearing or reading all things BlackBerry via BBM-X or Channels, not another platform. BlackBerry would have premium services over any other phone out there today. That's the connection between the two. And I don't mean voice of video! LOL
    plasmid_boy, Corbu, sidhuk and 8 others like this.
    11-19-13 09:13 AM
    And what should he say?
    11-19-13 09:19 AM
113,256 ... 22062207220822092210 ...