View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    BB needs to revamp their marketing ASAP. I haven't heard much now from them on TV or any other adds, some online, but that is about it. Then again, maybe they are focusing on other aspects of business right now since their phones have been out for a while (well, in technology terms).
    11-18-13 03:14 PM
    1. I'm going to repeat myself here, but it's been a frustrating few weeks for me regarding BlackBerry. I've now had the chance to show the Z10 to at least twelve different people lately (I'm now running 10.2.1), all of whom have legacy BlackBerries, or were once BlackBerry users. The overall response:

- Enthusiasm for the OS and its capabilities
    - Genuine surprise: they had NO idea the new BlackBerry was completely rewritten
    - The government users were like, "that'll be cool to have... in three years"

People here in the U.S. STILL associate BlackBerry with the legacy devices. It is beyond frustrating to know that BlackBerry fumbled the marketing this badly. So, again, the company should get the written off Z10s into the hands of users at the local and federal levels, and the corporate world. And the Z30s.

No one who has seen the phone has laughed at it, or said it sucked. One woman said, in a huff, "they made it like an iPhone!"... thinking that BlackBerry had copied iOS7. But she didn't dismiss it.

2. BBM needs to go on the desktop. I recently helped set up a training session, and the client wanted others to view it remotely over video stream. Problem: the training location had no cabled or wifi internet service. I had cell service at the site, so I floated the idea of streaming the training via a BBM video chat between my Z10 and a Q10 in their office, hooked into a monitor. Would have worked great... except the client didn't want to devote a monitor entirely to the training. We used my Z10 to Skype the training to their PC. It worked, but Skype and the Z10 did not play well together... wonky.

So I was aggravated that BBM is not yet a desktop conference and communication tool. There are two things BlackBerry has going for it in the States... its reputation for security, and the reputation of BBM. I think desktop BBM would be something corporate users would readily try if they knew about it (and using PINs to connect to users on their phones? Fantastic... no messing around with searching for someone in Skype).
    11-18-13 03:18 PM
    Brave man. I also did something brave today. Did not sell my bitcoins.
    Just bought some shares $6.18 as it seems the stock price is very cheap right now. I like BBM and when you see $3-4B offers on snapchat blackberry is just a steal with all its cash plus all it's other assets. Only bought half of what I wanted to buy and will wait and see how it goes before adding.
    11-18-13 03:26 PM
    All I care about is Morgan & whether he's still on board. That and Kid's lens on his Z10 which I hope is fixed by now .. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Hi _dimi_ !!!

Don't worry, I'm all in this one, I'm buying more down here while we wait to hear from Chen. I'm giving a longer term perspective on this one, I want to see them launch BBM-X voice and video and right size the business so that they build phones that are in demand and tighten inventory. This all takes time so I don't really watch it on a short term basis. Doesn't mean I'm not following it or this thread! GL
    11-18-13 03:27 PM
    Just bought some shares $6.18 as it seems the stock price is very cheap right now. I like BBM and when you see $3-4B offers on snapchat blackberry is just a steal with all its cash plus all it's other assets. Only bought half of what I wanted to buy and will wait and see how it goes before adding.
    $BBRY : slow motion is safe motion, for "us"
    11-18-13 03:30 PM
    BB needs to revamp their marketing ASAP. I haven't heard much now from them on TV or any other adds, some online, but that is about it. Then again, maybe they are focusing on other aspects of business right now since their phones have been out for a while (well, in technology terms).
    Starting little ... http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...france-875239/
    zyben, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    11-18-13 03:31 PM
    Hi _dimi_ !!!

Don't worry, I'm all in this one, I'm buying more down here while we wait to hear from Chen. I'm giving a longer term perspective on this one, I want to see them launch BBM-X voice and video and right size the business so that they build phones that are in demand and tighten inventory. This all takes time so I don't really watch it on a short term basis. Doesn't mean I'm not following it or this thread! GL
    Good to hear from you, Morgan. I hope, you are well. Still holding tightly here.
    11-18-13 03:31 PM
    First of all, you need to post a "party picture" from one of your trips when you post here, that's an order ............

Secondly, they increased their marketing effort by 50% for Q2 and that burned a ton of cash, they need to cut back on that figure by 50% minimum so that they can reserve the cash to pay for CORE. If they do this in Q3, we should have some surprising results. It's not as if that bloated budget was going to sell any more phones anyway. Let's hope they held back $ 400 million for Q3 and our cash on hand pops.
    11-18-13 03:32 PM
    It looks like BB is using all thoses z10's as incentive. My friend just heard that Loblaws was just given thousands of z10's for there employees
    11-18-13 03:35 PM
    Closed at $6.16 for a 566-week low. It's just too bad TA wasn't much help in giving any sort of warning that this could happen. Such a chart would have been real useful.
    Gesig Boek, techvisor, cgk and 2 others like this.
    11-18-13 03:56 PM
    Hi _dimi_ !!!

Hi M8

What do you think is BlackBerry 's plan to monetize BBM-X and how voice and video will help to grow EPS?

Sorry if this has been answered before but I've been way from this thread for a bit.

Thanks
    11-18-13 04:06 PM
    BlackBerry's were there today to record the moment as Canada's gift to late night tv provided more ammo for SNL, The Daily Show, Colbert Report etc.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackford.jpg
    11-18-13 04:57 PM
    Closed at $6.16 for a 566-week low. It's just too bad TA wasn't much help in giving any sort of warning that this could happen. Such a chart would have been real useful.
    basic tech analysis says the trend is down as long as you get lower lows and lower highs and to the opposite with higher highs and higher lows you are in an uptrend. so, take out a chart identify the highs and the lows and just connect the dots and your chart will have done its job...just don't be lazy and wait for others to do your homework for you...
    11-18-13 05:01 PM
    It looks like BB is using all thoses z10's as incentive. My friend just heard that Loblaws was just given thousands of z10's for there employees
    Saw a presidents choice commercial the other day, and it featured a Q10. I think its safe to say, they are supporters
    11-18-13 05:12 PM
    hello darkness my old friend...

the death spiral continues and accelerates.

A big drop today and more are in the making. We'll probably see $0 much faster than the many "kamikaze investors" here try to make believe.

Prem Watsa will make his money off the debris, while shareholders will realize that the light at the end of the tunnel was indeed an oncoming train.

massive write-downs for the Q5, Q10 and Z30 just coming your way.

BBRY makes good headway towards oblivion with a nice -4% drop today.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-18-13 05:17 PM
    hello darkness my old friend...
    Hmm, that's too bad. Hope you will find a better friend soon!?

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, morganplus8, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    11-18-13 05:23 PM
    As we have no news to read, we might make some stats about current contributors, their view and th device they sport. How insightful this might be ?

Well, maybe some are frustrated they left the RIMpire ...

But I'll fetch Leila in my dreams ... may tell you 2morrow, gang !
    11-18-13 05:48 PM
    Hmm, that's too bad. Hope you will find a better friend soon!?

Posted via CB10
    He needs a new friend, he won't be back here
    zyben, rarsen, bungaboy and 12 others like this.
    11-18-13 05:52 PM
    One Branta's a day keeps my mood ok !
    P.S: but don't abuse of it, it's a-bit-strong !

nite all
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-18-13 06:05 PM
    Thanks Branta. But these types re-surface in different shapes, sizes and formats. THAT makes a lot of extra work for you guys.

We DO appreciate your efforts in here. Thanks again.
    11-18-13 06:53 PM
    I wonder how many people here thought..... if only I bought back at $6.22 when it was shooting up toward 18. It seems so much is in flux, and there's no sound way to evaluate. [disclosure: no position; just find bbry interesting]
    11-18-13 06:57 PM
    I wonder how many people here thought..... if only I bought back at $6.22 when it was shooting up toward 18. It seems so much is in flux, and there's no sound way to evaluate. [disclosure: no position; just find bbry interesting]
    2. There were two. Buddy what's his name and the other fella.

From my Z30 via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    11-18-13 07:27 PM
    basic tech analysis says the trend is down as long as you get lower lows and lower highs and to the opposite with higher highs and higher lows you are in an uptrend. so, take out a chart identify the highs and the lows and just connect the dots and your chart will have done its job...just don't be lazy and wait for others to do your homework for you...
    Mea culpa - yes I'm lazy. I suppose I had been spoiled by the charts that used to be so generously provided here on a daily basis. I must admit I have no experience in connecting the dots myself as you described.

My experience with TA charts has been all in this thread, and my casual reading here has taught me that BBRY TA charts (almost) always foretell a bullish trend. Perhaps that's why we hardly see a chart these days? Because BBRY charts only break in the up direction?
    11-18-13 08:09 PM
    I'm no TA expert, but I've been looking at charts every few days for the last few weeks, and what I saw kept me from buying in yet. During that time it's gone from around CAD $8.50 to $6.42.

Seems pretty useful to me...

A year ago in September I bought in at $6.34 without any TA. Unfortunately I didn't sell close to $18 when I should have. I actually wanted to, and a couple of times I "just missed" my target, because I'd set it arbitrarily and wasn't watching the TA charts. Then I set an arbitrary target lower and "just missed" it and didn't sell, etc. I'm certain if I'd been using TA I would have sold a large chunk of my holdings at just under $18. That would have been useful too.

I think the difference is that I've listened to the stories from those who actually understand this stuff, and understood from them the core point that TA is not really about predicting what the stock will do tomorrow or the next week, but rather about helping you find your entry or exit point.

For the record, I said in another forum a few weeks back that my arbitrary target to buy more was CAD$6.50, which we're now under. I don't watch this stuff daily, though, so I guess it's time to try some of my amateurish TA again to help decide if I want back in now.

Say, when's that ER coming again?
    11-18-13 08:22 PM
    Chen's compensation package took a hit today. He might have to stop using the corporate jet and start flying economy.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 08:22 PM
113,256 ... 22052206220722082209 ...