View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Thats pure BS. I'm fed up being "insulted" or called a liar. Enough.
    Read OP, make a collection of my posts, contextualize them and write that again ? Serioulsy ????

I'm here on a daily basis from the beginning; that's 1011 days, with probably more posts here alone than your whole CB count and never promoted anything but prudence and low levels of investment. And if you try to relate the $100 party to back you up, don't forget to find my early posts about it and the time frame & prerequisites I associated to it.
    I'm so long - like I have always been - that my term doesn't even exists on traders scales.

Holly cow, get out my sandbox

/shout, feel better now.

Superfly, I have no doubt that you know what you are doing and that you are a FAN and are LONG on BBRY. Your Body of Work is impressive! And you have been very cautious at time.

Did not mean to give "insult".
    11-18-13 12:05 PM
    Was thinking maybe a good buy soon? If someone can correct me if I'm wrong but last time BlackBerry was trading at these levels they only had $2.1 b in cash vs $2.6 today with a huge tax return in the works? That and bbm is worth the sp and more. What am I missing? It seems the company is trading for free. Any input would be great. Really thinking of buying. Looks low risk reward. What would be a good entry point or could buying options be the better strategy?
    Analysts discount cash to zero because it is assumed BBRY will burn through it.
    fedakd likes this.
    11-18-13 12:11 PM
    Was thinking maybe a good buy soon? If someone can correct me if I'm wrong but last time BlackBerry was trading at these levels they only had $2.1 b in cash vs $2.6 today with a huge tax return in the works? That and bbm is worth the sp and more. What am I missing? It seems the company is trading for free. Any input would be great. Really thinking of buying. Looks low risk reward. What would be a good entry point or could buying options be the better strategy?

Posted via CB10
    It might be, but I would say only invest money you can afford and count on losing. Cash will go down and counting on the tax refund is like buying stuff on a credit card to get points or miles or cash back. Nice if you get it but ....You may be pleasantly surprised but BBRY is only for speculative money and has always been that way since I joined this thread. Chances of BBRY hitting 5 and 1 are MUCH great in my estimation than BBBY ever seeing 50 or $100. I'd stay away form options, ask me how I know.....
    fedakd likes this.
    11-18-13 12:14 PM
    I think BBRY was in a unique position earlier where they had to release something that might not have been fully the equivalent of the competiton, in some respects.
    That being said, it was better in a lot of other respects, like Balance and security.
    Problem is, BGR is interested more in apps than security and separation of work and pleasure profiles.
    Now, they continue to catch up in other areas.
    Chen now has to make a MM tour and push the long term viability of BBRY and emphasize that there are other verticals other than handsets which, when matured, will drive BBRY's revenue stream.
    georg4BB and fedakd like this.
    11-18-13 12:14 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Not sure if you're missing something, but sure have to read this (isn't that a great oportunity to print it, again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again ...)

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

If you're not used to deal with stocks, the following should be your starting point.

1. This is real money. Your money. There's no tryouts nor refunds.
    2. You must establish what is your capacity before entering the game. Set it and keep it as an absolute limit (you can add later, depending on your revenues profile). Generally, something like 15% of your currently available and free cash is a reasonable amount. Do not speculate with money you don't own in full (credit). If you lose, don't rely on things like "averaging down" or "buy on dips" unless you have additional cash that fits with this rule.
    3. Stay calm. Looking at the stock on a day basis is hard for your nerves. Either good or bad, fluctuations can happen very fast.
    4. We are a drop in the bucket, even those of us with 100s K $ in the game are nothing if we compare to the global cap (count in $K Billions)
    5. Those playing "against" you have more power, more money and know how the market can react. You don't. Do not use "everyday" logic here. This "game" has its own rules and it takes a while to understand/accept them.
    6. One possible approach is to play "long" (counting in years), this particular approach is the one I suggested when starting this thread back in Feb 2011. I personally stick to this approach, as it appears to be somehow the most adapted for rookies like us, engaging tiny amounts and with very limited skills. Be careful about fees/taxes you may have to pay for each transaction: they can ruin your gains easily.
    7. Please be aware that if you consider investing in stocks, mixing different companies and types of investments (ex : safe, aggressive, short term, long term) is highly recommended.
    8. Last but not least : stay humble and prudent.
    OMGitworks and bungaboy like this.
    11-18-13 12:16 PM
    A refresher course on the Thread Title.
    No "****"
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-18-13 12:19 PM
    Hey Antoine....I think you should stop wasting your time with some of these people....remember BlackBerry is "Dead".
    11-18-13 12:24 PM
    Analysts discount cash to zero because it is assumed BBRY will burn through it.
    And why is it assumed to be the case? Analysts are only looking at handset sales and percentages of the market. They are not taking into account that the market itself is exploding in size or that BlackBerry is reducing its employee count in order to make it more viable with less handset sales.
    They look at what they want to look at.
    zyben likes this.
    11-18-13 12:24 PM
    And why is it assumed to be the case? Analysts are only looking at handset sales and percentages of the market. They are not taking into account that the market itself is exploding in size or that BlackBerry is reducing its employee count in order to make it more viable with less handset sales.
    They look at what they want to look at.
    It is the case, because it true. Getting rid of employees actually costs more money than paying them for a quarter or 2. Severance, paying accrued time, unemployment, etc. I guarantee they look at # of handsets sold, market share, market size, ASP and a bunch of other metrics. They may well get it wrong, and BBRY forces them to make a boatload of assumptions, but I think it's universally accepted that BBRY is going to be burning some cash these next few quarters. The fact they just did the $1B bond deal tells you they are burning cash.
    fedakd likes this.
    11-18-13 12:32 PM

Superfly, I have no doubt that you know what you are doing and that you are a FAN and are LONG on BBRY. Your Body of Work is impressive! And you have been very cautious at time.

Did not mean to give "insult".
    Sorry about my shout. Was heart/heat driven.
    "Insult" was quoted in purpose. Just wanted to keep it exactly as I - and probably some more here- felt. Quotes were meant to soften it somehow.
    I wasn't targeting you in particular either; I must say I didn't even noticed who sent that or what was his history.

The craziest thing is that I've not read anyone of those who suffered real losses, blaming anyone for that.
    It's sometimes amazing to see how one can take others' dismisses as their own.

There's indeed people here with what I call massive investments (compared to my "highest" reasonable 1K) and they are dealing with tools, skills and techniques that are their own. We have no idea how they did perform with all the roller coaster the stock has been threw.
    I believe those "aware" investors know how to cover themselves and play dips and highs, puts and calls, options or whatever.
    They don't even have to disclose it. More, I believe many didn't disclose it because it could do more harm than good if you don't have enough amplitude to carry the extra risk.
    I could have sell when the stock was in the $16-$18 range and make a comfortable return (something in the 25% net return). My banker even called me to alert about it saying "Holly cow, you did a fantastic operation !!! Couldn't believe it ! What's your sell stop ?". Guess my answer.
    Should I have ?
    Yes, if the thread topic was "earn money with BBRY, fast and dirty".

But that's the exact opposite of what the spirit of this particular thread is.
    Call me a dreamer, a fanatic, a fool or whatever, I'm just buying some RIM shares right now.
    While I think it can't really hurt me and I may have a delicious surprise in,say, 5 years, I'm not doing this in a speculative vision, just a support action.
    Stupid, heart driven, nonsense ?
    Maybe.
    Just me, my vision, my support and my bet.
    Nothing more. And will never be otherwise.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-18-13 at 02:14 PM.
    rarsen, Randeman and bondary like this.
    11-18-13 12:44 PM
    QNX yes, BB10 -- jury is out.

None of the promises regarding the advantages of QNX on a phone -- efficient, reliable, easier updates, longer batter -- have come true. There is no telling what crap lies above QNX to make up BB10.

I was the biggest TH critic -- but have come to realize he only did what was expected of him -- cut, cut, cut and focus on BB10. He was not hired to be a visionary. The issue goes back to the original purchase of QNX, isolating the QNX team from the main company (creating a schism, resentment, and rendering your majority of your workforce obsolete), then losing time for the playbook... Then going with TH to finish the job. I think all this lies in Mike L's hands.

Ironically, you can also argue it was Mike L that bought PW in to -- again arguably -- steal the company and now start from square one!

Because you say it like it's already gone.

No new platform has appeared on the market and had a massive instant adoption, especially the mobile platform. These things take time to mature.

Apple only sold 6 million iPhones in its first year selling them, without the media treating them like a constant 'also-ran'.

It's the longterm prospects that are the real issue.

I'm saying that from here into eternity, the QNX codebase will be easier to update and secure than iOS, Android, or Windows Phone. Every time a new software feature that will be universally adopted is developed, BBRY has the potential to be faster to the market than the rest.

I still believe in their longterm prospects, which are mostly due to TH's watch.
    11-18-13 12:55 PM
    QNX yes, BB10 -- jury is out.

None of the promises regarding the advantages of QNX on a phone -- efficient, reliable, easier updates, longer batter -- have come true. There is no telling what crap lies above QNX to make up BB10.

I was the biggest TH critic -- but have come to realize he only did what was expected of him -- cut, cut, cut and focus on BB10. He was not hired to be a visionary. The issue goes back to the original purchase of QNX, isolating the QNX team from the main company (creating a schism, resentment, and rendering your majority of your workforce obsolete), then losing time for the playbook... Then going with TH to finish the job. I think all this lies in Mike L's hands.

Ironically, you can also argue it was Mike L that bought PW in to -- again arguably -- steal the company and now start from square one!
    I'm not calling Thor a visionary. He was handed all the tools needed to get to this point.

When QNX was picked up, the majority of the company had to know there was a big change coming. The two codebases weren't compatible. Massive layoffs weren't a possibility, they were a necessity. Why maintain a massive legacy staff? Anyone who says otherwise is quite stupid. Thor was just the guy who had to do it. Chen gets handed the leaner company with the better fundamentals, a 1 billion dollar infusion, an evolving product that already has already seen 3 devices released as well as a stockpile of giveaways for promotional use.

BB10 is less than a year old. Do you honestly expect to reliably project the future of a platform before it's even been in the market for a year?

TH's crew just projected higher sales for the first year, basing their assumptions on the sell through of the old BBOS platform. This turned around and bit them in the a$$.

If they started with the assumption that brand new platforms only sell 6 million phones in the first year, they'd be doing fine right now.
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-18-13 01:17 PM

BB10 is less than a year old. Do you honestly expect to reliably project the future of a platform before it's even been in the market for a year?
    Given all the data we have about BBRY? Yes. Even at the most basic level, you have to acknowledge that the launch of your most recent flagship on fewer carriers and with no real marketing spend is a sign of going backwards not forward. A platform that is ramping would see increased interest in its newest phones not decreasing.

Let's put it this way, what percentage of Z10 sales do you expect the Z30 to make? 10%? 50%? 150%?
    chr1sny and techvisor like this.
    11-18-13 01:25 PM
    But he failed on three - there is absolutely no evidence Heins was a stopgap CEO, none.
    Failed miserably.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-18-13 01:33 PM
    about losses, of course anybody that had a paper profit and lost it has suffered losses, it is hard to get around of that. if a stock is at a low like BB it is safe to say just about everybody(longs and we are longs here) suffered losses. lets be clear about that...you can't say oh i didn't sell so it is not a loss yet, it will recover one day. that is not the way to look at it. the current price determines where you are.
    chr1sny and techvisor like this.
    11-18-13 01:44 PM
    An interview with BB India CIOL about BB's cloud services:

BlackBerry Evolving To Extend Scope Of Enterprise Offerings |
    Superfly_FR, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    11-18-13 01:54 PM
    All I care about is Morgan & whether he's still on board. That and Kid's lens on his Z10 which I hope is fixed by now .. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 02:06 PM
    Regarding Chen. I like what he said. All the pieces are there. And with the pieces something can be done .

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    11-18-13 02:10 PM
    Please rename this thread to " I support BBRY, and I am stuck with shares" thank you lol
    11-18-13 02:18 PM
    Regarding Chen. I like what he said. All the pieces are there. And with the pieces something can be done .

Posted via CB10
    Back on Drive. Make it QNX powered Mercedes "AMG" While at it.
    Please.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-gbmercedes.jpg
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-18-13 02:24 PM
    Given all the data we have about BBRY? Yes. Even at the most basic level, you have to acknowledge that the launch of your most recent flagship on fewer carriers and with no real marketing spend is a sign of going backwards not forward. A platform that is ramping would see increased interest in its newest phones not decreasing.

Let's put it this way, what percentage of Z10 sales do you expect the Z30 to make? 10%? 50%? 150%?
    Sorry but there are so few people who are even interested in Blackberry anymore. The Z30 is only being looked at by a few of the few remaining Blackberry users.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-18-13 02:46 PM
    Sorry but there are so few people who are even interested in Blackberry anymore. The Z30 is only being looked at by a few of the few remaining Blackberry users.
    Chen needs one hell of a plan.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086547) and techvisor like this.
    11-18-13 02:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Agreed and the TH silent treatment is not going to work
    anon(4086547) and techvisor like this.
    11-18-13 03:04 PM
    Just bought some shares $6.18 as it seems the stock price is very cheap right now. I like BBM and when you see $3-4B offers on snapchat blackberry is just a steal with all its cash plus all it's other assets. Only bought half of what I wanted to buy and will wait and see how it goes before adding.
    11-18-13 03:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Give a Z30 to the most visible celebrities and successful people.

Posted via CB10
    Reed Richards and bungaboy like this.
    11-18-13 03:10 PM
113,256 ... 22042205220622072208 ...