View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    But he failed on three - there is absolutely no evidence Heins was a stopgap CEO, none.
    1/2 was not for Heins. (edited, obviously, sry)
    2/3 is for Chen.

Enterprise is not about facts one can throw ignoring the humans. IMHO, Heins' mission (the hand he had to play and not dealt) was to push out BB10/BES10 and the problem was - as it has always been in recent history of BB - nothing was near to ready and every step beyond was followed by a circle back. Sorting that mess out alone was a huge challenge. Add the restructuring and now you have someone most in the company will love no more and fear more than respect. Heins has been used as much as it was possible. Then burned, after his last kick of the donkey; the massive post-CORE dry cleaning.
    And you believe he could be the one who would still be able to motivate and rally company's forces ?
    Nah. Burned. Next. And he was aware of that on day 1.

Humans matter, perception matters, leadership matters, morale matters.
    By "punishing" (to public eyes, don't be fooled, Heins' probably hired elsewhere and his golden parachute wasn't hazardous) him out, the BOD made that psychological shock which makes it possible again.

The ones we don't talk about are often the more decisive. I don't know who's dealing with Human Resources ... but believe me, he's not a chicken of the year, either.
    sidhuk, bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    11-18-13 10:40 AM
    Said it before and I'll say it again...BlackBerry does not have to be a monumental consumer success to be a profitable niche player.

SaaS, NOC, xBBM...(cough BUY Sierra wireless cough) all laser focused to business/ Gov.... QNX for the consumer aspect/M2M

They have six quarters of cash...get to work.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 10:54 AM
    A refresher course on the Thread Title.
    Becuase that has worked so well for both BlackBerry and those that chose to "support" them by buying shares.

Don't fool yourselves, this became I think BlackBerry will go to $30+ and I want to make money from investing in their stock. Now you have the same posters trying to convince others that they weren't wrong and that there is still hope. Or that this has all been part of some master turn around plan.

What is sad is how much real money that was lost in this one thread.
    11-18-13 10:54 AM
    If he didn't succeed with $2.6Bill in 22 months, I'm quite comfident Chen won't either with $4Bill (minus $1Bill 6yrs debenture).
    The above is false (now I check every figures, to avoid misleading comments or revisionism)
    Should be :
    If he didn't succeed with $1.5Bill in 22 months, I'm quite comfident Chen won't either with $4Bill (minus $1Bill 6yrs debenture).

So, Chen has :
    1. Products and services to sell
    2. Company workforce (and associated costs) lowered by 7,500 (3K CORE+ 4.5K last plan) (is that almost 50% ?)
    3. 2.5 times the cash in hands

If Chen fails, don't blame Heins. His hand is way better than Thor's was. And a few market share % doesn't change much this POV.

"We have a strong balance sheet with approximately $1.5 billion in cash at the end of the last quarter and negligible debt"
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    11-18-13 10:57 AM

You keep saying that...how much money was lost, please share.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-18-13 10:59 AM
    You keep saying that...how much money was lost, please share.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry I'll admit that I don't really know how much has been lost. I don't know if all the post from people claiming to have lost $30K, $50K or $100K are real or not. And I surly haven't kept a running total of those post.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-18-13 11:10 AM
    Becuase that has worked so well for both BlackBerry and those that chose to "support" them by buying shares.

Don't fool yourselves, this became I think BlackBerry will go to $30+ and I want to make money from investing in their stock. Now you have the same posters trying to convince others that they weren't wrong and that there is still hope. Or that this has all been part of some master turn around plan.

Thats pure BS. I'm fed up being "insulted" or called a liar. Enough.
    Read OP, make a collection of my posts, contextualize them and write that again ? Serioulsy ????

I'm here on a daily basis from the beginning; that's 1011 days, with probably more posts here alone than your whole CB count and never promoted anything but prudence and low levels of investment. And if you try to relate the $100 party to back you up, don't forget to find my early posts about it and the time frame & prerequisites I associated to it.
    I'm so long - like I have always been - that my term doesn't even exists on traders scales.

Holly cow, get out my sandbox

/shout, feel better now.
    11-18-13 11:11 AM
    Sorry I'll admit that I don't really know how much has been lost. I don't know if all the post from people claiming to have lost $30K, $50K or $100K are real or not. And I surly haven't kept a running total of those post.
    I wonder how much market cap was lost on Apple in the past 12 months?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 11:13 AM
    Moving back to the business at hand - I see we have hit a 52 week low.
    11-18-13 11:16 AM
    Buying opportunity.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 11:17 AM
    I wonder how much market cap was lost on Apple in the past 12 months?
    Less than one percent. 0.79% to be precise.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-18-13 11:18 AM
    Buying opportunity.

Posted via CB10
    I could be wrong, in addition to being a 52 week low, isn't it also an all-time low?
    11-18-13 11:20 AM
    Less than one percent. 0.79% to be precise.
    Um...was over 700.00 now floating in the mid fives...

The point is markets move...if BlackBerry announces some new widget that the market thinks will be a success watch it move.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    11-18-13 11:26 AM

The point is markets move...if BlackBerry announces some new widget that the market thinks will be a success watch it move.

Posted via CB10
    Any sign of that?
    11-18-13 11:26 AM

Um, no. You asked "I wonder how much market cap was lost on Apple in the past 12 months?" Then answer is "less than 1%"

I could be wrong, in addition to being a 52 week low, isn't it also an all-time low?
    Not an all time low. Back in 2002 when RIM had only pagers, the stock was lower. But today is a ten year low at any rate..
    anon(4086547) and techvisor like this.
    11-18-13 11:28 AM
    You are wrong.
    11-18-13 11:29 AM
    This SILENCE IS KILLING ....Them
    11-18-13 11:30 AM
    Um, no. You asked "I wonder how much market cap was lost on Apple in the past 12 months?" Then answer is "less than 1%"

Not an all time low. Back in 2002 when RIM had only pagers, the stock was lower. But today is a ten year low at any rate..
    Sorry bout that...should have said 15 months.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 11:31 AM
    Buying opportunity.

Posted via CB10
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    morganplus8 and georg4BB like this.
    11-18-13 11:33 AM
    http://rss.berryreview.com/~r/Berryr...3/wfChzTPdxDk/

Creative Users Working on Getting Google Apps (Gmail, etc) on BlackBerry 10.2.1
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-18-13 11:34 AM
    Thanks for this. Next time use a different hightlighter. I had to put my face up to my monitor to read the yellow on the right side

I am not happy about the money I lost but I still enjoy reading this thread. Today is less enjoyable though. A whole lot more hate and a lot less analysis and constructive discussion for sure.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	394 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	222027
    11-18-13 11:43 AM
    Here is the point we are never going to agree on - you think Bb10 is a work in progress, I think it has failed and is no longer viable as evidenced by carrier sales and the way the carrier relationships are falling to pieces - so even if he did manage to get bb10 to market - so what?
    Because you say it like it's already gone.

No new platform has appeared on the market and had a massive instant adoption, especially the mobile platform. These things take time to mature.

Apple only sold 6 million iPhones in its first year selling them, without the media treating them like a constant 'also-ran'.

It's the longterm prospects that are the real issue.

I'm saying that from here into eternity, the QNX codebase will be easier to update and secure than iOS, Android, or Windows Phone. Every time a new software feature that will be universally adopted is developed, BBRY has the potential to be faster to the market than the rest.

I still believe in their longterm prospects, which are mostly due to TH's watch.
    11-18-13 11:59 AM
    Agree...going to take some time and hard work. Hope they pull it off.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Superfly_FR and rarsen like this.
    11-18-13 12:01 PM
    Was thinking maybe a good buy soon? If someone can correct me if I'm wrong but last time BlackBerry was trading at these levels they only had $2.1 b in cash vs $2.6 today with a huge tax return in the works? That and bbm is worth the sp and more. What am I missing? It seems the company is trading for free. Any input would be great. Really thinking of buying. Looks low risk reward. What would be a good entry point or could buying options be the better strategy?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    11-18-13 12:01 PM
    Back in the barnyard and the lips are still flapping. Of course I am referring to . . . .

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-foghorn-lineage.jpg
    11-18-13 12:03 PM
113,256 ... 22032204220522062207 ...