View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    It is pretty sad that you guys are trying to paint a developer as a bad guy because he wants to control how his IPR is used.
    I must have missed something.
    Who is painting developer as a bad guy?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    11-14-13 06:00 AM
    Can you elaborate about this ? I'm even more lost.
    Is that some kind of embargo or revenge or just for the principle ?
    If this feeling is strong enough, I believe 2-3 lines of code will prevent an app to run/install for a given environment or platform.
    Please elaborate, as I feel it today as something pointed against BlackBerry, not IP related.
    My English may have distorted your thoughts ?
    We'll have to add that check with a blacklist if BB does this, which is unfortunate. And not completely effective, because someone will just distribute an older version of our apk

The reason is that the app won't work completely as we intended, and we are not prepared to support it. At this point we would much rather have our small number of BB10 users visit the mobile website, which we can properly support if those users call in. That's better for them and for us.

Again, Chen has enough experience in our field that I hope he will understand that they need to honor the commitment they made to us on this. I've asked for a letter to be sent to BlackBerry as a reminder.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-14-13 06:47 AM
    What I find interesting is the zero bounce following all the decent news the last while...a year ago we would have trended up 15-20 percent. Guess this is where we stay until Mr. Chen convinces the market otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 08:34 AM
    BBM Coming to Wi-Fi Only iPads and iPod Touch Devices Within 24 Hours? http://www.berryreview.com/2013/11/1...thin-24-hours/
    rarsen, bungaboy, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    11-14-13 08:37 AM
    BBM Coming to Wi-Fi Only iPads and iPod Touch Devices Within 24 Hours? BBM Coming to Wi-Fi Only iPads and iPod Touch Devices Within 24 Hours? - BerryReview
    I thought it worked on Wif-Fi iPads before? My kids have been using on their iPads for a while.
    jfguay2 likes this.
    11-14-13 08:40 AM
    I thought it worked on Wif-Fi iPads before? My kids have been using on their iPads for a while.

That is iPhone download that is being used on iPad. This is specifically designed for iPads wifi. I guess
    bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    11-14-13 08:50 AM
    We'll have to add that check with a blacklist if BB does this, which is unfortunate. And not completely effective, because someone will just distribute an older version of our apk

The reason is that the app won't work completely as we intended, and we are not prepared to support it. At this point we would much rather have our small number of BB10 users visit the mobile website, which we can properly support if those users call in. That's better for them and for us.

Again, Chen has enough experience in our field that I hope he will understand that they need to honor the commitment they made to us on this. I've asked for a letter to be sent to BlackBerry as a reminder.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Glad you understood my question the same way it was intended.
    Can perfectly understand this POV, err, I do agree (see my above post).
    Thanks for clarifying it out.
    11-14-13 08:56 AM
    GREEN...
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 09:01 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

Granted its only #10 but it's better than not being listed at all. Yahoo home page
    11-14-13 09:03 AM
    Just got an email from Verizon "The BlackBerry Z30 Has Arrived".

- Called AT&T to inquire about them carrying the Z30. If they won't, I will switch to Verizon.
    - Operator/rep did not see in her system.
    - Moved up the chain of command.
    - Confirmed AT&T will carry the Z30. But no indication of when it will be. Operator/rep personally suggested that it might be around the holiday season.
    - I said that I have been with AT&T for a long time and like the service, so I am willing to wait, but not for too long.

Hope that this is helpful to anyone here that uses AT&T.
    11-14-13 09:05 AM
    BlackBerry is doing incredibly well �*in Africa http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ell-in-africa/
    11-14-13 09:25 AM
    BlackBerry is doing incredibly well �*in Africa http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ell-in-africa/
    But not so well in India.....

http://toi.in/WcaFRb
    11-14-13 09:42 AM
    But not so well in India.....

http://toi.in/WcaFRb
    And blackberry denying that. LOL.
    " BlackBerry, on the other hand, refused to divulge the volumes, but said retail volumes (sold by dealers in the market) are higher than IDC-discovered wholesale numbers. "This data is factually incorrect. BlackBerry does not break our overall sales numbers by country, but we can confirm that our sell-out was significantly higher than the number quoted by you"
    11-14-13 09:51 AM
    not sure if this has been posted: BBM reportedly coming to the WiFi-only iPad ‘within 24 hours’

BBM reportedly coming to the WiFi-only iPad 'within 24-hours' | MobileSyrup.com
    bungaboy and Greened like this.
    11-14-13 10:00 AM
    That is iPhone download that is being used on iPad. This is specifically designed for iPads wifi. I guess
    Edit :
    Lol. Blackberry says it is not designed for iPad but it will work on the wifi devices. Wtf.
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    11-14-13 10:00 AM
    What I find interesting is the zero bounce following all the decent news the last while...a year ago we would have trended up 15-20 percent. Guess this is where we stay until Mr. Chen convinces the market otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    I guess the market is in wait and see mode - now it is not enough to say "this company is in turn around" and have a couple of press releases about bb10 adoption, now the market wants solid evidence of a new strategy that is working.
    11-14-13 10:16 AM
    I guess the market is in wait and see mode - now it is not enough to say "this company is in turn around" and have a couple of press releases about bb10 adoption, now the market wants solid evidence of a new strategy that is working.
    "chat �chaud� craint l'eau froide" (since there's no hot news, it gives you time to translate, I'll collect copies within 5 minutes. A virtual beer for the best answer - rightest or funniest !)
    And it worse for both bulls and bears ... even shorts.
    11-14-13 11:14 AM
    "chat �chaud� craint l'eau froide" (since there's no hot news, it gives you time to translate, I'll collect copies within 5 minutes. A virtual beer for the best answer - rightest or funniest !)

I lived in Belgique for a period of time and my french is rusty and I speak it with an odd accent but I get your point... and I agree with it.
    11-14-13 11:22 AM
    I'm not coming over for dinner anytime soon.
    app_Developer and bungaboy like this.
    11-14-13 11:30 AM
    I'm not coming over for dinner anytime soon.
    Have you ever tried?
    I did on a trip overseas, but I didn't know if it was cat for sure.
    Randeman and bungaboy like this.
    11-14-13 12:32 PM
    People who frequently suffer disappointment are unwilling to let themselves in for more of it.... Et voil�!
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    11-14-13 12:36 PM
    How do you know?
    What if the cat is in a desert. Hot and dehydrated. It finds a puddle of water and jumps in, but doesn't help because the fur insulting it from the water. You come along, remove it's fur. Now, it chilling out in the cool water puddle. So, yeah, a skinned cat doesn't necessarily need to be afraid of cool water. LOL
    Shanerredflag, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    11-14-13 12:39 PM
    I had a few thoughts about the design and intention of the Z10. Did Blackberry always have a backup plan for this device in that they knew it might not sell well. Build a bunch and then right-off the inventory and get a very large tax credit....and seed!

The reason I pose this question is that the other devices being released by BlackBerry are vastly different visually, they bear no real resemblance to the Z10. The Z30, Q5 and possibly the Z5 all follow the same design and feel of a BlackBerry. The Q10 would be a natural progression from the 9900.

As BlackBerry wrote-off the Z10 does anybody know if they are actually manufacturing this unit anymore, one would think not?

Just some food for thought.
    11-14-13 01:19 PM
    I had a few thoughts about the design and intention of the Z10. Did Blackberry always have a backup plan for this device in that they knew it might not sell well. Build a bunch and then right-off the inventory and get a very large tax credit....and seed!

The reason I pose this question is that the other devices being released by BlackBerry are vastly different visually, they bear no real resemblance to the Z10. The Z30, Q5 and possibly the Z5 all follow the same design and feel of a BlackBerry. The Q10 would be a natural progression from the 9900.

As BlackBerry wrote-off the Z10 does anybody know if they are actually manufacturing this unit anymore, one would think not?

Just some food for thought.
    This idea was floated when the Touchpad bombed - any board who has a plan of "then when we write it down..." should be sacked... it's only credible if they spend a lot of time with the Mayor of toronto.
    barnfoot likes this.
    11-14-13 01:30 PM
    This idea was floated when the Touchpad bombed - any board who has a plan of "then when we write it down..." should be sacked... it's only credible if they spend a lot of time with the Mayor of toronto.
    Well TH was sacked......he must know Rob very well then.
    sidhuk, plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    11-14-13 01:33 PM
113,251 ... 21962197219821992200 ...