View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Also as worded it is a cumulative total and could include an organisation that installed it, ran it for an hour and turned it off. The only real metric is currently live operational servers and they ain't giving that number out.
    11-13-13 08:59 AM
    Also as worded it is a cumulative total and could include an organisation that installed it, ran it for an hour and turned it off. The only real metric is currently live operational servers and they ain't giving that number out.
    For good reason, between the price reductions on licenses, the doublespeak and falling revenue numbers it apparent that BES 10 is not being adopted as it needs to be. If it was we would be getting pronouncements of # of paying licenses or active servers.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    11-13-13 09:17 AM
    As before, including those just testing: "More than 25,000 BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 commercial and test servers have been installed globally."
    Let's hope at least 15,000 of them are just about finished testing and ready to proceed with implementation.
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-13-13 09:34 AM
    Updated: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Leak Points To Flickr, SkyDrive, & SmugMug Connectors Coming Soon http://www.berryreview.com/2013/11/1...s-coming-soon/
    11-13-13 09:42 AM
    Cmdr Chris Hadfield drops a BlackBerry vs iPad remark to Joe Rogan during Religion/Cult rant.

- JRE #414 - Cmdr. Chris Hadfield - YouTube

Sorry the time is 57m 54s, CrackBerry is making the link embedded.
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-13-13 09:45 AM
    I agree that if BES 10 was being installed commercially at a good clip (commercially, not in test mode) we would probably hear about it. However, I do believe long term there could be many installs. Even without all the recent events that would cause a business to worry about adopting BB10/BES10, businesses were always going to take their time anyways. As much as some of the recent circus involving Prem/Mike/vultures? has been frustrating, BB may have the time it needs to settle into BES10 licensing with Prem's deal.

Last night I was at dinner with some friends. One of them mentioned that he is upgrading his work blackberry. He is being "forced" into a Q10 soon (his words). I told him he may not like it during the first 5 minutes, but let me know how you feel day 2. These business upgrades will take some time yet.

On the other side, my boss/employer upgraded to the Q10 recently (took his old blackberry for a swim at the cottage). He doesn't pay any attention to BB news or BBRY, he just knows that he is getting a new BB device (I couldn't talk him into Z10). He was happy with it at first but it starting to get really frustrated with the apps he is missing (I heard cursing and instagram in the same sentence - his kids won't be going BB10 yet). I am hearing the same kind of thing from our clients. However, I am noticing that the owners of all of our clients still default to BB. Regardless of how hard we were hit on the lack of HW sales, apps do matter a great deal.

My boss also took his Q10 for a swim. It survived unscathed.

I am holding my 3500 shares.
    11-13-13 09:46 AM
    11-13-13 09:47 AM
    Also as worded it is a cumulative total and could include an organisation that installed it, ran it for an hour and turned it off.
    I believe the article was about 3 major German corporations have upgraded to BES10. It is good news regardless if it is significant or not.
    The side note about 25K installed/testing is also likely to be a fact and that's a significant number, so good news.

Possibility of an organization turned it off after running for only an hour is simply a speculation and highly unlikely to occur (I would fire that CIO if he works for me).

The only real metric is currently live operational servers and they ain't giving that number out.

No, not really. 3 major corps switching to BES10 is a real metric. Though I do agree that the total number of live servers would be more revealing of BES10 adoption rate.
    11-13-13 09:49 AM
    How is a new handset next march highly unlikely?
    1. Decreasing of carrier support
    2. Decreasing of enterprise demand
    3. Fear of additional expensive inventory write-downs for unsold devices
    4. Likely shift away emphasis on handset business
    5. High cost of hardware development, manufacturing, marketing, distribution when spread over far fewer devices sold makes it very difficult for Blackberry to project a profit on a new device. Can they even expect to sell 500K a quarter?
    11-13-13 09:50 AM
    OT: Anyone else think IAG/IMG is a good deal right now?
    11-13-13 09:51 AM
    Damn, I guess, Mike L. is letting the dilution to happen.

Hi Morgan; what are your thoughts?

Thank you.
    11-13-13 10:01 AM
    Lemonade from lemon...

Would Prem had put down the additional $250 mil of he didn't believe that the SP will go over $10?
    What did he know that we don't?
    What was the information that convinced the banks to drop their $ millions?

Just trying to see if us small fishes might get some crumbs from the shark feasts.
    Corbu, sidhuk, Randeman and 10 others like this.
    11-13-13 10:15 AM
    There goes the "No debt" line from the playbook.
    Wonder if the next quarterly report will be forthcoming and discuss subscriber counts, devices sales (not shipments) and cash on hand.
    11-13-13 10:23 AM
    Lemonade from lemon...

Would Prem had put down the additional $250 mil of he didn't believe that the SP will go over $10?
    What did he know that we don't?
    What was the information that convinced the banks to drop their $ millions?

Just trying to see if us small fishes might get some crumbs from the shark feasts.
    As I already mentioned, I'm indirectly buying more BlackBerry because I own lots of Manulife (MFC) and they obtained 70 million of this deal. They also are putting their investment into at least three (I believe) of their mutual funds - probably some of those that I own too.

On a separate note, I just ordered some Z10 accessories from Crackberry and was pleased to discover a "Free" selection. Turns out they were giving away a free car charger, so I got one of those, too. Don't know how many they are providing or whether anyone needs one...
    11-13-13 10:39 AM
    John S. Chen, BlackBerry�s CEO, Writes an Open Message to the BlackBerry Community http://www.berryreview.com/2013/11/1...rry-community/
    11-13-13 10:48 AM
    Damn, I guess, Mike L. is letting the dilution to happen.

Hi Morgan; what are your thoughts?

Thank you.
    Hi JLagoon,

For me, this is disappointing, not so much that Prem is still around, but the simple fact that they didn't need the money. They had plenty of resources to turn to, down the road here. If those bonds were offered as financing on tap, that would have worked for me. In addition, the dilution is bad as all of those shares will come back to temper the price of the stock. Now if Chen can make some moves that work in BB's favour, a 20% dilution isn't hard to over come. You just need more institutions believing in the future of BBRY and those shares are held in strong hands again. We still haven't heard from Mike L and company, are they planning on making a move after the deal goes through? Funny thing is, you can buy shares all day down here at $ 6.50/shr, that's quite a discount to the strike on those bonds. He has plenty of movement here without disturbing those bonds at all.

As I have always stated, I care much more about BB's products, we need to see BBM-X with voice and video and a partnership would be something that should have flowed out of all of those negotiations. Companies like AAPL/CSCO/MSFT could always just step in and buy the whole thing one day too. We'll see, there is plenty of time to see someone step up here as the Prem breakup fee and the bond issue breakup fees are eccentually the same thing, no surprise there! As you can see, interest in the stock doesn't matter either way. Let's get all of this behind us soon so we can hear good news about BBM-X take-up! GL
    Corbu, Randeman, sidhuk and 8 others like this.
    11-13-13 10:49 AM
    John S. Chen, BlackBerry’s CEO, Writes an Open Message to the BlackBerry Community John S. Chen, BlackBerry's CEO, Writes an Open Message to the BlackBerry Community - BerryReview
    Which doesn't mention bb10 and has a line about device strategy that could mean "Boyd" is the only game in time.
    11-13-13 11:02 AM
    On the consumer front, you can't compete with this pricing on entry level devices.

Motorola announces the $179 Moto G, a lot of smartphone for not a lot of money | The Verge
    Corbu likes this.
    11-13-13 11:22 AM
    I, for one, welcome our new overlords... ( )
    11-13-13 11:23 AM
    John S. Chen, BlackBerry’s CEO, Writes an Open Message to the BlackBerry Community John S. Chen, BlackBerry's CEO, Writes an Open Message to the BlackBerry Community - BerryReview
    I think in pictures, so this is what I see from the message (for what it's worth):
    Chen standing on the edge of a cliff holding onto a customer's hand who is dangling over empty space below his feet. Chen looks at the customer in the eyes and said 'I am standing on firm ground, I will get you out, I won't let go!'.

I thought it was a pretty effective message...LOL
    11-13-13 11:27 AM
    I vote for plasmid to be the creative designer....where the hell is this singer i've never heard from

I think in pictures, so this is what I see from the message (for what it's worth):
    Chen standing on the edge of a cliff holding onto a customer's hand who is dangling over empty space below his feet. Chen looks at the customer in the eyes and said 'I am standing on firm ground, I will get you out, I won't let go!'.

I thought it was a pretty effective message...LOL
    11-13-13 11:37 AM
    I vote for plasmid to be the creative designer....where the hell is this singer i've never heard from
    Pretty sure Plasmid Boy can sing too.
    11-13-13 11:44 AM
    A far more important question is can Chen and Prem dance?
    Randeman likes this.
    11-13-13 12:18 PM
    LOL...
    People often asked me "is there anything that you can't do?" I gave the same answer every time "I can't sing!"
    11-13-13 12:34 PM
    So is it your opinion that Chen can be "The Voice" of reason for BlackBerry when it comes to the media and investors?

We have Prem onboard again, he is an expert in insurance right? Can't he insure that BlackBerry will succeed and if they fail, we all can make a claim for $ 10 billion bucks? I say we insure the company and burn it down.
    11-13-13 12:38 PM
113,251 ... 21932194219521962197 ...