View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Any one else thinking there might be a some sort of deal done between Amazon and BBRY , Amazon did try to buy them for 40 a share back in 2011.
    I think they are leaking this information as leverage in GOOG negotations. Open up the play store and we'll give you a BIG cut, else we will go with Amazon Android store or Samsung App store and give them a cut....?
    11-12-13 01:31 PM
    Is that a joke ?
    #IloveAmerica ... sometimes
    The problem with that is that BB would on purpose misrepresent the situation. And then i guess BB purchased $1 bln Z10's just to be able to fool the share holders? The sad truth is BB got taken by surprise. Still remember the complaints early on that people could not get their Z10's in time.
    What happens is One buyer starts calling say Ten outlets and creating a demand that seems many times the real demand. If BB then scheduled to increase production based on this inflated demand, then you get yourself a $1bln Z10 inventory...
    11-12-13 01:36 PM
    This provides no leverage, the numbers are simply too small - you guys need to stop leap from fantasy to fantasy. Yesterday you were all convinced that google play was coming and buying shares off the back of that and now you see a secret deal with amazon.
    11-12-13 01:36 PM
    Kinda annoyed by this half-arsed approach if they still continue to negotiate for Google Play availability, even though they made the statement. Either convert the whole OS to Android with a BlackBerry skin or continue down the road with BlackBerry 10. This middle ground approach is leading them to nowhere.

Android apps were supposed to be a stop gap measure for the app debate on BB10. Strategy was to get the big apps on Android, have the millions of users download these apps and subsquently, devs will see the mass interest and develop native ones. Neither happened.
    11-12-13 01:58 PM
    I think they are leaking this information as leverage in GOOG negotations. Open up the play store and we'll give you a BIG cut, else we will go with Amazon Android store or Samsung App store and give them a cut....?
    Do you really think BBRY has ANY leverage with Google? Google isn't going to waste time with BBRY unless they get a monsterous cut, and even then it may not be worth their time and effort.
    leafs123 and anon(4086547) like this.
    11-12-13 01:58 PM
    Do you really think BBRY has ANY leverage with Google? Google isn't going to waste time with BBRY unless they get a monsterous cut, and even then it may not be worth their time and effort.
    Additionally, Google doesn't make the money off apps, they make money of the services. If they saw the BB10 ecosystem lucrative enough, they would make those Google apps available. I remember Sundar Pichai, Android head guy, saying at the All Things D conference that if there were enough users on both BB10 and WP8, those apps would become available in each platform.
    11-12-13 02:01 PM
    Broadly speaking it takes about a million to make a grade A app from start to finish. That is going rate for venture cap investment funds. Here is a million lets see what your app can do. I don't see why the top 15 apps can't be ported to BBRY at some cost that would be fairly trivial to a company that has billions in bank. Sure google won't play with BBRY. I get that. But if BBRY agrees to fund development of the top apps fully, I would think iOS agnostic developers will jump on board.

Remember Apple takes 30% off the top for app developers. They have to be reading the writing on the wall that apple is going to soon have the only customers who are willing to pay for apps. Do app developers want to be in same situation record companies are with iTunes? Android doesn't work. Asia won't pay for apps on android because they pirate over there. So it doesn't matter how much market share they get there. App developers can't make money selling to android users in china. So they need to get behind BBRY before it is too late.
    You don't think they tried?
    11-12-13 02:12 PM
    I remember Sundar Pichai, Android head guy, saying at the All Things D conference that if there were enough users on both BB10 and WP8, those apps would become available in each platform.
    Given that there are around 40 million Windows Phone users I think thats a bit of a lie. Maybe 100 million is the magic number, but given that Google has not made anything of note for Windows 8, with more than 150 million installs, I dont think thats the answer either.
    11-12-13 02:25 PM
    OT**

MORGAN! Please take a look at $SRPT. They dropped over 65% today ridiculous!! would love to get your insight on this one

edit: VNDA on the other hand up 96% ahh! i was looking into that one just a few days ago..this is crazy
    Last edited by jmehta22; 11-12-13 at 02:45 PM.
    11-12-13 02:32 PM
    At the very least there has been alot more news about bbry in the past week then there has been in over a month
    11-12-13 02:34 PM
    Given that there are around 40 million Windows Phone users I think thats a bit of a lie. Maybe 100 million is the magic number, but given that Google has not made anything of note for Windows 8, with more than 150 million installs, I dont think thats the answer either.
    It could also be that Google and Microsoft don't play nice together in the sandbox.
    11-12-13 02:37 PM
    It could also be that Google and Microsoft don't play nice together in the sandbox.
    Apple and Google don't play nice either (Steve Jobs openly said he wanted to destroy Android, or something to that effect?), but Google services are available on iOS.
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-12-13 02:43 PM
    This provides no leverage, the numbers are simply too small - you guys need to stop leap from fantasy to fantasy. Yesterday you were all convinced that google play was coming and buying shares off the back of that and now you see a secret deal with amazon.
    Say ... it might be something possible.
    The main point of the leak was that apk can get installed witout sideloading.
    Now, we need a decent source (no way I go in the wild to DL a random app).
    Did some encouraging testing; but the post that excited me the most is not OP (while really exciting lol) ... more likely #4

Leak noob playing with 10.2.1.1055 - Running Amazon App Store - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    11-12-13 02:43 PM
    Apple and Google don't play nice either (Steve Jobs openly said he wanted to destroy Android, or something to that effect?), but Google services are available on iOS.
    ... destroy Google, actually, I believe.
    11-12-13 02:46 PM
    OT**

MORGAN! Please take a look at $SRPT. They dropped over 65% today ridiculous!! would love to get your insight on this one

edit: VNDA on the other hand up 96% ahh! i was looking into that one just a few days ago..this is crazy
    Sorry, not going to say too much as this is the BBRY board. I think you know what has happened to both of them. The FDA turned down approval for SRPT and a lawsuit was launched and the other looks like a small cap that is very promising indeed. Are these investments enough fun for ya? GL
    Randeman likes this.
    11-12-13 03:16 PM
    Say ... it might be something possible.
    The main point of the leak was that apk can get installed witout sideloading.
    Now, we need a decent source (no way I go in the wild to DL a random app).
    Did some encouraging testing; but the post that excited me the most is not OP (while really exciting lol) ... more likely #4

Leak noob playing with 10.2.1.1055 - Running Amazon App Store - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

That will be important to current hardcore fans who long for more apps but will mean all of nothing to anyone else, nobody will know or care because BBRY seems to put less than a $1.50 into marketing, advertising and carrier incentives - at best it shows BBRY is weak and parasitic as an ecosystem and worst it will kill off any lingering developer support - this is not good news... unless you are a mooch.

The only two signs of importance (in regards to hardware) has nothing to do with the OS itself or apps - they are:

1) Evidence of renewed carrier support back by billions in cash - unlikely
    2) A new handset next march - highly unlikely.

We need to see one or both of those to provide any real evidence that the company believes itself it has a future in hardware.
    Last edited by cgk; 11-12-13 at 03:35 PM.
    Corbu and m1a1mg like this.
    11-12-13 03:18 PM
    How is a new handset next march highly unlikely?
    11-12-13 04:33 PM
    11-12-13 05:02 PM
    At the very least there has been alot more news about bbry in the past week then there has been in over a month
    Meanwhile . . . . . back on the ranch . . . . . . the SP flatlines. LoL
    11-12-13 05:06 PM
    From another CB thread: more speculation fuel...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...6/#post9529327

Let's hope for the best.
    11-12-13 06:22 PM
    11-12-13 07:11 PM
    OT: But relevant to us Canucks.

The Government's wireless policy for greater competition

Canada's Wireless Policy: More choice. Lower prices. Better service. - Industry Canada
    11-12-13 07:26 PM
    Now what ... ?
    Google Play Store Whitelisted In New OS 10.2.1 Leak as BlackBerry Denies Plans - BerryReview

MoneyToo over at CrackBerry forums found that the Android runtime from the latest OS 10.2.1.1055 leak no longer blacklists the Google Play Store (billing service identified by com.android.vending.billing.MarketBillingService.B IND was blacklisted). MoneyToo found that here is now a whitelist of Google Play Store allowing the “com.android.vending” extension signed with Google release keys. This whitelisting potentially allows the app the required privileges for “ALLOWED_IN_APP_BILLING & ALLOWED_SYSTEM_PRIV.” In other words these permissions give the Google Play Store app system privileges to install and update apps on the device among other things. This all hinges on the Google Play Services working too but I have been hearing that there are ways around that for now.
    11-13-13 03:29 AM
    11-13-13 08:11 AM
    As before, including those just testing: "More than 25,000 BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 commercial and test servers have been installed globally."
    bungaboy, rarsen, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    11-13-13 08:27 AM
113,250 ... 21922193219421952196 ...