View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The way he sat back and deep sixed all competing offers in the end and then picked up the scraps to put together his new, improved bond deal is disgusting. That the Board let him do it is even worse. He played them badly and they fell for it and turned over the company at 6% and the conversion, you would think he was negotiating with amateurs the way he got it all. JMHO....
    Not sure I understand all the subtilities of this.
    If the BOD agreed, there should be an advantage somewhere or no other option available.
    If not, the BOD may have extended the bid period to match the *supposed* Mike&Co offering.
    Other offers were apparently only for "parts of BlackBerry", not the whole.

I believe there's something not related with the stock here.
    Thought it might be google play thing; seems it's not.

My strong partnership therory may then make sense.
    Say a big player wants to partner: they'd surely prefer the stock to be public with the ability to counter-act any takeover action.

... my 2 cents.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    11-12-13 02:18 AM
    Superfly_Fr,
    I just read your editorial on SA, and found it very interesting. What do expect regarding further inventory write-downs or 'future' commitments towards suppliers?
    I like to believe that the past events had been carefully planned, but would that vision still make sense if they were to incur more losses due to uncareful planning?
    Posted via CB10
    Hi dimi and thanks for reading it!
    That's a tough question as we're in the black for figures.
    I *think* previous write down was sized big enough to absorb further deceptive sales. There too, we don't know witch proportion of BB10 devices (Z10/Q10) have been written down.
    The suppliers commitments seems to be pretty high already (is that ~ $1Bil ?) not sure they can do something about it, unless one of those suppliers play a new role in BlackBerry's supply chain (as building the devices). Again, we don't know exactly what the restructuring plan is in details. That is certainly a point to monitor very closely

I'm not sure it's obvious in my blog entry, so that I'll state it here : "carefully planned" should be read "with suitable reactivity". I don't believe they planned the initial Z10 mitigated launch, but they knew pretty fast - despite all the comments they made soon after launch - it won't be as good as anticipated. No one can blame Heins for his "commercial lie" about sales at launch; in a sheep world, it's omitting to do it that would have been a failure.
    bungaboy, sidhuk and _dimi_ like this.
    11-12-13 02:31 AM
    I think he was, in many ways, negotiating with amateurs. And for that reason, I think it's better that the end result is a major reorganization, and with him as Lead Director.

You can't really argue effectively both that Watsa is really adept in these areas and also that you would prefer having the old board still in control. I'm more disgusted by what the old board did than by any of Watsa's actions here... I'm not pleased with all of what he's done, but I'm pretty optimistic about Chen and Watsa's probably the only reason he's there now.

Anyway, I'm willing to give it some time to work. At least a couple more weeks. ;-)
    I agree that his new CEO and Board will be better for BBRY. What we had was obviously not working. What we will be left to speculate is whether any of the other deals would have come together and if those deals would have been better for shareholders (I think yes) and the survival of BBRY (I think yes as I doubt BBRY can survive more than 2-3 years now). If Chen can turn it all around then it was a win/win. I hope, but doubt that is going to happen. Looks like he has 5-6Q's to pull it off, but I think if they haven't turned the corner in the next 3Q's then BBRY will be done. There is a perception, at least in the US (consumer) that BBRY is toast. I hope the US businesses and government don't share that perception as I think BBRY needs the US government and Fortune 500 companies to buy hardware and services for BBRY to survive as a viable and relevant player.

For me, he clearly played and abused the BoD. That they fell for it and found themselves held hostage at the final turn is pretty sad. JMHO.....
    11-12-13 05:40 AM
    Not sure I understand all the subtilities of this.
    If the BOD agreed, there should be an advantage somewhere or no other option available.
    If not, the BOD may have extended the bid period to match the *supposed* Mike&Co offering.
    Other offers were apparently only for "parts of BlackBerry", not the whole.

I believe there's something not related with the stock here.
    Thought it might be google play thing; seems it's not.

My strong partnership therory may then make sense.
    Say a big player wants to partner: they'd surely prefer the stock to be public with the ability to counter-act any takeover action.

... my 2 cents.
    I think Prem was just smarter and put them in the position where he got them to reject all reasonable, potential possibilities and his one sided plan was the only option at the end. Why else would they end it all so abruptly and cut Mike and Qualcom and others out and shut them all off? The 6% rate and conversion feature and break up fee are all the sign of a one sided negotiation. Either they gave the store away, had no choice or BBRY is in worse shape than we all think.

Big players don't mind privately held companies. Those deals are faster and cheaper to put together so I don't think that was it, but that is just my 2 cents.
    silversun10, Corbu and Superfly_FR like this.
    11-12-13 05:49 AM
    I do not think it is inaccurate, but may be incomplete. Exchanges are reporting short interest, and also providing it to FINRA . FINRA publishes it daily. I am not sure from where short analytics pulls the data, but you can review it from FINRA here November 2013 Reg SHO Daily Files
    Could be. Perhaps what's more telling is the short ratios. Take 11/4 for example. It is clear that more than 1/2 of the overall volume were short.

NASDAQ: 28721521/54167733 = ~53%
    Date|Symbol|ShortVolume|ShortExemptVolume|TotalVol ume|Market
    20131104|BBRY|28721521|6247308|54167733|Q

NYSE: 2560049/6285354 = ~40%
    Date|Symbol|ShortVolume|ShortExemptVolume|TotalVol ume|Market
    20131104|BBRY|2560049|72375|6285354|N

Short Analytics: 35731431/69142588 = ~52%
    11-12-13 06:40 AM
    OT

hey Morgan, while we wait for halo to keep exploding, what are you thoughts on these pharma stocks: CHTP and POZN? thanks in advance
    11-12-13 07:29 AM
    OT

hey Morgan, while we wait for halo to keep exploding, what are you thoughts on these pharma stocks: CHTP and POZN? thanks in advance
    POZN meets my criteria of having tons of cash at $ 3.00/shr but not much else. They are too boring to be true on the pipeline front but all of this could change over the next twelve months. I would trade it within a range of $ 4.50 to $ 6.00/shr with drug stocks and biotechs under pressure right now, you can buy it below $ 5.00/shr. It's not my kind of investment until they broaden their pipeline. Keep an eye on this one for something new.

Looking at CHTP, it's not something I would look at, cash run is high, they need to re-submit an NDA in Q1 next year and have a year's worth of cash left. There is nothing I can see worth investing in here, an old drug, reformulated, while these can have positive outcomes, (see ACAD), I would not want to invest in a company that is relying on it's ATM to finance it's future. I'd pass on this one, despite the fact that someone is buying up the stock, as I don't see anything positive here. It might be a case where a Fund thinks they can submit a successful NDA in February but the PDUFA date will end around the time they are out of cash. I wouldn't risk any money on a hail mary like this one based upon the information available today. GL
    11-12-13 08:09 AM
    I wonder if there's any way BlackBerry can help the victims in the Philippines.. I know they've showed support after the Tsunami hit. I think they should.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I am really hoping that they do. Communication appears to be a major problem there right now, they might be able to help with that?
    11-12-13 08:29 AM
    Well this Gorn just got blasted with mining materials conveniently scattered around the country side. Looks like I'll be backing up the truck and paying an offloading fee to get my shares back early tomorrow morning. Sorry folks but no apps means kaput - once again. Oh well, why am I surprised. I'm investing on rumors. Back into solar city I go.
    You might want to check this out first?

You may soon be able to load an APK on BlackBerry 10, right from the File Manager or Browser | CrackBerry.com

Not a GooglePlay store, but effectively achieves the same results.
    11-12-13 08:32 AM

You may soon be able to load an APK on BlackBerry 10, right from the File Manager or Browser | CrackBerry.com

After how much I got my hopes up regarding the Google Play rumors, I refuse to believe anything else until I see it on my Q10.

I'll settle for an official statement from BB. I have lost almost all of my faith in management (and have no faith in new management until they prove me wrong), nothing to do now but sit and wait. It sucks that a company with such an excellent OS and hardware can continue to **** things up the way they have.

/rant.
    11-12-13 09:07 AM
    After how much I got my hopes up regarding the Google Play rumors, I refuse to believe anything else until I see it on my Q10.

I'll settle for an official statement from BB. I have lost almost all of my faith in management (and have no faith in new management until they prove me wrong), nothing to do now but sit and wait. It sucks that a company with such an excellent OS and hardware can continue to **** things up the way they have.

/rant.
    I feel the same way.
    I usually like to be in control, roll up my sleeves when there are problems. So, you can imagine how frustrating this is for me.
    11-12-13 09:18 AM

I saw the article late last night and decided to sleep in and not sell my shares. I'm curious to see how BB will explain/address this feature. Considering there are still talks ongoing between Google and BB I think some other development is still in the pipeline. I was looking forward to Google Play as it would enable my paid apps to work - this will not. But perhaps the future is looking a little bit brighter. Won't sell just yet.
    11-12-13 09:40 AM
    Yeah, still in. Me and the wife both. Sold some at a loss, now I'm waiting for a better exit point. Hopefully at better then $10/shr...

BB10 4 ME
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-12-13 09:55 AM
    What I'd really like to see is full integration with a playbook. Does playbook have full DNLA support? Can I mirror my z10 into my PB? That would be great if possible.

BB10 4 ME
    11-12-13 09:58 AM

Was about to answer the same.
    Basically, this could lead to another app store (hosted by (a) certified partner(s) ?) ... ? Amazon ?
    11-12-13 10:07 AM
    Was about to answer the same.
    Basically, this could lead to another app store (hosted by (a) certified partner(s) ?) ... ? Amazon ?
    How about this?
    Use Amazon App Store and 1Mobile to Install Android Apps to BlackBerry 10 - N4BB
    11-12-13 10:19 AM
    You're sooo fast
    bungaboy and Corbu like this.
    11-12-13 10:50 AM
    Don't you feel as if the clock has accelerated ?
    New OS leak is impressive to say the least (while still in 10.2.1.xxx branch)
    And now a BlackBerry branded app for applications ...
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-express-released-beta
    wow ...
    someone pulled the trigger here.

edit : BlackBerry Sweden ... where the TAT guys are ...
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-12-13 at 11:29 AM.
    Corbu, morganplus8, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    11-12-13 11:02 AM
    You're sooo fast
    Trop aimable! Thanks!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-12-13 11:04 AM
    More ambulance chasers.
    11-12-13 11:43 AM
    In the complaint, the defendants are alleged to have violated certain provisions of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Specifically, the complaint alleges that defendants’ misrepresented and/or failed to disclose that despite the positive statements regarding the Company’s financial strength and new BlackBerry 10 smart phones, BlackBerry was not on its way to recovery and re-emerging as a lead player in the wireless communications industry. Thus, when the Company publicly announced its true standing, which included incurring massive charges due to unsold BlackBerry 10 devices and a 40% lay-off, BlackBerry shares dropped substantially.
    Is that a joke ?
    #IloveAmerica ... sometimes
    11-12-13 11:50 AM
    So BlackBerry firmly, and specifically, denied direct Play store access, but not 1 Mobile or Amazon android store access.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 12:07 PM
    For off bbry discussion, I just joined stockviews.com. It's an interesting site that is a social site with performance rankings.

I'm on there. PM me to get my information for the site.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086547) and plasmid_boy like this.
    11-12-13 12:17 PM
    So BlackBerry firmly, and specifically, denied direct Play store access, but not 1 Mobile or Amazon android store access.

Posted via CB10
    Any one else thinking there might be a some sort of deal done between Amazon and BBRY , Amazon did try to buy them for 40 a share back in 2011.
    11-12-13 12:57 PM
113,256 ... 21912192219321942195 ...