View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Well gang I just could not resist. I have backed up the truck and bought back in. I didn't quite go all in but I went in with a sizeable position.

My thoughts - BB made a deal with Google. Google went along so that BB was not bought out by Apple or Microsoft. A win win for Google and I think and hope a win for Blackberry. I'm willing to bet the rumor is true and honestly can't see what other magical solution they have up their sleeve. The biggest thing missing from BB are the apps. This is what they need and Blackberry World is not going to cut it.

I suspect this rumor will also be confirmed soon because the clock is ticking with Christmas right around the corner.
    BRAVE!

I agree that right now BlackBerry World is not going to cut it.

But buying in based on a rumor that began with fake pictures... and that most of the "smart" people here (including Kevin), don't see as being a real possibility. Brave indeed my Gorn friend.

That said I don't see $6.50 being a very dangerous buyin point... very good chance it will go up from here
    techvisor likes this.
    11-11-13 03:56 PM
    Shorts still have not covered. Today's report may not include Nov 4 th sell out. Not sure. I guess 25 mil probably covered on my Nov 4th
    We'll have to wait until the 26th to know what happened between 10/31/13 and 11/15/13. Will be interesting.
    11-11-13 03:57 PM
    Morgan what do you think about this?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, busy today, this is of course some great news. Whenever you get a bump in target price like that, you have to feel good about it. I think you will see a series of these upgrades as we close out this year and head into the first Q next year. I'm looking at my charts today and thinking of selling my position around $ 14.00 - $ 14.25/shr, it depends on how long it takes to get there. Nothing wrong with the company mind you, I just like taking profits and moving into the next trade!

As for BBRY, I hold a large block of that stock and have no intentions of selling it anytime soon. We still need to see BBM-X voice and video before that part of the business is up and running and I believe we'll see a whole new wave of downloads when that occurs. The bond offering will close soon and we can get back to trading BBRY.
    11-11-13 03:58 PM
    BRAVE!

But buying in based on a rumor that began with fake pictures... and that most of the "smart" people here (including Kevin), don't see as being a real possibility. Brave indeed my Gorn friend.

That said I don't see $6.50 being a very dangerous buyin point... very good chance it will go up from here
    Been substantiated but to many reputable sources. N4bb had someone verify along with a member of the bb10 leaks community.

The big thing is that new OS releases are white listed. Trying to put them on your phone results in a soft bricking of your phone.

Also, people have managed to get Google services working. So, it is in there.

And the android runtime is now available in blackberry world so it doesn't take a carrier push to get the runtime updated to work with Google play.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 04:11 PM
    im surprised no one pushed for the google play access until now, dont you guys think this would have solved the majority of their consumer-centric issues (ie app selection) if it was there from the start?
    11-11-13 04:17 PM
    Still in. Eager to see what Chen can do.
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-11-13 04:25 PM
    BlackBerry 10 Getting Android Apps with Google Play Store? - N4BB

"*UPDATE* – While the pictures illustrating Google Play Store on BlackBerry 10 have been confirmed as fake, the negotiations between BlackBerry and Google are very real."

Cool.
    jxnb, bungaboy, Randeman and 6 others like this.
    11-11-13 04:27 PM
    Still in too. Haven't sold a single share. Not willing to add any more shares until I see how the next ER shakes out. If, in the process, I end up missing a jump to 15, we'll, that's a chance I'm willing to take.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 05:00 PM
    Still in too. Haven't sold a single share. Not willing to add any more shares until I see how the next ER shakes out. If, in the process, I end up missing a jump to 15, we'll, that's a chance I'm willing to take.

Posted via CB10
    Hehe... I think that you are being a little optimistic about $15, but I like that!
    11-11-13 05:03 PM
    I am still in!!
    Someone doubted I'm still in ?

Edit; I had my first comment on S.A (BTW it's instablog, not official contribution) .
    lol, thank you mister Alansmithee, I believe you're one of our readers/posters.
    A pinch of courage and your real nick would have weighted your comment !

re-edit : thank you so much spiller for you discreet help; moooooohhhh !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-11-13 at 05:28 PM.
    Randeman, bungaboy, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    11-11-13 05:09 PM
    We'll have to wait until the 26th to know what happened between 10/31/13 and 11/15/13. Will be interesting.
    I seriously doubt that shorts covered much if any at all. In fact, the SI might have gone up. That's assuming the data from this site is somewhat accurate, of course.

Interactive Charts

When shorts decide or are forced to cover, the SP can easily double in a short period of time. 150M shorts need cheap shares and it will be a race to the exit when the time comes.
    fedakd, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    11-11-13 05:16 PM
    Bring Your Own Device, But Don't Forget the Security!

Tell me who is editing this website ?
    SAP.
    Where do we go from there ?
    You tell me, eventually

Good nite gang !
    rarsen, Randeman and jxnb like this.
    11-11-13 06:03 PM
    Just pike it did to Nokia, sp doubled due to short covering. It was more than 200 mil before ms news and now less than 70 mil

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 06:46 PM
    http://n4bb.com/blackberry-denies-go...blackberry-10/

BlackBerry is denying the possibility of implementing Google play store.

So much for that...

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rarsen, sidhuk and 7 others like this.
    11-11-13 07:18 PM
    I do not think it is inaccurate, but may be incomplete. Exchanges are reporting short interest, and also providing it to FINRA . FINRA publishes it daily. I am not sure from where short analytics pulls the data, but you can review it from FINRA here November 2013 Reg SHO Daily Files

I seriously doubt that shorts covered much if any at all. In fact, the SI might have gone up. That's assuming the data from this site is somewhat accurate, of course.

Interactive Charts

When shorts decide or are forced to cover, the SP can easily double in a short period of time. 150M shorts need cheap shares and it will be a race to the exit when the time comes.
    11-11-13 07:55 PM
    im surprised no one pushed for the google play access until now, dont you guys think this would have solved the majority of their consumer-centric issues (ie app selection) if it was there from the start?
    It has to do with the legality of geting it working. I forget if it is terms of services or what. But Blackberry couldn't just say they want to do it and do it. It had to be done in cooperation with Google.
    morganplus8, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    11-11-13 08:24 PM
    BlackBerry Denies Google Play Store Coming to BlackBerry 10 - N4BB

BlackBerry is denying the possibility of implementing Google play store.

So much for that...

Posted via CB10
    Confused by this. Blackberry in the past has been 100% in the boiler plate of:
    "We do not comment on rumors"

Why the change?
    11-11-13 08:25 PM
    Confused by this. Blackberry in the past has been 100% in the boiler plate of:
    "We do not comment on rumors"

Why the change?
    They may have viewed this particular rumour as damaging to any current BB developer relation, and also didn't want it gathering anymore steam for a bigger potential fall/disappointment
    11-11-13 08:46 PM
    As mentioned, there is "the legality" of doing this in conjunction with Google, but also this...

BlackBerry was on the road to giving up its lucrative BIS fees and was diving in headfirst into BB10 *without* user fees. So, Blackberry had to make up for this lost revenue stream with hardware margins and their App World. If they had come out with Google Play and only depended on hardware margins (and a still in development BES10) going forward, they would have been massacred right out of the gate (only Apple and Samsung have pulled off the profitable hardware biz so far).

There had to be at least the illusion that they were going to be getting tons of $ pouring in from the 100+k BB apps. Now that they've swung and missed, though, it makes sense to try and get Google Play to deplete inventory and restructure themselves as a smaller niche player.
    Last edited by m0de25; 11-11-13 at 10:19 PM.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    11-11-13 09:02 PM
    I've still got my shares.
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    11-11-13 09:07 PM
    Watsa clearly wasn't interested in doing what's best for the company, so he stepped down:

�I stepped off the board, I wanted to be independent � if you�re on the board you�ve got a fiduciary responsibility � to see, as a 10 per cent shareholder, what the best possibilities were for the company,� Mr. Watsa said.

Now that's not very promising is it? He stepped aside to do what's best for him and we have to live with it now.
    The way he sat back and deep sixed all competing offers in the end and then picked up the scraps to put together his new, improved bond deal is disgusting. That the Board let him do it is even worse. He played them badly and they fell for it and turned over the company at 6% and the conversion, you would think he was negotiating with amateurs the way he got it all. JMHO....
    11-11-13 09:29 PM
    He played them badly and they fell for it and turned over the company at 6% and the conversion, you would think he was negotiating with amateurs the way he got it all. JMHO....
    I think he was, in many ways, negotiating with amateurs. And for that reason, I think it's better that the end result is a major reorganization, and with him as Lead Director.

You can't really argue effectively both that Watsa is really adept in these areas and also that you would prefer having the old board still in control. I'm more disgusted by what the old board did than by any of Watsa's actions here... I'm not pleased with all of what he's done, but I'm pretty optimistic about Chen and Watsa's probably the only reason he's there now.

Anyway, I'm willing to give it some time to work. At least a couple more weeks. ;-)
    fedakd, Superfly_FR, jxnb and 3 others like this.
    11-11-13 10:06 PM
    BRAVE!

Well this Gorn just got blasted with mining materials conveniently scattered around the country side. Looks like I'll be backing up the truck and paying an offloading fee to get my shares back early tomorrow morning. Sorry folks but no apps means kaput - once again. Oh well, why am I surprised. I'm investing on rumors. Back into solar city I go.
    11-11-13 10:56 PM
    I wonder if there's any way BlackBerry can help the victims in the Philippines.. I know they've showed support after the Tsunami hit. I think they should.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 01:47 AM
    Superfly_Fr,

I just read your editorial on SA, and found it very interesting. What do expect regarding further inventory write-downs or 'future' commitments towards suppliers?

I like to believe that the past events had been carefully planned, but would that vision still make sense if they were to incur more losses due to uncareful planning?

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    11-12-13 02:04 AM
113,256 ... 21902191219221932194 ...