View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-essentials-sir-richard-branson-1.jpg
    Hailed as a business magnate and one of the industry�s most innovative entrepreneurs, Sir Richard Branson not only holds the the hugely successful Virgin label to his name, but also stands as one of the most iconic business venture stories in the world. Having pushed his first project The Student to success with the help of a �300 loan from his mother, Branson is extending the realm of Virgin and fueling the buzz created by current day up-and-coming entrepreneurs with the announcement of Virgin StartUp: a not-for-profit scheme that provides business loans to bustling start-ups across the UK. Despite the outstanding nature of his successes and Virgin�s most recent development, Branson�s Essentials remain intimate and minimal, keeping his emphasis on business and personal care at the forefront of his creative canvas, free from clutter and finicky trends.

Essentials: Sir Richard Branson | Hypebeast
    bungaboy and BlackistheBerry like this.
    11-09-13 12:37 PM
    Yes, of course. Sorry I forgot. You're new here.
    LoL,
    havnt have an addition to the ignore list for few days now. just like MRS. STATCOUNTER the "new" addition has mandate to defend the GP store.
    bungaboy and BlackistheBerry like this.
    11-09-13 12:40 PM
    It seems a couple of guys are really sensible today. Of course, If you feel you aren't ready to keep an honest conversation, you can add me to your little black list. But, relax, stock market is like this, you can always recover the losses in your next trade.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    11-09-13 01:04 PM
    Preinstalled is impossible, Google wouldn't approve that. Probably is a hack that the end user has to do, not a mainstream feature ready to use out of the box.
    For example, you can install Google Play in the Kindle Fire and in Chinese white box phones and tablets, but they don't come with Google Play preinstalled from the manufacturer.
    Not so much a hack than it is a simple sideload. As of now, we don't know yet. You may be right. Maybe BlackBerry and Google really do have a deal cooked up.

p.s. I know I've been receiving a lot of "love" on this thread as of lately (even so much I even got another shoutout under the "Top Thanked" section. I just want to say, if this (Google Play), for whatever reason, does not happen: don't shoot the messenger. I'm simply giving you information that is present on this very website. I post on this thread because all this is potentially stock moving news. I'm a shareholder too and I'm LONG. The BlackBerry Blend find was my own doing, but that's all.

BBRY LONG to the end.
    Last edited by Bilaal; 11-09-13 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Fixing up sentance.
    11-09-13 01:16 PM
    This is definitely a game changer. Which should make bb10 os attractive to other hand set makers. BB10 can run smoothly on less expensive chips. It is secure and have flexibility of Android.
    Right now, with BBM voice calls and secure manageable network, having access to almost all of Android apps, not sure why any one would Want any other device?
    Google Play is definitely good for us current BB10 users, but new customers are not going to buy BB10 phones just because it can run android apps, they will buy android phones for that.
    Last edited by gg22; 11-09-13 at 03:12 PM.
    11-09-13 02:40 PM
    Google Play is definitely good for us current BB10 users, but new customers will not going to by BB10 phones just because it can run android apps, they will buy android phones for that.
    Tough call really. I'm of the belief that people like the os but choose to pass if they can't get the apps they want and use. This, if true, could open up some potential users to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 02:58 PM
    My two cents...if true it totally eliminates the app argument for large business, thus improving BlackBerry odds of retaining those large company's...this a win.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 03:09 PM
    My two cents...if true it totally eliminates the app argument for large business, thus improving BlackBerry odds of retaining those large company's...this a win.

Posted via CB10
    This is definitely a good thing, and I'm looking forward to it, I'm just saying it will not have any significant impact on sales and the stock price. Just like xBBM we hoped would, but it didn't and it's already losing momentum it seems. I'm checking BBM feedback count from time to time, and I see that there is a very slow increase from day to day.
    11-09-13 03:18 PM
    Not so much a hack than it is a simple sideload. As of now, we don't know yet. You may be right. Maybe BlackBerry and Google really do have a deal cooked up.

p.s. I know I've been receiving a lot of "love" on this thread as of lately (even so much I even got another shoutout under the "Top Thanked" section. I just want to say, if does, for whatever reason, does not happen: don't shoot the messenger. I'm simply giving you information that is present on this very website. I post on this thread because all this is potentially stock moving news. I'm a shareholder too and I'm LONG. The BlackBerry Blend find was my own doing, but that's all.

BBRY LONG to the end.
    I think the process could be more involved than a simple sideload. Play Store depends on other proprietary libraries like Google Service Framework that BlackBerry can't distribute. But, taking the Kindle Fire as example, It's not a process that could stop someone who really wants to do it.

If BlackBerry and Google have a deal, I'll eat my hat and a shoe.
    Randeman likes this.
    11-09-13 04:03 PM
    I think the process could be more involved than a simple sideload. Play Store depends on other proprietary libraries like Google Service Framework that BlackBerry can't distribute. But, taking the Kindle Fire as example, It's not a process that could stop someone who really wants to do it.

Okee Dokee . . . . .

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-foot_in_mouth_funny_sayings_postcard-rad0512b8503f49d98d0f0f24a04275d0_vgbaq_8byvr_512.jpg
    11-09-13 04:33 PM
    Okee Dokee . . . . .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	foot_in_mouth_funny_sayings_postcard-rad0512b8503f49d98d0f0f24a04275d0_vgbaq_8byvr_512.jpg 
Views:	1776 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	218966
    In my field, the technical term is 'foot-in-mouth disease'.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    11-09-13 05:08 PM

You must have not read the original threads regarding this. The runtime will be fully unlocked with all the Google dependencies included so it will be a simple sideload IF it isn't preloaded.
    Randeman, sidhuk and Superfly_FR like this.
    11-09-13 07:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Agree, BlackBerry needs app development in many shapes and forms. Reducing the need for duplication and focusing on future development is win win.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-09-13 09:20 PM
    OT: Air Canada is still on a run, but for how long?
    11-10-13 02:16 AM
    11-10-13 09:34 AM
    Part II - The little guys invest in the PW BB deal:

Manulife Canadian Focused Fund
    $ 33,292,000

MD Dividend Income Fund
    $ 28,000,000

Manulife Canadian Large Cap Value Equity Fund
    $ 7,467,000

Manulife Canadian Focused Class
    $ 1,241,000
    11-10-13 09:47 AM
    Manulife Asset Management Ltd., which revealed its investment in a document filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, is purchasing $70-million of BlackBerry’s debt. Because the full $1-billion had already been bought up by other firms, Manulife’s purchase was enabled by Brookfield Asset Management Inc. and Markel Corp. trimming back their previously revealed positions.

Brookfield, which said it bought in on behalf of clients, reduced its $50-million stake to $10-million, while Markel pared back a $100-million investment to $70-million. The firms with the largest stake in BlackBerry’s debt are Fairfax, with $250-million; Mackenzie Financial Corp, with $200-million; and Canso Investment Counsel Ltd., which purchased $300-million, the largest stake.
    11-10-13 09:50 AM
    So has the rumour been confirmed? BB 10.2.1 will have all Google Play apps? Will it work flawlessly with no security issues whatsoever? If so, what made this sudden break-though possible... hmm :-)

Posted via CB10
    There is a whole thread In the leaks forum. It sounds like a done deal. Believability is because it is members of the leaks team saying that they saw it. And pics are out also.

From BlackBerry World you will download Google play. And you will install games straight from Google play. Bb10 already uses the apk file directly when you side load.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kfh227; 11-10-13 at 10:06 AM.
    11-10-13 09:54 AM
    OT: Air Canada is still on a run, but for how long?
    You think Air Canada will "take off"? You think Air Canada will "fly higher"? Sure hope they don't "crash".
    11-10-13 09:55 AM
    steve jobs got paid a dollar while he was ceo.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    techvisor likes this.
    11-10-13 10:05 AM
    There is a whole thread In the leaks forum. It sounds like a done deal. Believability is because it is members of the leaks team saying that they saw it. And pics are out also.

From BlackBerry World you will download Google play. And you will install games straight from Google play. Bb10 already uses the apk file directly when you side load.

Google has apparently signed the proper paperwork to allow this.

Posted via CB10
    meant to edit my post oops

Posted via CB10
    angieberry10 likes this.
    11-10-13 10:07 AM
    You think Air Canada will "take off"? You think Air Canada will "fly higher"? Sure hope they don't "crash".
    Or will the run be restricted to the runway?
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-10-13 10:26 AM
    meant to edit my post oops

Posted via CB10
    Are you going to have to pee on your own leg now if this is all true about Google Play??
    Randeman likes this.
    11-10-13 02:39 PM
    Are you going to have to pee on your own leg now if this is all true about Google Play??
    Looks like there is still an apple with a bite out of it to pee on. LoL
    Randeman and sidhuk like this.
    11-10-13 03:40 PM
    Matters what Blackberry does with it.

If they take this $1B of new cash and dedicate it to advertising, the answer is yes. I will **** myself.

Samsung is huge because they advertise the #@%*^ out of their products.

I think they will not do anything to advertise this though. And no one will know.

If this works well, will Google buy Blackberry? From what I understand, Google opened an office in Canada (Waterloo). If Google bought BBRY, they could keep all of BBRY in Canada and with Google's support, BBRY could solidify the secure smartphone market.
    fedakd likes this.
    11-10-13 07:08 PM
113,256 ... 21872188218921902191 ...