View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    welll It might even be 1 billion tax credit , that would be pretty nice , sitting on 4 bill in cash. That would be great so they can really turn this company into a service and software company
    They would need the tax refund before end of November to have it impact the December ER. So I will probably sell out before earnings (more than a week before this time) and buy after Dec ER. That's just me. Since I'm doing that you can be assured the earnings will be great since I can't do anything but be wrong about the ER.
    bungaboy and anon(4086547) like this.
    11-08-13 03:51 PM
    They would need the tax refund before end of November to have it impact the December ER. So I will probably sell out before earnings (more than a week before this time) and buy after Dec ER. That's just me. Since I'm doing that you can be assured the earnings will be great since I can't do anything but be wrong about the ER.
    AHAHA ya i was going to sell right before last ER but then they dropped that **** a week early lol. I Really interested in the short numbers in the next month or two. If the shorts finally start to cover then it could be a good sign
    11-08-13 04:01 PM
    More detail on Chen's compensation package from Postmedia News:

But more importantly, Chen will also be granted 13 million restricted shares that vest over five years � 25% each on his third and fourth anniversary, with the remainder accessible after five years � a sign that BlackBerry�s board is serious about tying Chen�s performance at the company, and the company itself, to the value of his reward.

The more I hear the more I like it. It's very good to have the CEO encouraged to take a long-term view like that. Watsa knows what he's doing.
    cjcampbell, Corbu, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    11-08-13 04:02 PM
    To counter all the trolls that bash you for losing the trade with BBRY, let us all thank you x100 for winning the trade with HALO.

At one point (until the recent ER) I was 100% in BBRY with my 'play' account, which still held a good amount of money, then diversified with 25% to HALO, some IAG, some TRP, some other stuff. Still down but I will claw back those BBRY losses slowly.

I really want that Google Play Services on BB10 rumour to be true and happen ASAP!

Worst case, BB should build hardware that dual boots (boot option) into Android or BB10. The Z30 hardware and your choice of what OS to use - BB10 at work, Android for playtime at night. If they can get Google Play on BB10 even better. But either way open up BB10 handsets to fully support Android and keep building great hardware! (although improve the damn camera).
    Ditto, I have to thank Morgan as well for sharing #HALO. This gem is as advertised a monster and making the pain of BBRY a little easier.
    Corbu, rarsen, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    11-08-13 04:55 PM
    I missed the Halo train. It hit my stop yesterday, but I didn't get back now I missed it big time. I am thinking to get back Monday if it move back it a bit. Is this good idea or I should wait bit more? although I didn't make any, but I have to Thanks Morgan for the tips and advise you have for us.
    Morgan, just wondering about ACAD should I wait a bit more or it good time to get in. Thanks
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-08-13 05:30 PM
    I missed the Halo train. It hit my stop yesterday, but I didn't get back now I missed it big time. I am thinking to get back Monday if it move back it a bit. Is this good idea or I should wait bit more? although I didn't make any, but I have to Thanks Morgan for the tips and advise you have for us.
    Morgan, just wondering about ACAD should I wait a bit more or it good time to get in. Thanks
    Ok, despite the fact that I haven't posted for months (I bit my tongue more than once to avoid getting in to a battle with trolls, et al), it's getting a bit much to read about Halo and other stocks totally unrelated to BBRY on this forum. With due respect to M+8 whom I have the utmost respect for and who's too nice to not respond to non-BBRY matters, PLEASE take your "other investment" stuff to another forum. Please! Pretty please!

On a happy note, I get my new Q10 on Monday. Still a supporter.....but much poorer lol. Still hangin on though, time and Mr. Chen will tell. In my books, anyone with those initials has got to be a saviour.
    11-08-13 06:12 PM
    Speaking of other stocks, I guess I just indirectly bought more BlackBerry today. I have lots of Manulife (MFC) and they just jumped into the 1 billion bond issue of Blackberry with a 70 million investment. On a brighter note, in my wife's account, MFC finally made it back to even after 6 years. It also provided close to 19 grand in dividends while we were waiting. Something to be said for not selling too early.
    Manulife Financial takes share of Fairfax-led $1B financing for BlackBerry - Yahoo Finance Canada
    11-08-13 06:26 PM
    Ok, despite the fact that I haven't posted for months (I bit my tongue more than once to avoid getting in to a battle with trolls, et al), it's getting a bit much to read about Halo and other stocks totally unrelated to BBRY on this forum. With due respect to M+8 whom I have the utmost respect for and who's too nice to not respond to non-BBRY matters, PLEASE take your "other investment" stuff to another forum. Please! Pretty please!

On a happy note, I get my new Q10 on Monday. Still a supporter.....but much poorer lol. Still hangin on though, time and Mr. Chen will tell. In my books, anyone with those initials has got to be a saviour.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...cation-853728/
    bungaboy and bergeron37 like this.
    11-08-13 06:36 PM
    More detail on Chen's compensation package from Postmedia News:

But more importantly, Chen will also be granted 13 million restricted shares that vest over five years – 25% each on his third and fourth anniversary, with the remainder accessible after five years – a sign that BlackBerry’s board is serious about tying Chen’s performance at the company, and the company itself, to the value of his reward.

The more I hear the more I like it. It's very good to have the CEO encouraged to take a long-term view like that. Watsa knows what he's doing.
    Yabut, Yabut the Glob and Maul experts say . . . . .

Experts question Chen’s BlackBerry pay package
    Experts question Chen’s BlackBerry pay package - The Globe and Mail
    Shanerredflag, Randeman and sidhuk like this.
    11-08-13 06:45 PM
    [QUOTE=Markymark 23;9503537]Ok, despite the fact that I haven't posted for months (I bit my tongue more than once to avoid getting in to a battle with trolls, et al), it's getting a bit much to read about Halo and other stocks totally unrelated to BBRY on this forum. With due respect to M+8 whom I have the utmost respect for and who's too nice to not respond to non-BBRY matters, PLEASE take your "other investment" stuff to another forum. Please! Pretty please!

I am sorry sir.
    11-08-13 06:49 PM

Actually, I don't mind the OT chatter after hours and on weekends. Especially during slack tides.
    11-08-13 06:51 PM
    BBM downloads is ever so slightly losing momentum on Google Play Store here in the UK. In the top free apps chart, it's now in the top 20, sitting in at #18, whilst #3 on the Communication charts, behind WhatsApp and Skype.

On iOS, it's still #5 on the overall free top apps, but still #1 in the social communication chart.

I've said it once and I'll say it before, if Video and Voice calls doesn't come soon enough, this is going to get ugly.
    Superfly_FR and anon(4086547) like this.
    11-08-13 07:00 PM
    As much as it is nice to stay on topic, there is no law nor policies that enforces a strict adherence to a topic that, we could argue, varies in how it should be interpreted. Even if, God forbid, we should digress for a moment or two, how much has anyone paid to earn the right to always read a thread that Nevers goes sideways?

Man, I wonder about people sometimes!

And yes it is my first official ranting post on this thread.

Posted via CB10
    bbmotion likes this.
    11-08-13 07:29 PM
    As much as it is nice to stay on topic, there is no law nor policies that enforces a strict adherence to a topic that, we could argue, varies in how it should be interpreted. Even if, God forbid, we should digress for a moment or two, how much has anyone paid to earn the right to always read a thread that Nevers goes sideways?

Man, I wonder about people sometimes!

And yes it is my first official ranting post on this thread.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, the rules are clear about staying on topic. We do however allow some leeway, especially on a thread of this size, so long as it doesn't get out of hand, is respectful, and doesn't appear purposefully done to divert the thread in a different direction.
    11-08-13 07:36 PM
    BBM downloads is ever so slightly losing momentum on Google Play Store here in the UK. In the top free apps chart, it's now in the top 20, sitting in at #18, whilst #3 on the Communication charts, behind WhatsApp and Skype.

On iOS, it's still #5 on the overall free top apps, but still #1 in the social communication chart.

I've said it once and I'll say it before, if Video and Voice calls doesn't come soon enough, this is going to get ugly.

Overall it is still holding nicely. As of today in the New Free and Top Free categories for all of Google play:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ga2.jpgThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ga.jpg

https://play.google.com/store/apps/new

https://play.google.com/store/apps/top
    11-08-13 07:36 PM
    Actually, the rules are clear about staying on topic. We do however allow some leeway, especially on a thread of this size, so long as it doesn't get out of hand, is respectful, and doesn't appear purposefully done to divert the thread in a different direction.
    Fair enough. I still believe that there is enough in this world that we have to abide by, (my point about laws, regulations and stuff) so that self imposed or private (administrative rules) should somehow allow a level of flexibility that a law, act or directive would not otherwise allow. I am sorry but I come here to learn, relax, so I expect some leeway. Again, this is my personal opinion. People are way too serious, even when it come to $$, there is a way to approach everything in life. (mind you, that may be the wine talking, so cheers)
    Randeman and Corbu like this.
    11-08-13 07:44 PM

Based on what they said they had as of a week later, which was already at 10 millions, and given that once the hype goes away, things calm down, I still would not be surprised though, to see a sign up rate of a million a day. Let see what the next few week bring.
    bungaboy, Randeman, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    11-08-13 07:46 PM
    Yabut, Yabut the Glob and Maul experts say . . . . .

Experts question Chen�€™s BlackBerry pay package - The Globe and Mail
    I bet that none of these brilliant "compensation experts" that the Globe dug up have ever been responsible for sorting out compensation for a CEO at Chen's level. ;-)
    11-08-13 07:51 PM
    Even if, God forbid, we should digress for a moment or two, how much has anyone paid to earn the right to always read a thread that Nevers goes sideways?

Posted via CB10
    Actually, about 30k to tell you the truth lol. Oh well, just my thoughts. Still love reading most everyone's posts. No slight intended, I'll carry on being the quiet optimist!!!
    Superfly_FR and La Emperor like this.
    11-08-13 07:55 PM
    In my extended Family since xBBM came out I have had 6 iPhone users and 2 Android users on BBM. I am batting 1.000!

Time will tell.
    11-08-13 07:58 PM
    No slight intended, I'll carry on being the quiet optimist!!!
    Sound good.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-08-13 08:06 PM
    Actually, about 30k to tell you the truth lol. Oh well, just my thoughts. Still love reading most everyone's posts. No slight intended, I'll carry on being the quiet optimist!!!
    See your $30k and raise you . . . . . LoL. A Looooonnnngggg optimist like me.
    11-08-13 08:16 PM
    I bet that none of these brilliant "compensation experts" that the Globe dug up have ever been responsible for sorting out compensation for a CEO at Chen's level. ;-)
    My thoughts exactly. Drag someone out of a bar and phrase the question to get the answer you want.

BTW one of the Glob authors was M+8's friend Jacquinearse.
    Last edited by bungaboy; 11-08-13 at 08:32 PM.
    11-08-13 08:18 PM
    Whatever I make thru Morgan's picks, I promise to put right back into BlackBerry.
    Thanks Morgan.
    (well, whatever I don't drink out of it).
    11-08-13 08:21 PM
    Overall it is still holding nicely. As of today in the New Free and Top Free categories for all of Google play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/new

https://play.google.com/store/apps/top
    I thought Google Play shows you results based on your location? I got a different result to you. BBM wasn't even on the top 5, I had to press "See more" scroll down and see it placed on the 4th row. If that is the overall number worldwide, then that's great news and the momentum has probably declined in the UK only.

Based on what they said they had as of a week later, which was already at 10 millions, and given that once the hype goes away, things calm down, I still would not be surprised though, to see a sign up rate of a million a day. Let see what the next few week bring.
    Yes, this still would be good. I just wish we got an update from BlackBerry every now and then, reassuring naysayers and worrisome people like myself.

Btw, a member from the BerryLeaks team has confirmed that Google Play is coming to BB10 beginning 10.2.1.XXXX releases and a lot more. I suspect by more, he means Panorama mode and other camera features (which these particular features, assets have been present in early 10.2 builds and even to this day with the latest 10.2 leak)

There's also a particular bar file under the name of sys.fuse.bar which points to a website which displays the following:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-shot_131109_022246.png

The website title is "BlackBerry Blend"

The tables have turned MASSIVELY in the past week.
    Last edited by Bilaal; 11-08-13 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Cleaning up.
    11-08-13 08:23 PM
113,256 ... 21842185218621872188 ...