View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    faaack i wonder how much apple was going to come in for a bid before getting shot down!

BlackBerry reportedly shot down breakup offers
    Sources tell Reuters plenty of tech companies expressed interest in buying parts of BlackBerry (BBRY +1.1%), but were shot down by a board that felt a breakup "did not serve the interest of all stakeholders, which include employees, customers and suppliers in addition to shareholders."Reuters is now reporting Microsoft and Apple were interested in BlackBerry's patents, and past reports have claimed Lenovo, Cisco, Intel, and Google were interested in part or all of BlackBerry. Ottawa reportedly turned Lenovo away due to security concerns. Also, John Sculley has said he was lining up a bid before BlackBerry announced its $1B, Fairfax-led, debt deal.The report comes as BlackBerry discloses its financing deal comes with a breakup fee that could range from $135M-$250M (depending on the circumstances). The company has also disclosed new chairman/interim CEO John Chen is being given $85M worth of restricted stock units (vesting over five years) as part of his compensation package.
    fedakd likes this.
    11-08-13 02:29 PM
    BlackBerry doesn't think a break-up is in our best interests? Look at the share price!
    This is shareholder abuse. 100%
    I'm not defending BB/BOD's horrible treatment of shareholders, but as far as breakup options -even with their backs against the wall- I still can't blame them for still trying to salvage the company as a whole.

...sources say that BlackBerry�s board saw that any breakup would �not serve the interest of all stakeholders, which include employees, customers and suppliers in addition to shareholders.�
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-08-13 02:32 PM
    faaack i wonder how much apple was going to come in for a bid before getting shot down!
    I for one finally love this news.
    It demonstrates BlackBerry patents worse far more than nothing, as the usual suspects raved to claim. We might now see some analysts, with "source familiar to the matter" unveil the amounts. And if BOTH appl and MSFT were in the same game, they surely did not offer nuts for patents.
    Is the stock up already ?

S.A spreading the news :
    ------------------------------------
    BlackBerry reportedly shot down breakup offers
    ? 3:26 PM

Sources tell Reuters plenty of tech companies expressed interest in buying parts of BlackBerry (BBRY +1.1%), but were shot down by a board that felt a breakup "did not serve the interest of all stakeholders, which include employees, customers and suppliers in addition to shareholders."
    Reuters is now reporting Microsoft and Apple were interested in BlackBerry's patents, and past reports have claimed Lenovo, Cisco, Intel, and Google were interested in part or all of BlackBerry. Ottawa reportedly turned Lenovo away due to security concerns. Also, John Sculley has said he was lining up a bid before BlackBerry announced its $1B, Fairfax-led, debt deal.
    The report comes as BlackBerry discloses its financing deal comes with a breakup fee that could range from $135M-$250M (depending on the circumstances). The company has also disclosed new chairman/interim CEO John Chen is being given $85M worth of restricted stock units (vesting over five years) as part of his compensation package.

Posted via CB10
    Edit:
    Oh well... AH and PM are going to be interesting, IMHO.

Attachment 218537
    bungaboy, rarsen and Shanerredflag like this.
    11-08-13 02:34 PM
    I'm not defending BB/BOD's horrible treatment of shareholders, but as far as breakup options -even with their backs against the wall- I still can't blame them for still trying to salvage the company as a whole.

...sources say that BlackBerry’s board saw that any breakup would “not serve the interest of all stakeholders, which include employees, customers and suppliers in addition to shareholders.”
    Also from that article:

A landmark Supreme Court of Canada ruling in the BCE case in 2008 said a Canadian company's board needs to consider the interests of all stakeholders, not just shareholders, when it decides on a deal. Stakeholders can include employees, customers, suppliers and the wider community.
    11-08-13 02:36 PM
    xBBM showing promising signs of user engagement... (this is a BGR link, so stay the heck away from the useless comment section!)

BBM user engagement study: beating other messaging apps | BGR
    11-08-13 02:43 PM
    Just got my average Down to 11
    11-08-13 02:43 PM
    Just got my average Down to 11
    I wish I could engage 1K shares more... that would have averaged around $8.5...
    Just can't afford it right now

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 02:48 PM
    I wish I could engage 1K shares more... that would have averaged around $8.5...
    Just can't afford it right now

Posted via CB10
    I bought another 600 to bring me down to 11 , 1000 would of got me to 10 but 600 is all i can afford right now aswell
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-08-13 02:52 PM
    The December ER will most likely be very ugly....and the share price will get even better for those willing to take risk!

Posted from my gorgeous Z30
    11-08-13 02:57 PM
    Trust me I wish I could average down big time right now...unfortunately student loans starting in January and my 15 year old 4runner needs a timing belt replacement soon - another $1,000.

Problems of a 22 year old.
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    11-08-13 02:58 PM
    The December ER will most likely be very ugly....and the share price will get even better for those willing to take risk!

That's kind of what I'm waiting for. Although I wouldn't be upset if it surprised us all and I didn't get a chance to average down
    Superfly_FR, Randeman and bungaboy like this.
    11-08-13 02:59 PM
    That's kind of what I'm waiting for. Although I wouldn't be upset if it surprised us all and I didn't get a chance to average down
    100% on that one! Mind you I'm not holding my breath...I passed out too many times in the past lol lol

Superfly_FR, Randeman and bungaboy like this.
    11-08-13 03:01 PM
    Trust me I wish I could average down big time right now...unfortunately student loans starting in January and my 15 year old 4runner needs a timing belt replacement soon - another $1,000.

Problems of a 22 year old.
    Aahah oh the problems , My student loans start end of this month but Luckily I have a full time gig that pays well so i can spare some cash to average down on this investment , I think we could see the share price pop make up to the 8-10 range pretty easily
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-08-13 03:03 PM

I wonder what will be the Street expectations by then (funny no one dares to do it now). As you named them, could be rated ugly.
    But then, if just bad or even average...
    Anyhow, I won't get the money by then, unless I cannot plunge in my real-estate affair...

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-08-13 03:09 PM
    I wonder what will be the Street expectations by then (funny no one dares to do it now). As you named them, could be rated ugly.
    But then, if just bad or even average...
    Anyhow, I won't get the money by then, unless I cannot plunge in my real-estate affair...

Posted via CB10
    I think it all depends on that tax refund that they are trying to get
    11-08-13 03:11 PM
    I for one finally love this news.
    It demonstrates BlackBerry patents worse far more than nothing, as the usual suspects raved to claim. We might now see some analysts, with "source familiar to the matter" unveil the amounts. And if BOTH appl and MSFT were in the same game, they surely did not offer nuts for patents.
    Is the stock up already ?
    Presumably it was less than $1 billion, given that was all that BBRY's board needed to hand over the company to Prem and Co.
    11-08-13 03:15 PM
    I think it all depends on that tax refund that they are trying to get
    Yup, the extra $500Mil is about 2 Quarter (expected) cash burn. Earnings may be positive... even with bad sales numbers... that we have to be told about.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-08-13 03:16 PM
    Yup, the extra $500Mil is about 2 Quarter (expected) cash burn. Earnings may be positive... even with bad sales numbers... that we have to be told about.

Posted via CB10
    welll It might even be 1 billion tax credit , that would be pretty nice , sitting on 4 bill in cash. That would be great so they can really turn this company into a service and software company
    11-08-13 03:18 PM
    welll It might even be 1 billion tax credit , that would be pretty nice , sitting on 4 bill in cash. That would be great so they can really turn this company into a service and software company
    Yup : expected credit was $500mil therefore *extra*

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 03:25 PM
    Presumably it was less than $1 billion, given that was all that BBRY's board needed to hand over the company to Prem and Co.
    That's funny calculation if you ask me.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 03:26 PM
    Yup : expected credit was $500mil therefore *extra*

Posted via CB10
    Once they turn a profitable Qtr we are off to the races but the real question is when will that be. Cant wait for them to fire all the people they said they where going to
    11-08-13 03:30 PM
    That's funny calculation if you ask me.
    Troll math always involves funny calculations: http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Tro...26_3822260.jpg
    11-08-13 03:35 PM
    BlackBerry doesn't think a break-up is in our best interests? Look at the share price!
    This is shareholder abuse. 100%
    Agreed. Looks like they are hiding behind that supreme court ruling. I think in that case the bondholders were the other important stakeholders. In this case suppliers should NOT be considered. They will get their money through negotiated terms. Complete BS.
    11-08-13 03:45 PM
    Agreed. Looks like they are hiding behind that supreme court ruling. I think in that case the bondholders were the other important stakeholders. In this case suppliers should NOT be considered. They will get their money through negotiated terms. Complete BS.
    They do have a vested interest in getting the share price above 10 now because that when they start to make money on the debt if they convert
    11-08-13 03:48 PM
    Have a great weekend Gang.
    here is my kind of weekend. drinks on early. JD never fails, even in gloomy weather.
    11-08-13 03:51 PM
113,256 ... 21832184218521862187 ...