View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Not sure if some of you guys have been lurking other threads lately bit there has been some interesting discussion going on.

Basically the next update might enable Google play store to be on a BlackBerry 10 devices.

Like always, it is a rumour so treat as such.

Link below.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=870951

Posted via CB10
    Hitting the rumor now... http://berryflow.com/rumored-blackbe...app-ecosystem/
    If true, while nose pinching - a bit - this is just killing. But bad for native devs... anyways, will bring a lot of (almost) free buzz.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 02:15 AM
    *rub eyes*.... what the!?.... I've been sleeping for 3 months... what happened?....

Posted via CB10
    LOL, I stayed awake but am equally shocked. Here is what you missed :
    Before you went into REM, we were expecting BBRY to hit $20. By the time you woke up it hit $6.50. At the same time, someone impersonated BBM Group (removed limits) and sold itself for more than 10x the price of BBRY.

Maybe I am the one who is still sleeping and this is just a strange dream?

Edit: it seems that banks and Wall street are creating artificial value and take real money from retail investors.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by plasmid_boy; 11-08-13 at 05:47 AM.
    11-08-13 04:54 AM
    Why is that. A radio or TV viewer can't be clicking on and buying your product and service in the next minute or forwarding your info to 1, 100 or 1000 people in the click of the mouse. You just aren't thinking about home commerce actually works in the modern era.
    A lot of TV adverts provide 1-800 numbers and web site addresses on TV. I agree these aren't as expedient as a mouse click to many.

That being said I never click on anything I see on FB or twitter. In fact these adverts pizz me off! I value my privacy and try to protect it as much as I can.
    plasmid_boy, sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    11-08-13 05:22 AM
    A lot of TV adverts provide 1-800 numbers and web site addresses on TV. I agree these aren't as expedient as a mouse click to many.

That being said I never click on anything I see on FB or twitter. In fact these adverts pizz me off! I value my privacy and try to protect it as much as I can.
    I get that and understand, but the fact has to be that a user who the company knows all about (age, sex, where you surf, what you search/buy) and can make commerce that much easier has to be more valuable than an idle, mostly unknown TV or radio viewer. I honestly didn't understand the post I was responding to or how that poster couldn't see or believe that. I don't click thru anything or use FB or the twitter....
    bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    11-08-13 05:39 AM
    So does this confirm, contrary to some statements here, that Watsa was unable to raise $4.7 billion. And of course if he could not Mike will not be able to either.
    we can all read buddy...moving on as things move along...don't be stuck in the past...
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    11-08-13 06:11 AM
    Break Fee is back:
    As part of the financing deal, BlackBerry has agreed to pay a fee to the investors if it does reach an alternate deal that results in the sale of the company, either before, or within 30 days of the close of this deal.

Depending on the circumstances, the fee could range between $135 million and $250 million.

BlackBerry offers bumper package to new CEO - Yahoo Finance
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    11-08-13 06:12 AM
    Anyone else find it strange that the market seems intent on holding BBRY somewhere around 6.66 for the last few days?

The Blackberry - Wikiality, the Truthiness Encyclopedia
    11-08-13 07:15 AM
    Can someone please confirm that either Boulben is gone or on his way out? If they don't fire him and get in a new marketing head I'm def selling all my shares and calls.
    morganplus8, Corbu, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    11-08-13 07:21 AM
    Can someone please confirm that either Boulben is gone or on his way out? If they don't fire him and get in a new marketing head I'm def selling all my shares and calls.
    that would be a call for the new CEO who isn't in place as yet...
    bungaboy and peter9477 like this.
    11-08-13 07:30 AM
    Last edited by m0de25; 11-08-13 at 08:32 AM.
    11-08-13 07:33 AM
    As silversun10 points out, I don't think we can expect changes like that for the next ten days, but note this from CrackBerry's John Chen Q&A:

... And I know you�d love to see us increase our marketing effort, so I�m looking for somebody who can help me with really reaching more people.

... so I think I could use some help on sales, marketing and services.
    11-08-13 07:52 AM
    Good Morning Gang,

It feels like Blackberry is getting ready to be open for business.
    11-08-13 08:09 AM
    What does everything think next earnings is going to look like ?
    11-08-13 08:46 AM
    HALO...... Thank you......
    11-08-13 09:07 AM
    HALO...... Thank you......
    ditto, Thanks Morgan!
    jmehta22, Corbu, abouthsu and 5 others like this.
    11-08-13 09:18 AM
    Would it be a good idea to still buy halo?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 09:37 AM
    I think right now it's a good time to buy. New management and stock is as low as can be.
    11-08-13 09:39 AM
    OT, but security related.

Millions of user passwords stolen from Adobe found on hacker site
    Millions of user passwords stolen from Adobe found on hacker site - The Globe and Mail
    11-08-13 10:04 AM
    this is why bbry has to maintain some sort of hw division: UK shuns BYOD in effort to strengthen mobile security - FierceMobileGovernment

hindsight is 20/20 but would things have been different if instead of resigning in august, PW sacked TH, got Chen, and an infusion of cash. we would have been 6 months into a new plan... I wonder who at the board (or maybe TH) was being stubborn...
    11-08-13 10:05 AM
    Morgan - Halo back to close to a 52 week high. Doesn't seem to be able to keep above 12.50.

You still see some upside over the next two weeks or profit taking? ER next week ....weird bounce today?

And damn TRP losing it's ER pop ....
    11-08-13 10:37 AM
    Holy halo on steroids!!!!
    11-08-13 10:56 AM
    Morgan - Halo back to close to a 52 week high. Doesn't seem to be able to keep above 12.50.

You still see some upside over the next two weeks or profit taking? ER next week ....weird bounce today?

And damn TRP losing it's ER pop ....
    HALO is having a great day, but the day is 6 1/2 hours long and you can't expect it to hold all of its gains all day! Let it back up, pause to refresh, as everyone in the free world has a profit in it. Then it will rally later on as it burns through 6 1/2 hours of trade. The news was fantastic as Pfizer has taken up four more drug programs with HALO. We are looking like we are closing at a 52 week closing high, the stock is showing no sign of weakness. Enjoy the gain, I'm looking for something around $ 14.00/shr based on this news today. Don't be fooled by the stock pausing to refresh, it needs to absorb a lot of stock in here. You have a stock with a powerful trend here, enjoy it!

Thanks for all the well wishes on this trade, I appreciate it, now we need to find another trade and IMG/IAG is backing up again for another gold trade.
    11-08-13 10:58 AM
    it's crazy but Halo/Morgan has single handedly help me break even on my BBRY investment. can't express my gratitude with a post. haven't been here in awhile cause work's been crazy (on another note, MSFT's been doing well too), but i'm actually glad of the turn of events in BBRY. I had considered putting a bit more into it yesterday but ended up buying some HALO instead cause of the drop. I honestly believe the company can turn the corner, they've started investing in advertising again too (Skype takeover today for Canada on the Z30)
    11-08-13 11:15 AM
    HALO is having a great day, but the day is 6 1/2 hours long and you can't expect it to hold all of its gains all day! Let it back up, pause to refresh, as everyone in the free world has a profit in it. Then it will rally later on as it burns through 6 1/2 hours of trade. The news was fantastic as Pfizer has taken up four more drug programs with HALO. We are looking like we are closing at a 52 week closing high, the stock is showing no sign of weakness. Enjoy the gain, I'm looking for something around $ 14.00/shr based on this news today. Don't be fooled by the stock pausing to refresh, it needs to absorb a lot of stock in here. You have a stock with a powerful trend here, enjoy it!

Thanks for all the well wishes on this trade, I appreciate it, now we need to find another trade and IMG/IAG is backing up again for another gold trade.
    To counter all the trolls that bash you for losing the trade with BBRY, let us all thank you x100 for winning the trade with HALO.

At one point (until the recent ER) I was 100% in BBRY with my 'play' account, which still held a good amount of money, then diversified with 25% to HALO, some IAG, some TRP, some other stuff. Still down but I will claw back those BBRY losses slowly.

I really want that Google Play Services on BB10 rumour to be true and happen ASAP!

Worst case, BB should build hardware that dual boots (boot option) into Android or BB10. The Z30 hardware and your choice of what OS to use - BB10 at work, Android for playtime at night. If they can get Google Play on BB10 even better. But either way open up BB10 handsets to fully support Android and keep building great hardware! (although improve the damn camera).
    11-08-13 11:17 AM
    To counter all the trolls that bash you for losing the trade with BBRY, let us all thank you x100 for winning the trade with HALO.
    +100 well said. Thanks Morgan!
    Corbu, sidhuk and Soumaila Somtore like this.
    11-08-13 11:28 AM
113,256 ... 21812182218321842185 ...